Rebuttal to OK Magazine/Aaron Carter/Daphne Barrak Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please wait before you send it. I'll proofread it in about one hour, k? :)

Please everyone, do not send anything until we get a final statement together. We really want it to have the most impact and be definitve.

Thanks everyone.

I have read the statement and I think it's excellent, great job everyone! I am sure Michael would be grateful for your efforts :)

Just a very small correction: in the statement you often write "Mr." but I think the correct word is "Mr", at least that's what I learnt in school... but that's just a minor detail ;)

Again, great job and thank you!! :)

1. OK, Here is the list of those who would be willing to email:

Memefan
ginvid
Rhilo
Lindsey
StaceyMJ
JMie
ilmjj
Tarinjade
Sophielo
Diplomate

I did not want to assume, so if you are able to help, please inform me so that I may add your name to the list.

For those who are remaining, there are a few letters for you to choose from. I will divvy the list up and ask that you guys look up the article, take note of who wrote the article, you may even personalize it with nonsense they wrote in their article.

2. Can anyone try to find out who are the sponsors for OK! magazine and post it here? I couldn't find it when I checked online. OK!magazine and OK!magazine Australia if possible.

Thanks.
I will be able to send emails.

Thanks so much Bumper! :)

Let me print this out and read it correctly. Afterwards, I will post a final.

BRB.

While I am doing this, Does anyone have any idea about which high profile media outlets to send this to, such AP, USAToday, CNN?

BRB.

While I am doing this, Does anyone have any idea about which high profile media outlets to send this to, such AP, USAToday, CNN?

You're welcome ;)

On 29 May 2011, 90s pop singer Aaron Carter filmed an interview

=> On 29 May 2011, 90s pop singer Aaron Carter was filmed for an interview

BRB.

USA Today did a retraction of sorts so they should be on the list IMO.

BRB.

CNN is the most famous worldwide.

Memefan
ginvid
Rhilo
Lindsey
StaceyMJ
JMie
ilmjj
Tarinjade
Sophielo
Diplomate
Resa

I did not want to assume, so if you are able to help, please inform me so that I may add your name to the list.

For those who are remaining, there are a few letters for you to choose from. I will divvy the list up and ask that you guys look up the article, take note of who wrote the article, you may even personalize it with nonsense they wrote in their article.

2. Can anyone try to find out who are the sponsors for OK! magazine and post it here? I couldn't find it when I checked online. OK!magazine and OK!magazine Australia if possible.

Thanks.

Ok, just so I'm clear, are we going to be assigned specific websites to email? Like somebody said earlier, person one gets 1-10, person two gets 11-20, etc? Also, should we be sending the same e-mail (the above statement), or change them up a little bit?

I've just been researching to find out who sponsors OK! and OK! Australia. I found out nothing about the former, but on the australia edition's website, I found a list of "Stockists." I'm thinking that's not the same thing.

I'll be happy to send emails if its any help guys :)

Thanks so much. We are finalizing the letter and will contact you shortly. :D

@ tarinjade, yes, we will be dividing the list up just as you understood. I think we are going to be sending the same letter to each one.

Yeah, I couldn't find the sponsors for the magazine either. :(

Did someone contacted the brother of Aaron Carter? Nick Carter ? He must be an has been too, but it would be interesting to have some reaction from him.

I sent to CNN, Fox News, CBS, ABC, Sky News, BBC so far.

And of course I sent a really great mail to Daphne Barak. Trust me, she gonna check around her house before to sleep tonight :lol:

I wish Aaron Carter could read it too, just so he knows how the MJ fan community feels about him. Are you going to send him the statement as well?

Ok, everyone. Please wait to get the finalized official letter before you send things off. We want to be firm but dignified and above all, organized.

Thanks so much!

^^Thanks UncleDoodooLover, we will contact you tomorrow with some names to send the letter to. :)

Memefan
ginvid
Rhilo
Lindsey
StaceyMJ
JMie
ilmjj
Tarinjade
Sophielo
Diplomate
Resa
DeniroUK

Thanks.

I hope this helps ginvid but I found out that, OK! Magazine in the UK is published by Northern and Shell Media Publications. I'm looking to see who OK!'s shareholders are. I did find out that OKmagazine.com is published by BUZZMEDIA. Hope it helps, I'll keep searching!

Found this as well:
Ok Magazine
20 N Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606 map
Phone: (312) 346-6000
OK Magazine
475 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10017-6220 map
New York, NY Metro Area
Phone: (212) 672-0800

Last edited:
Ok, everyone. Please wait to get the finalized official letter before you send things off. We want to be firm but dignified and above all, organized.

Thanks so much!

^^Thanks UncleDoodooLover, we will contact you tomorrow with some names to send the letter to. :)

I can send emails too.

Yes, Annie, it does help. Very much.

Thank you.

Twinklee & jrsfan, I will add you guys to the list.

Thanks!

I sent an email to help. Did you guys not get it? If u still need me, I am here.

Thanks so much. We are finalizing the letter and will contact you shortly. :D

@ tarinjade, yes, we will be dividing the list up just as you understood. I think we are going to be sending the same letter to each one.

Yeah, I couldn't find the sponsors for the magazine either. :(

I will go to the store and look up a copy of OkMagazine & take pics of the most prominent advertisers.

I should be able to give you a list midday tomorrow, during my lunch break (New York time)

ETA: Here again are the email for OK mag USA editor in chief

Edior: Richard Spencer
email: Richard.Spencer@okmagazine.com

His assistant: Sue
email: editfreelancer2@okmagazine.com

I hope someone can provide us with similar info for OK Spain & Ok Australia

No reply from Mesereau....?

I'd so love to get a quote from him before we start sending this out...

BRB.

1. AP is bigger. They provide stories to newspapers & other outlets all over the world..INCLUDING CNN.

AP is well regarded...It's not a coincidence that CNN published the fake story ...and AP didn't.

2. ETA2: You need to provide the source & dates for all quotes. Very important

Bloodsuckers and the World of Michael Jackson
Mallika Chopra was published on Huffington Post June 28th 2009
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mallika-chopra/bloodsuckers-and-the-worl_b_222023.html

3. For example, he once claimed that he only spent one night at Neverland where he slept in the theater with Chris Tucker and other guests.

Where did he say that? Howard Stern? We have to include it:

For example, On an interview for the Howard Stern show in 2004, he once claimed that he only spent one night at Neverland where he slept in the theater with Chris Tucker and other guests (refer to youtube link above for Stern interview)

Daphne Barak - A meddling tabloid vulture masquerading as a journalist
March 24th, 2009
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/...-tabloid-vulture-masquerading-as-a-journalist

Carter's denial through TMZ on July 1st 2011 is now being widely reported, nevertheless

4. The URL listed for the Howard Stern show is a dead link. Please fix.

We need to provide all sources (within the letter..or preferably at the end, so the text won't be too heavy).

5. Error in Daphne's name here >>>
Daphe Barak crossed the line into complete fiction

6. Frank Cascio, who had maintained a friendship with Jackson since his childhood, tweeted this on June 30th 2011, in defense of Michael

7. If possible, we can add that Carter's career has been long dead and he is trying to make a comeback with a new CD & a reality show

Last edited:
Guys... I now have direct contact with the AP entertainment reporter....

I want to send her the letter directly & ask her to cover the story.

Can we wrap this up by tomorrow...?

Hopefully, Mesereau will get back to us by then.

I will go to the store and look up a copy of OkMagazine & take pics of the most prominent advertisers.

I should be able to give you a list midday tomorrow, during my lunch break (New York time)

ETA: Here again are the email for OK mag USA editor in chief

Edior: Richard Spencer
email: Richard.Spencer@okmagazine.com

His assistant: Sue
email: editfreelancer2@okmagazine.com

I hope someone can provide us with similar info for OK Spain & Ok Australia

I'm glad I read the previous pages before I posted because I had the same idea as you, I too will go to the store and look through the pages and make a list of advertisers. Also, I did briefly look at their web page and there are advertisers there as well. I'm on CST and I will post what I locate by 6pm CST. Also, just a suggestion, perhaps the letter submitted to OK publishers/editors should be slightly different than the letter sent to the other media outlets? Somehow in a non-threatening way, mention the names of the advertisers we locate and how we would no longer financially support those companies who support (via advertising dollars) yellow journalism, just a suggestion.

Please dont post off topic replies that will only derail this thread
Discuss the work being done here and post your coments the on
going Aaron Saga in thread provided in contoversy forum - Thanks

I think the letter is pretty good. However, I would edit this:

"She became friends with Grace Rwaramba --who was the Jackson's children's nanny for several years-- in order to take advantage of her in the hopes of finding out information about Michael Jackson."

It's the same sentence Bumper Snippet and I phrased differently. I would say, "--who was the Jackson children's nanny for several years--", to make it sound right. Since the letter pertains to something involving Michael, everyone will know that "the Jackson children" refers to Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

Aside from that, I'd say this is one Hell of a letter. I hope its recipients take it seriously.

With that said, I would also like to be on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back