MJ lip-syncing

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. If you love him, then love him. :)

i love him but some people just don't get how lucky they were to see the man when he was alive and on stage. I hope they see now just how lucky they were to get a chance that many of his fans never got. Now they bitch an moan because he didn't sing live. Get over it. It was his choice he did it for his reasons.

Stop bitching about it and look back on it and remember what you saw. Remember WHO you saw. There is much more to Michael then just his singing.

Elton John said an artist rips off his or her audience by lip-synching. Here he slags Madonna. Then again he didn't have rigorous dance routines to perform.

^
Yes he does...

I don't really mind the lip-synching, except when it's extremely obvious like during YANA when the girls faint and whatever and he still keeps on singing effortlessly... :doh:

Never bothered me. Because he makes up for it with his performance and stage presence. It's a show.

Besides, if his mic was on during "You Are Not Alone", all you'd hear would be muffled sounds and a girl screaming into Michael's face and sobbing on his shoulder. :)

The only time any other artist should lip-synch is if they are performing a complex dance routine.

How do you feel about MJ's lip syncing?

Many people I talk to claim that he is ripping his fans off by doing it. and there is no excuse for it.

But I really don't mind or care.

Honestly I think that the main reason people want to see MJ in concert is for the dance moves. NOT the vocals. I just want to see him dace and perform.

MJ is an entertainer and singing is not he most important part. We all know he can sing.

But what do you think about his lip syncing?

And why do you think he does it? I mean he sung live and danced amazingly for 30 years up until the HIStory tour.

Why do you think he started to lip sync?

And do you think it makes him less of a performer becuase of it?

I have never spoken with anyone that has ever complained about MJ Lip syncing.... didn't know lip syncing was a problem until i read this thread.

funny..... no one he has ever worked with has complained or commented about lip syncing..

dflskjdfsdjfisdfoisdfsdjifsdjflkds

Never bothered me. Because he makes up for it with his performance and stage presence. It's a show.

Besides, if his mic was on during "You Are Not Alone", all you'd hear would be muffled sounds and a girl screaming into Michael's face and sobbing on his shoulder. :)

The only time any other artist should lip-synch is if they are performing a complex dance routine.

hahahaha so true lol

Would you be dissapointed if This is it was performande with all the songs Mike lip-syncing?

After most of all History tracks were lip-synced what if a second full MJ Concert was only mimed?

We will all find out in a few weeks. So how will you react when he was lip -syncing a whole Concert after History?

Sure,he will let me down if the show is mimed 90%.50% will be okay for me.....at least more live vocals than HIStory,Mike^^

Yeah but his voice does not soud so strong as on Destiny or Triumph.

And maybe the computer helped??

yes,he is still perfect in skill,but as to his voice,its not as strong as Thriller/BAD/Dangerous,i dont know the reasons,maybe has something to do with the nose-jobs(no offence),cuz i think without nasal sound,one's voice may get weaker.

and today there is a short footage of TII on,i must say Michael seems awesome!!!!!and i do hope he sang some songs live......come on, we miss your voice,no matter its perfect or not

exactly look at these rehearsals from the Dangerous tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kicnH-hkWQo&feature=related

i guess he was lip sycing there right???

And how about this other example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHNMDJnQpA&feature=channel_page

the ones insisting on all the "MJ Lip Syncing" should quit, there are lots of Michael LIVE SINGING rehearsals
Bye, and try to KNOW BEFORE talking

I think you don't know what you are talking about... Nobody said that rehearsals aren't live.
And people insisting that MJ lip synced are correct, the entire HIStory tour was mimed.

I think you don't know what you are talking about... Nobody said that rehearsals aren't live.
And people insisting that MJ lip synced are correct, the entire HIStory tour was mimed.
You are SO wrong he didnt "mime" the "entire" History tour, he never sing a song completely entirely "mimed" he would sing live the lasts part or the midlees or the begginings, or the entire complete song like say Wanna Be Startin Somethin, the truth is Michael had health troubles during most of the History tour, he had Laryngitis, the painkillers would kill the pain of his body but not the laryingitis

I have watched it a number of times and i know he wasn't lip-syncing. His voice is breaking during loads of his songs because of the dancing but i don't really mind that. Do you think he is miming here? www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiIbb5kxceE

It's been said a few times already, but yep definitely miming here. Great performance even so.

...It´quite natural when you go to a concert you expect live vocals...

Not meaning to start another argument here, and no disrespect, but how do you explain the thousands of people that go to Britney Spears concerts then?? It's a well known fact she always mimes.

For an musician music is not considered work it´s part of his being like breathing. It´s not work!

Everyone's work is work, no matter what they do. You think if you'd been slaving away at the studio all day (and probably half the night) recording that you'd want to come home and put on a concert just so someone can have another dvd? It's like chefs spend all day/night cooking for other people, you think they want to come home and cook again? (Granted, yes there are people who do. But that's not my point, LOL). Delta Goodrem, a highly respected Australian singer/songwriter was once asked in an interview if she sings in the shower. I can't remember her exact words, but her response was something along the lines of no, because she sings all day for her job, she doesn't need to bring it home with her (or something. Don't quote me on that, hehe)

I myself LOVE my job. (I'm not revealing what it is for privacy reasons) I love going to work, and when I come home it still amazes me that I get paid to do what I do. But I still don't want to be doing it when I'm at home, on my time off. It's called time off and relaxation for a reason.

...Prince is a good guy he was always nice to Mike he never ever sad a bad word about Mikey...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Prince said the only reason the "Bad" album was called "Bad" was because there wasn't enough room on the album spine for "Pathetic"... Is this right?

As for lip-synching, I really don't care that he did it or not. I would have paid to go see him regardless. It's the overall experience. Unfortunately, this is now something I'll never get to experience. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he sang live. Absolutely. But it would bother me more if he sat behind a curtain and sang live, than if he mimed and you could see him in action.

That's just my 2 cents worth :)

I've always found it quite amusing that whilst Janet and Madonna and Britney get a hard time for lip-synching, MJ never has. It's as if nobody is really aware that he does it, outside of his core fanbase. Even when people talk about Motown 25, nobody ever mentions the fact that he's miming.

Of course I would rather him sing live, but with Michael, you are in the presence of such greatness that it really doesn't matter. I mentioned Motown 25 for example... I mean, look at the mans feet during that performance! Nobody cared that he was miming, his whole body was clearly FEELING the music in a way no other performer has the ability to do.

I do feel uneasy watching him lip-synch very old vocals, for example when he does the OTW medley on the HIStory tour. It just looks stupid watching a 38 year old man pretend to sing a vocal from when he was 19. I wish he'd pre-recorded his vocals on those tracks when performing them in later years. He did this with TWYMMF and Beat It on MSG.

Quick question whilst we're on the subject - how much of the set he did with his brothers at MSG was live? It all sounds live to me, although I have suspicions about Can You Feel It...

I do feel uneasy watching him lip-synch very old vocals, for example when he does the OTW medley on the HIStory tour. It just looks stupid watching a 38 year old man pretend to sing a vocal from when he was 19.

Funny that you mention that. I was rewatching that medley yesterday and felt a bit weird about it, too. Since we know his vocals were pretty different during HIStory compared to Off The Wall, seeing him lip-sync these older songs "felt" kind of odd. But then again, this is Mike. If the singing isn't all there, he has his dancing to back it up. I thought his dancing during that bit definitely made up for it, seeing as he had done it just like he had in the late 70s/early 80s.

Quick question whilst we're on the subject - how much of the set he did with his brothers at MSG was live? It all sounds live to me, although I have suspicions about Can You Feel It...

I believe Can You Feel It and I Want You Back may have been prerecorded.

The dancing is superb on the OTW medley for sure. I hope that when TII comes out, if they show footage of MJ doing DSTYGE and other older songs, that MJ at least bothered to pre-record something that looks believable. If they have him at 50, miming to a vocal from 1979, I will seriously cringe.

I always suspected CYFI was mimed during MSG.... it just sounds too perfect. Saying that, Shake Your Body is awesome and I have complete faith that he is 100% live during that performance. I love his ad-libs at the end. He sounds so raw and funky.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Prince said the only reason the "Bad" album was called "Bad" was because there wasn't enough room on the album spine for "Pathetic"... Is this right?

As I can remember,later on,around 2000 or so,Prince was asked if he and MJ had a fight,who would win.And he answered that MJ is a lover not fighter and we shouldn't underestimated MJ because MJ is very smart. Sth along that line,there is a clip of it but I can't find it right now

I agree with the OTW medley. He could have re-recorded those tracks, he actually did re-record the DON'T STOP intro for the VMA'S 95 MEDLEY.

As for the MSG, I think they just worked the vocals, for example, if you watch the STICKY AND SWEET version that was televised, you may think MADONNA is miming, but it was not like that when watching the real deal. I went to the MSG, and the vocals for the whole JACKSON PART seemed to be really live, but it was not the case for the solo part, where it was clearly lyp-synch.

People have to understand that Michael has been singing for years. That's alot and wear and tear on your vocal cords. He should be able to lip-sync after all these years. We all know he can sing. People expect soo much from him and think about it, what 40 year old man you know that sings and dances? He's a wonderful entertainer and the History was a good concert whatever he lacked he made up in putting on an amazing concert!

I Love MJ...But, The History Tour Turns me 200% OFF!!!
I Hate It !
It saddens me to think that he would even put on such a fake extravaganza..

I've always found it quite amusing that whilst Janet and Madonna and Britney get a hard time for lip-synching, MJ never has. It's as if nobody is really aware that he does it, outside of his core fanbase. Even when people talk about Motown 25, nobody ever mentions the fact that he's miming.

Of course I would rather him sing live, but with Michael, you are in the presence of such greatness that it really doesn't matter. I mentioned Motown 25 for example... I mean, look at the mans feet during that performance! Nobody cared that he was miming, his whole body was clearly FEELING the music in a way no other performer has the ability to do.

I do feel uneasy watching him lip-synch very old vocals, for example when he does the OTW medley on the HIStory tour. It just looks stupid watching a 38 year old man pretend to sing a vocal from when he was 19. I wish he'd pre-recorded his vocals on those tracks when performing them in later years. He did this with TWYMMF and Beat It on MSG.

I think the Jacksons music was all sung live. TWYMMF was sung live with Britney Spears. It was not all lip sing. Billy Jean was obviously was, but I tend to believe the recording was suitable for the moment. The other solo stuff was a combination, I believe.

You are SO wrong he didnt "mime" the "entire" History tour, he never sing a song completely entirely "mimed" he would sing live the lasts part or the midlees or the begginings, or the entire complete song like say Wanna Be Startin Somethin, the truth is Michael had health troubles during most of the History tour, he had Laryngitis, the painkillers would kill the pain of his body but not the laryingitis

You're contradicting yourself. First you say he sang live, then you say he couldn't sing live because of health reasons. The HIStory tour sounds 99% mimed. The tracks sound just like the CD. I personally loath it when an artist fakes it. Mick Jagger is like 70 yrs old and struts around the stage and always sings live. Stop making excuses. Songs like Stranger in Moscow, You Are Not Alone, Smile, etc don't require much movement. And James Brown, Prince, and Jackie Wilson all dance during the show and sing live.

Michael could perfectly sing live and dance at the same time here a little proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP1-hWSGfkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VNw23G_ogM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kicnH-hkWQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LLiBbAFY4k&feature=related

i decided to show this cause you can clearly hear him only without all the people of the crowd yelling, cause this are rehearsals:yes:

No one says he can't sing live, just that he mimed the HIStory tour. You're creating an argument that isn't there to deflect the truth from the issue. Denial isn't only a river in Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back