Paul Anka Claims 'This is It' is a Rip-Off

I dont disagree with what Paul W. Anka is asking for, but there is a way to go about it

He is entitled to 50% for that song, fair enough.

But speak to the estate, dont go bad mouthing a dead man that can't defend himself

I agree. That's a way to do everthing.
Why everyone is so media-hungry is beyond me.
And Mcclain supposed comment is a big WTF?:eek:

Look what I have found about Paul Anka, he is clearly not a gentleman and don't really seem to know the word "respect", it's a audio link.

http://www.noisetank.com/integrity/

If you prefer there are also a link in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfp7v3ZtPW8

He seem a really rude man, I can't blame Michael for to don't want to continue to work with him, the audio link and his comments about Michael seem to speak for him, he seem to be really a capricious diva.

Look what I have found about Paul Anka, he is clearly not a gentleman and don't really seem to know the word "respect", it's a audio link.

http://www.noisetank.com/integrity/

If you prefer there are also a link in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfp7v3ZtPW8

He seem a really rude man, I can't blame Michael for to don't want to continue to work with him, the audio link and his comments about Michael seem to speak for him, he seem to be really a capricious diva.

thanks for the amazing insight!

this is a very unreasonable man. when he's wrong, he says he's right. thank you for this. it only takes a few moments to get the character of a man, by what comes out of his mouth. but we've had more than a few moments, and a zebra can't change his stripes. and his sense of self importance is frightening. Mr. Anka has people blaming themselves for things they didn't do.

no matter what your religion, you get the idea of him by this statement.(insert your god here)

'i don't care if it's Jesus Christ, i'm the only important man on that stage'.

Last edited:
no he was not . taking a pic with him does not mean they were friends .

they spoke. he had enough contact with Frank Sinatra and so did Anka, that if Sinatra was going to rub off on someone, he would rub off on both. Sinatra is not to blame for what Anka is. you can't blame someone else for your own actions.

Last edited:

Michael calls meeting Frank Sinatra "like a dream come true."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5jLQTK3qwk

well....while i take a moment to visit legend land with those two clips, i am reminded that Anka needs to be careful. there are enough fans that can dig up some real stuff. looks like Sinatra didn't want people to stop thinking of him as gruff. his unknown side seems to match Michael's.

thanks for the links.

One thing that confuses me is that the THIS IS IT song does not sound like a duet song that you would sing with another man does it?

One thing that confuses me is that the THIS IS IT song does not sound like a duet song that you would sing with another man does it?

Why would it sound like a duet? Just because two people write a song doesn't mean that it's supposed to be a duet. Or am I missing something? Was it originally supposed to be a duet?

Why would it sound like a duet? Just because two people write a song doesn't mean that it's supposed to be a duet. Or am I missing something? Was it originally supposed to be a duet?

From the original article/1st post:

Anka tells TMZ in 1983, he wrote a song with Jackson called "I Never Heard" -- and the demo of the song was recorded in Anka's studio in Carmel, CA. Anka says he took the tape to a studio in Hollywood to put the finishing touches on it for Anka's duets album, "Walk a Fine Line."

Anka tells TMZ in 1983, he wrote a song with Jackson called "I Never Heard" -- and the demo of the song was recorded in Anka's studio in Carmel, CA. Anka says he took the tape to a studio in Hollywood to put the finishing touches on it for Anka's duets album, "Walk a Fine Line."

well maybe it's just a running title, cus Anka decided to have Safire do it by herself.

well maybe it's just a running title, cus Anka decided to have Safire do it by herself.

And then when MJ gave permission, Wanka, MJ and Safire were in the studio and Wanka said to MJ that he wanted to duet it with Safire.

MJ told Wanka, "but she's young & beautiful and you're old, it's not gonna work if you do a duet with her." Ultimately, Safire was heard alone in the single.

And for an egomaniac like Paul - that must've hurt. So Paul Wanka didn't get to release it on his album nor duet it with Safire, and Wanka's carrying that grudge since then.

so overblown.overblown. everything will be settled end of case over a dime a dozen song. nobody thought or talked about stanka in 20 years.

Ok, thanks for the info!

And then when MJ gave permission, Wanka, MJ and Safire were in the studio and Wanka said to MJ that he wanted to duet it with Safire.

MJ told Wanka, "but she's young & beautiful and you're old, it's not gonna work if you do a duet with her." Ultimately, Safire was heard alone in the single.

And for an egomaniac like Paul - that must've hurt. So Paul Wanka didn't get to release it on his album nor duet it with Safire, and Wanka's carrying that grudge since then.

LMAO! are u serious? lol

at first, i believed u, but then i wanted to ask for a link.

but, you know..Anka established himself in those two links that i just heard a couple of posts ago. so, i bet ur right. Anka didn't believe that anyone had talent, except Anka. he still feels that way. those musicians in those links i listened to, were top caliber musicians, i'm sure. but, around Anka, they must have been bullied into thinking they did not have talent. i could only imagine how scared Safire must have been, a newbie wanting to make it in the industry, and she had no choice but to listen to Anka. even if she had more talent in her than he did in him, she would never allow herself to think that around an egomaniacal man like Anka. i can understand why people didn't want to work with Anka for the past fifteen or so years...he must have garnered a rep of being the ultimate bitch. and he didn't warrant his behaviour. there is a way to deal with people and respect is job 1. he should take a lesson from Michael. people have clamoured to work with MJ, his whole life..even when the media tried to sully his rep. there must be a reason for that.

you should be secure with your own talent and respect others as having THEIR own talent. obviously, Anka isn't like that. i think that Anka lost his security blanket when Sinatra died. i believe Sinatra covered Anka's ass for years.

I read that here about MJ saying that to Wanka.

And Safire's been recording since the early 80s with her freestyle stuff. So she's not a newbie per se, but she's VERY NICE & HUMBLE.

Here's her Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa-Fire

LMAO! are u serious? lol

at first, i believed u, but then i wanted to ask for a link.

but, you know..Anka established himself in those two links that i just heard a couple of posts ago. so, i bet ur right. Anka didn't believe that anyone had talent, except Anka. he still feels that way. those musicians in those links i listened to, were top caliber musicians, i'm sure. but, around Anka, they must have been bullied into thinking they did not have talent. i could only imagine how scared Safire must have been, a newbie wanting to make it in the industry, and she had no choice but to listen to Anka. even if she had more talent in her than he did in him, she would never allow herself to think that around an egomaniacal man like Anka. i can understand why people didn't want to work with Anka for the past fifteen or so years...he must have garnered a rep of being the ultimate bitch. and he didn't warrant his behaviour. there is a way to deal with people and respect is job 1. he should take a lesson from Michael. people have clamoured to work with MJ, his whole life..even when the media tried to sully his rep. there must be a reason for that.

you should be secure with your own talent and respect others as having THEIR own talent. obviously, Anka isn't like that. i think that Anka lost his security blanket when Sinatra died. i believe Sinatra covered Anka's ass for years.

Back