Signature on 'Britain's Got Talent' - 2nd Place!!!!! [Rumourd Jackson Tour, p.29]

Re: Suleman Mirza on 'Britain's Got Talent' LIVE Final - Saturday 31st May 2008, 6:50PM, ITV1 (UK)

I am surprised the violinists never got there, they were amazing. It was so hard to judge because in my eyes they were all worthy winners

Re: Suleman Mirza on 'Britain's Got Talent' LIVE Final - Saturday 31st May 2008, 6:50PM, ITV1 (UK)

Hm, well, just because I'm an MJ fan, there's nothing questionable about my wanting George Sampson to win. Signature are not Michael Jackson, after all, and I won't vote for an act like that just to promote MJ. Personally, I was more impressed by George - and it has nothing to do with him being a kid, either :)

As I said before, though, it was a tough choice - even though they are both dance acts, they are quite different, with different goals - and I would have been happy if Signature had won; they are a great, fun act and great guys; but George tipped the balance for me with his raw talent and a fantastic routine.

Actually, I wish George, Signature and Escala could have all won it!

See that is my thinking George was somthing different totally different and you cant help but admire the amount of work that must have gone in to creating that act. Escala were just amazing as well *drools*

I thought Signature was great but it was a MJ tribute with a funny twist and for me that was not Britains Got Talent, just my opinion.

Yeah i agree they were an mj tribute act, but they made it their own. We as fans see them all the time because of our mj experiences and parties, but don't forget the general public haven't and it was new to them. They were entertaining and funny so why shouldn't they have got as far as they did.

But as i said before every act was brilliant, they are all worthy winners.

Escala were awsome, but what can you do when all acts were amazing at what they did

Yeah i agree they were an mj tribute act, but they made it their own. We as fans see them all the time because of our mj experiences and parties, but don't forget the general public haven't and it was new to them. They were entertaining and funny so why shouldn't they have got as far as they did.

But as i said before every act was brilliant, they are all worthy winners.

Escala were awsome, but what can you do when all acts were amazing at what they did

I am not saying they should not have got that far because you get where you get to on merit. I just dont think, as I said had they have won it would have been the right act as there is only so far you can go with that act. There were 3 other acts which were all out of this world who could really take there act on another level or 2 (if you understand what I am saying) from what they peformed yesterday.

Maybe they will come back next year. We could make a petition for them to return :wild:

Maybe they will come back next year. We could make a petition for them to return :wild:
nah, they wouldnt have the surprise element anymore

MJ shud jst bust out on stage n perform Billie Jean! haha

congratulations to 'Signature', they are a hit. number 2 is better than number 1 in my opinion too.

and yeah i agree with you Cheadle_Ender_ it would have been great if mj popped out to perform with them, i imagine it being like when mj performaned with n-sync at the VMA awards in 2001 in new york.

edited: i imagine it would have been like this if mj joined 'Signature' onstage (mj comes on stage at around 04:05), I hope it happens in the near future:

Just got off the phone from Suleman. Apparently, he recieved a Text Message from Matt Fiddes saying that Tito, Katherine and Jermaine will be watching tonight and wishing him Best of Luck.

Also, he mentioned that one of the other dancers (George Sampson - who's one of the favourites to win) might be performing to Justin Timberlake tonight.

So it'll be Michael Vs. Justin

Britain's Got Talent LIVE Final - 6:50PM, ITV1 - PLEASE VOTE!!!

:cool:

that is really cool

Last edited:

congratulations to 'Signature', they are a hit. number 2 is better than number 1 in my opinion too.

and yeah i agree with you Cheadle_Ender_ it would have been great if mj popped out to perform with them, i imagine it being like when mj performaned with n-sync at the VMA awards in 2001 in new york.

They would have definitely won if Michael joined them!

Were Signature not allowed to have a new performance? Sampson did the same performance as well :scratch:

Last edited:

It could have went to about 5 acts in the end, im pleased they finshed second, they done well.

They would have definitely won if Michael joined them!

Were Signature not allowed to have a new performance? Sampson did the same performance as well :scratch:

yeah without a doubt they would have won if mj performed with them.

i have no idea, but someone in this thread said that on the itv 2 backstage show they said sampson was supposed to perform another song but it wasn't ready.

Last edited:

My jaws dropped on the floor when I watched George Sampson's performance!
Heck, the boy is 14, right? His performance was awesome!

Congratulations to Signature for their 2nd place :flowers:

i have no idea, but someone in this thread said that on the itv 2 backstage show they said sampson was supposed to perform another song but it wasn't ready.

That was me. Yeah, on Friday night they showed a clip of George rehearsing for the final, without music (the dancing was definitely different, too). The presenter said that was because they were mixing two tracks together but it wasn't ready yet. So it seems they didn't get the music ready in time. Shame, I would have liked to have seen a new routine - but it was a winning routine, so maybe it was a good thing for George, and he obviously loved doing it again.

I'm sure we'll see much more of Signature in the future, too. To be honest, I think both acts won in their own way. They both got incredible exposure and support.

And I think Signature, to be honest, have already had breaks and exposure that George hasn't had. There are clips on Youtube of Signature doing that routine at at least one other venue. And didn't I see somewhere that they have performed for royalty in another country before, and that Suleman was a dancer at the WMAs . . . ?

Last edited:

o0o0o0 i was amazed the two finalists :wub: i couldnt choose who i wanted to win :toofunny: i wanted signature because they did such good mj performances but i wanted george cause hes the cutest thing ever!!!! and was just amazing :lol:

Today's most viewed
REDBRIDGE: Britain's Got Talent dancer loses final

A TALENTED Michael Jackson impersonator is licking his wounds this morning (Sunday) after losing the final of ITV1 show, Britain's Got Talent.

Trainee solicitor, Suleman Mirza, and dance partner, Madhu Singh, wowed the audience, and the judges with their dazzling mix of classic Jackson and Bhangra dancing last night, during the Royal Variety Performance.

The pair, who have been performing as signature for several years, were one step away from winning the contest in front of Prince Charles, but were pipped to the post by breakdancing teenager, George Sampson, who took the £100,000 prize.
advertisement

Mr Mirza, 29, of Eton Road, Ilford, began dancing like Michael Jackson as a child after seeing him perform his legendary 'Moonwalk' routine on TV - and says he is proud to have emulated his idol during the contest.

Mr Mirza now plans to take a well earned rest before hitting the boards as the King of Pop again.

10:05am today

http://www.wansteadandwoodfordguard...ge_britains_got_talent_dancer_loses_final.php

That was me. Yeah, on Friday night they showed a clip of George rehearsing for the final, without music (the dancing was definitely different, too). The presenter said that was because they were mixing two tracks together but it wasn't ready yet. So it seems they didn't get the music ready in time. Shame, I would have liked to have seen a new routine - but it was a winning routine, so maybe it was a good thing for George, and he obviously loved doing it again.

I'm sure we'll see much more of Signature in the future, too. To be honest, I think both acts won in their own way. They both got incredible exposure and support.

And I think Signature, to be honest, have already had breaks and exposure that George hasn't had. There are clips on Youtube of Signature doing that routine at at least one other venue. And didn't I see somewhere that they have performed for royalty in another country before, and that Suleman was a dancer at the WMAs . . . ?

Suleman of 'Signature' has definetly performed in large scale arena avenues and with big names, but i think Suleman and Madhu will now be part of mainstream success, this will be a diffrent league.

Last edited:

SIGNATURE IS THE NEW KING OF POP!!!! :wild:

The biggest winners of this competition were probably not in the top three. i think probably faryl smith and escala will do best in terms of building a career following their performances on BGT. they could be very big. other acts, like kate and gin and suleman et al. were more fun, but i doubt they have as much long term career prospects on the basos of their acts. novelties wear out. but, for a royal variety performance, about 5 or so quality acts. George will do very well there and PC will love him

SIGNATURE IS THE NEW KING OF POP!!!! :wild:

:scratch::blink:

No, there will never be another one, IMO, but they were very, very good!! I was impressed! I hope people realize though that all the people who loved the performance so much must think that MJ himself is even more amazing. He was doing MJ's moves, and he got that kind of response from everyone, so imagine how people would feel about the real thing?
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to take away from his talents, but I'm just making a point because I also feel that it's good publicity for Michael, and I think Michael has seen them perform and loved it!

Last edited by a moderator:

So...Katherine, Jermaine and Tito watched it?

Betcha they were upset they didn't win :( but SIGNATURE STOLE THE SHOW so they kinda did win! :p

Re: Suleman Mirza on 'Britain's Got Talent' - 2nd Place!!!!!

That guy can dance ...but like the real...MJ..MJ never moves that fast!! Right? I mean he does but like superfast...what do u all think?

***Edit***

Last edited:

my 2 faves were the 1st and 2nd not bad I loved georges performance its was fantastic great loved the rain part great dancers loved him but I really wanted Signature to win, and I think they could do more at the royal variety performance, mirdu was hilarious he even did the leg kick LOL and suleman was just amazing should have won, but well done george he needed it glad for him!

Last edited:

That guy can dance ...but like the real...MJ..MJ never moves that fast!! Right? I mean he does but like superfast...what do u all think?

Yeah, he was dancing like michael in super fast forwards, plus he tried to cram so much mj moves into short amount of time, which always makes an impersonator look desperate

my 2 faves were the 1st and 2nd not bad I loved georges performance its was fantastic great loved the rain part great dancers loved him but I really wanted Signature to win, and I think they could do more at the royal variety performance, mirdu was hilarious he even did the leg kick LOL and suleman was just amazing should have won, but well done george he needed it glad for him!
no he didnt.....

r1logobb4.gif

Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition rises 31 places on the UK Albums Chart this week to #42.

I guess we all know who to thank for that :cool:

Last edited:

Michael is faster then this guy, but he makes it clean and he's got very good lines, he's able to hold and keep straight form on each pose long enough for you to see it before going in to the next. That's what makes him such an exceptional dancer. He's like lightening but you can still see clearly every movement he makes, everything is accurate and controled and held strongly, whether he's transitioning or hitting the actual step.

But this guy is a good dancer too. He just doesn't have as good line as Michael.

Last edited:

I think that he wants to portray Suleman, not MJ (which is why he's chosen a more higher speed) :)

Last edited:
Re: Suleman Mirza on 'Britain's Got Talent' - 2nd Place!!!!! [Thriller 25 Rises in UK Charts, p.26]

They Were Awesome!!!! Votw For Them!!!

Last edited:
Back