Official O2 Conference Thread!!!

No i wasnt there..wished i was
Im just watching the video of it now..again :lol:

Honestly, the only message I got today was that there's ten shows planned for London and that they'll be his last shows ever in London. What kind of weird message is that? If it's because they want to see how it goes, tell us that - just stop with all the stalling already!
That WAS the only message...

Why complain because that was the only message? I don't get it.

The man hasn't set foot on a stage to perform since 2001, and hasn't toured in over 10 years...even if that's all (which I personally suspect it's only the beginning)...so what?

It's more than enough...STOP COMPLAINING

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, told The Times that the ten London concerts would mark the first step of a three-year tour and the release of a new album. He said: “Surviving the press conference was the first step. We've a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280million) in total.”

He confirmed that the singer could earn “probably something pretty close to” £50 million for the London shows. Future tours are likely to involve trips to New York, Paris and Mumbai.

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, told The Times that the ten London concerts would mark the first step of a three-year tour and the release of a new album. He said: “Surviving the press conference was the first step. We've a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280million) in total.”

He confirmed that the singer could earn “probably something pretty close to” £50 million for the London shows. Future tours are likely to involve trips to New York, Paris and Mumbai.

Knew it! He'll be doing the same thing in other places! :D Before he retires from live performing. I expect the album will come out sometime in the middle.

I think this is his last run, and maybe the fact that him announcing the shows today was what set him of a bit. Must be emotional for him, that after all these years this may very well be his last run.

Wow....even if he´s going to do more shows.......this is the beginning of the end.
I am feeling mixed emotions.....I want to smile, but cry at the same time.

I was interviewed by dutch tv today, I felt awkward talking about this. It feels weird to comment on the inevitable fact that Michael is going to retire. Soon. :(

I never really thought about the fact that some day Michael would NOT be there. Weird.

It's basically a farewell plan for the rest of the world, which will take 3 years. Good enough for me.

I really really hope australia will be included

Remember that the message was that he's retiring from live performances after that, not music in general. I was sad initially,too, but, in reality it's not that bad!

is this a reliable source? the times .. isint that a tabloid? is this information that you can trust?

NOW THAT"S WHAZZUP! I can get down with that right therrr':clapping::wild:
Git' It Git' IT mike. YOUUUUUUUU KNOOOOW!:wild:

Seriously I just listened to 'Heaven Can Wait' and I didnt realise how good that song is. It would fit well in todays music scene.

Seriously I just listened to 'Heaven Can Wait' and I didnt realise how good that song is. It would fit well in todays music scene.

Omg i havent heard that song in ages!

You know what I love most? We all have something to talk about :D

athina, isint the times a tabloid? is the information something u can trust in ?

and just think 3 yrs is a lot of time for michael to be in the spotlight...and if after that if he wants to stop performing and just do music and film, cool..but 3 yrs is a lot of time to take it all in you guys. I think if WE (the fans) scream as loud as possible and overhelme michael with so much joy and love that maybe "this WON"T be it". lol

I'm just afraid to miss these july shows and something goes down and michael back out of his contact and there are NO other global stops and I'm screwed (but thats just me worrying to much). I MUST see this man LIVE and IN LIVING COLOR on stage if it kills me.

just came back from the O2 guys, second row!

michael was so amazing, everyone just went crazy. everyone was literally crying. this was one of the best days of my life, seeing him finally in front of me. can't wait for the summer shows!!

awww im so happy for you mjcy

Omg i love u guys so much

He is NOT retiring, I wish people would stop using that word, he never said that. All he said was these are his last performances in LONDON. He did not say EVER or he's done with music or the industry. Nothing of the sort. Retiring means completely done, so I wish they would use different words.

Back