New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks [the unreleased track is 'Got The Hots']

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

Thanks to Marni for this!

8:13 AM - Jason to perform at Michael Jackson’s 50th B’Day Celebration
Category: Parties and Nightlife

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

Jason Jackson invites you "to be a part of HIStory"...

Michael Jackson's birthday is on August 29.

Australia's own Michael Jackson Tribute Artist, Jason Jackson & SonyBMG are giving YOU, his Australian fans the chance to congratulate Michael on this great success and celebrate his birthday by choosing the track list for Michael's Australian Album "The King of Pop" that will be released on his birthday.

To Vote for your favourite Michael Jackson song by clicking on here www.mj50.com.au

__________________________________________________ ____

You're invited to the ONLY Official Australian launch party to celebrate Michael Jackson's 50th Anniversary at Club Swans, 28 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross NSW, Sydney.

Be there and "Be Part of HIStory" Admission is only $45 and you will receive a very special MJ50 pack, consisting of Michael Jacksons new Album "The King of Pop" Limited Edition Australian 50th Anniversary CD plus a MJ50 Souvenir Key Ring - total value of $85 for only $45 giving you admission to this spectacular and memorable night.

See special Michael footage and a host of other very special moments including a live performance by The Jackson Experience - MJ Dance Spectacular & The Thriller Dancers that will help celebrate "The King Of Pop's" special day - Friday 29 August, 7.30pm at Club Swans .

Limited tickets to this intimate VIP event - Book Early, Tickets available at Club Swans: Phone 02 8061 2300 or through Ticketek.

Thanks to Marni for this!

8:13 AM - Jason to perform at Michael Jackson’s 50th B’Day Celebration
Category: Parties and Nightlife

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

Jason Jackson invites you "to be a part of HIStory"...

Michael Jackson's birthday is on August 29.

Australia's own Michael Jackson Tribute Artist, Jason Jackson & SonyBMG are giving YOU, his Australian fans the chance to congratulate Michael on this great success and celebrate his birthday by choosing the track list for Michael's Australian Album "The King of Pop" that will be released on his birthday.

To Vote for your favourite Michael Jackson song by clicking on here www.mj50.com.au

You're invited to the ONLY Official Australian launch party to celebrate Michael Jackson's 50th Anniversary at Club Swans, 28 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross NSW, Sydney.

Be there and "Be Part of HIStory" Admission is only $45 and you will receive a very special MJ50 pack, consisting of Michael Jacksons new Album "The King of Pop" Limited Edition Australian 50th Anniversary CD plus a MJ50 Souvenir Key Ring - total value of $85 for only $45 giving you admission to this spectacular and memorable night.

See special Michael footage and a host of other very special moments including a live performance by The Jackson Experience - MJ Dance Spectacular & The Thriller Dancers that will help celebrate "The King Of Pop's" special day - Friday 29 August, 7.30pm at Club Swans .

Limited tickets to this intimate VIP event - Book Early, Tickets available at Club Swans: Phone 02 8061 2300 or through Ticketek.

The Australian fans must be jumping for joy:hysterical:

Be there and "Be Part of HIStory" Admission is only $45 and you will receive a very special MJ50 pack, consisting of Michael Jacksons new Album "The King of Pop" Limited Edition Australian 50th Anniversary CD plus a MJ50 Souvenir Key Ring - total value of $85 for only $45 giving you admission to this spectacular and memorable night.__

I'd love if we got something like this here in Ireland or even the UK but from what I've been told by Sony Ireland this album will not be released in the Irish or UK markets :(

Choose The Tracks On Michael Jackson's 50th Birthday Album!

Michael Jackson turns 50 on August 29 and Sony BMG Music Entertainment, are giving his Australian fans the chance to congratulate Michael and celebrate with him by choosing the track list for Michael's new Australian album release 'King Of Pop'.
As of tomorrow, Saturday 21st June and for the next three weeks, fans will be able to go to www.mj50.com.au and vote for the tracks they want to appear on the 'King Of Pop' album - which will be released on Michael's 50th Birthday on August 29 2008.

They can also leave Michael a birthday wish - a selection of which will be forever immortalized as part of the limited edition album artwork!

Sony BMG Music Entertainment is proud to celebrate Michael's amazing career, with over 200 Million sales worldwide and over four million in Australia. What better way to celebrate this than with a new King Of Pop greatest hits package that uniquely has been voted for by his Australian fans.

In the first Australian fan-driven album of its kind, King of Pop will contain the top 30 tracks chosen from Michael's Australian fans, plus rare tracks from Michael's career and a never before released track plus a brand new "MegaMix" from the legendary Jason Nevins.

'King Of Pop' will be released in two editions. The first is a limited edition digi-pak that will feature selected voters names and messages left by the fans on the www.mj50.com.au site and a special fold-out poster that follows Michael through his illustrious musical career. The second edition will be a standard release of the album without the poster.

Go to www.mj50.com.au

source: http://www.sonybmg.com.au/news/details.do;.tomcat2?newsId=20030829005656

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with unreleased tracks and ONE brand NEW song (update post 304

wow wow wow!!! excited now !!!!

thanks for sharing!!

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks and ONE unreleased SONG! (update post 304)

Good news! great for the australian fans, but I don't get it, will there be cd's like this for other countries aswell... or?

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks and ONE unreleased SONG! (update post 304)

Australia rules!

It sure does, I voted on this.

OK so I've made a complete U-turn on this. The only reason I will be buying this will be for the unreleased track.

Just waiting now to pre-order the delux edition pack. I can't wait to find out what the unreleased track is.

Good news! great for the australian fans, but I don't get it, will there be cd's like this for other countries aswell... or?

I didn't even think Australia was getting one! I thought it was all European countries- I am sure they will be announced soon :yes:

I have to admit I was TOTALLY 100% AGAINST this idea in the begining, before i knew details....

I thought "oh another greatest hits, Sony's at it again"... well yeah, it is, and they are, but its totally different this time:)

Looks like the album wont be promoted, which is good. Its pretty much for the fans.

Im VERY GLAD that is has been made a LIMITED EDITION, meaning that there wont be excessive time and money spent concentrating on the set, which im glad about.

The fact that FANS choose the tracklist is AWESOME! I can see already that this wont be your typical set list (unless general public get their hands on how to vote)

The rare material and NEVER BEFORE RELEASED SONG are just the iceing on the cake for me. Sony really are doing all they can to please the fans. I mean, they really appear to be attempting to please us, and it is working:)

Im totally excited about this CD, party and everything surrounding Michael's Bday. Finally Australia can celebrate in style!:)

I wonder if the 'never before released song' will be an actual un-released song from the MJ vault, or could it be just a remix or something.. hmm, if it's an actual song, that'd be awesome :)

I wonder if the 'never before released song' will be an actual un-released song from the MJ vault, or could it be just a remix or something.. hmm, if it's an actual song, that'd be awesome :)

I am hoping maybe this never before released song is like Xscape or something... imagine they released the new one as a SINGLE!

I am hoping maybe this never before released song is like Xscape or something... imagine they released the new one as a SINGLE!

That'd be cool, although I highly doubt it :(

I have to admit I was TOTALLY 100% AGAINST this idea in the begining, before i knew details....

I thought "oh another greatest hits, Sony's at it again"... well yeah, it is, and they are, but its totally different this time:)

Looks like the album wont be promoted, which is good. Its pretty much for the fans.

Im VERY GLAD that is has been made a LIMITED EDITION, meaning that there wont be excessive time and money spent concentrating on the set, which im glad about.

The fact that FANS choose the tracklist is AWESOME! I can see already that this wont be your typical set list (unless general public get their hands on how to vote)

The rare material and NEVER BEFORE RELEASED SONG are just the iceing on the cake for me. Sony really are doing all they can to please the fans. I mean, they really appear to be attempting to please us, and it is working:)

Im totally excited about this CD, party and everything surrounding Michael's Bday. Finally Australia can celebrate in style!:)

I am happy about this project, but i would prefer if michael came back again in the mainstream again, this is clearly a fan targeted project. but it does seem like a greatest hits project like the 'immaculate collection that included previous hits and unreleased tracks and whatever else sony wanted to throw in there.

this is clearly a fan targeted project, for the fans, this is obvious because; the fans have their message put on the CD and its limited edition (the most obvious thing that makes it for the fans). fans also choose the track listings-but choosing the tracks could also be a marketing technique (like a focus group) that may also be used for choosing michael's tracklisting for the tour...who knows. promotion will be nothing like it was for michael's solo albums in the past...as i said i am supporting this project but i wish that michael would come back

everything that happens around this time of michael's 50th birthday will also be a great celebration, so its sweet to have this album now, and i think it could settle the dust straight afterwards for everything that has happened to michael since 2001 and could help give michael the right moment to release a brand new mainstream solo project, i mean the mainstream audience could become more ready again for michael, maybe thats what michaels been waiting for...just my opinion (c'mon michael bring back the 'Thriller' and 'Bad' days)..

Last edited:

If they do the same for the US I could see this being cool. We can pick all the tracks that were released in other countries and not here and the tracks like Monkey business that are only on Greatest Hits albums and put them all on one album. There are things like Fall Again or On the Line that I think some of us don't have in full quality. Yes, and shake out one of those tracks like Xscape that has never been released.

There are things like Fall Again or On the Line that I think some of us don't have in full quality.
Those songs were already released on the ultimate collection.

Those songs were already released on the ultimate collection.

I know but the Ultimate Collection was like a $60 cd when it came out and I couldn't afford it ... especially not to get just 2 songs I didn't have. I bought all of his original albums and a few of his greatest hits allbums all in a year or two as it was as I am a new fan. I am thinking I may not be the only one who doesn't have it.

Last edited:

Thats how they always get us..

:lol: Well, fans have always said if they can't get new material right away they would prefer rare/unreleased songs to fill the void. Ask and ye shall receive. :wink:

I know but the Ultimate Collection was like a $60 cd when it came out and I couldn't afford it ... especially not to get just 2 songs I didn't have. I bought all of his original albums and a few of his greatest hits allbums all in a year or two as it was as I am a new fan. I am thinking I may not be the only one who doesn't have it.

Another reason why variety is a good thing. There's a little something for everybody at a variety of prices. :)

Gotta say the details of this project have raised the excitement level. Lucky Aussies. :D Thanks for the news and updates all.

Why don't they just release a full collection of unreleased material in a two-CD set or something? I'm just saying...

Thats how they always get us..

I know! :yes: I wish they would throw a whole CD of unreleased material together with the songs we pick, but I do agree that this is a good idea. I sure hope it will be released in the USA too though. It sounds like we will get to vote on our songs too and that it will be released in other countries. Cool!:clapping:

Why is Australia the place getting this,it makes no since

I'm not sure if this CD would contain songs by other artist. What I'm aware of that the local Sony managements will do polls among the Fans about which songs they would have on the given country's release.

Some people doubted, but this person was obviously correct. If they are right, then we will get our chance to vote and will have it released here in the US too.

I know! :yes: I wish they would throw a whole CD of unreleased material together with the songs we pick, but I do agree that this is a good idea. I sure hope it will be released in the USA too though. It sounds like we will get to vote on our songs too and that it will be released in other countries. Cool!:clapping:

They ain't gonna. I wish they did but they wanna constantly rape Mike's back catalog over and over again just so they can say they make more profit off of Michael Jackson records because they know there'll be enough of his fans to buy albums with songs already released over a billion times.

As always, it includes a little something none of us already have and I'll have to buy it :D
Wass 100% against it at first, but kinda excited now!

As always, it includes a little something none of us already have and I'll have to buy it :D
Wass 100% against it at first, but kinda excited now!

"A little something" always get people to buy hits collections so this ain't anything different. :giggle: But if you insist... :cheeky:

i might as weel try and get my hands on a copy its not like theres anything else at the mo :lol: interested in the apparent new song thats gonna be in it :p

Good to see that Sony finally released the official statement. However I'm still kinda disappointed by some of the fan reactions for the original information I have provided earlier.

I don't care if any of you will apologise me or not. I have lot more to tell you, but now I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Please stop this stupid "give me your source/link" stuff. It's not the 80s or the 90s, we are living in the age of the internet. Any of you can get more better and valuable information, then the so called "official sources". Furthermore these sources (newspapers, websites, etc.) are the same who bashed MJ for decades.

There should not be "fan news" or "offical news". You all should judge the information by it's true value.

Thanks.

Back