MJ lip-syncing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may pull a GOT TO BE THERE kind of comment, but I always thought the ELIZABETH, I LOVE YOU performance, was live.

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTBQzuD9u4

Prince is over 50 and singing this ballad live at the Jay Leno Show. He sings like an angel. Why was Michael even lip-syncing his ballads like Heal the World? I don´t get it. Heal the World isn´t even a difficult song to sing. Listen to this prince song it´s much much more difficult to sing and he sings it of course live.

my point was that nobody cared from the audience response at the mtv awards. much of it was lipsynched but the crowd went wild because youre seeing mj live in action. likewise from the clip of madonna doing the headstand. shes singing upside down yet its pitch perfect. no huffing. no puffing. i mean you cant pull off moves like that on stage without a bit of backing help

ARTY AND KRISM

you two are so gonna get shouted at............

if anyone comes in the room and sees you two vying for the worst MJ lip sync performance they will be hiring a newly unemployed Dr to take care of you.

omg I am gonna hide in the corner, some stuff is gonna be flying around the room.

This thread isn't about blaming Michael or attacking Michael. It's about your opinion on his use of miming.
I don't understand why not liking an *aspect* of his performance at a certain time in his career (the lip syncing) makes one a bad fan!

Seriously, this makes me sad.

I am no huge Madonna fan, have most of her cds though BUT big respect to her fitness levels. The press always pick pics of her arms etc but look at most women round the streets at her age.....

my point was that nobody cared from the audience response at the mtv awards. much of it was lipsynched but the crowd went wild because youre seeing mj live in action.

You forget an important point They went crazy because they were there seeing him perfrom so of cause they wen crazy. 14 years later if you watch this performance on TV then it´s a whole different story and then you see OH no live vocals not so good anymore......

the thing is im all for lipsynching. i have been since probably the 90s. to me all that matters is the performance. whatever the artist has to do to bring that to the vision that they have for that tour or song or awards show, thats up to them. ultimately its up to the fans whether they accept that or not but i would rather have michael or whoever lipsynch certain songs than not be able to do the song.

well other fans might have different opinions but i still love the performance even if its partly lipsynch because ultimately it was a nice medley of songs and michael was clearly having fun on stage and thats always cool to see and one of the things that always makes it different each time around is how the fans react.

You forget an important point They went crazy because they were there seeing him perfrom so of cause they wen crazy. 14 years later if you watch this performance on TV then it´s a whole different story and then you see OH no live vocals not so good anymore......

I really don't care too much if Mike lip-synced. If he did he probably had a good reason for it.

Of course I like him live, improvising etc, who doesn't?

But let's face it, when you're in a stadium with 50.000+ people, see this amazing show, do you really think you can tell if he's lip-syncing? No, unless you're at the front row, and even then I would doubt it....

We *believe* we can tell now because we have a number of the History performances online now (nobody can tell for sure if the audio was mixed etc...)

The show is amazing at any time and just for that I would pay!

Let's face it, the end of the Dangerous show with MITM and Mike flying of the stage with his jet pack is just amazing! This was 17 years ago and unheard of, it was simply amazing!

It was my first concert at age 10 and I was amazed by the whole show! History was amazing as well, however the acoustics in the Amsterdam Arena were terrible :(

I have a question how do you defend that Mike was lip syncing for the most part of his last 16 years to new fans? I mean when I´m going to play the 1991 MTV performance of Black or White or the 1995 performance and the person who is now interested in Mike of course he is going to ask" ?? This sounds just like the CD he is lip-syncing right?"
And then you must say" Yeah he is lipsyncing"
Than the person of course ask you "Why was he lipsyncing?""

So what do you say to such a question. I mean he wasn´t dancing like crazy at he Black or white, The Will you be there 1991 MTV performance neither was he during You
´re not alone.

the way I see it is Torvill & Dean who are both about 50 cannot recreate the full routine of Bolero, however they can come close and they throw in little dupes to cover the pieces they cant do.

They are two very very fit athletes and yet they still have to fool the audience slightly.

People have to make allowances for age for health issues and other things we may not know about.

If someone of the calibre of Michael Jackson chooses to lip sync then I trust in his judgement and I make no judgement of him doing that because of his incredible talent and incredible career. Allowances have to be made.

And it is a priviledge just to be in the same venue as him yet alone cast down opinions on technically how he should do things.

I still stand by my opinion that no matter what he did at TII I would have loved every moment, would have fully absorbed it and would have been thankful to be there.

His illnesses and life had affected him, as they do with many people who still set out to do things they had done before. If someone wants to do something, let them do it. If its not as it was before and you're not happy knowing it then dont go.

There are many people out there who have suffered things which may affect them differently to how they were before - sometimes in life we just have to accept things and if the people are happy and the person is happy then just let them get on with it.

Its not that important in the big scheme of things. Its not that important when people are having such major things affect their lives and destroy lives.

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTBQzuD9u4

Prince is over 50 and singing this ballad live at the Jay Leno Show. He sings like an angel. Why was Michael even lip-syncing his ballads like Heal the World? I don´t get it. Heal the World isn´t even a difficult song to sing. Listen to this prince song it´s much much more difficult to sing and he sings it of course live.

Uh Oh. Don't bring up Prince to an already touchy MJ crowd :lol:. One thing though. All singers are not created equal. People's voices ages differently. There are some artists who still sound very good despite there age(Stevie Wonder is one person that tops my list in that regard. Prince's falsetto sounds good as well, but he has lost some registers). There artists who voices suffer due to aging. Some artists, no matter how healthy they live, just lose some registers as they age.

GET OVER IT.

you dont know what he was thinking or feeling when he decided to mime his songs.

AND FROM WHAT I CAN SEE IN THIS THREAD. ITS ALL ONE SIDED ANYWAY.

I don't really have an opinion on the lip-synching. Michael proved he could sing well and that he could also do it live. If I had gone to one of his concerts, I doubt I would care if he lip-synched. I would just be blown away by watching him perform.

i dont feel i have to defend to others whether something was lipsynched. to me its all part of the performance like ive said. but playing devils advocate for a second just say okay lipsynching is bad (which i dont believe it is). even if they are lipsynching, each performance is different, even a little. the energy from the performer can vary each night, same with the audience. so each times its art and youre seeing the artist at work

. Prince's falsetto sounds good as well, but he has lost some registers).

Did you even watch the video?? He has lost some registers? Watch the video again and then tell me what kind of note he hits on the high part.

.....and lets face it how many of us have been to concerts we thought were live, and then someone has told us the whole thing was lip sync'd.....

I agree with the above, most people havent got a clue. And its only when the dvd comes out and people start analysing that it comes forth.

Personally I have been more pished off when the artist has turned up two hours late..............and then when the crowd boo them they say 'they cant be arsed'........

.....or when they come on for fourty minutes, go off, we all stand there thinking its an interval and the flipping lights come up.........

then there was the time I saw Bob Dylan, he fell asleep on the stage........ I would have been delighted if he had been awake to lip sync...

Or when went to see Robbie Williams after he had broke up with the All Saints girl who unbeknown to the audience had just had an abortion and he spent all night flushing dolls down the toilet, crying on stage and just singing and talking with venom. Now that was one stunned audience.............

Did you even watch the video?? He has lost some registers? Watch the video again and then tell me what kind of note he hits on the high part.

I watched the video live :lol:. Falsetto =/= chest voice. As I said before, his falsetto is still good, but he can't hit the same chest voice notes like back in the 80s. You won't hear him screaming like he did on "Something in the Water(Does Not Compute)". Not taking anything away from the man. He's one of my favorite artists.

.....and lets face it how many of us have been to concerts we thought were live, and then someone has told us the whole thing was lip sync'd.....

Hmm I saw Prince live I saw Paul Mccartney live I saw Roger Cicero live I saw Bruce Springsteen live I saw David Bowie live I saw Tina Turner live but I´ve never had the experience you´ve mentioned above I´m sorry for you.

Which concert that you went you´ve thought it was live and then later found out it wasn´t?

I watched the video live :lol:. Falsetto =/= chest voice. As I said before, his falsetto is still good, but he can't hit the same chest voice notes like back in the 80s. You won't hear him screaming like he did on "Something in the Water(Does Not Compute)". Not taking anything away from the man. He's one of my favorite artists.

So wrong I saw him sing the beautiful ones afew years ago. He was screaming even better than in the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back