Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

:lol: :lol:

I bet it does!!! :p

I was on youtube last night and I came cross one of his videos I haven't seen before it was him singing "This Is The Moment" at some charity in Adelaide and I was like aww look at him he's matured SO much as an artist, he even had his spikes.

Maybe he's finally listened to us and allowed them to come back :lol::lol:

Have to disagree with you there sorry. Especally after seeing her on Hey Hey the other night, that was awful.

But I mean, years ago the ARIA's recognised actual talent, songwriting, production, musicianship - now it's all commercial dribble.

I just don't see how some one like Jess can get nominated, when there are quality acts (like Karnivool/Little birdy - sorry, have to plug the Perth acts) who get forgotten.

I mean, they throw acts like Little Birdy in "adult contemporary" :wtf2

Your so right...not that I know about the subject. But there are so many 'conmtemporary' artists that get pushed aside.

But how does the ARIAs work? As in done by votes or sales, that kinda thing?

I was on youtube last night and I came cross one of his videos I haven't seen before it was him singing "This Is The Moment" at some charity in Adelaide and I was like aww look at him he's matured SO much as an artist, he even had his spikes.

Maybe he's finally listened to us and allowed them to come back :lol::lol:

Hahah i think he did!!!

Coz everyone was like" awww we want the spikes bck!!!! we want the spikes bck!!!" :lol:

"industry experts" :lol:

some is to do with sales, other to do with opinion, some to do with public opinion. It's all a bit mixed

"industry experts" :lol:

some is to do with sales, other to do with opinion, some to do with public opinion. It's all a bit mixed

That is true nay

Hahah i think he did!!!

Coz everyone was like" awww we want the spikes bck!!!! we want the spikes bck!!!" :lol:

About time he listened to us, now all he has to do is get his fingers out of he's backside and produce a 3rd album :lol:

:waving: Hey Nay & Luci, how are you this fine morning/afternoon?

I like some aussie music

But i have 2 admit i've been more into U.S artists more ( cuz of mj of course! :p )

I just think there are so many great Aussie acts out there - indie ones too - but get unrecognised when it comes to these types of things, because it's all so commercial these days

About time he listened to us, now all he has to do is get his fingers out of he's backside and produce a 3rd album

I know!!!!

BUt the thing is i havent posted on acof since mj died...so i dont think my anth input means much anymore lol

:waving: Hey Nay & Luci, how are you this fine morning/afternoon?

I just think there are so many great Aussie acts out there - indie ones too - but get unrecognised when it comes to these types of things, because it's all so commercial these days

Good thank you :) Just writing up a thrilling essay! woo!
How are you?

I agree BUT when a indie band does make it they are then labelled as a commercial band by many of the original fans. I know this isnt true in all cases but most of my friends are like that & it really irritates me!
Just because someone has finally 'made it' doesnt mean they are commercial! Bah!

Sorry that probably doesnt make alot of sense :p

Good thank you :) Just writing up a thrilling essay! woo!
How are you?

I agree BUT when a indie band does make it they are then labelled as a commercial band by many of the original fans. I know this isnt true in all cases but most of my friends are like that & it really irritates me!
Just because someone has finally 'made it' doesnt mean they are commercial! Bah!

Sorry that probably doesnt make alot of sense :p

I get what you are saying.

It's a bit like when Powderfinger finally got recognised by ARIA, even though they'd released two albums previously (their second which was easily their best) then all of a sudden were "commercial". Same with Silverchair. Same with Grinspoon. Even The Living End. I just think it's funny that these band's best albums are the ones that went unrecognised, before they were "discovered" by the public. And starting winning awards for less outstanding material.

Maybe next album Karnivool produce will get them "discovered" too :lol:

It is unfiar that indie music isnt being reconized like commerical music is.

Okies, time for me to go to work. Unless someone else wants to go for me :p

Have a nice day guys - see you later :)

Bye nay!

Take care :waving:

Back