Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

Yes, it was COLD!!!!!!!!!! I had a mini skirt on, and it was night time when the wind came in, so yes I was FREEZING!!!!

I did have a good day, thanks :) Saw Children Collide who were great, Sarah Blasko sounded beautiful, Datarock were much fun and Yeah Yeah Yeah's were pretty cool too :)

Managed to score a VIP ticket, so that was nice, A lil chillout section away from the crowds!! And a yummy dinner, free drinks - woot! hehe

Misty!!! What's this about Michael's jacket and glove in Feb??? In Sydney??

Yes, it was COLD!!!!!!!!!! I had a mini skirt on, and it was night time when the wind came in, so yes I was FREEZING!!!!

I did have a good day, thanks :) Saw Children Collide who were great, Sarah Blasko sounded beautiful, Datarock were much fun and Yeah Yeah Yeah's were pretty cool too :)

Managed to score a VIP ticket, so that was nice, A lil chillout section away from the crowds!! And a yummy dinner, free drinks - woot! hehe

Ahahahahaha and the reaction is why I say it :rofl: :lmao:

Yeah in February the Powerhouse Museum is getting the jacket he wore when he did Billie Jean at the Motown 25th. It also says they will have one of his rhinestone gloves, but not sure when he wore it, though they did say he wore it. I sent an email inquiry to find out more and to find out how long it will be there :D

I know and we are SO doing an MJJC lunch or day or whatever... don't forget! :p It would be cool if all of us went to the powerhouse together and then walked down for Harry's pies or something? Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

I haven't forgotten :) Hehe

I should be there from the 10th - 17th. Yes, we should all go to the museum too, and then do lunch! How fun! I'll let Seb know :)

Wow 43 I'm impressed!! Glad it's not that hot here!

I'm emailing an inquiry about the glove/jacket to the museum to see if they can tell me how long it will be there.

God i wish it wasnt hot here lol

Ok cool
:)

Wow, sounds like u had a great day! :) , Vip ticket, yummp dinner & FREE drinks.....way cool! :wild:

Ooh glove and jacket in syndey? awesome! I'm going to be in Sydney in feb too!

zomg it's hot. *faints*

When you there Kel? I should be there from the 10th - 17th. Me, Seb & Misty are catching up. Maybe Dan too. You should come :)

I'm going to a concert there on the 14th and will probably be there for around a week so that could work! :) I'd love to meet you guys!

Have any of you ordered the Opus book?????
Anyone received theirs yet???? It is early January 12th as I'm writing this.

Any delivery updates????
Dawn

Yeah ZOMG it's hot is right!!! :heat:

I was on for a while last night....... then totally flaked out :p

I agree! You should come too! I think it would be a good time :D

Didn't order the opus book... wishing I had though since the price jumped so much now :(

Okay so I got an email back from the Powerhouse Museum today. The curator that wrote me back was all excited because I knew my stuff and said I was a member on a large MJ community board and a few of us might come by to see the glove/jacket in Feb., etc.

Here's part of what he wrote:

"Yes, the jacket we will have on display is the one MJ wore on the Motown 25 special when he first did the moonwalk. The glove is from the same year, though it is not clear if it is the one he wore when he first did the moonwalk. More information will be available to us when the objects arrive from the US later this month. They will be on display until November 2010."

I'm gonna email him back at the end of the month and see if he has any more info about the glove. I told him that if we knew when he wore the glove, we may be able to find pics of him wearing it. He was all excited about that idea :p

Anyhow, I think we definately should go see it in Feb. Would be a fab day out! :D

^^ Yes Yes Yes Yes!! I want to see :)

Might be moving to Sydney soon :) Been applying for jobs and looking for places to stay. I've decided I just have to DO IT!! Sadly, I am still paying a mortgage back home, but I guess I will just have to live off nothing for a while haha

Never thought I'd be so excited to see a jacket and glove in my life! Wow :)

Okay first off....... OMG I know I'm so excited to see the jacket too! :woohoo:

Secondly... you are moving to Sydney??!! :woohoo: How exciting!! Oh yeah if you live near the city itself you should be able to find something reasonably quick. Just don't move out to the burbs... it's very hard to find work out here :(

Tell me about it... I'm so excited about it already :p

I know - jacket and glove! Usually I wouldn't get excited about items about clothing but, you know, this isn't just any item of clothing!

Yeh, well that's the plan. I've gone from considering moving east....to considering moving overseas....back to over east....back to overseas...now I am just thinking - move to Sydney already!! haha. I've always wanted to move to Sydney, and I think I just need to do it. Currently looking at options just north of the city. Will see how I go!

:)

Yep I know exactly :wub: It's just not ANY jacket... it's THE jacket... :woohoo:

Overseas is so expensive to do, I think you are making a good choice going to Sydney. Good luck! :D Keep me posted on what happens. Are you still coming for the visit in Feb??

Gonna go eat but I'll be back.... it's like 37C in this house right now (did i mention my friends don't use A/C? probably a million times lol) and I'm sweating just sitting here.... having a beer or three with the dinner :p

Yes, it's THE jacket :p Wow...I wonder if they'll let me touch THE jacket!!

Yep, still coming over for the trip. I am going to look at jobs possibilities and flatmate possibilities while I'm over. Still planning on the same dates, if all goes according to plan.

Oh, I texted Seb earlier too, he's all for the exhibition etc. And you know that if he had have said no, I would have dragged him kicking and screaming anyway :lol: Can't wait to catch up with you guys! Fun Fun!

37! wow that's hot!! Good luck with that haha. And enjoy dinner :) And your three + beers :lol:

Okay so I got an email back from the Powerhouse Museum today. The curator that wrote me back was all excited because I knew my stuff and said I was a member on a large MJ community board and a few of us might come by to see the glove/jacket in Feb., etc.

Here's part of what he wrote:

"Yes, the jacket we will have on display is the one MJ wore on the Motown 25 special when he first did the moonwalk. The glove is from the same year, though it is not clear if it is the one he wore when he first did the moonwalk. More information will be available to us when the objects arrive from the US later this month. They will be on display until November 2010."

I'm gonna email him back at the end of the month and see if he has any more info about the glove. I told him that if we knew when he wore the glove, we may be able to find pics of him wearing it. He was all excited about that idea :p

Anyhow, I think we definately should go see it in Feb. Would be a fab day out! :D

OMG!!!! AWESOME!!! :wild:

Till november cool! :) even though its on pretty much all yr, i wont be able 2 go :(. Wish they ould put them in some sort of muesum thing here

Naytobes;2530346Never thought I'd be so excited to see a jacket and glove in my life! Wow :)[/QUOTE said:
Its a life of an mj fan.....isnt it grand! :wild:

DSCF1144.jpg

Ya get to see this too :woohoo:

If there was only a way to walk out with it lol :shifty:
(kidding...)
well, sorta :p

Back