New Song Snippet - Another Day Featuring Lenny Kravitz (Merged) *No Links*

I want to hear the full version of "Place without no name"!!!!! Come on, Lenny Kravitz and MJ don't really harmonize.

so lenny can put the full song on the net without any problems?

i'm hoping it's released as a proper single! for us to buy and for us to try get to number one :)

hopefully sony will realise the fans want more music like this and they'll make an album of unreleased tracks! - now that is wishful thinking lol

Has the full version leaked?

No... not yet...
scared0005.gif

I hate all the issues that there are around music being released, so annoying!

I know links to the actual song are not allowed,
since it was leaked, and I didn't have the time to go through all the 50 pages,
sorry if this has been already posted, but this is what Lenny had to say
about "Another day".

On Michael Jackson and I and "Another Day." Peace, Lenny
http://www.twitvid.com/EED87
And I like what he had to say.

I read the article on Yahoo. Thanks for the video link tho.
Much respect to Lenny Kravitz for telling it like it is.
I cant see him putting that message on video and it not be straight up.

For his part, Kravitz says he wants the final and complete version
of the song to see the light of day.

Me too! :)
"I'd like to see this thing get straightened out as soon as possible," Kravitz says, "because I'd like for you -- the fans, the people who love Michael -- to hear the track in its entirety the way it was meant to be...so that's all being worked out, as I sit here in the bush. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information."
Lenny Kravitz

The right way! :)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100105/music_nm/us_kravitz

Peace to you too Lenny....

TBC

Not if Sony have anything to do with it.

This is where I am confused. Was this track made after Michael's contract with Sony ended? Because if it was, doesn't that mean that Sony has zero rights over how and when it could be released? Or have the estate lawyers entered into some sort of agreement with Sony that all future MJ releases will be on one of their labels? I certainly hope that is not the case.

mmm maybe sony leaked this on purpose, so fans get to hear a snippet before it's released? Similar to what happened with the song This is it.

I am thinking the same. I am also thinking about whether Sony Music has any rightful copyright claim over this song. If it was made after MJs contract ended with Sony, would that then be up to the estate to decide who will release this song. I am also thinking its weird for Sony to claim copyright if the song was made during MJs contract with Sony. What about MIJAC and its position? Lenny has also released this song and his contract is with Virgin I think...

I am thinking why Sony would leak it. To get publicity or claim for copyright....

I'm thinking out loud here...and this might not make any sense but...I am very cynical about this.

Just to remind you all again, if anyone posts the leaked song, you will get banned straight away. As MJJC could be shut down for this.

...Thank you...I agree,

"A songwriter is automatically granted rights to a song the instant it is created. But this is considered to be more of an intellectual copyright until that song has been registered, transcribed in printed form, or otherwise established in a permanent medium (i.e. a recorded demo). If another musician learned the song's unique melody and lyrics, then deliberately claimed the song as his or her own, the original songwriter may have a difficult time proving full rights to a song which was never recorded or published. Scenarios such as this can and do happen in the music industry, especially when songwriting teams split up or band members become solo artists."

"Even though the original songwriter may own the intellectual rights to a song, he or she may not be in a position to control all of the possible uses of that song. Songwriters and musicians under contract to a studio may have to relinquish certain rights to a song as part of their agreement. In that case, the studio itself may assume certain rights to a song, particularly when it comes to derivative works such as sampling, covers by other artists and compilation albums. Songs created by artists while under contract to a studio may be considered "work product," in the same sense that an engineer working for NASA or General Electric could not claim a patent for an invention created on company time."

It was a bloody good song...I bet Sony Music would want to have copyrights over the song.

This is not the song clip.. it's lenny talking about it. sry. if this has been posted.

Since the TII fiasco with paul anka, l'm suspicious of anyone that MJ collaborated with. It seems that they all want to take credit for every. My question is if LK did everything (wrote,produce,played all instrument etc), (1) why is his version "storm" not all that good (2) why does he (LK) say in his state that he wants the whole song to be released the way he and mj envisioned. Clearly, this is not a one man work? Any way, this is just a question and l'm not disputing that LK may have done everything alone. This is just an observation and an opinion.

Since the TII fiasco with paul anka, l'm suspicious of anyone that MJ collaborated with. It seems that they all want to take credit for every. My question is if LK did everything (wrote,produce,played all instrument etc), (1) why is his version "storm" not all that good (2) why does he (LK) say in his state that he wants the whole song to be released the way he and mj envisioned. Clearly, this is not a one man work? Any way, this is just a question and l'm not disputing that LK may have done everything alone. This is just an observation and an opinion.

Well, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I do want to say Lenny produced etc. the song for Michael. For some reason MJ did not want to release it. I suspect the reason is issues with Sony Music. Instead, Lenny sang the song himself.

I do not want Sony getting any rights on anything what MJ did. Somehow, I think Mottola is still somewhere hiding with his own agenda. He was on telly first thing after MJ died claiming rights to all of his unpublished songs.

I think the reason why Sony may be shutting the single down is that they have been chose, possibly by the estate to release MJs music that he did once his contract with Sony ended. If anyone recalls, The estate was putting Sony against another record label. But from the beginning they were leaning towards Sony. they figured since his other music was already there and since Sony had the most global reach that it would make an ideal partnership.

Maybe the deal went through with Sony and we were not told. That would make sense for Sony to shut this single down.

It really is a great song.

It has a nice groove and the beat is uptempo with an angry chorous. It's freaking nice.

It was on a Danish morning TV show and the reporter and the music critics LOVED the song!

Link to the Danish TV site with the klip.:

http://go.tv2.dk/video.php/id-27559919.html - This should be totally legal, it's from danish TV and from their webpage.

nice! thanks for the link. is there any way you can translate their convo and tell us more about what they're saying? I listened and somehow felt that they were comparing the chorus a bit to Dirty Diana. is that right? if so, I agree! :)

IF - and that's a big IF - Another Day was recorded before 2004, then Sony has the right to release it according to MJs contract.

They will only have Sound Recording rights, not author copyright.

I think the reason why Sony may be shutting the single down is that they have been chose, possibly by the estate to release MJs music that he did once his contract with Sony ended. If anyone recalls, The estate was putting Sony against another record label. But from the beginning they were leaning towards Sony. they figured since his other music was already there and since Sony had the most global reach that it would make an ideal partnership.

Maybe the deal went through with Sony and we were not told. That would make sense for Sony to shut this single down.

....well, that is another possibility. However, I do want to see proof regarding they are chosen to distribute MJs songs. If there is none I am very skeptical of why they are claiming copyright to this song. I am also skeptical over some DJ from Germany (apparently) getting access to this song without any help.

IF - and that's a big IF - Another Day was recorded before 2004, then Sony has the right to release it according to MJs contract.

They will only have Sound Recording rights, not author copyright.

Lenny must have produced the song before he released his album...before 2004 I think.
Its normally the publisher who gets the copyright...isn't MIJAC music the company that has all the publishing rights to MJs songs?

Lenny must have produced the song before he released his album...before 2004 I think.
Its normally the publisher who gets the copyright...isn't MIJAC music the company that has all the publishing rights to MJs songs?

If Lenny wrote the song - then Sony doesn't have claim over it....because Lenny is with Virgin (that I known of).

BUT, at the time of the recording, Michael still was under Sony as a recording artist, so anything that MJ records (before 2004) is and will be subjected to that Sony/MJ contract.

So the question is - Will Virgin (Lenny) and Sony (Michael) come to an agreement - or will we have to wait for a FULL bootleg version?

My personal theory is that - IF this was leaked as it was - it was planned.

Michael NEW ALBUM is slated for Spring-Summer 2010 after the O2 concerts. So it's COMING. With and by the grace of GOD, I pray it will.

Back