Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

I have read Lucky Man and I loved it. I love Michael J Fox. My dad suffers from Parkinson's and it's quite advanced. I picked up this book to help learn more about the condition and to understand it a bit more. That and I've always thought Michael was a darling! But it helped me a lot, and deal with things etc etc. I haven't read the second one though. So heartbreaking though, reading how he dealt with it. He's an amazing person - very inspiring.

I just finished reading The Kite Runner which is just a beautifully written story, very sad though.

Yeah I love Michael J. Fox too, he seems like such an adorable sweet kind of guy! I'm sorry your father has Parkinson's :( it must be difficult. Had the book helped in any way with your situation? I like it when celebrities take their notoriety and use it to help people learn about their illness... people do pick up on it that way. I think the second book is Always Looking Up? I think. He did a tv special not long ago that goes with the book and it was really good!

Oh, I really want to read The Kite Runner! It looks really really good!

Yeah I love Michael J. Fox too, he seems like such an adorable sweet kind of guy! I'm sorry your father has Parkinson's :( it must be difficult. Had the book helped in any way with your situation? I like it when celebrities take their notoriety and use it to help people learn about their illness... people do pick up on it that way. I think the second book is Always Looking Up? I think. He did a tv special not long ago that goes with the book and it was really good!

Oh, I really want to read The Kite Runner! It looks really really good!

yeh, the booked helped a lot. Dad never really spoke about it, so i didn't know much about it at all. And i found myself getting frustrated at him at times - because i didn't know what he was dealing with. Like all the symptoms and stuff. I just thought it was a disease that made you shake - i didn't understand the deterioration and all the inner parts to it, particularly what it does to the mind.

And once I learnt what dad was going through, i felt so bad whenever i got annoyed that he didnt understand something that i said. But it surely helped me a lot. Just sad seeing him getting worse.

yeh, I reccommed the kite runner, it's just a heartbreaking tale.

yeh, the booked helped a lot. Dad never really spoke about it, so i didn't know much about it at all. And i found myself getting frustrated at him at times - because i didn't know what he was dealing with. Like all the symptoms and stuff. I just thought it was a disease that made you shake - i didn't understand the deterioration and all the inner parts to it, particularly what it does to the mind.

And once I learnt what dad was going through, i felt so bad whenever i got annoyed that he didnt understand something that i said. But it surely helped me a lot. Just sad seeing him getting worse.

yeh, I reccommed the kite runner, it's just a heartbreaking tale.

Yeah I wonder if it's hard for some to talk about it, while others don't stop talking about it? It's perfectly understandable that you get frustrated, anyone would. I think it's really cool that you did read the book with the intention to better understand what he's going through. You are definately a good daughter! :yes: I'm such a daddy's girl... I don't know what I'd be like in your position, so I think you are handling it very well :better:

I'm going to look when I go to the library tommorrow, and see if they have The Kite Runner. I need another book to read.

Yeah I wonder if it's hard for some to talk about it, while others don't stop talking about it? It's perfectly understandable that you get frustrated, anyone would. I think it's really cool that you did read the book with the intention to better understand what he's going through. You are definately a good daughter! :yes: I'm such a daddy's girl... I don't know what I'd be like in your position, so I think you are handling it very well :better:

I'm going to look when I go to the library tommorrow, and see if they have The Kite Runner. I need another book to read.

yeh, he would always kind of joke about it - like in a "well i've got it, so there's nothing i can do" sort of way, a bit like michael does. He never says "why me" he accepts it. but now that his mind is getting very bad, I can see how upset he is - it must be very frustrating for him.

I'm not overly close with my dad, I've lived away from him for so long, amongst other things. But to see anyone going through this, or any disease, it's very sad.

:waving:, evening everyone, how are we all this evening?

Mel - not long til you'll be new mooning your way to the cinema :p

mmmm.....shirtless vampires and werewolves!

7 Days to go Nay, and I've got tickets to the midnight session :dancing: no one better be sitting in my seat where I usually sit either otherwise I'll have to KO! them :lmao:

What can we do as individuals though? :(
Well what you can do and you dont need the government to do it for you.."it starts with us" is to educate yourself and others within your reach why plastic bottled water is the worst thing possible for us and for our planet.
Humans have explored the seas and deserts for centuries without plastic bottled water...but in the last 20years we cant seem to live without it..
when someone next time wants to buy one ask them why? ask them to buy a glass bottled instead and ask them to think ahead next time and bring their own bottled water with them...
small steps but it starts with us:punk:

Awww no nay, the dog i used 2 have was like that to when it thurnderd....i felt so bad for him :(

Yeh, Toby practically sits on me! follows me everywhere. he is sitting at my feet right now. He hates all the noises.

Where are all you Aussies tonight!!

Oh that's right....I'm 3 hours behind you all :(

Get outta bed you lot :p

I had a lovely birthday and looking forward to seeing my family on the weekend. Work put up streamers and balloons and chocolates. Very sweet. I'm 20-fricken-3!!!

I had a lovely birthday and looking forward to seeing my family on the weekend. Work put up streamers and balloons and chocolates. Very sweet. I'm 20-fricken-3!!!

happy birthday :) I saw that it was your day today at the bottom of the home page :p

hope your night is fabulous :)

Aw I love when coworkers do that stuff for your birthday!!! :wild:

Have a GREAT birthday weekend!!! And Happy 23rd!! :clapping:

Hey everyone! Today I had my Music assessment (I was doing Billie Jean) and I got 11 (I think out of 20).

Aww that was sweet of ur co workers 2 do that

Happy brithday! :birthday: i hope all ur bday wishes & dreams come and hope u had a nice day :D

Good job MLVD! What kind of music assesment is it? Do you play an instrument? Tell us more :D
Gonetoosoon, how are ya, I see you are on?

Hey I got to have my very first meat pie from Harry's Cafe De Wheels today in Sydney!!!! It was SO friggin good!!!!

Back