OFFICAL: This Is It Blu Ray & DVD Set To Release JAN 26 2010 (Pics Included) [Merged]

Re: This Is It’ cued to Grammys-Sony Sets DVD Release Date

they are going to make a fortune, omg i cant wait.

its not fair really that the smooth criminal thing is only on the blue ray, they know its one of the most wanted things, they are so evil

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Set To Release JAN 26 2010

Yeah, there was an advert in the Metro newspaper today sawing that it’s out in the UK on February 22nd. The Collector’s Edition DVD has 3 3D tickets or something like that (they’re square shaped if I remember correctly).

its not fair really that the smooth criminal thing is only on the blue ray, they know its one of the most wanted things, they are so evil

Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that Sony's PS3 is the only console with Blu-Ray capability now is it!

From http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3805

these are the same extra features that were reported before.

Michael Jackson's This Is It Blu-ray Announced

Posted November 29, 2009 04:02 AM by Juan Calonge

sonypictures.jpg
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that it will release 'Michael Jackson's This Is It ', the movie documenting the late performer's rehearsals for a series of London concerts cancelled after Jackson's sudden passing, on Blu-ray on January 26, 2010. It will be presented in 1080p AVC video with a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Special features include:
  • Two making-of documentaries
  • Eight featurettes
  • All-new Smooth Criminal vignette (BD-exclusive)
  • Making Smooth Criminal featurette (BD-exclusive)
  • All-new Thriller vignette (BD-exclusive)
  • BD-Live:
    • movieIQ
    • 'This Is It' interactive playlist

Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that Sony's PS3 is the only console with Blu-Ray capability now is it!

LOL! it is unfair though, someone will have to upload them in good quality and ill burn it onto a disk and add it to the two dvd's

22nd feb in the uk :(

I would have expected an simultaneous release date worldwide, maybe it is, still dunno yet tho.
If the US gets it a month early I will definitely import it if its region free on blu ray!

i will just get it on normal dvd... dont have money for a blu ray player yet... maybe i will get the blu ray disc some other time when i have money for a player. who knows :)

I want blue ray but I don't have blue ray player :scratch:so expensive here.

they are real expensive here to, the cheapest one i can find anywhere is 300NZD / 215USD. what are they priced at in America / the U.K?

Hey guys, what about this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-BDP...ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1259608795&sr=8-1

It's quite cheap! I have the same blu ray player and it's awesome!!! It's playing everything, nothing what it doesn't play! Whether it's blu ray, dvd, double layer dvd, dvd-r, dvd+r, wmv, mpeg, divx, avi - it really doesn't matter, the player is playing EVERYTHING!!! ;)

:yes: Makes me wonder what the "Eight featurettes" and "BD-Live" is going to be.

The eight featurettes are:
  • The Gloved One - Costumes (15 minutes)
  • Memories of Michael (16 minutes)
  • Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers (10 minutes)
  • Making "Smooth Criminal" (11 minutes)
  • Meet the Dancers
  • Meet the Band
  • Meet the Vocalists
  • Dancing Machine - Choreography

BD live is some sort of internet thingy

From wikipedia:
"BD-Live requires the Blu-ray Disc player to have an Internet connection to access Internet-based content. BD-Live features have included Internet chats, scheduled chats with the director, Internet games, downloadable featurettes, downloadable quizzes, and downloadable movie trailers."

OK - now that I'm totally confused, can ANYONE answer a few stupid questions I have? I would 4ever appreciate it.
1. Is the new one coming out the SAME as the the movie & disc we saw in Oct?
2. Someone said more will be added, like the rehearsal of 'Dirty Diana' , etc. - anyone know what new ones we did not see will be on this one?
3. Will the DVD have all the same footage as the BlueRay disc(what exactly is the difference?) ?
4. Where and When can one pre-order (in US) the new one for the 2010 distribution?
5. The Oct release was only a little over an hour long -- will we EVER get to see ANY of the additional, OVER 100 HOURS that Kenny Ortega said was shot?

And unrelated: I pre-ordered OPUS months ago for Dec release, forgive me I'm old, does anyone remember where?- tried Amazon, not there, tried here-couldn't find, Iknow-like I said-I'm old! LOLLOL

Last edited:

Jackson's `This Is It' out on DVD in January

Nov 30, 1:52 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - "Michael Jackson's This Is It," a film about the King of Pop's final rehearsals before his death, will be released on DVD on Jan. 26, 2010.

The DVD release was announced Monday by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

"This Is It" captures Jackson's final performances as he rehearsed for his concerts in London. He died June 25, just weeks before his marathon of 50 concerts was to begin.

The DVD includes two documentaries, "Staging the Return: Beyond the Show" and "Staging the Return: The Adventure Begins," which highlight Jackson as he prepared for the concerts.

The film has grossed more than $70 million in the United States.

---

Sony Pictures is a unit of Sony Corp.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091130/D9CA191G1.html

Well the advert in the UK paper The Metro says that it's out Feb 22nd.

27 January will be my concert :(

Glad to finally get a release date. Going to see the movie one last time, on the last day it's in theaters. :D Then I will patiently (or impatiently) await the dvd/blu-ray.

Soo looking forward to this.

Okay so does that mean the extra hour of footage is just the behind the scenes and documentaries not any actual performance footage? I'm kinda confused.

Was this article posted?

The DVD ($28.96) will have an hour of extra footage while the Blu-ray version ($39.95) will have an hour and a half, including new "Smooth Criminal" and "Thriller" music videos that were to be screened at the London concerts.

There is also a "Making of Smooth Criminal" vignette.

Customers who order either version by Dec. 24 will get two making-of documentaries. There will also be featurettes featuring auditions for dancers, the costume process, and director/choreographer Kenny Ortega's memories of Jackson.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai..._time_for_grammys_but_not_.html#ixzz0YNtkwaAk

oh yessssss. 2, yes yes yes. finally something new, I hope.

I so can't wait for this! :D

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Blu Ray Set To Release JAN 26 2010 [Merged]

A lot of Blu-rays have additional features compared to the DVD these days. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, for instance, was a barebones vanilla DVD with ALL the extras exclusive to Blu, same with Star Wars: The Clone Wars film. At least in the case of TII there is a 2 Disc DVD option as well.

So it appears that the UK will have to wait an extra month after the R1 release... lovely(!)

This is what is listed under "Disc Details" there!!

Supplements

* Two making-of documentaries
* Eight featurettes

Exclusive HD Content

* All-new Smooth Criminal vignette
* Making Smooth Criminal featurette
* All-new Thriller vignette
* BD-Live
* movieIQ
* 'This Is It' Interactive Playlist

YESSSS THE LITTLE MOVIE THINGS ARE GOING TO BE INCLUDED!

3D versions would be awesome. However, where's the Earth song movie? If they don't include that I'll be mighty pissed.

MIGHTY PISSED.

Also, I hope they confirm that video of Dirty Diana, Heal the World and all the other songs that weren't included in the film are included!

now it's on michaeljackson.com :)

^^^^

great!!

Customers who order either version by Dec. 24 wi
eh? isnt it the same when ever u buy it

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Blu Ray Set To Release JAN 26 2010 [Merged]

Both Amazon and iTunes have it slated for Jan. 26 release (U.S.)

Re: This Is It Collectors Edition DVD (2 discs)

For fans without blu-ray players Play.com have this listed as the special features for the collectors edition DVD:

2 Making Of Documentaries
The Gloved One - Costumes Featurette
Memories Of Michael Featurette
Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers Featurette
Theatrical Trailer
Meet the Dancers Featurette
Meet the Band Featurette
Meet the Vocalists Featurette
The Unfinished Rehearsals Featurette

It sucks that we don't get the vignettes, but that's a better list than the original one that was posted.

Re: This Is It Collectors Edition DVD (2 discs)

Is it confirmed about the "tickets" in the 2 disc dvd edition???

Back