Official O2 Conference Thread!!!

If thats the case then why are the tickets so cheap? Hasn't Michael heard of supply and demand?

I can't believe how others can be so blind. Don't you read between lines? Please buy a book about language of body, language of speech or sth before saying it's just a beginning. Michael clearly says it's an end. But please, release some new music, Michael! :'(
/* sad */

if so... why couldn't he have said that at the PC.

he's been working on an album for so long, I doubt that he will announce his retirement without ever releasing it, in which case it makes it unlikely that he wouldn't perform in the UK cos he will definently have to promote it

I have the feeling that MJ completely had it with showbiz and wants to enjoy life without touring and promoting.
I also have the feeling that people begged him to do this ans he finaly said Oh well then.

its in the thread about tickets......75 is the most expensive ticket

Okay I am hoping this post won't cause a fight or anything... yet here are my two cents...

I saw it, and yes I think Michael is not going to perform in London could be the last curtain call for London.. Maybe not other places, I agree there, it could be more albums, more videos, more singles etc but no more performing. If that wasn't the case, he would have said No more music period, no more albums, music etc. I think the panic is overdone.
For those who think he hasn't done enough try working for 45+ Years, going through a trial almost losing everything he owned (basically life), working with hundreds and possibly thousands (maybe) of performances.. He has earned his retirement (Which he did not say it was) The man is tired... We should be grateful for what we do have and stop complaining... Michael is actually willing to perform for us, his last shows for London. Sure we still have questions but I am sure those remaining ones will be answered by the Manager of Michael himself.
Lets not forget he has young children to take care of which he might be focusing on more than ever.. Not a crime to retire sure this is bitter sweet but we are left with great wonderful music, and that should be appreciated. LOL!
and Yes the statement was short sweet and to the point, but it wasn't a "Speech" it wasn't supposed to go on for hours on end, it was a statement, something brief.. He told us all we need to know now, I think we should wait, Yes I know impatience is tearing at our skins but we have no choice but to see what happens. :ph34r:
Plus I think these will be his last in London Only, thats my gut feeling. he didn't say WORLD WIDE.

So um why would you retire at o2 infront of 200k people...when you could play one show at knebworth? Sorry this is just a game. He can hardly keep a straight face saying it

Interesting wording in press release says MJ will "open with 10 nights" suggests possibility of more. Either way tickets will be hot

with me personally if he chose to retire I'd be ok with hat, it will just take time for me to get over not seeing him

Okay I am hoping this post won't cause a fight or anything... yet here are my two cents...

I saw it, and yes I think Michael is not going to perform in London could be the last curtain call for London.. Maybe not other places, I agree there, it could be more albums, more videos, more singles etc but no more performing. If that wasn't the case, he would have said No more music period, no more albums, music etc. I think the panic is overdone.
For those who think he hasn't done enough try working for 45+ Years, going through a trial almost losing everything he owned (basically life), working with hundreds and possibly thousands (maybe) of performances.. He has earned his retirement (Which he did not say it was) The man is tired... We should be grateful for what we do have and stop complaining... Michael is actually willing to perform for us, his last shows for London. Sure we still have questions but I am sure those remaining ones will be answered by the Manager of Michael himself.
Lets not forget he has young children to take care of which he might be focusing on more than ever.. Not a crime to retire sure this is bitter sweet but we are left with great wonderful music, and that should be appreciated. LOL!
and Yes the statement was short sweet and to the point, but it wasn't a "Speech" it wasn't supposed to go on for hours on end, it was a statement, something brief.. He told us all we need to know now, I think we should wait, Yes I know impatience is tearing at our skins but we have no choice but to see what happens. :ph34r:
Plus I think these will be his last in London Only, thats my gut feeling. he didn't say WORLD WIDE.

I tend to agree with you on all points, BI. I think he is focused on his kids. They are sweet, and very special. When one becomes a parent, one tends to put a lot of things on the wayside. However, I do believe that this is his London Only last performance. And he did not specifically rule out or state the word "ever". SO lets not jump to conclusions.

My thoughts on this whole thing is. Why would he call this happening 'this is it'? Why not 'the last curtain or something. You can interperate this both ways. To me it tells me that he himself is not even sure about this. I mean the expectations and all are so high, maybe he's afraid he will fail at a comeback. This is it is the most safe phrase he can use. If he's mature enough he knows himself well and know that he changes his mind too often. He's not promising anything at this moment.

From Twitter:

Just getting word from a source that Michael will formally announce his retirement through his PR shortly

Believe it when I see it...altho right now I don't think it would be too hard to fathom.

Having looked at the footage from the press conference again just now, I think I MAY have been a tad harsh in my earlier view of things. It wasn't that rough lol but there still seem to be something off. I didn't expect him to speak for long either, just a quick rundown of the dates and how he was happy to be in London and looking forward to doing the shows...something along that line? Maybe he misplaced his speech right before he went on and had to wing it. :lol: He just seemed unprepared to speak about something that will be a final curtain.

Very Very true i agree with this post.
My gut feeling is we will all get a new album as Michael has stated countless times since 2006 that his working on it.

This came suddenly. Like he and some other people sat down some days ago and said "let's retire!"

Ok then LOL

*shocked*

well it's not like he toured every year like Bruce Springsteen.

Some fans trying to get promoter to give them tix. 02 customers are getting priority what the hell is going on. Isn't anyone else stressing

I tend to agree with you on all points, BI. I think he is focused on his kids. They are sweet, and very special. When one becomes a parent, one tends to put a lot of things on the wayside. However, I do believe that this is his London Only last performance. And he did not specifically rule out or state the word "ever". SO lets not jump to conclusions.

Exactly! Lets not panic or jump to conclusion until otherwise stated that these are his last live performances World Wide....

then we can of course.. panic if we wish :lol: :bugeyed

Very Very true i agree with this post.
My gut feeling is we will all get a new album as Michael has stated countless times since 2006 that his working on it.

Thank you, and yes I agree.
and he didn't say I am retiring forever, he didn't say no new albums no videos, no appearances etc he says "These are my last Shows In London"

side note: Wanna get technical? I see this as a great Stragety because he specifically told London that these are his last 10 shows, everyone is going to be trying to get tickets and sell it out in a matter of minuets, I already seen the site crash (they are working on it) from it being overloaded.. Great Strategy if you ask me...

Some fans trying to get promoter to give them tix. 02 customers are getting priority what the hell is going on. Isn't anyone else stressing

The show is an O2 Show, As loyalty O2 customers have always got priotiy tickets, no difference now

The reason it is a bit shocking is because he recently has been saying that the "best is yet to come". So expectations were very high...

Thank you all. This is it. This is it! This is it! I just want to say that these will be my final show performances in London. This will be it. This is it. When I say "this is it," it really means this is it. I'll be performing the songs my fans want to hear. This is it. I mean, this is really it. This is the finally curtain call. I'll see you in July. I love you. I really do, you have to realize that, I love you so much. Really, from the bottom of my heart. This is it, see you in July!

I was so excited about this press conference. It was such a great disappointment. I expected something completely different. He looked good. I expected a smashing 'performance'. Instead I was like: "What???" This can't be true. Why say so little? Why not use this moment to really build some excitement? He could have easily done that. I'm sorry for all the people that waited hours for this.

And the focus on this being his last performance in London. Well, this is obviously to up the sales of tickets. He was completely not credible saying it. Especially the focus on this point made it all look so stupid.

Let's hope we hear some news about music soon...

Where can we find this press release?

It's on the O2 site. This is what it says:

"THIS IS IT" HISTORY IN THE MAKING AS THE KING OF POP MICHAEL JACKSON PERFORMS IN LONDON FOR THE LAST TIME 10 shows at The O2 arena in London starting 8 July

The King of Pop returns to reign over London this summer.
Michael Jackson has announced today that he is returning to the stage for a historic 10 shows at The O2 arena performing in London for the last time. The King of Pop performs his greatest hits for the event of the summer, the concerts of 2009 and the decade's hottest gigs. This really is 'It'!
One of the most eagerly awaited returns to the stage of all time, Michael Jackson has not played a series of concerts since he last toured 12 years ago. These dramatic shows promise an explosive return with a band of the highest calibre, state-of-the-art stage show and incredible surprise support acts. "I am coming to London to play the songs my fans want to hear." - Michael Jackson
Opening with 10 nights at The O2 arena on July 8th. Ticket price £75 / £65 / £50 + booking fees.
"We are delighted to facilitate the return of The King of Pop, long may he reign! Michael at The 02 this summer will surely be the highlight of the musical year. When Michael Jackson performs, the eyes of the World will be watching. Look out for an International flavour to the audience, as this will be his only concerts in the WORLD this year!" - Rob Hallett, President International Touring, AEG Live.
Starting today visit www.MichaelJacksonLive.com or text 'MJ' to 81707 for your chance to join the presale. Text costs 10p to 12p dependent on network. UK only.
Tickets go on sale to the public at 7am Friday, 13 March.
An exclusive new Michael Jackson video showcasing his electric performances over the years will make a record breaking debut on Sunday, 8 March at 9.30pm on ITV. Michael Jackson will be the only artist ever to take over an entire ad break.
One of the world's most popular entertainers Michael Jackson has sold over 750 million units worldwide and is one of very few artists to be inducted twice into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Guinness Book of World Records has recognised Michael Jackson as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time and Thriller as The Biggest Selling Album of All Time. Jackson won 13 Grammy Awards and received the American Music Award's Artist of the Century Award.

The reason it is a bit shocking is because he recently has been saying that the "best is yet to come". So expectations were very high...

Sure thats true, but tat doesn't mean that the statement itself isn't true, things are yet to come, weather they are the best is up to each one of you individually, so the expectations can be still high for the performances and and what is to come. But this isn't the end.. maybe the end of performances for London but not the end as a career as a whole.

my two cents...

it could be more albums, more videos, more singles etc but no more performing. If that wasn't the case, he would have said No more music period, no more albums, music etc. ...

That's what I said pretty much. lol. Everyone needs to try and relax hard I know but...yeah.

Back