Official O2 Conference Thread!!!

oh my god Michael you can't leave us :heart:

I wish that he could make a statement on our forums someway, telling us that he will never leave us though he might be leaving the music buisness.
It's just.. I feel like we, all the fans as one unit, and him, share a very deep bond with eachother somehow. We've been there so many years. And he have been there for us with he's music and fantastic personality.

I just HATE it when you really want to say something to him.. Because theres no way for "normal" people like us to get in touch with him (as with all other celebs ofc).
Ofc it's like that, but sometimes it's really annoying to be a fan :(

Last edited:
I checked on Priceline.. $2,500 dollars minimum for round-trip and two-night accommodations. Yikes! No way am I going. That's not counting money for a passport, food, etc.

Hopefully the concert is good with some nice surprises, maybe a bit more live singing and something different than the Dangerous/History tours.

I'm thinking these may be the final shows in London, but only the beginning of the rest of what's going to take place.

WHY is it so hard to be a Michael Jackson fan? You never know ANYTHING for certain. Michael doesn't give interviews (anymore). So we just keep speculating and speculating. I'm somewhat fed up with the press conference after all and expected more from it. He doesn't really give us a lot of information, as usual. What about the new album? I know this was about the concerts, but still... I think I just give up hope for a new album, then when he proves the contrary, the delight will be much greater.

I completely agree with you. There's been a lot of stalling going on for far too many years. Why does it have to be so hard? Other superstars don't seem to have a problem getting information to their supporters.

It was truly amazing to see Michael make a public appearance. However, I would have preferred for it to be a real press conference - you know, Michael sitting down with the AEG and O2 people and his manager and his publicist, actually getting some information to the press. There's a reason mainstream society sees thinks Michael is a circus, and it's because these appearances are always really badly arranged and, dare I say it, produced slightly unprofessionally.

Michael doesn't have to give interviews and he doesn't have to be in direct contact with the press. I totally get why he wouldn't want to. But he should have people by his side speaking on behalf of him then. And actually for once let us know what's going on. I love Michael and his mysteriousness as a private person, but when it comes to his career, it would be nice if he could be a little more straightforward.

Honestly, the only message I got today was that there's ten shows planned for London and that they'll be his last shows ever in London. What kind of weird message is that? If it's because they want to see how it goes, tell us that - just stop with all the stalling already!

I loved that he looked good, though. And seeing him was quite emotional.

I can't believe anyone is "disappointed" with this press conference. It's hype. Building anticipation for what's to come...whatever Michael has planned for us, and I'm sure there's more.

Some are just never satisfied I guess.

I'm just happy at the thought of Michael Jackson performing again...at all.

That's enough for me. After June 13th, 2005...my only wish for Michael was to take care of himself. Forget the music, the career, and the fans...take care of yourself first, if you decide to never appear before the public as "Michael Jackson" the celebrity figure, so be it... and yet he's coming back with this tour and more than likely new music. It's beyond my wildest dreams concerning MJ. I'm so excited, and I hope I get the chance to see him perform live (one of my dreams).

I agree with you pretty much. People need to relax.

He doesn't retire from music calm down all and don't be so judgemental. He is just tired of live shows and it's understandable. He doesn't want to die on stage. Enjoy it and be prepared for the music follow up!

You must be youngsters. This is how it has always been. Get used to it. I actually prefer it that way.

Why is it that all Michael Jackson fans can do is moan on a constant basis. Blah! Don't care anymore.

Go Mike!

i can understand how he said that hes done with london after this time because hes played london more than any other place in the world. maybe he thinks its time for him to play in the US and other countries like australia, canada etc

Well, I was there and it was amazing! I also got a sad feeling about the "last concerts in London". Now what does he mean by that? Nobody else knows...
But I really don't think he means retiring from the music in general, otherwise he would have stated so. I think it only means touring and performances like that. He had said that he HATES touring, didn't he? However, he LOVES music. We do know that.

Im just so happy that hes doing some shows
Altough i wont be able to go, but im very happy for all fans that are able too :D

You must be youngsters. This is how it has always been. Get used to it. I actually prefer it that way.

Why is it that all Michael Jackson fan can do is moan on a constant basis.

It was never like this 20 years ago, it was never like this with Dangerous or History. The communication during Blood on the Dance Floor was meticulous compared to this...

And the thing is, it could all be sorted with the right manager and the right publicist.

Well, I was there and it was amazing! I also got a sad feeling about the "last concerts in London". Now what does he mean by that? Nobody else knows...
But I really don't think he means retiring from the music in general, otherwise he would have stated so. I think it only means touring and performances like that. He had said that he HATES touring, didn't he? However, he LOVES music. We do know that.
Im so jealous!
But Í'm really wondering about the whole atmosphere in there. Is it really true, that fans got really upset because it took him so long to arrive, and that he was just in there for a couple of minutes of is that just tabloid crap ?

I completely agree with you. There's been a lot of stalling going on for far too many years. Why does it have to be so hard? Other superstars don't seem to have a problem getting information to their supporters.

It was truly amazing to see Michael make a public appearance. However, I would have preferred for it to be a real press conference - you know, Michael sitting down with the AEG and O2 people and his manager and his publicist, actually getting some information to the press. There's a reason mainstream society sees thinks Michael is a circus, and it's because these appearances are always really badly arranged and, dare I say it, produced slightly unprofessionally.

Michael doesn't have to give interviews and he doesn't have to be in direct contact with the press. I totally get why he wouldn't want to. But he should have people by his side speaking on behalf of him then. And actually for once let us know what's going on. I love Michael and his mysteriousness as a private person, but when it comes to his career, it would be nice if he could be a little more straightforward.

Honestly, the only message I got today was that there's ten shows planned for London and that they'll be his last shows ever in London. What kind of weird message is that? If it's because they want to see how it goes, tell us that - just stop with all the stalling already!

I loved that he looked good, though. And seeing him was quite emotional.

cant you just try to apreciate that he's going official about something now? Theres so many good things about the appearence, besides the actual statement!

He's finally showing that he's still looking inCREDIBLY hot :heart:, and he busts all those health rumors too. He's showing the world that he's so strong and still the same person - just older and with more life experience. He's making people wonder now - "did we all think the wrong in all those years?".

This is just SO good and positive in many ways, and we've got to stop thinking about ourselves. He's doing it he's way as always. If he doesent make an album - don't be mad.
He did not lie about the making of the album - he was in the studio and he do want to make it, but it CAN be that he desides not to. It's he's choise. And if he feels like releasing a new album would be a bad "end of story", then I think it's very professional to leave it be.

I think the wrist band allocation system they had going on today was a very good idea.
I got my band knowing i'd be in the front pit no matter what and just walked around the o2 for most of the day catching up with people and such.
Got in the pit and managed to be about 6 rows back if you can call it rows :lol: as usual there was a lot of pushing and shoving when Michael finally arrived LOL! In true Michael style he was an hour and a half late. Very quick conference but the atmosphere was buzzing all day :wild:. Well worth the long day. Michael looked fabulous :wub:

Edit: I still have my writst band on :rofl:

If mike happy with what hes doing
Im happy too :D

He doesn't retire from music calm down all and don't be so judgemental. He is just tired of live shows and it's understandable. He doesn't want to die on stage. Enjoy it and be prepared for the music follow up!

so will michael releasing albums in the future. this is just goobye to concert and live performances ?

Im so jealous!
But Í'm really wondering about the whole atmosphere in there. Is it really true, that fans got really upset because it took him so long to arrive, and that he was just in there for a couple of minutes of is that just tabloid crap ?
Well, it WAS very tiring indeed! I heard the fans around me complaining about the wait, one girl in particular felt really ill. I was standing on the outer circle almost behind the camera that recorded the event and I had a -relatively- good view. Because of that i didn't want to move from my spot and of course this resulted in backache and dehydration (they confiscated my water and coke LOL). But we are MJ fans and this is normal for us, right? LOL

The guy who is president of 'AEG live' who are organising the show said that they have a 3 year plan for Michael (a world theme), but as of this moment he has only agreed to these 10 shows in London. He said that he hasnt lost Neverland, and hes not broke and that the reason he wants to do these shows (told to him by MJ himself) is so he can show his kids who 'MICHAEL JACKSON' is and what hes about (the performer). This was on BBC News 24 in an interview with a journalist called Lizo. You maybe able to find this somehwere on www.bbc.co.uk

my favorite part is at 6:34. He does the sexiest laugh ever. I love when he does that deep ahhhahhahhhaa giggle.

I'm really starting to think that this is it just for london...and michael will hit up other places later. I also think now that this isn't it far as music goes. I guess we couldn't expect him to perform so much more longer. It's so hard to see those bad and dangerous concerts and not wish to be at something as so amazing as what those shows were. I feel like michael toured too much during his young days, that why he got tired of touring for his solo career along with the other crap put a damper in his solo tour career.

I'm starting not to be sad anymore. I respect and appreciate you michael, For all that you have done.

now as for you few big babies, whiners, in here, enough already. I don't understand why you keep coming back if michael does so much wrong. ugh!:bugeyed

then again.. .he said "... IN LONDON"
when fans started going "NOOOO....!"

omg he makes me melt so much with this :love:
He's doesent want to disapoint us :) I love him so much for being such a kind person *sigh*

I would suggest, instead of jumping to conclusions and twisting words and putting meaning to unknown things, to wait until we get a little more clarification on everything. I'm sure some things will be cleared up soon enough.

aww i love that hes showing his kids a part of his life that has made so many people very happy, his kids must feel so proud of him :D

I was not there. But I could feel the positive energy of all the fans. Attended the conference over the internet. I was very excited about the video that was shown and especially when Michael appeared. No matter what will come ahead. Only we have to respect whatever the decision of Michael. Let's live the moment. I am very happy today. As all fans worldwide. Michael really shone as a star today.
I love you forever Michael! :)

Does anyone know when Michael will be up in London? Will he go away tomorrow or the weekend?

Well, it WAS very tiring indeed! I heard the fans around me complaining about the wait, one girl in particular felt really ill. I was standing on the outer circle almost behind the camera that recorded the event and I had a -relatively- good view. Because of that i didn't want to move from my spot and of course this resulted in backache and dehydration (they confiscated my water and coke LOL). But we are MJ fans and this is normal for us, right? LOL

Yeah, I can actually understand that some peopel got pretty upset about it. But it is what we can expect of him, and I'm always late myself, so I actually dont have any right of speaking. :p

Haha, yeah we're indeed used to it! I skipped class to come home on time. I was so nervous I was going to miss out on anything. I really needed to pee, but was too afraid to use the bathroom as I might miss out on something. When it was 16.55 I was like ''What the heck, he's going to be late anyway, so I better go to the bathroom, make some homework and even make myself some food as well!'' :p

I'm so happy and excited!! but also.. I'm just SO confused. He hasn't really explained, or tell us more info. But IDK what he means by finals show in London. THERE A COUPLE ways you can interpret it! O_O I mean It could mean, his final shows ever of performing IN LONDON.. and then he would go to the next stop. :timer:

OR

His final shows EVER, which will take place IN LONDON. O_O :bugeyed

Sooo.... yea I don't know... I'm confused. :( But we'll see soon enough... I'm having mixed emotions right now, I'm happy because he is going to perform, in SUCH longtime, and one of the things we've been waiting for a LONG TIME. Whatever happens, I have to accept it though.. But I'm also sad, and a little mad (LOL), that this is his last series, or whatever the deal is... sigh. I wish I can go. If he is going to other places later... I sure hope I can go, I gotta see him at least one more time! :D

I also heard rumors about how he is in a 3-year contract..:hysterical: or something like that.. with AEG, and if all goes well, there will be more concerts. And some other separate thing about a 3-D movie based on Thriller. o_0 But whatever... just overall I'm mixed, and well it won't be long before we see what happens, and get more information about this. I'm sure there will be a few more appearances..

End of my rant.. LOL

sasha i understand how u feel, im having mixed feelings too
But overall im excited for mike..i still cant belive hes doing shows again

That ok ashtanga :D

Man im just shell shocked just by hearing his voice again lol

Back