New Michael Jackson Tribute CD! - with rare tracks [the unreleased track is 'Got The Hots']

Re: New Michael Jackson Tribute CD From Sony!, Released This August

Yeah, they are gonna name the albums based on where they are released. i.e.

The French Collection
The Spanish Collection
and
The Dutch Collection
etc

boy...that is so not cool....another way to get the fans to buy every single compilation from each country.

This way Sony BMG would pay a tribute to Mr. Jackson on his 50th birthday.[/quote]

If Sony want to pay tribute to Michael and it's from the heart, maybe the fans can help them by giving Mike a nice surprise too by voting only for songs from 'Invincible' that way the money goes to the Mijac catalogue and not the back catalogue :cheeky:

I don't like how they are doing this.. IF THEY INSIST on doing ANOTHER 'BEST OF' there are better ways on doing it..

I mean yes, asking ppl what songs they want.. THINK about it.. Those who know about the album and take time to vote for the songs... are big enough fans to have the songs all ready on the REAL album...

So if they want to do a vote, it should not be for us BIG MJ fans that know about it.. Sony should make a commercial and advertize it to people.. They can pick there favorites etc...

The commercial could show samples of some of MJ's hits (There would be a few different versions of the commercial with different songs) ALSO on the commercial it will make it clear to go to a specific website to hear samples of a huge list of songs, and cast in there vote...

This will do these positive things:
* A good excuse for MJ's music to get tv time
* It will have PPL (NOT BIG MJ fans) take part and get an MJ CD they would like (like a beginner album)
* the list of songs on the website, ppl will go through the samples and hear songs they never heard before (introducing them to more MJ music)
* Those who would care about the album would get what they want...

cuz us fans have all that stuff... they can package it up in a million different ways, but it's the same stuff..

ALSO put something new in there for us all.. I mean putting even (bare minimum) ONE unreleased track would get most of us in here to buy the album..

That way everyone gets at least SOMETHING out of it.. I mean, NUMBER ONES had at least 'ONE MORE CHANCE'.. if it did not have that, I probably would not have baught it.

Last edited:

Now thats smart Rita ;)

Last edited:

boy...that is so not cool....another way to get the fans to buy every single compilation from each country.

:lol: The thing is this...no one HAS to buy anything they don't want. We all have free will. No pressure. If people feel pressured, that's probably coming more from themselves than from Sony. Skipping a compilation or 2 or 3 doesn't make anyone a bad fan. Fans who want to participate in something like this should be allowed to. Those who aren't interested, no prob. :flowers:

I'm still confused as to which songs are up for voting. This project confuses me. Who exactly is their target audience here? Are they going for newbie and casual fans or us diehards? I think the only thing that will make this project interesting to diehards is if a few rare things (i.e. "Lisa, it's your Birthday" and "Got the Hots", etc.) are an option. Not everyone was able to get the Japan copy of T25 for Got the Hots. And the full version of Carousel was missing from T25. Hopefully more details will come out and get people excited cuz right now, it ain't looking so good. And this is supposed to be a B-day tribute. :fear: I am feeling very little excitement in this thread. :ph34r:

You got that right wendy, I WAS excited when I thought it was a tribute cd cause at least it was NEW. When I got confirmation myself from Sony and heard it was just another Greatest Hits I couldn't believe what I was reading. I don't understand Sony one bit.

Do you think Michael has any say in this?

You got that right wendy, I WAS excited when I thought it was a tribute cd cause at least it was NEW. When I got confirmation myself from Sony and heard it was just another Greatest Hits I couldn't believe what I was reading. I don't understand Sony one bit.

Uhhh I choose not to answer that question at the mo. :baby:

Let me see if I understand this properly. So it's the Greatest Hits they want fans to vote for? Songs like Billie Jean, Don't Stop, etc...? Hmmmm, well, like I said in the other thread, variety is nice. For a birthday tribute,..a 50th Birthday tribute... this is a little weak. My honest opinion.

Last edited:

I don't get these 'best of's' the only MJ best of's I have are..

NUMBER ONES - it had ONE new song
ULTIMATE COLLECTION - all the rare stuff
Michael Jackson Anthology - great collection of young Mike + some rare

aside from that NONE!!!

HIStory (I'm including this cause it has a greatest hits on it)
OTW SE
Thriller SE
Bad SE
Dangerous SE
History Greatest Hits (its History disc one released seperatly in 2001)
Number Ones
Ultimate Collection
Thriller 25

I refused to buy Essential cause it offered me nothing new. I'll admit I loved the Special Editions cause at least an effort was made with them, we got unreleased songs, new covers, new booklets and interviews.

^ me too..

And I will not get Essentials either.. it's the purpose to me.. lol!

Fans should let Sony know what they think about these releases. They're going the Motown route and throwing out pointless compilations.

Also, is there a way I contact a SonyBMG rep?

No he doesn't.

well, there's also the Essential Michael Jackson, which is already out now. I just don't want another CD with Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat it, and WBSS on it, lol.
If Sony wants to work with MJ's fans, then okay; they need to listen to what we've all agreed to and been saying for YEARS!!! WE WANT THE BAD CONCERT ON DVD AND WE WANT SOME UNRELEASED SONGS FROM ANY ERA ON CD. That is what we all want pretty much. Hearing unreleased songs is new material to us; I mean it's the next best thing to him actually putting out a brand new CD.

Last edited:

No he doesn't.

So all the stories about he getting back the rights of his masterpieces were false?
He is getting anymoney out of that?

well, there's also the Essential Michael Jackson, which is already out now. I just don't want another CD with Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat it, and WBSS on it, lol.
If Sony wants to work with MJ's fans, then okay; they need to listen to what we've all agreed to and been saying for YEARS!!! WE WANT THE BAD CONCERT ON DVD AND WE WANT SOME UNRELEASED SONGS FROM ANY ERA ON CD. That is what we all want pretty much. Hearing unreleased songs is new material to us; I mean it's the next best thing to him actually putting out a brand new CD.

We're thinking the same thought LOL:clapping:

i tried to find this on the sony or michaeljackson.com site and could not find it anywhere does anyone know what the source is?and if this is real or another hoax

maybe someone can find out a real confirmation from bain or so

Last edited:

I refused to buy Essential cause it offered me nothing new.

There are some radio-edits on this compilation album which I have not on CD before.

Last edited:

That's 100% true, dear Sony music (lol) Please don't release another boring material like The Essential or Visionary. Please release a double album with 32 previously unreleased songs, that will be the best you can do for Michael's fans :))

That's 100% true, dear Sony music (lol) Please don't release another boring material like The Essential or Visionary. Please release a double album with 32 previously unreleased songs, that will be the best you can do for Michael's fans :))

LoL, if sony ever did that the chok would properbly kill me.

BUT it would be the best way to die, knowing that other fans would, at last, get some new stuff!! :D :rofl:

So all the stories about he getting back the rights of his masterpieces were false?
He is getting anymoney out of that?

No one knows yet. People have predicted he'll get it back between 2003 and now. Right now the situation b/w MJ and Sony is very cryptic... where's Back when you need him to confuse us even more?

KEEP...GETTING CONFUSED. :unsure:

Last edited:

i really hope this isn't true

oh yeah, I forgot they re-released the visionary singles aswell

Oh gosh another re-release is gona make MJ look so bad... ppl r already thinking that he doesnt sing anymore...

These are the hard times of being a MJ fan..... Wonder if Mike knew our frustration! lol...

I doubt he would release any new materia on Sony... He is a "free agent" isnt he, broke away from "seven seas records" as well...

Argh.... Lets just keep waiting.. not really knowing what we are waiting for.....

sorry if already posted :

18/06/2008: Jackson Lovers

In Japan, the website cdjapan ad for August 20th the release of a CD entitled "Jackson Lovers".
The songs will be performed by various artists.

Is this the Japanese version of the tribute CD produced by Sony to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the King of Pop?
We have no further information at this time.

Sources: cdjapan / MJLegend

http://www.mjlegend.com/news.php

Last edited:
Back