Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: !

Lol my family wouldnt need 2 wake me up at 7, im already up at that time now! it sucks i try 2 sleep in but i cant seem 2 anymore :(.

I was surprised when I woke up today and it was like passed 11am I was like :eek: WTF :lmao: must of needed the sleep :lol:

:no: worries hunni, we are mates so I'm always going to be here for you... luff you :huggy:

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

hey nay! how r ya? :waving:

And welcome steve to the thread! :waving:
I lke ur username btw, very unique hehe

:eek: at 11!! man i wish i could sleep in that late lol... im so jeaouls

I didn't realize the time, I went to the toilet and I was going to go back to bed as my parents were up but lying in bed so I thought it was still early, I went to say good morning to them and that's when I saw on dad's digital clock the time was after 11.

I thought I read it wrong or it was the wrong time :lol: so I asked mum and she's like :yes: it's the right time and I was like HOLY COW! so I got up and cleaned up my room and fed the animals and now I'm on here and farm town :D.

I now know why my cat was meowing at me when she woke me up it was to say "get your arse out of bed and feed me I'm starving" :lmao:

I didn't realize the time, I went to the toilet and I was going to go back to bed as my parents were up but lying in bed so I thought it was still early, I went to say good morning to them and that's when I saw on dad's digital clock the time was after 11.

I thought I read it wrong or it was the wrong time :lol: so I asked mum and she's like :yes: it's the right time and I was like HOLY COW! so I got up and cleaned up my room and fed the animals and now I'm on here and farm town :D.

I now know why my cat was meowing at me when she woke me up it was to say "get your arse out of bed and feed me I'm starving" :lmao:

When im here at dads i use my clock on my mobile to see what the time is. I dont have one of those alarm clock things like i do at my room at mums.

When im here at dads i use my clock on my mobile to see what the time is. I dont have one of those alarm clock things like i do at my room at mums.

I have a playboy clock that has an alarm but I never use the alarm on it :lol:

Gah! I'm going to come and live with you for awhile, I'm caught in this huge argument between my niece and her partner, I feel like a guinea pig :lol:

So you better make some room for me :lmao:

Nay: Do you have work today?

Well....in Australia, we have Boxing Day as an excuse to drink more than we did on Christmas Day :p Seriously haha, and it's another a) public holiday and b) good excuse to spend way too much money on huge HUGE sales :p

But I think you find a lot of Aussies drink with friends and have another day to be Merry!

BTW I'm sure there is a proper meaning to it, but that's all I get out of it haha.

LOL well you know having another day to drink sure SOUNDS Aussie! Heck I'm still trying to recover from yesturday... I'm having massive digestive issues :bugeyed was just waaaaaaaaaay too much booze :mello:

Misty: how are you sweetie, did you enjoy your b'day?

Doing okay, feeling a bit ill but otherwise good. Bday was great, so was Xmas :D

Nah, day off today...then should have about 10000000000 wine tasters to serve at work tomorrow :(

Hahahaha well.......... at least the time will go quickly?? :rofl:

LOL well you know having another day to drink sure SOUNDS Aussie! Heck I'm still trying to recover from yesturday... I'm having massive digestive issues :bugeyed was just waaaaaaaaaay too much booze :mello:

Hahahaha well.......... at least the time will go quickly?? :rofl:

Having "another" drink is always Australian, doesn't matter what day of the year haha

Yeh, not looking forward to tomorrow, going to be chaos! And I'm not in the mood for dumb questions, like "Oh, a Cabernet Merlot...is that a Merlot with Cabernet added to it?" What do you think - duh! Haha...I'm not a wine snob, I swear :p

Having "another" drink is always Australian, doesn't matter what day of the year haha

Yeh, not looking forward to tomorrow, going to be chaos! And I'm not in the mood for dumb questions, like "Oh, a Cabernet Merlot...is that a Merlot with Cabernet added to it?" What do you think - duh! Haha...I'm not a wine snob, I swear :p

LOL yeah I think that's about accurate!!!! My poor liver is going to need a vacation after I leave here!! :puke:

LMFAO tell them how you really feel!!! :rofl: Well, okay maybe don't do that :mello: or if you do just get it on video for us to enjoy haha :p

How long does it go for?

LOL yeah I think that's about accurate!!!! My poor liver is going to need a vacation after I leave here!! :puke:

LMFAO tell them how you really feel!!! :rofl: Well, okay maybe don't do that :mello: or if you do just get it on video for us to enjoy haha :p

How long does it go for?

I'm drinking whiskey at the moment, prob should behave myself :p

It's an 8 hour shift....and it's 8 hours of dumb questions haha. Sorry, I sound like a bitch :p It's just one of the most frustrating industries to work in. Oh, another question I like "Why is it called a Shiraz?" "Um...why is orange juice called orange juice!" :p Seriously...

95% of the time people ask questions and don't bother to listen to the answer! Very annoying.

But it's not all bad. I can drink on the job when it all gets too much :lol:

I can drink on the job when it all gets too much :lol:

^ This will solve ALL of your problems.... then you'll just start laughing at them instead :rofl: You need to learn a really rare second language, that way you can also rip on them without them realizing it haha :ph34r:

You totally have to describe what your day was like afterwards. Take notes on stupid questions you get asked...... then we can all have a chuckle or three :p

^ This will solve ALL of your problems.... then you'll just start laughing at them instead :rofl: You need to learn a really rare second language, that way you can also rip on them without them realizing it haha :ph34r:

You totally have to describe what your day was like afterwards. Take notes on stupid questions you get asked...... then we can all have a chuckle or three :p

Haha, I will do that. I will write down the dumbest question of the day and let you know :lol:

I thought of another one, when a customer looks at a list of "Dry Reds" and asks..."which one is the sweetest?" and you say "They are all dry reds" "Yeh, but which one is sweeter" "Um..they are all D-R-Y reds" "So they aren't sweet?" "No, they are DRY" :lol:

Seriously, I am a lovely person at cellar door...I just bitch about them all later :p

I should point out that we do get some lovely people come in :p

:waving: Good Morning Aussies

I feel a little seedy today :( What's worse is I have to be around alcohol all day today - urrrgh! Thankfully wine doesn't smell to off putting when you are a little hung over :p

What's everyone up today? Anyone want to work for me today? Come on Misty...I know you would, wine on tap :p

Hope you all have a lovely day :)

:waving: Good Morning Aussies

I feel a little seedy today :( What's worse is I have to be around alcohol all day today - urrrgh! Thankfully wine doesn't smell to off putting when you are a little hung over :p

What's everyone up today? Anyone want to work for me today? Come on Misty...I know you would, wine on tap :p

Hope you all have a lovely day :)

Well you know me too well cuz I would in a heartbeat!!! With wine on tap...I'll work!!!! :woohoo:

Yuck... have you done the thick bread/greasy breakfast, with strong coffee, a glass of water and two panadol? lol That's usually the start to my hangover recovery :rofl:

Hope ya feel less seedy sooner rather than later! :mello:

Well you know me too well cuz I would in a heartbeat!!! With wine on tap...I'll work!!!! :woohoo:

Yuck... have you done the thick bread/greasy breakfast, with strong coffee, a glass of water and two panadol? lol That's usually the start to my hangover recovery :rofl:

Hope ya feel less seedy sooner rather than later! :mello:

Ok, I'll just ring my manager and let him know you'll be there in about 2 hours :p BTW, there are also cheese and crackers on the bar all day too. What's wine without a lil cheese!

Nah, havent eaten yet...I probably should though.

Thanks, here's hoping I survive the day without falling asleep on the bar! :p

I have a playboy clock that has an alarm but I never use the alarm on it :lol:

Gah! I'm going to come and live with you for awhile, I'm caught in this huge argument between my niece and her partner, I feel like a guinea pig :lol:

So you better make some room for me :lmao:

A playboy clock hey.....raunchy! :naughty: :p

Ohh being in the middle of a argument is not good at all

Ok, I'll just ring my manager and let him know you'll be there in about 2 hours :p BTW, there are also cheese and crackers on the bar all day too. What's wine without a lil cheese!

Nah, havent eaten yet...I probably should though.

Thanks, here's hoping I survive the day without falling asleep on the bar! :p

LOL yeah just let me jump on a flight... be right over :lmao:

Oh yum.... cheese crackers wine..... :clapping:

Yup you need to eat. My stomach is all messed up as I have some weird stomach virus thing, so I'm eating plain toast and campbell's chicken noodle soup, as not to really upset it. You should try something similar maybe??

LOL yeah stay away or they'll start stealing the wine and cheese!!! :rofl:

^ What, not want pressies!! Well I'm glad you got stuff anyhow ;) Mine went great :D

I have a question for all of you Aussies in this thread...

Have any of you ever bought anything off Amazon.com???
I want to order a book set that has an EMT (ambo) textbook, workbook and work study book so I can study and get ready for when I go back home and go to school. It's like $109 in US dollars and I want to ship it here. After the price, US tax and international shipping costs....am I also going to get socked with tax when it gets here? Will I get any sort of customs charges or anything?? Just wondering :)

^ What, not want pressies!! Well I'm glad you got stuff anyhow ;) Mine went great :D

I have a question for all of you Aussies in this thread...

Have any of you ever bought anything off Amazon.com???
I want to order a book set that has an EMT (ambo) textbook, workbook and work study book so I can study and get ready for when I go back home and go to school. It's like $109 in US dollars and I want to ship it here. After the price, US tax and international shipping costs....am I also going to get socked with tax when it gets here? Will I get any sort of customs charges or anything?? Just wondering :)

I didnt want presents this yr cuz u know everything with mj... :(
It just didnt feel right. But i did get nice presents , they are mostly bath lotion stuff

Misty!!

I'm here to disappoint :( Only ended up doing a 5 hour shift today, and spent a lot of time away from the bar so sadly don't have any wonderful stories to share.

But here's another classic - 'Oh, this is a sweet wine. How much sugar do they add to it?' Sugar...in wine...are you serious! Haha One of the wineries I am at have a wine called Honeysuckle, and people ask "So they put Honey in it". Really....think about that...can you imagine putting honey into wine hehe :p

I swear, I am not a wine snob...and I am not a wine expert...but really, that's just silly :p

aw :hug: you know MJ would want you to be happy though, right? You have to try to be... every day... we all do.

I got some really nice vanilla bath/lotion/perfume stuff that I just love :wub:

I know mj would want me to be happy, im listening 2 his music right now so that helps with the pain. Mj was the only thing has helped me deal with alot that has happend in my life, the bullying i suffered in school and among other things - he was the only thing that made me feel whole.

Misty!!

I'm here to disappoint :( Only ended up doing a 5 hour shift today, and spent a lot of time away from the bar so sadly don't have any wonderful stories to share.

But here's another classic - 'Oh, this is a sweet wine. How much sugar do they add to it?' Sugar...in wine...are you serious! Haha One of the wineries I am at have a wine called Honeysuckle, and people ask "So they put Honey in it". Really....think about that...can you imagine putting honey into wine hehe :p

I swear, I am not a wine snob...and I am not a wine expert...but really, that's just silly :p

Awwwwwwwwwwww that sucks :(

But those "classics" were actually REALLY funny!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: Sugar and honey in wine........... hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :tease:

No you aren't a wine snob......... not a wine expert........... just really...... have........

COMMON SENSE :lmao:

:p

Speaking of wine.............. :wine:

Even though I'm still a bit crook with the GI bug thing......

I've had a fair bit haha I figure, this way the GI cramps and all....... won't seem so bad!!! :clapping:

Booo for stomach and GI bugs!!! :mello:

Misty!!

sugar & honey in wine.........now that is really messed up!! :lol:

Back