Paul Anka Claims 'This is It' is a Rip-Off

Ok wait...if Michael were still alive, would "This is it" be on the new album (with credit to Anka or whoever) or is it just a coincidence???

They just can't take a song and say, oh great, this will be on his new album. (best-of...:doh:)

I just wanted to write SOMETHING Mr. Anka, but on his website contact is disabled. But I found these addresses on web

Address Information:

Paul Anka Productions, Inc.
Nigro Karlin Segal & Feldstein
(Production Company)
10100 Santa Monica Blvd
Suite 1300
Los Angeles, CA 90067
USA
Phone: (310) 858-0797
Fax: (310) 553-5930

Corporation
PAUL ANKA PRODUCTIONS, INC.
Number: C1112155 Date Filed: 5/17/1982 Status: active
Jurisdiction: NEVADA
Address
10100 SANTA MONICA BLVD STE 1300
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
Agent for Service of Process
MICKEY SEGAL
10100 SANTA MONICA BLVD STE 1300
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067

May be someone can find out an e-mail contact?

I will search for McClain too.

Good work! Any idea how we can an email contact for people not in the US?

Just the one song I would imagine. He has no claim to the other songs.

Please forgive me for sounding stupid, but does he still get it even if it isnt released as a single?

Does it just get some money because its on the album?

I don't know why on earth I was hoping that whatever material would be released in the future would be problem-free :doh:

Thanks a lot, Sony :doh:

THANKS...

We should also get a list of numbers for.....

TMZ
Showbiz tonight
E
Access Hollywood
Entertainment Tonight

But a few fans calling and leaving messages won't work. The entire MJJC board needs to call...

1. state the facts
2. be respectful
3. express our displeasure.

Anka I can understand, but TMZ is a lost cause. They live and breathe this garbage. Same with the other tabloid shows.

ROFL Mr. Anka....what a fool, to call the man a thief, who makes his shallow song a number-one-hit!
And Mr. Branca's statement ..."Now we know why the song was so good ... it wasn't the type of Michael Jackson song that he could write."

he means ironical, I hope so!
boewu5.gif

This is shit. Michael does not deserve this, this was supposed to be a good moment and SONY and Paul Anka and everyone involved always manage to make things shit for Michael.

Ok wait...if Michael were still alive, would "This is it" be on the new album (with credit to Anka or whoever) or is it just a coincidence???

They just can't take a song and say, oh great, this will be on his new album. (best-of...:doh:)

They can, and they did. It's important to remember through all of this that Michael did not CHOOSE to release this single. It was chosen because of the similarity of the name, "This is It," to the concert title. OK? It seems that the issue has been resolved amicably. If Anka wrote the song, then he's entitled to some revenue from it.

Carry on,

Vic

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thank you very much Shimar, and I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes in my message.

Somebody could confirm if Paul Anka have sung during Katherine Jackson birthday in 1984, because I have some doubt about the story of Paul Anka if he have accepted Jackson invitation:

Michael: Paul, I'm so happy that you sing during my Mum birthday, she is your fan !!!

Paul Anka: I'm happy to do that Michael...mmmh, there are one year ago, have you taken the demo of our song ?

Michael: Paul... Not today !!! It's the birthday of my mum, respect her !!!

Paul: Sure, I don't want direspect you or your mother.

Michael: And my brothers don't have yet finished their background vocals for this song.

Paul: What ?

Michael: Look !!! It's my mother !!! Happy birthday Mum !!!!!

It's not really credible they was supposed in conflict about this song and Paul Anka have sung during the birthday of his mother, it would be very cool if someone could confirm the info.

More I think about this story, more I think that Paul Anka want to put some drama for this single for to be sure to have the best deal about the royalty of the song (and some publicity for him with the name of Michael Jackson).

Please, don't apologize for typos, I'm the queen of them.

Was it this party here where Mj sings to his mom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQS93Z6Kaxg

Thank you very much Shimar, and I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes in my message.

Somebody could confirm if Paul Anka have sung during Katherine Jackson birthday in 1984, because I have some doubt about the story of Paul Anka if he have accepted Jackson invitation:

Michael: Paul, I'm so happy that you sing during my Mum birthday, she is your fan !!!

Paul Anka: I'm happy to do that Michael...mmmh, there are one year ago, have you taken the demo of our song ?

Michael: Paul... Not today !!! It's the birthday of my mum, respect her !!!

Paul: Sure, I don't want direspect you or your mother.

Michael: And my brothers don't have yet finished their background vocals for this song.

Paul: What ?

Michael: Look !!! It's my mother !!! Happy birthday Mum !!!!!

It's not really credible they was supposed in conflict about this song and Paul Anka have sung during the birthday of his mother, it would be very cool if someone could confirm this info.

More I think about this story, more I think that Paul Anka want to put some drama for this single for to be sure to have the best deal about the royalty of the song (and some publicity for him with the name of Michael Jackson).

I've searched for McClain but in vain. Also for the estate, I mean the so called administrators, I can't find any address.

So what can we do actually? I want to do something ...

What a mess.

Paul also said John McClain told him, "Now we know why the song was so good ... it wasn't the type of Michael Jackson song that he could write."

Hah!.. oh yeh.. Billie Jean wasn't good at all was it.

stop Paul Anka claiming Michael has stolen the song from him. Arrrrgh I am soooooooooooooo upset!!!!

Paul never said that Michael stole the song. He said they "stole" the tapes. Michael sent one of his people to pick up the tapes from Paul's studio.
It's the media who are mixing it up and making it look bad.

How can you steal a song that you co wrote? Michael recorded a demo of it, he didn't release it. Sony released it, not Michael.

i really dnt understand how you steal a song you co-wrote. surely michael should of had a copy and paul should of had a copy.
I think the way it works is MJ and Anka are co-writers so they are the ones who wrote it. But that doesn't mean they both automatically own any recorded version of the song. The vocals that MJ did for this song were produced by Anka himself. Since Anka was the producer, I think he owns that particular recording of the vocals.

Paul never said that Michael stole the song. He said they "stole" the tapes. Michael sent one of his people to pick up the tapes from Paul's studio.
It's the media who are mixing it up and making it look bad.
I'm VERY happy about those fans who found this kind of nice details. Does anyone care about them out there? I can't see it. But I can see the headlines and hear the claims and I am so fed up with all the crap ... and so tired. It is understandable that sometimes one yearns for a little bit propofol.

Back