Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

"Michael" is certified platnium in Canada also and number ones should be ceritfied 4x platnium in america b/c it sold approximatly 4.5 million there

I agree. I ALSO felt Michael MANIA in the air. You could tell it by the reaction to Michael's 50 SOLD-OUT concerts for TII. EVERYONE was talking about those concerts in the USA-media, radio DJ's, every gossip site, etc. Kids were talking about Michael as if they had just discovered him. I agree that Michael felt it also.

I felt it too. I just felt like he was coming back and showing everyone he still had it. I never thought he lost anything but just a lot of time because of circumstances.

I have to admit and this will sound selfish I know. We should be grateful to have what Michael left us. It would be nice to see a song go to #1 or album one more time. I know Michael went #1 in some countries but I hope I am making sense here what I mean.

Sweden official chart

'Michael' #21

'Hold My Hand' #16 and been certified gold...

'Michael' dropped from #26 to #42 in Japan, from #50 to #64 in the US and from #57 to #95 in the UK. Oh where oh where is the fcuking promo? This project has been a complete disgrace so far in terms of how it has been handled.

Last edited:
14:55 | Thursday February 3, 2011

Sony Music experienced a fall in turnover and operating income in three months to December 31, with the company blaming the result on the contracting physical music market.

Sales at the company decreased 14.5% year-on-year to $1.73bn (£1.077bn).

Sony said this was primarily due to the continued contraction of the physical music market, which was only partially offset by higher digital sales.

Operating income fell by $44m (£27.2m) to $241m (£149m), a decrease which reflects lower sales, although this was partially offset by a year-on-year fall in marketing costs.

Best selling albums at Sony Music over the period included Susan Boyle’s The Gift, Michael Jackson’s Michael, Kings of Leon’s Come Around Sundown, Bruce Springsteen’s The Promise and two albums from the cast of Glee.

Overall, net profit at Sony Corp fell 8.6% year-on-year in what was its third fiscal quarter.

HMH drops from #48 to #91 after 8 weeks in the UK singles chart

The album has been out almost 2 months now, and guess what....I still haven't seen it in my local Walmart store.

What a f*cking joke this whole thing has been

regarding Bolded part:
So they ONLY made $241 mil because they decreased marketing expenses? BooHoohoo. Rich people make me wanna puke.:puke:

donalb;3229606 said:
14:55 | Thursday February 3, 2011

Sony Music experienced a fall in turnover and operating income in three months to December 31, with the company blaming the result on the contracting physical music market.

Sales at the company decreased 14.5% year-on-year to $1.73bn (£1.077bn).

Sony said this was primarily due to the continued contraction of the physical music market, which was only partially offset by higher digital sales.

Operating income fell by $44m (£27.2m) to $241m (£149m), a decrease which reflects lower sales, although this was partially offset by a year-on-year fall in marketing costs.
Best selling albums at Sony Music over the period included Susan Boyle’s The Gift, Michael Jackson’s Michael, Kings of Leon’s Come Around Sundown, Bruce Springsteen’s The Promise and two albums from the cast of Glee.

Overall, net profit at Sony Corp fell 8.6% year-on-year in what was its third fiscal quarter.

Rich people make me wanna puke.:puke:

Wierd statement.

MJ was very rich - did he make you wanna puke?

Rich people make the world go around, they pay soo much tax, spends many money etc. etc.

Now greedy people - that's another thing.

^^ You're right I should've been more specific. I mean greedy rich people make me sick. These rich corporates have so many tax loophooles and shelters, you and I pay more than them.

Ok back on topic...

It's good but could be even better. Sony didn't recertify all Mj's albums, so the position is not accurate IMO as some other albums need recertifying.
I think if the others were certified MJ would be maybe No.8.
HOWEVER I guess some the other artists in the top10 are also under certified so if all the figures were bang up-to-date who knows where MJ would be. For now though No.10 is ok. With MJ's releases over the next few years and with some good promotion we should see him climb to No.7 easily.

Yes...I think that the numbers are never exact on any of the charts across the globe. They just can't get it 'right',but atleast we do know Michael is in the top ten in the Millions - and he is somewhere between #7 - #10. which makes me Happy.

:wub:
souldreamer7

SONY doesn't promote the album right...in my country they brought the album in dec and in 1 week it was all gone:) but Sony didn't send anther batch and that's sound stupid to me!

Despite dropping 1 place on the UK Top 100 Album Charts this week (down to #68), 'Number Ones' (in it's 98th week in the charts) experienced an increase in sales over the previous week.

Source: Music Week (12.02.2011 edition)

"Michael" is certified platnium in Canada also and number ones should be ceritfied 4x platnium in america b/c it sold approximatly 4.5 million there

There is no way it sold over 4.5 million in one region alone.. Unless i'm missing something here.

Wait no! There's no way it could have sold 4.5 million worldwide.. It makes no sense..

There is no way it sold over 4.5 million in one region alone.. Unless i'm missing something here.

Wait no! There's no way it could have sold 4.5 million worldwide.. It makes no sense..

He said NUMBER Ones...Not Michael, Sold 4.5mill!:)

"Michael" is certified platinum in Canada also and number ones should be certified 4x platinum in America b/c it sold approximately 4.5 million there

L.o.v.e.
T.

Michael sold 39,000 worldwide in its 8th week of release.

Total now stands at 1,722,000

Billboard 200
#56 (64) Michael
#113 (137) Number Ones
#146 (RE) Thriller

Top Catalog Albums
#9 (9) Number Ones
#18 (46) Thriller

Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
#14 (14) Michael

Top Music DVDs
#5 (5) Vision
#8 (10) Live In Bucharest
#13 (14) Number Ones
#23 (30) Video GH: HIStory

Social 50
#9 (10) Michael Jackson

So after 2 months almost 2 million? That sounds good with hardly any promotion. Compared to others? It looks good in the R&B chart.

It amazes me to see how Thriller just keeps going and going after almost 30 years. Even the dvds and all. What does social 50 mean?

So after 2 months almost 2 million? That sounds good with hardly any promotion. Compared to others? It looks good in the R&B chart.

It amazes me to see how Thriller just keeps going and going after almost 30 years. Even the dvds and all. What does social 50 mean?

It amazes me that the album "Michael" is still doing as well as it is despite no promotion, fan boycott, etc. It just goes to show that Michael sells just as well or better than most artists, even with their tours, interviews and wall-to-wall SELF-promotion.

It amazes me that the album "Michael" is still doing as well as it is despite no promotion, fan boycott, etc. It just goes to show that Michael sells just as well or better than most artists, even with their tours, interviews and wall-to-wall SELF-promotion.

Exactly.

And the estate & Sony are in a weird place with the trial starting in about a month...It's hard & icky promoting a CD when there is a trial for the artist's killing.

Same with MJ the Experience...it's coming out April 15th...right in the middle of trial.

Tough balancing act: Justice for MJ & promoting his legacy

Exactly.

And the estate & Sony are in a weird place with the trial starting in about a month...It's hard & icky promoting a CD when there is a trial for the artist's killing.

Same with MJ the Experience...it's coming out April 15th...right in the middle of trial.

Tough balancing act: Justice for MJ & promoting his legacy

I think they're counting on all that free publicity. Good or bad it doesn't matter to them. In showbiz, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Personally I don't believe that, I think only good publicity brings you better sales. :2cents:

And I think Thriller went back up just because of the Glee number after the Superbowl.

Last edited:
Back