Official O2 Conference Thread!!!

"I am coming to London to play the songs my fans want to hear"

We wanna hear NEW music Michael!!!!

I dont get why everyone is complaining.
Yes, wel all waited for a very long time, but it was already said it was just a statement.
I didnt expected to be the statement to be half an hour long, what else should he be doing on that stage besides saying that he's going to tour, I mean he already repeated for about 5 times ''this is it'', he could be going on for one hour more but that would just make him look like a complete idiot. It's not the actual concert yet, so dont expect him do to some dance or let him have this whole speech about how much he appreciate us.

I think we all could have expected this and besides, it was our own choice to wait for so long to see the PC.

True. Some of us may have had a lil more higher expectations from this than we thought...

The only question I have left now is "are we gonna get a new album this year?" Or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, at all really? I mean I still believe there'd be an album, but maybe it's still a bit too early to say so.

Who showed him that walk .. :p
He is chilling to much with hiphop peepz

Mixed emotions.
Obviously so so excited about seeing him live but knowing its ending is really sad, although I am not surprised..

I am also hoping that he will release a new album before or after the shows, he doesn't have to tour the album, but I am desperate for just one more album from Mike.

This was the wrost speech I have never seen.

You can retire MJ, but do it with some respect. This is disguisting.

Michael has matured more and he's a bit more serious, that's the only difference I see with him.

I like seeing him matured but he's adorable just without being so waggering, but then.. we are expecting him to be this and that. I can imagine Michael being insecure about all that. Insecure people tend to show off you know.

I'd agree with that, showed a little more of the "real" guy. No more shy act please, although he showed some of that as usual.

I wish he would have said, "Look you guys and been with me through thick and thin and the best way I can repay you is with this tour. Bigger and better than ever and my new album, trust me its the best work I've done and I can't wait for you to hear it its coming out in June"

Now thats what we all wanted to hear.

Yeah I agree with you. Just a little more speach please. And explanation.

I wouldnt read too much into what he never said guys, I dont think this is a retirement from music, more like a retirement from live performing.

I agree I think the whole thing lacked content. Happy to see him looking well and confident. Dance moves were a bit Tom Cruise for me, made him look like a cheesey impersonator. In the end the appearance leaves more questions than answers.

No music news and that's a shame with the worlds eyes on you.

That "Press Conference" was short but it was great to see and hear MJJ. I sure hope UK fans that are going will keep us all updated. It seemed he got a bit choked up from all the fanlove.
family.gif

((((((((BIG WARM HUGS))))))))

Lol...I saw that too...when he got off the bus...He's got Game!!!:cheeky::D

When he got off the bus he DID look like he was ready and excited. But when he started speaking there was nothing in his tone that suggested excitement...to my ears. It was more like "Frick it. This is it. I'm done. I'm tired. I'm sick of this ish. I'll do it for you but I'm not exactly looking forward to it. See you in July but this is it." :( And then he did the poses.

His speech at the WMAs in 2006 was so heartfelt and he seemed really moved to be there. In comparison to this appearance, it was extremely "different". I can't explain it, but something felt "off". My opinion. :)

I hope everything goes well and these concerts are a success for him.

Calm down people.

Look, Michael knows what he is doing.

Is main aim was obviously to let people know its really happening.

Just be happy.

Just a feeling he's not that interested in this whole thing any more. The media, live performances, crowds etc. He wants to do other things now. He did this PC because it's probably in the contract. A short speech and nothing more. But please release new music. And as he said. This is it. No more.

Im not sure if he meant last performances in London, or last performances. Full stop..... :\

When he says I will be performing the songs my fans want me to perform. That really leads me to believe we will be voting on michaeljacksonlive.com. Like the King Of Pop album!

maybe he said that to make sure people would hurry to go and see him?
I can sense MJ is despair of human nature. Can't you all sense that?
He's like "ok, i'll do it for the fans who have been waiting and yearning for my comeback. I dont want to do it and I'm tired really tired of it ALL but I love my fans and I dont want to disppoint them so I'm doing this."

9pm on ITV, MJ will take over entire ad break to promote performances

Press release will be out soon re: tickets.

I think that this is it- now we are gonna get a new album and that they will be his last performances before he he releases something new, these concerts will help remind people how awesome he is setting us up for the new stuff

Yeah i definitely get the feeling he's not doing this cos he wants to! Poor Michael :( I feel for him, but i'm pleased he's doing it too as is natural!

EDIT: I KNEW he'd wear black!!! :) He's looking good!

I think that he really is enjoying his time with his kids. They are only going to be this young once...and he wants to spend as much down time as possible with them. I think he does enjoy this - I could tell from his little laugh....but who knows? Maybe a tour? Maybe that is still possible? Boston perhaps? (hint hint)

Wow he looked amazing, beautiful. But no new album news but hey at least we will get to see him

now i want tix please

I'm glad I'm not the only one with mixed emotions...
I mean I also didn't expect him to speak for 20 minutes, but this was really weird!

He didn't look to me like he enjoys this whole thing either. It looked more like a "forced appearance" than anything else to me. He made me feel that he doesn't want to do the shows at all and repeatedly said "That's it!". I know that's the motto of the whole thing, but come on...!

Really weird emotions going on! Nothing like the HIStory Tour or anything.... :(

But don't get me wrong guys...I'm SO looking forward to seeing him on stage again! But I would feel better knowing he actually looks forward to it as well!

Back