Reuters, Yahoo & TMZ: AllGood Ent Threatens To Stop O2 Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TMZ: Michael's London Shows In Jeopardy

Mods I think this Thread should be renamed considering that TMZ are now not the only media reporting this. Reuters and Yahoo are also covering this with articles.

Mods I think this Thread should be renamed considering that TMZ are now not the only media reporting this. Reuters and Yahoo are also covering this with articles.

The whole thread title should be changed to: "Michael's former manager in trouble with tour company". Because that's how this whole situation is looking like.

mike needs frank's ass away from him that's first.

he also needs joe and rowe away from his ass as well.....

then he needs to show who is truly his damn manager, make some statement regarding bain's pathetic claims, and decipher the mess stupid got him into.

cuz how the hell is dileo the manager for everyone ? isn't janet still w/ johnny wright? so will mj have to sue his family as well or what? y this mess and why now?

for some lame ass concert thta was supposed to be happening this summer, we sure didn't hear anything about it. when did he make the announcement for the o2? feb?

and when did frank become mj's manager? wasn't tohme on this whole time? or is frank re-using the contract from the 80s?

how can one man have so many managers.....

for those of u who think he can trust frank, i say i'd rather gai...i mean sail away on a tennis shoe in the bermuda triangle before i trust him.

angel and all them other messes, too....this is messy and sloppy and of course would happen right about now. ain't ish stopping, u heard phillips...they'll f ight this tooth and damn nail.

Anything to say on this one katie?

"bring back frank!" lol

This story gas gone global, it's on our news every hour.

What a joke this is al turning into

Re: Reuters, Yahoo & TMZ: Michael's London Shows In Jeopardy

Statement from Randy:

Randy Phillips, President & CEO of AEG Live, the company putting on Jackson’s London shows released a statement to Access calling the claims “meritless.”

“We are aware of the allegations which we believe are completely meritless,” Phillips said in the statement. “Rehearsals have been uninterrupted and continue on schedule.”

----
Sorry if posted already.

Anything to say on this one katie?

"bring back frank!" lol

This story gas gone global, it's on our news every hour.

What a joke this is al turning into

Every hour? :lol:

If a star was a has-been, why would a complaint be talked about in every hour? :lol:

The o2 shows are not in jerpordy...sum1 please change the title to something more appropriate now we know the facts

Okay so let me get this straight. Frank DiLeo took it upon himself, with no legal backing whatsoever, to enter an agreement with this entertainment company and promised that Michael and the family will perform? And that this performance was to happen some time this year in the United States - either Atlanta, New Jersey or some other city?

I read 2009. I didn't read 2010....is this a synopsis of what happened?

Be certain of one very important thing: AEG has a strong, important, financially-sound investment in these concerts. They are not going to let family, former employees, want to be employees, want to be associates or promoters, etc. to mess this up. They know exactly what is to be made from these concerts and if there is any chance in the air that Michael will agree to tour past London, they are not even going to think twice about fervently protecting their investment in Michael. All of these people had better back off these concerts because I don't believe that AEG or Michael is going to play that at all.

Okay so let me get this straight. Frank DiLeo took it upon himself, with no legal backing whatsoever, to enter an agreement with this entertainment company and promised that Michael and the family will perform? And that this performance was to happen some time this year in the United States - either Atlanta, New Jersey or some other city?

I read 2009. I didn't read 2010....is this a synopsis of what happened?

Yeah.

And I agree, lilseanb, the o2 shows are NOT in jeopardy, lol.

I'm so glad AEG appears to be very professional and able to handle this situation in a very professional way. I aint worried. Michael's feet will be on that stage come July 8th.

Frank needs to go away....go far, far away. He almost reminds me of Schaffel. And Raymone needs to go away too.

Statement from Randy:

Randy Phillips, President & CEO of AEG Live, the company putting on Jackson’s London shows released a statement to Access calling the claims “meritless.”

“We are aware of the allegations which we believe are completely meritless,” Phillips said in the statement. “Rehearsals have been uninterrupted and continue on schedule.”

----
Sorry if posted already.

AEG is not going to want any ticket purchasers to be afraid that everything is going to fall through. They will do what needs to be done. They know who they were dealing with and who is in authority to deal with them. I really don't think that we have to worry about shoddy paperwork and negotiations on their end. Michael really doesn't need to state anything in terms of who his management is. As long as others have no legal right to make deals for him, they can live in whatever "reality" that they want to do so. He only has to be concerned about whom he has given legal authority to deal for him. The rest can easily be squashed.

From Randy Philips

Taken from access hollywood

Yay!!!! :clapping:

Now until Michael, his representatives or AEG announce anything different we should honor this as word.

I do have a high sense of fear that here we go again! Everytime Michael comes back, usually with a new album... this time to the stage, major civil suits have been filed to not only extort money, to also sabotage his financial gain and seemingly force him into bankruptsy so he can as we have always suspected to give up his ATV/Sony stakes. Hmmmm?

Maybe I am tripping, but that's the synical side of me being an MJ fan. Let's just hope this is not true, but oddly on the heals of his comeback the cases stock pile between John Landis & Ola Ray (cmon really? After all these years for a 25+ year video), now Raymone Bain and these thugs!

I wouldn't worry though too much because I don't see how they can stop these shows and if that is even what any smart business people would do considering the obvious backlash they would see from not only the fans screwed that bought tickets already, but the remaining worldwide Army of Love. I think if this is true, Michael will either win a settlement in our favor by Frank Dileo not having power of attorney like someone else said, because to our knowledge isn't Dr. Tohme his legitimate Manager?

Also, if true, I think the logical solution would be to honor Michael's AEG London contract then honor his American family reunion in Texas. The fans would get the best of both worlds... solo and group finale MJ!

I think this will have to play out and we will just have to wait and see without panic.

Frank needs to go away....go far, far away. He almost reminds me of Schaffel. And Raymone needs to go away too.

Are you serious? I have always liked Frank Dileo. He was in my opinion the seemingly perfect manager, father/uncle figure, confidant & pal to Mike. Hasn't he always been pretty dedicated beside some old unsubstantiated rumors because Mike and he always seem to reunite behind the scenes just like Quincy.

I think such behind the scenes dealings possibly leaks future changes in Mike's structure with managment maybe again, plus a US venue following AEG/o2. Of coarse this is speculation. Although remember Mike is reluctant to obligate to AEG beyond these concerts even though they are pursuing a three year deal. Mike knows what he is doing something tells me and all wil be fine and happy in the end. I hope.

This is good hype also for this BIG EXPLOSION called the "King" of POP! :tease:

Thank you to TCSM for outlining the issue for all of us. Don't know what Frank DiLeo was doing but I see this as more of an issue between AllGood and Frank.

At the time the agreement was signed, AllGood Entertainment allocated up to 120 days for Dileo to get written confirmation from all of the Jackson family members, including Michael, and stated that if more time was needed to do so they'd have to subsequently discuss and agree upon it in writing. AllGood Entertainment was also called on to pay Dileo or his firm $2 million (or at least 10% of that) by December 31, 2008 "to secure the Jacksons in good faith" [the total they expected to pay the Jacksons for their commitment is $24 million. It is unclear whether such money ever exchanged hands.

So, first they created the plan and outlined the fees, expenses, and profits while signing contracts amongst themselves, and only afterwards did they seem to consider attempting to get written agreements from each of the Jackson family members, some of which have long expressed no interest or desire to tour with the family (i.e., Michael). Seems a bit backwards to me.

Are you serious? I have always liked Frank Dileo. He was in my opinion the seemingly perfect manager, father/uncle figure, confidant & pal to Mike. Hasn't he always been pretty dedicated beside some old unsubstantiated rumors because Mike and he always seem to reunite behind the scenes just like Quincy.

:tease:
omg r u friggin serious? this asshat caused this problem and he's an old friend father uncle? who th ehell needs family like that?

let us all be reminded of the cads that've worked for mj...this guy isa wolf in sheep's clothing.

ive been saying it all along. i'd rather hav esneddon than frank. at least i know what im working w/ that way

So, first they created the plan and outlined the fees, expenses, and profits while signing contracts amongst themselves, and only afterwards did they seem to consider attempting to get written agreements from each of the Jackson family members, some of which have long expressed no interest or desire to tour with the family (i.e., Michael). Seems a bit backwards to me.

This sounds very very unprofessional. It looks like they needed the signatures/written confirmation from each member of the Jackson family to be able to go through this, right? Without confirmation, no show? Did I got that right? Since, they didn't get ANY signature.. that must mean their claim is meritless like Randy said.

far out... waking up to this was terrible!!!
but now it seems to be all sorted out. ahhh I hope all is good now.
thanks TSCM :)

naw but they said he had up to this many days to get it. looks like in their minds if he didn't get it by then, they would just ASSume it was legit. lame

Hey, wait a minute? Why are all these people fighting over Michael??

Why doesn't allgood go get Justin TimberFAKE or USHER ImarriedTamekafosterRaymond? Weren't they crowned the new "kings"?? Allgood can save lots of money by arranging a concert featuring those two on the same stage. Heck, throw up 2.5 million each and you've gotta mega concert feature two people that I'm sure someone somewhere would be willing to pay money for.

Why go after Michael with ALL that money???? I mean, he is worth it, but he's kinda busy right now and he ain't got time for your ISH.

Throw some money at some of the other artists who have been proclaimed the real deal and let's see how that goes.

When boxers want to fight the undisputed champ, they have to have a lot a little fights before they can be given the honor of fighting the champ. So, why should Allgood (whom I've never heard of until just now) get the King without first putting on a show featuring people who are obviously "mini-mes" of Michael???

Let's see that first.

Better yet, put a downpayment on Michael. Throw some money up on the table and come back in a few years and we'll see how things have progressed with Allgood. Ok?

omg r u friggin serious? this asshat caused this problem and he's an old friend father uncle? who th ehell needs family like that?

let us all be reminded of the cads that've worked for mj...this guy isa wolf in sheep's clothing.

ive been saying it all along. i'd rather hav esneddon than frank. at least i know what im working w/ that way

ROFLMAO!! Soso, you have a way with words...lol

and that's what it's come to. keep your enemies closer...

Just........:censored: Don't tell me Tookie screwing up, too! I mean What The BEEP is going on in MJLand. The Auction went down like a Twilight Zone episode and now we've got all Three Blind Mice running 'round. I mean, can ANYBODY who's NOT supposed to be signing crap STOP signing crap?? And WHYYYYYY are people who have no authority to sign crap, doing it in the first place. I do NOT get this?!!! AND is SOMEBODY keeping up with who actually HAS the authority to be running thangs. How many contracts exactly are there with exactly how many different ppl who think they are in charge?? For the Love of all that is Holy and Merciful, WHO is minding the store up in MJ Land, eh? The Mad Hatter? I swear I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole with this news.

At the time the agreement was signed, AllGood Entertainment allocated up to 120 days for Dileo to get written confirmation from all of the Jackson family members, including Michael, and stated that if more time was needed to do so they'd have to subsequently discuss and agree upon it in writing. AllGood Entertainment was also called on to pay Dileo or his firm $2 million (or at least 10% of that) by December 31, 2008 "to secure the Jacksons in good faith" [the total they expected to pay the Jacksons for their commitment is $24 million. It is unclear whether such money ever exchanged hands.

So, first the created the plan and outlined the fees, expenses, and profits while signing contracts amongst themselves, and only afterwards did they seem to consider attempting to get written agreements from each of the Jackson family members, some of which expressed no interest in touring with the family (i.e., Michael). Seems a bit backwards to me.

TSCM, thank you for your informative posts, dude. At least panic has subsided about the O2 shows thanks to word from AllGood. So basically, blind mouse number three has been on a signing rampage that has zero merit. Tookie! Tookie! Tookie! And this time I say that with disappointment and a bias of another color. Wtf? Seriously. W...T....Frick, dude! And no money shouldn't have changed hands cuz it's obvious he never secured any signatures from any Jackson family members during the 120 days.

To be fair, the AllGood deal actually sounds nice, but if you take 24 million profit and divided up by HOW many Jacksons participating in this thing and Lord knows who else, that's not exactly woohoo money. So I dunno why they are saying it like it compares to the O2 deal MJ has on his own...not to down the AllGood idea. Just saying....Sounds like a lot of work for very little profit. No wonder MJ sat down with AEG. Unfortunately, NOW he's got to work out that pesky 10 percent between blind mice one and two and whether one gets it all or the two mice have to split their cheese. Ugh!

And this has been ANOTHER episode in the MJ Twilight Zone.

Seriously tho.... WHEN will things change so this kind of unecessary drama can stop happening? :(

Did they pay Frank DiLeo and his firm? *edit* Nevermind I just read that u said it's unclear if they exchanged any $$$.

The o2 shows are not in jerpordy...sum1 please change the title to something more appropriate now we know the facts

I agree because this gives the terrorist impression to the fans and not naming sources because all media outlets are now picking this up. It should be an objective title to coordinate with AEG's upbeat and strong statement.

Suggested Titles: [Breaking News] AllGood Entertainment Challenging o2 Concerts - AEG remaining upbeat, confident and strong (per official press statement by Randy Phillips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back