OFFICAL: This Is It Blu Ray & DVD Set To Release JAN 26 2010 (Pics Included) [Merged]

Ok I just have one question, which has probably already been answered but I am very confused....
Will there be a normal DVD which has all the features that the Blu Ray has?

Ok I just have one question, which has probably already been answered but I am very confused....
Will there be a normal DVD which has all the features that the Blu Ray has?

No.

The Blu-ray will have some exclusive extra stuff. :punk:

so it's confirmed that US TII Blu-ray won't have the "Unfinished Rehearsal Footage"...??

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Set To Release JAN 26 2010

The eight featurettes are:
  • The Gloved One - Costumes (15 minutes)
  • Memories of Michael (16 minutes)
  • Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers (10 minutes)
  • Making "Smooth Criminal" (11 minutes)
  • Meet the Dancers
  • Meet the Band
  • Meet the Vocalists
  • Dancing Machine - Choreography

BD live is some sort of internet thingy

From wikipedia:
Can I ask, where did you get the running time for the bonus features?

im confused they said there would be song on the BR that never make the movie ? Where is it on the listing, songs like stranger in moscow, dangerous etc ????

I just got an email for the pre-order of the DVD.... guess there are no extra songs after all??:(

It looks like the European release will have extra performances, while the North American release won't. Can someone confirm?

the unfisnished rehearsals isnt peformance footage the info is in the press release posted in this thread

It looks like the European release will have extra performances, while the North American release won't. Can someone confirm?

Ok, I am confused and pissed off a bit because I have now gone through both the TII blu-ray/DVD threads and have concluded that North America's BRD is a half-arsed version of Europe's.

UK/Europe gets all of this:

# 2 Making Of Documentaries
# The Gloved One - Costumes Featurette
# Memories Of Michael Featurette
# Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers Featurette
# Theatrical Trailer
# Meet the Dancers Featurette
# Meet the Band Featurette
# Meet the Vocalists Featurette
# The Unfinished Rehearsals Featurette
# Dancing Machine - Choreography Featurette
# Michael Jackson's This Is It: The Photo Collection
# 'Thriller' and 'Smooth Criminal' Vignettes (5.1 audio)
# Making 'Smooth Criminal' Featurette
# BD Live with movieIQ featuring This Is It interactive playlist
# Photo Gallery with 75 insider photos from the rehearsals

And North America gets this:

Documentary, Featurettes.

Subtitles: English SDH and French; "Staging The Return: Two-Part Making-of Documentary"; "The Gloved One: Costumes"; "Memories Of Michael"; "Auditions: Searching For The World's Best Dancers"; "'Smooth Criminal' Vignette"; "Making 'Smooth Criminal'"; "'Thriller' Vignette"; BD-Live Enabled with movieIQ Featuring the "This Is It" Playlist.

North American's should just wait until it's released to know exactly what they are getting. I'd rather have the UK/European version if this is the case. I am pissed because they should be the same!!!

Where can an American citizen buy dvds from the UK online? Argh, I am going to wait. Why does Sony have to make everything so damn confusing??!?!

Have we been able to establish at all whether or not there will be unseen footage of extra songs on the DVD/Blu-Ray?

I thought that Kenny Ortega said a while back that there would be at least 2 extra hours of footage on the DVD/Blu-Ray release. I hope he didn't mean the extras. :(

Have we been able to establish at all whether or not there will be unseen footage of extra songs on the DVD/Blu-Ray?

I thought that Kenny Ortega said a while back that there would be at least 2 extra hours of footage on the DVD/Blu-Ray release. I hope he didn't mean the extras. :(

OK, now I canceled the DVD from Amazon and Pre-ordered it in BlueRay (since of course there seems to more in BR. I even went out bought a BR player just for this!! SOME OBESSESSIONS NEVER DIE!!!
But trying to find the one in Amazon UK, is without a doubt a security risk I guess-lol.
Have had NO luck whatsoever. So if ANYONE could tell me ANYTHING I will fall over in anticipation-lol!!!

I'm still really confused where the running times for the extra features came from cause I can't find a source anywhere listing that info.

Regarding North America and Europe differences: You all know Sony will double-dip. They will probably be a 2nd edition along the road with the unfinished reheartsals and more pointless junk some people will eat up. But one thing is for sure, I don't think it would be extra songs on Europe only

I agree with Jadentheman.
Sony WILL release another edition later on and that one will have more of the stuff we want (e.g more MJ rehearsal footage). Sony are not completely stupid. They know that we'll buy whatever they put out now and then if the next release has good footage on it we'll buy that version even if we already have a copy.

As long as I get to see the movie I'll be happy. I haven't downloaded it like some people. Want to do it properly.

Back