OFFICAL: This Is It Blu Ray & DVD Set To Release JAN 26 2010 (Pics Included) [Merged]

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Blu Ray Set To Release JAN 26 2010

Any news on a UK release? Or is it the same date?

Thanks.

only 111 minutes???

Calm Down, nothing to worry!!!

That's just the film. Normal DVDs usually say the running time on the back of the case and that doesn't include the extra features. Kenny Ortega said that there will be no extended version and the extra footage will be included as extra features.

111 minutes? I thought the original movie was 2 hours and 1 minute (121 minutes)?? That's what it says on the box office website.

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Set To Release JAN 26 2010

‘This Is It’ cued to Grammys

Sony sets home entertainment release date

By SUSANNE AULT

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, having kept the release of Michael Jackson concert pic "This Is It" out of the fourth quarter to give theaters a longer window, will tie the DVD and Blu-ray discs to the Grammy Awards with a Jan. 26 release.Positioning "This Is It" as the first big homevid title of 2010, SPHE said the DVD and Blu-ray discs will offer a fuller experience than the theatrical cut, which has already drawn more than $70 million in U.S. box office. The standard DVD ($28.96) will contain an hour of extra footage, and the Blu-ray version ($39.95) will hold an additional hour and a half of material.
Exclusive to the Blu-ray version is a "Smooth Criminal" vignette that was originally intended to screen prior to Jackson's planned London concerts. There is also the featurette "Making Smooth Criminal," as well as Sony Web-enabled feature movieIQ.
"We're thrilled with the date that we ended up with, where it's at an opportune time in the market," said Marc Rashba, Sony's VP of worldwide marketing. "The Grammys follow right after the release date (on Jan. 31). There will be a lot of Grammy areas in stores, and we can play into that."
Retailers are also expected to push "This Is It" pre-orders during this heavy fourth-quarter shopping period.
Both standard DVD and Blu-ray editions, carrying a Dec. 24 pre-order date, include two making-of documentaries. The two formats also hold three featurettes, covering costuming, memories of Jackson and auditions of the concert dancers.
To further boost the title's appeal, Sony will attach different collectible components at various retailers.
"We're looking at new channels of distribution, and working with digital partners," Rashba said.
(Susanne Ault writes for Daily Variety sister publication Video Business.)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118011930.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

thanks for posting this!!! Can't wait to own my This is it Blue ray!

I can't wait till Jan 26!

By SUSANNE AULT

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, having kept the release of Michael Jackson concert pic "This Is It" out of the fourth quarter to give theaters a longer window, will tie the DVD and Blu-ray discs to the Grammy Awards with a Jan. 26 release.Positioning "This Is It" as the first big homevid title of 2010, SPHE said the DVD and Blu-ray discs will offer a fuller experience than the theatrical cut, which has already drawn more than $70 million in U.S. box office. The standard DVD ($28.96) will contain an hour of extra footage, and the Blu-ray version ($39.95) will hold an additional hour and a half of material.
Exclusive to the Blu-ray version is a "Smooth Criminal" vignette that was originally intended to screen prior to Jackson's planned London concerts. There is also the featurette "Making Smooth Criminal," as well as Sony Web-enabled feature movieIQ.
"We're thrilled with the date that we ended up with, where it's at an opportune time in the market," said Marc Rashba, Sony's VP of worldwide marketing. "The Grammys follow right after the release date (on Jan. 31). There will be a lot of Grammy areas in stores, and we can play into that."
Retailers are also expected to push "This Is It" pre-orders during this heavy fourth-quarter shopping period.
Both standard DVD and Blu-ray editions, carrying a Dec. 24 pre-order date, include two making-of documentaries. The two formats also hold three featurettes, covering costuming, memories of Jackson and auditions of the concert dancers.
To further boost the title's appeal, Sony will attach different collectible components at various retailers.
"We're looking at new channels of distribution, and working with digital partners," Rashba said.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118011930.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

thanks for the info on that.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, having kept the release of Michael Jackson concert pic "This Is It" out of the fourth quarter to give theaters a longer window, will tie the DVD and Blu-ray discs to the Grammy Awards with a Jan. 26 release.

Positioning "This Is It" as the first big homevid title of 2010, SPHE said the DVD and Blu-ray discs will offer a fuller experience than the theatrical cut, which has already drawn more than $70 million in U.S. box office. The standard DVD ($28.96) will contain an hour of extra footage, and the Blu-ray version ($39.95) will hold an additional hour and a half of material.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118011930.html?categoryId=16&cs=1

Finally, It's GONNA BE OUT!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

The thing is, My B-day is on Jan 16th and the release is TEN Days after. I guess i gotta save up my
Benjamins then!

I remember last year, us being soooo EXCITED about Thriller 25 and the SPECIAL Announcement! What a difference a year makes right? :(

God Bless!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I want blue ray but I don't have blue ray player :scratch:so expensive here.

Thanks for posting. Jan 26 seems like a while to wait. :timer:

I want blue ray but I don't have blue ray player :scratch:so expensive here.

they are real expensive here to, the cheapest one i can find anywhere is 300NZD / 215USD. what are they priced at in America / the U.K?

As I said in my above post, KO confirmed the DVD/Blu would contain the theatrical version of the film;
he never inferred a Director's Cut, just that there would be plenty of special features to complement the movie.
Thanks for this, but it's 111 minutes like the movie.
*please advise*
Drama much?
It is also pitiful to accuse others of lying when they are not.
Kenny SPECIFICALLY said the movie would be PRESENTED as is. But they would add a bunch of additional footage.

OK. When do you propose they will add it? After the release?
oh great lol. regular > special(?) edition > 4 disk box?! hm yea cause thats exactly what we wanted. Just bring out one damn CD with the extras on it nd we're done x]

Thank you! :ermm:

Well I'll make sure I get my copy:punk:

They better have extra performances on the the disc. Even if they are just performances of songs we have already but on different dates.

:yes: Makes me wonder what the "Eight featurettes" and "BD-Live" is going to be.

Don't worry. :)
I think THIS IS IT will follow the path LOTR and other big movies followed.
In the beginning they release one disk edition of regular movie.
Then 2 disc edition comes with some extra stuff.
And then 4 disk box set comes! :punk:

:mello: I can see the one disk (just the movie) and two disk (movie + special features) happening.

Sony knows a cash cow.Don't bet again'st a This is it 2 in theatres or at least on Dvd.MJ's estate and sony have tons of unreleased mj material.We did not see we are the world, or heal the world videos shown at the memorial that ortega said were created by micheal for the tour.And looking at my mom videos of mj over the years i notice mj traveled with his personal videographer every where he went.He video taped every thing. So imagine his library.

TII 2? I read in an article on this forum that WATW and HTW were not rehearsed because they included childrens choirs and so they were going to rehearse it in London.

Yes, MJ did have a personal videographer at times. But I imagine those are home movies and pre-TII stuff (tours, trips, etc.) Perhaps he would have had a videographer to follow him during the TII tours.

OK. When do you propose they will add it? After the release?

I think the poster means the additional footage will be in the DVD/Blu-Ray under special features. It won't be attached as a longer version: directors cut.

The UK release will be a day earlier on Jan 25th....

Jan 25th for the UK!!!!!! And when I've pre-ordered a DVD usually I get it a couple days before for some reason from Amazon so if so eeeeek! Can't wait until my copy can't take any more viewings, which is bound to happen.

Amazon UK and HMV both have the release date as February 22nd now.

Amazon UK and HMV both have the release date as February 22nd.

well this is just a shame as far as I am concerned.....so again Ortega tells us lies..see this is what I mean about finding it hard to believe anything else he says......Like about Michael..I think he knows more than he is telling.

111mins is the film running time.

There will be extra footage as special features.

i will just get it on normal dvd... dont have money for a blu ray player yet... maybe i will get the blu ray disc some other time when i have money for a player. who knows :)

to much conflicting info. someone just tell me whats on the discs when it gets reelased.all im intrested in is getting xtra rehearsal footage.but no doubt sony will milk it for years

This Is It’ cued to Grammys-Sony Sets DVD Release Date

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=print_story&articleid=VR1118011930&categoryid=13
To print this page, select "PRINT" from the File Menu of your browser.
Posted: Sun., Nov. 29, 2009, 4:21pm PT

By SUSANNE AULT

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, having kept the release of Michael Jackson concert pic "This Is It" out of the fourth quarter to give theaters a longer window, will tie the DVD and Blu-ray discs to the Grammy Awards with a Jan. 26 release.

Positioning "This Is It" as the first big homevid title of 2010, SPHE said the DVD and Blu-ray discs will offer a fuller experience than the theatrical cut, which has already drawn more than $70 million in U.S. box office. The standard DVD ($28.96) will contain an hour of extra footage, and the Blu-ray version ($39.95) will hold an additional hour and a half of material.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118011930.html

Re: This Is It’ cued to Grammys-Sony Sets DVD Release Date

wooo hoooo! Can't wait!

Back