OFFICAL: This Is It Blu Ray & DVD Set To Release JAN 26 2010 (Pics Included) [Merged]

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Set To Release JAN 26 2010

Dont you need a certain type of player for Blu-ray discs?
I only have a regular DVD player so thats the disc I wanna get....
and put it with the rest of my MJ stuff. :(

A hundred and 11 minutes?! Then there isnt more footage or extras
like Ortega said? No different than the film?

I thought 25th in UK and therefore 26th in US was always the rumoured date?

Yeah you need either a Blu-ray player or PS3 to play Blu-ray discs - much more ££ than a DVD player.

I'm sure KO already stated that the actual film would be presented as it was in theatres, it was just the special features which added up to 2-3 hours. Sadly it doesn't look as if we'll being seeing any of the previously unseen songs being rehearsed... pity.

Re: OFFCIAL: This Is It Blu Ray Set To Release JAN 26 2010

Woo.. wish I could get it in time for Christmas though

well this is just a shame as far as I am concerned.....so again Ortega tells us lies..see this is what I mean about finding it hard to believe anything else he says......Like about Michael..I think he knows more than he is telling.

He didn't tell lies either something came up or the interview was misread.

But of the course you know Sony and re-releases

I thought 25th in UK and therefore 26th in US was always the rumoured date?

Yea it's the date i've been hearing for a while. It'l be a real let down if we don't get any bonus material at all :(

Edit: the person below is right. he said he wasn't going to have a director's cut. It will be interesting to see if they give the blu-ray more special features than the DVD

Last edited:

well this is just a shame as far as I am concerned.....so again Ortega tells us lies..see this is what I mean about finding it hard to believe anything else he says......

As I said in my above post, KO confirmed the DVD/Blu would contain the theatrical version of the film; he never inferred a Director's Cut, just that there would be plenty of special features to complement the movie.

Maybe it's a silly question but are the DVD and the Blu-Ray released at the same time ? ( I think so probably0 but I would like to know for sure. Anyone ?
Too bad that's four days before my birthday!

Yeah, id wait for the product before speculating just yet. Who knows what it will be like. Im planning to get both DVD and blue ray (since i dont have a blue ray yet, but soon :) ).

They better have extra performances on the the disc. Even if they are just performances of songs we have already but on different dates.

cant be true, cause sony say may

yeah exactly they better have it on. they already screwed us with the TII CD so they better add some extras on it at least 30min..damnit. so frustrating.

I'm new to Blu-Ray, bought my first player this past Black Friday for $77, and I can't wait for the release of this video.

also I had no idea that Blu-Ray movies come with a DVD digital copy, had I known this earlier, I would have bought BRDs a long time ago as I was only waited for BRP to come down to a more reasonable price tag.

Don't worry. :)
I think THIS IS IT will follow the path LOTR and other big movies followed.
In the beginning they release one disk edition of regular movie.
Then 2 disc edition comes with some extra stuff.
And then 4 disk box set comes! :punk:

well this is just a shame as far as I am concerned.....so again Ortega tells us lies..see this is what I mean about finding it hard to believe anything else he says......Like about Michael..I think he knows more than he is telling.

Drama much?

It is also pitiful to accuse others of lying when they are not.

Kenny SPECIFICALLY said the movie would be PRESENTED as is. But they would add a bunch of additional footage.

You lose all credibility when you accuse people of lying when you HAVEN'T READ or UNDERSTOOD the facts.
A few days ago I got to speak with director Kenny Ortega for Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” as a reporter for our partner’s at Omelete. Since Ortega has spoken at great length about the project to other websites and media outlets, I tried to ask some news questions. The main thing I wanted to know was since they had shot around 100 hours of footage when documenting the rehearsals, how much additional footage could fans expect to see on the eventual DVD/Blu-ray. According to Ortega, we’re going to get between two and three hours of additional footage. He also told me it won’t be added into the movie like a director’s cut but will be part of the extras section.
http://www.collider.com/2009/10/31/...-additional-footage-on-this-is-it-dvdblu-ray/

Last edited:

oh great lol. regular > special(?) edition > 4 disk box?! hm yea cause thats exactly what we wanted. Just bring out one damn CD with the extras on it nd we're done x]

only 111 minutes???

Sony knows a cash cow.Don't bet again'st a This is it 2 in theatres or at least on Dvd.MJ's estate and sony have tons of unreleased mj material.We did not see we are the world, or heal the world videos shown at the memorial that ortega said were created by micheal for the tour.And looking at my mom videos of mj over the years i notice mj traveled with his personal videographer every where he went.He video taped every thing. So imagine his library.

Great news, thank you!

This is what is listed under "Disc Details" there!!

Supplements

* Two making-of documentaries
* Eight featurettes

Exclusive HD Content

* All-new Smooth Criminal vignette
* Making Smooth Criminal featurette
* All-new Thriller vignette
* BD-Live
* movieIQ
* 'This Is It' Interactive Playlist

'This Is It' Interactive Playlist

What does that mean exactly??

Its OFFICIAL. January 26th 2010.

The DVD and blu-ray will be out at this date in the USA/Canada

I hope that's true.

Damn, I really wanted it before Christmas.

Ah well.

Back