MJ lip-syncing

Status
Not open for further replies.
my laptop is sticking........nothing new coming up. So just testing to see if this does.

The Super Bowl Halftime Show.

What´s up with that? I´m not really into football so I´ve only saw a few of the performances. So was Mike the only one lip-syncing at Superbowl Halftime Show?

The One Nite Alone Tour Concert In Oberhausen

That was a good tour. Some gems came out of that tour. However, that was 7 years ago. I listened to a recording of "The Beautiful Ones" back when Prince released "Lotusflower" back in February. He tried to do the same scream but he couldn't hit it. Song still sounded good though. Enough talk about Prince :lol:.

He wasn't afraid to be live. He was completely live during hid J5 performances in the 2001 MSG concerts,the Britney version of The Way You Make Me Feel. Immaterial of what the tour was , Wanna be startin somethin' was always sung live. So it isn't justified for you to say that his live performing talents decreased after the 80's, he was just too conscious about the health of his throat that would have suffered 360 minutes of strain every alternate day. His tour dates came in very quick successions

is Prince back to being Prince, when did he drop the squiggle?

Oh right. So he is officially Prince now.

I have never bought any Prince music, after hearing about him so much today may have a look on amazon.

The problem here again the performance Mike did on Superbowl -he wasn´t singing live

so in my opinion he doesn´t deserve the crown for best Superbowl performance it´s
not fair to the other performers who actually sung live.

My point is Mike ruined with that attitude a lot of great performances and it´will hurt his legacy in the future.

I cannot defend or vote for example Mikes Superbowl performance when he wasn´t giving all he has got even as a big fan of Mike a must vote for another superbowl performance if someone ask me who I think was the greatest at superbowl I´m a fan but this doesn´t make me blind.

so any recommendations? an easy listening one, I know the basic stuff but nothing more than what hit the charts.

It always seemed bad in the day to buy a Prince album with everthing that the press etc was making out about the MJ v Prince thing....

Bit like buying a Pulp album......however Jarvis was a bit more naughty - though I do quite like the song Common People and others cause he went to St Martins where my daughter is at and knowing what I know about St Martins its quite amusing.

That was a good tour. Some gems came out of that tour. However, that was 7 years ago. I listened to a recording of "The Beautiful Ones" back when Prince released "Lotusflower" back in February. He tried to do the same scream but he couldn't hit it. Song still sounded good though. Enough talk about Prince :lol:.

The whole day was amazing in Oberhausen. I agree with you in my opinion its his best tour so far. I haven´t heard anything from Lotus live but I´ll get some bootlegs at the end of the week maybe then I´ll hear want you mean. But the reviews so far say that he is in very good form.

Last edited:
the link was the american one which was not in stock BUT the uk one is in stock and £6.48 great price.

hang on. we're on a MJ forum and you have just got me to purchase a Prince CD from Amazon......

it will add the repetitive MJ collection.

The probs with me liking MJ and the daughter being fanatical is that we buy each other CD and DVD all the time and therefore have the most multiple collection of the same stuff ever. Add on to that family members buying us MJ cds!

So a Prince cd amongst that may just look slightly bizarre if only for the reason there is only one of them.

Is there a possibility to stay on topic in this thread? It's turning into a private conversation and/or random thoughts between a few members.

I think that MJ lip syncing is irrelevant to the bigger scheme of what the concert was about and that I didnt care if he was or not. I just wanted to see him.

hang on. we're on a MJ forum and you have just got me to purchase a Prince CD from Amazon......

Where is the problem? Prince is a good guy he was always nice to Mike he never ever sad a bad word about Mikey.
He was once asked what he thought of Janet and his answer was " The sister of a genius":)

If you cannot hear to music with people who said bad things about Mike you cannot listen to Bad and Thriller because Quincy was talking out of his ass a couple of times. It was his ego speaking he was mad because Michael moved on and worked with other producers.
But Prince never ever said a bad word about him.

Is there a possibility to stay on topic in this thread? It's turning into a private conversation and/or random thoughts between a few members.

You´re right back to topic. So why was Michael lip-syncing his ballads?

Did he wrote the songs for a high voice he thought his fans wanted to hear when he already had a much deeper voice? He could pull this off for a onetime studio performance but it was very difficult for him even in the studio. I heard Teddy spoke about Keep the Faith he said Mike was crying because he couldn´t get this song right.
So live he couldn´t perform the songs?

I feel that the This is it concerts and beyond, we would of seen Michael do a lot more live singing, I just feel maybe in his twilight career we would of seen a lot less dancing and more singing.

Michael was a pure perfectionist when it came to singing though, so I'm not sure. For me when you hear him sing live the hairs on my back stand up, it just pure magic, if there's a bad note or even he's struggling, it just adds to the rawness and I love it.

This is an example, I don't know any other performance where he sings this live, but just listen to the first part of Scream it's awesome, one of my favourite performances ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkAMdHkmb-A

I feel that the This is it concerts and beyond, we would of seen Michael do a lot more live singing, I just feel maybe in his twilight career we would of seen a lot less dancing and more singing.

Michael was a pure perfectionist when it came to singing though, so I'm not sure. For me when you hear him sing live the hairs on my back stand up, it just pure magic, if there's a bad note or even he's struggling, it just adds to the rawness and I love it.

This is an example, I don't know any other performance where he sings this live, but just listen to the first part of Scream it's awesome, one of my favourite performances ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkAMdHkmb-A

Yes it´s great but it would be much greater if he had sung the whole song live. Why did he only sung the first seconds live?? I don´t get it.
THe same with Man in the Mirror why only the last part live? I doesn´t make any sense at all.

I really really hope Mike has video tapes in his vault were he performance all his hits live for example at Neverland.

It would´ve been the greatest loss ever if we don´t get to hear songs like Scream Who ist it etc live.

I don't like when Michael is lip-syncing.. He used to have a very strong voice... yes he's dancgin, but in Bad and Dangerous tour, he sang live (most of the time). Just didn't like the lip-synch...

I really really hope Mike has video tapes in his vault were he performance all his hits live for example at Neverland.

It would´ve been the greatest loss ever if we don´t get to hear songs like Scream Who ist it etc live.

I totally agree with you, not to hear Michael sing some of his greatest songs from Dangerous, History or Invincilble would be so sad. I hope the rehearsal footage that will see in the next couple of month's is not enchanced in any way or over dubbed with pre-recorded material. I just have a feeling it will be.

I don't like when Michael is lip-syncing.. He used to have a very strong voice... yes he's dancgin, but in Bad and Dangerous tour, he sang live (most of the time). Just didn't like the lip-synch...

Noone likes lip-syncing.
I´m so glad that people today are more and more performing live again. There was a time in the mid 90 where a lot of young boy groups were miming.
But now even most of the teen stars are singing live.

I totally agree with you, not to hear Michael sing some of his greatest songs from Dangerous, History or Invincilble would be so sad. I hope the rehearsal footage that will see in the next couple of month's is not enchanced in any way or over dubbed with pre-recorded material. I just have a feeling it will be.

I hope so too. Kenny was asked if Michael was singing live during the This is it rehearsals and he said yes. I hope he´s not lying. We will see in a couple of weeks.
If Kenny thinks he can foul the fans and we will not notice if its ive or not he is so wrong.
And if he´s lying-the question then is why is he lying?

Last edited:
Ya know what would have happened if the fans had stayed home?
If we never went to any of the HIStory concerts and only the very first Dangerous concerts?
Michael would have been heartbroken!
He would have taken that as a sign of failure. That would have been a slap in the face to him.
We might as well have said we hate him.
I could never do that.
Worry about his happiness and health? Yes!
Pray for him to feel better? Yes!
Protesting the concerts or bitching afterward would do no good .
And if we had pulled this during the Dangerous concerts, I think we would have had this deal with. I think he would have thrown in the towel.
He was touring when jordan pulled his crap.
Think how painful it would have been to see everyone just leave you. It was bad enough his close friends and some family did it.

We might as well have said we hate him.

It´s not a personal thing and Mike is a pro. We only don´t like his lip-syncing because we love his voice so much!

and Mike must be pro enough to take the critique about his lip-syncing. There´s nothing wrong to speak what´s on your mind as long it´s not personal and you´re not insulting someone. Again Mike asked Rodney to tell him when is is doing wrong during the invincible sessions.

Read the whole post.
You said if we didn't go to the concerts and told him why.
Just not going would have done it's damage.
Michael is a pro yes, but we are talking about an ultra sensitive person.
He wears his heart on his sleeve most of the time.

Read the whole post.
You said if we didn't go to the concerts and told him why.
Just not going would have done it's damage.
Michael is a pro yes, but we are talking about an ultra sensitive person.
He wears his heart on his sleeve most of the time.

I said we should´ve spoken our mind about the lip-syncing when it first startet early in the 90s with his TV performances.

If he had seen for example our reactions about the Black and White performance at MTV and he would ´ve read many letters where we said to him" Mike I love your Black or White Performance at MTV but please please Dear Mike sing live in the future I´m in love with your voice your performances are much better with live vocals" he would´ve get back to live singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back