Official O2 Conference Thread!!!

thank you BI for your words of wisdom. Now that I've calmed dow as well; Woo-hah! I got you all in check!

prob not the right thread to post this but mj is on 4music now till 9........just his videos

I don't know why people think it would be his last show in London. Why would you stop performing in one city?

I don't know why people think it would be his last show in London. Why would you stop performing in one city?

If this is going to be some kind of "farewell" tour then technically, the 10 dates in London will the last shows there. That will be IT.

I think he was referring to London as the venue the show will take place in. I know everyone doesn't want it to be the end, but I seriously doubt he meant just London.

Channel 4 news just said tickets will be going form £75.

its on the o2 arena website about prices......£75/65/50 plus booking fee

After watching the press conference several times (thanks, Arxter), I kept picking up Michael's facial expression and moments of not speaking at the beginning. I got a lump in my throat, honestly. Made me wonder if he also was struggling a little to maintain his composure. It did look like he could very well have been choked up in saying what he was saying, and had to stop and swallow a few times before continuing.

Maybe I was the only one to feel this way, but that's how it looked to me after viewing it several times, especially in the very first couple of minutes when he came onstage.

Not as bad as I thought. £75 the highest?

The man said these were his last UK performances. That doesn't mean is going to disappear off the face of the earth. He can still make albums, do a performance at an awards show, that's not a full concert or tour. There is endless things, like production that he will continue to do. Just not touring.

I just had to quote this again.

Boo ya, I can't be dealing with those Beyonce £100+ tickets.

After watching the press conference several times (thanks, Arxter), I kept picking up Michael's facial expression and moments of not speaking at the beginning. I got a lump in my throat, honestly. Made me wonder if he also was struggling a little to maintain his composure. It did look like he could very well have been choked up in saying what he was saying, and had to stop and swallow a few times before continuing.

Maybe I was the only one to feel this way, but that's how it looked to me after viewing it several times, especially in the very first couple of minutes when he came onstage.

No it's not just you. I also noticed that he seemed to get a bit choked up in the beginning. He seemed a little emotional which one of the reasons why I believe that this will in fact be his last tour or series of concerts.

I keep signing up , but not getting the pre-sale info with special password ???

Can anybody help me ?

No it's not just you. I also noticed that he seemed to get a bit choked up in the beginning. He seemed a little emotional which one of the reasons why I believe that this will in fact be his last tour or series of concerts.

If he was choked up and emotional about it being his final shows in London (or the beginning of a series of final shows elsewhere in the future), then that would explain some things. It would explain why his speech/statement was kinda iffy with stops and starts. Maybe in trying to contain his emotion it came across as something else? I noticed something, too but couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Not as bad as I thought. £75 the highest?

This really is incredible, you DO NOT get to see U2 for that? Neither will you see Bruce Springsteen...then again, that man performsn for 3 hours straight...but who knows how long the King will perform ;)

Either way...this once again SHOWS how ridicuous the media is witht their articles about how tickets were gonna cost 1000 euro each....LMAO!

Hell be back its like the cher farwell tour or tina turner do you think he can stop singing FOREVER doubt i Think hell be back eventually but I do think thistyhe end of say The beat it dance do we really want to see him do the beat it dance at 60 nah.

Would the £75 ticket put you at the standing/front of the stage?

By the way, the bottom would definitely be standing, right?

I have some questions .. will this be the last time Michael Jackson will ever do a concert? or is it the last time in London?

Will Michael Jackson still releasing albums ? will there be a new album or will he after thoose concerts quit his hole career or just concerts ?

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOkmqlnxoH8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOkmqlnxoH8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Fans have wondered about the new album, but let me just say something.
He didnt mention a new album, but why should he do so when this one press conference was about his live performances in the o2 arena?
We know that he has been making new music, he was asked just the other day: "Have you been making new music?" and he replied, "Yeah, constantly." ... several artists have been talking about working with him .. he never said: "Im not gonna be making any more music!" he has only said that this will be his last live performances. Furthermore, we have also got hold my hand as allegedly was supposed to be on Michaels "upcoming album" ... But also we should be so happy!
I mean... He could choose never to come back on stage, never making any more music ... but he chose to come back!

"There is still much more to come from Michael Jackson. My passion for music has never stopped.".. Lets hope he will stick to that!

Btw my comment was shown on CNN, dont know if any of you guys saw it:
Im am very convinced that Michael Jackson can do a great comeback. He has a strong fanbase, and people from all over the world, fans or not, are always exciting when it comes to Michael Jackson. He is, the biggest selling artist of all time, also one of the greatest live performers. So no doubt about it, he will and can make an amazing comeback!

- Julie, 16, from Denmark, Copenhagen

I have some questions .. will this be the last time Michael Jackson will ever do a concert? or is it the last time in London?
Thats what he said
Will Michael Jackson still releasing albums ? will there be a new album or will he after thoose concerts quit his hole career or just concerts ?
Nobody knows right now

thank you BI for your words of wisdom. Now that I've calmed dow as well; Woo-hah! I got you all in check!

Your more than welcome Till! *Hugs*
Glad to know I calmed you and a few others down a little!
if it helped any!

Don't get worked up you all! :better::clapping:

I can't believe anyone is "disappointed" with this press conference. It's hype. Building anticipation for what's to come...whatever Michael has planned for us, and I'm sure there's more.

Some are just never satisfied I guess.

I'm just happy at the thought of Michael Jackson performing again...at all.

That's enough for me. After June 13th, 2005...my only wish for Michael was to take care of himself. Forget the music, the career, and the fans...take care of yourself first, if you decide to never appear before the public as "Michael Jackson" the celebrity figure, so be it... and yet he's coming back with this tour and more than likely new music. It's beyond my wildest dreams concerning MJ. I'm so excited, and I hope I get the chance to see him perform live (one of my dreams).

Michael wore Dior Homme jeans. Guess that's what he was doing there last Friday.

This isn't the exact same model but same concept... waxed denim.

o2.jpg
diorhommejeans-1.jpg

If anyone wants a pair: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...ender=men&group=&season=actual&seasProdID=49I

As for the shirt/jacket, I'm guessing it's a Michael Bush.

lets not forge that mj is brilliant..he knows exactly what he is doing ;)

in my opinion he'll prob do the shows and release a new album soon after because the fans are gonna want more so.....new album, there ya go! lol

just my opinion...but we'll see

Nobody knows right now

WHY is it so hard to be a Michael Jackson fan? You never know ANYTHING for certain. Michael doesn't give interviews (anymore). So we just keep speculating and speculating. I'm somewhat fed up with the press conference after all and expected more from it. He doesn't really give us a lot of information, as usual. What about the new album? I know this was about the concerts, but still... I think I just give up hope for a new album, then when he proves the contrary, the delight will be much greater.

Back