MJ lip-syncing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Joey;-)

By the way for all those "lip-syncing lovers" this is the real raw Michael -Mike with a powerful voice check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4btBLa9Q1yg&feature=player_embedded

and you´ll see nothing can compare to a real live performance. This performance of This place Hotel destroys in my opinion the whole History Concert. I rather watch this performance over and over again than watching the entire Playback History Tour.

Thanks Joey;-)

By the way for all those "lip-syncing lovers" this is the real raw Michael -Mike with a powerful voice check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4btBLa9Q1yg&feature=player_embedded

and you´ll see nothing can compare to a real live performance. This performance of This place Hotel destroys in my opinion the whole History Concert. I rather watch this performance over and over again than watching the entire Playback History Tour.

Yes, that and this one for me:

But to be fair, those concerts were totally different than the Dangerous + History tours, which were much more visual. Still, I prefer when he'd sing live.

Yes, that and this one for me:

But to be fair, those concerts were totally different than the Dangerous + History tours, which were much more visual. Still, I prefer when he'd sing live.

Good choice I love all the Rock with you live performances.

As I can remember,later on,around 2000 or so,Prince was asked if he and MJ had a fight,who would win.And he answered that MJ is a lover not fighter and we shouldn't underestimated MJ because MJ is very smart. Sth along that line,there is a clip of it but I can't find it right now

Oh thanks for the info :D

^ That Remember the Time rehearsal is SO GOOD.

Haha, at the end: "...what happens here?.....heeeeeeeeee"

I really hope for his legacy and reputation that the This is it Movie will contain for the most part live vocals. If he mimes 2-3 songs of the 2,5 hour concert ok. But if he mimes 50 % and more it will be really a big dissapointment

wait, wait, hold on a dang second there, Arty.

THIS IS IT WAS A REHEARSAL, okay?

I think we need to lower our expectations there a bit.

geez :rolleyes:

MSG was mainly lip synched - well the solo set was competely. Only the J5 was sung live and I have to say, at the risk of being attacked here, I wasn't impressed with his live vocals. I think of myself as a singer (I came second in a singing contest run by this board back on 05 - BTW never received my prize for that hmmm lol) and I thought his vocals sounded strained and tired when he did sing live. Personally I think with all that dancing, unless you are super fit, that will happen to the best of us. No one else dances in their shows to the level that Michael did and that's why I think the decision was made that he would lip sync most of the songs and go live just at the end of the songs. You could always see his signal to the sound people when he was going live.

For those who are unsure when he was lip-syncing and not cos I am seeing a bit of arguing here, the tell tale signs were a) the quality was TOO GOOD to be live b) the vocal melody exactly matched the album - when he did sing live, he would ad-lib alot c) he could cover his mouth a lot whilst lip-syncing

Anyway even though I am a singer and MJ vocals are important to me, I would have taken a concert with lip-syncing just to see that incredible dancing. MJ was a multi-faceted artist and singing was only 1 part of it. I wouldn't sacrifice a whole tour for the sake of the singing.

he also didn't lip-synch the Britney TWYMMF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-irNHbX090M

he sounds awesome there... Britney totally massacres the thing.

also, this is an amateur vid of the end... watch Part II where he sings a little bit of Rock My World. he still had the voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0yX...AFE3AC99&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=17

"Come on give it to me"............I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!! Michael's voice is soooo strong in these clips. T4P!!!

Oh man....I love that clip. Don't mean to go off-topic here, but I always wondered why this song wasn't included in the Dangerous tour setlist (except on special dates).

Back on topic lol....like I said before, I don't like the lipsyncing at all, but I would've loved to have attended a History tour show regardless....just to be there and see him would've been a dream come true, even though I know I would've been disappointed that he wasn't singing live much...but still it would've been great to see.

This is my theory has to why Michael lip synced alot on the HIStory Tour.

During the times of the Dangerous Tour at has been said that Michael was having Laryngitis and during those times it was really hard for him to sing live because he found it painfull. So for him to sing live he would take painkillers but during this time he became addicted to killers. So when the HIStory tour come around Mike couldn't sing live a great deal because if he did it could have really damaged his voice to possibly the point where he could never sing again and on the HIStory tour he may have been afraid to take painkillers just incase he became addicted again.

On Live from Bucharest he does lip-sync when a song's dance routine was fast moving, which is understandable. He needed the air! But he also sang live. I think it was 85% live and 15% lip-sync. I have absolutely no problem with that. He's the best performer ever. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:
On Live from Bucharest he does lip-sync when a song's dance routine was fast moving, which is understandable. He needed the air! But he also sang live. I think it was 85% live and 15% lip-sync. I have absolutely no problem with that. He's the best performer ever. 'Nuff said.

Actually kinda 50% was lip synced and 50% live.
Lip synced:
Jam
Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Black or White
Will You Be There
Heal The World
Man in the Mirror

Also on the others shows he lip synced bad and twymmf :).

On Live from Bucharest he does lip-sync when a song's dance routine was fast moving, which is understandable. He needed the air!

LOL Have heard the "he does lip-sync when a song´s dance routine was fast moving"

a 1000 times. It get´s boring. Please find a better a excuse.

It so obvious the " fast moving excuse" is simply false!!!

He did lip-sync-slow ballads like Heal the World, Will you be There, Earth Song, Man in the Mirror, You´re not alone, Elisabeth I love You, Stranger in Moscow and You´re not alone etc etc.

So please if you post here an excuse at least find an original one the "fast moving" is so old news and simply wrong.

Does it even matter now?

Respect the mans legacy. Respect the work ethic. Respect what he did for us. This thread has run its course. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back