Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
A new video promoting Michael Jackson’s Vision as a special “Platinum Edition” suggests Sony are planning to release a special new 2-CD / 2-DVD box set.

This is to be confirmed.

Video Promo will be uploaded soon.

Keep waiting...

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

maybe it'll be HIStory-like.

1 album 1 greatest hits...

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Hi,
*at the moment* last week of November is still the main option. Of course everything can change in a minute. About the album, all we can say at the moment is what Sony tells: it's a NEW album. They are *specific* speaking about it. The same album Michael was 80% ready to put on the market before his death. Of course everyone can say *They're just promoting...*, and of course that's not meaning we, the fans, could already know a few songs inside the album.

About the deadline to be in time for the end of November, don't worry. It's far away. Sony can put the album in stores in a couple of weeks or so.... after 10 November and no specific news about the project we'll know that November release has gone. (hoping to know something specific before :D)
Probably, the best result of this situation could be the single and the album will be out near same time.... we'll see....

hmm.... about "Platinum Edition".... i don't know nothing... just asking but nobody knows nothing about *at the moment*. The Estate was indecided 'til the end about 3 discs or a 2 dvd boxset (depending on the contents) for VISION, then choosed a 3dvd boxset. So... I will be not surprised if some kind of "collector" ed. will follow... just business.

Hope to know more soon...

Ele74

Eleonora74;3025600 said:
Hi,
*at the moment* last week of November is still the main option. Of course everything can change in a minute. About the album, all we can say at the moment is what Sony tells: it's a NEW album. They are *specific* speaking about it. The same album Michael was 80% ready to put on the market before his death. Of course everyone can say *They're just promoting...*, and of course that's not meaning we, the fans, could already know a few songs inside the album.

About the deadline to be in time for the end of November, don't worry. It's far away. Sony can put the album in stores in a couple of weeks or so.... after 10 November and no specific news about the project we'll know that November release has gone. (hoping to know something specific before :D)
Probably, the best result of this situation could be the single and the album will be out near same time.... we'll see....

hmm.... about "Platinum Edition".... i don't know nothing... just asking but nobody knows nothing about *at the moment*. The Estate was indecided 'til the end about 3 discs or a 2 dvd boxset (depending on the contents) for VISION, then choosed a 3dvd boxset. So... I will be not surprised if some kind of "collector" ed. will follow... just business.

Ele74

THANKYOU Ele74… :D

It'd be cool if they're waiting to release it on November 30th… :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I didn't know that the album will be filled with songs that Michael wanted to release during this is it tour or after. So it will contain songs from 2007-2009??

Hi,

Ele74
Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Hi Ele,

thanks for the info, yep i think just because there is still very final details being done people get hung up that Sony could not get the album to shops for end Nov , Vince got changed loads of times and was 1 week away from release until finally Michael was happy.
I think that its good that so much care and attention is going into the work. SO SO much respect for our Michael!

Terry

Thanks for the update.
I don't doubt your sincerity Ele74, but I don't believe the information about this being the album MJ had 80% complete when he died.
I'm sure you're just telling us what has been relayed from the Estate/Sony.

They clearly want to market the album as MJ's unfinished 'comeback' album and personally I always thought that would be a good idea to generate more interest and more sales. BUT I don't believe that is the truth, and I don't think the public or media will fall for it. Consider how long this album has taken to put out. IF it was 80% completed when MJ died there is no way it would have taken this long, and I'm sure most people will realise that. Perhaps if they had released it in November/December 2009, or even early 2010 we could have believed them.

Just to reiterate. I do believe this is a good marketting strategy, but only if they can pull it off without people realising it's false.

Thanks for the update Ele.

Yeah, I have to agree that this album won't really be the 80% that was intended for the new album. Couple things: The RedOne tracks never got finished. There were 3 completed Will.I.Am songs but up to 8 were drafted. There were over 10 songs Ne-Yo penned that never got recorded. Not sure if any of the T-Pain songs got finished. And that's only what we know about. Not including any other songs Michael never finished or started that he would have written on his own.

I must say I am almost certain Hold My Hand will be making the album. If they want to keep the album current, that's a completed track.

Also, I wonder if A Place With No Name is going to be on the album or left off. I am beginning to think it won't be on there.

"The same album Michael was 80% ready to put on the market before his death. "
I really hope this is true. The album will be awesome.

Thanks for the update.
I don't doubt your sincerity Ele74, but I don't believe the information about this being the album MJ had 80% complete when he died.
I'm sure you're just telling us what has been relayed from the Estate/Sony.

Sure, if you read my post, I told you here:
Of course everyone can say *They're just promoting...*, and of course that's not meaning we, the fans, could already know a few songs inside the album.

:smilerolleyes:
Ele74

Well I look at it this way:

Would you rather get an announcement now and then later find out that the album isn't ready and needs to be pushed back? Or wait longer for an announcement but have it be correct without any delay?

I'd rather the Estate and Sony get everything in order before we hear anything. And once announced, I bet everything will pretty much come quickly.

I'd like an announcement now.

I think it'd be fairly irresponsible and unlikely for Sony to announce something that isn't ready for announcement yet.

I think it'd be fairly irresponsible and unlikely for Sony to announce something that isn't ready for announcement yet.

Thinking about it I would agree, rather have the correct information at a later date, than having an announcement now and being let down or disappointed.

Wow this place is getting pretty busy!

Even if the album isn't ready yet, they (Sony & The Estate) should at least come out and say yes something is in the works, and give us some more details. An album title and a short track list wouldn't be out of the question.

I remember when HIStory was on it's way, they announced the album title, and some of the song titles that were coming. They didn't release the whole track listing right away, but just enough to keep the fans interest up.

That's what needs to be done now IMO

^ Well we do have the Rolling Stone article. Besides, I like the "shock and awe" way to do things. Michael always liked the element of surprise. When it's ready, make an announcement to get everyone talking and then drop a single right away followed shortly by the album. The single could debut at #1. I think we're going to see chart domination. I can't wait.

*does the impatient dance* I just want it already!!! lol

Same here Ginny. I need me some new MJ songs. My cd collection is getting worn out. I need something new! lol

Personally the new album is a 'nice to have' not a 'need to'. I could listen to Mikes back catalogue for the rest of my life and never get bored.

This waiting is taking too long,

lol demands are not the way to get what you want.

Re: Plans for brand new album to be released soon

Kravitz Track To Lead Jackson's New Album

Source: Contact Music/
11 March 2010 22:13

The first album of new MICHAEL JACKSON material since the King of Pop's death last year (09) will be led by a track he recorded with LENNY KRAVITZ for his INVINCIBLE release.

Jackson cut the track because he felt it was "too rocky" for the album, but now producers have decided it's the best unreleased tune from the pop superstar's recent back catalogue.

And Kravitz reveals it was amazing to work with his idol, "It was a blessing... I got to work with this cat and we had so much fun. We laughed all day long; he's a funny, funny dude, and the work ethic was serious... We had a lot of respect for each other. It's a beautiful memory.
"It's (song) really about how his life has been so incredible, and, without God, it wouldn't be so."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/kravitz-track-to-lead-jacksons-new-album_1135117
This picture was made by me usind corel draw.
Just to honor my dear friend Michael.

Here is my profile in michaeljackson.com:
http://www.michaeljackson.com/br/users/mauriciocode

Black Eyed Peas just uploaded their new single on dipdive. It's terrible.
It will be so refreshing for people who only listen to mainstream to finally hear quality music, by MJ.

Can't wait to hear Michael's album!

Back