Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

If the album was completely finished I could see it on the shelves in a month's time. However if the musicians are still recording the tracks a November release becomes highly unlikely as there will be still the process of mixing and mastering.

so when do you think it will be released? in december or in january when the trial starts so fans can be distracted by the music?

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

They should name the album "Mayhem" because that's what is going on right now....from Sony waiting on the Estate, to the Estate taking their time, to the lack of info us fans are receiving....it's causing Mayhem everywhere...EVERYWHERE I TELL YOU!

lol

calm down Prince take a deep breath lol it'll be ok

I'm actually quite serious. I've always like the name "Mayhem" for an album title. I even pitched it while we waited for "Invincible" to be named. :)

lol well like all mj albums i think it should be the title of one of the songs.

so when do you think it will be released? in december or in january when the trial starts so fans can be distracted by the music?

first of all prelim - if not delayed- is set to happen on january. if the judge says there's enough evidence to go to trial, the start of the trial will be at least several months later. (there are several other steps that needs to happen before a trial such as jury selection)

plus the outcome of the trial is determined by the evidence, judge, lawyers and the 12 jurors. Attention span of the fans or public has no effect on the outcome.

and lastly why would a new music will be distraction? Are people that one dimensional? People can multi-task. I don't know about other people but I can hit play and still continue to follow the trial (as well as work and do housework and etc etc).

Smooth knows something very interesting about new album. Please smooth don't be selfish and share your informations with us.

Thanks for the update, Gaz!!!

Gaz,

Thank you.

lol Thanks gaz well heres hoping for december lol

A couple of weeks on top of a 9 year wait for an album is nothing. And it's not a delay as no official dates have ever been stated.

hate to agree with tony but hes right.

Last edited:

A couple of weeks on top of a 9 year wait for an album is nothing. And it's not a delay as no official dates have ever been stated.

Your signature is so bad it's good.

Thank you Gaz!

What's the email address for the Estate and/or John McClain?

Thanks Gaz, I think it would be nice to get some idea when we can expect this album

I read this thread regularly, patiently waiting, watching the "official statement dates" come and go and now I am losing hope for an end of November release. Especially when other big artists who are releasing their albums on Nov 22 have their singles playing on radio, have announced their album track list and have released artwork.
I know its not impossible for a November release but can't help thinking they would be pushing it. Rushing a single release and other promo. Its October 20th... we have a month to go. Tracks seem to be just getting finalised now.... I just can't see it. I hope I'm wrong.

It would be really great to hear something from the estate or Sony, even if they say that the album will be due in March next year. I'd happily wait. Its just this sitting in limbo, not knowing... its driving me crazy.

now.... i am foaming at the mouth for news... just not in the literal sense lol.

this has gotten me excited again Gaz is there any way we may be able to get the address for the Estate?

first of all prelim - if not delayed- is set to happen on january. if the judge says there's enough evidence to go to trial, the start of the trial will be at least several months later. (there are several other steps that needs to happen before a trial such as jury selection)

plus the outcome of the trial is determined by the evidence, judge, lawyers and the 12 jurors. Attention span of the fans or public has no effect on the outcome.

and lastly why would a new music will be distraction? Are people that one dimensional? People can multi-task. I don't know about other people but I can hit play and still continue to follow the trial (as well as work and do housework and etc etc).

They are doing EVERYTHING THEY CAN to distract fans. You may see it that way, but being distracted does not make someone one dimensional. Michael was distracted big time during his last months, and he DEFINATELY wasn't one dimensional. And Michael's fanbase is the whole world, and then the heavens....his fans DO have an impact.

I would get way more deeper into my explanation, but I won't because this forum is about the album.

Last edited:

Well if the album is indeed going to be released in December instead of November, that still leaves enough time for a single to be selected for release & airplay in November.

Here's hoping.

yep Prince i just hope they pick the right one. No slow ballad is going to bring the hype its GOT TO BE a strong beat and a killer dance track.

Can we remember this is the album thread and not the trial thread. I wanna see that man hung by his nuts like every other fan here but there is a thread for it.

^^Agreed. I love ballads, but they need a kick ass song to debut the album first..."Another Day" comes to mind. I would save a ballad for the 2nd or 3rd single (if they do more than 1 single for the album that is.

Can we remember this is the album thread and not the trial thread. I wanna see that man hung by his nuts like every other fan here but there is a thread for it.

^ Yes, I know. sorry about that. (even though i dnt want to see him hung like every other fan) That's why I'm not even going to continue arguing.

it's just i get really angry and sad when i think about the new new music that michael was working on that he wanted to release in early 2010 it was rumored....

Last edited:

^^Agreed. I love ballads, but they need a kick ass song to debut the album first..."Another Day" comes to mind. I would save a ballad for the 2nd or 3rd single (if they do more than 1 single for the album that is.

I agree. He has to blast through every speaker everywhere! On the other hand, Michael's first singles are almost always ballads. It's sort of a tradition - Invincible not counted.

absolutely, and I am fan since 1983 and for all my life, 3 or 4 weeks is nothing at all!
I prefere to wait more and have a very good album, and Michael as always take his time :)

yep Prince i just hope they pick the right one. No slow ballad is going to bring the hype its GOT TO BE a strong beat and a killer dance track.

Yes yes yeeessssss I'm keeping everything possible crossed that the single would be a dance track, I'd love that! It's been too long since we last time had an awesome dance beat from MJ!

^ I would love for I'm Dreamin' to be the first single. From what I gather, it's a dance track.

What I fear is this: if they really need few more days to make everything done and perfect its very ok to wait, but IMO it can be just 1-2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks at maximum as I see 13.12.2010 as tha latest possible release date cos of Xmas. More possible is 6.12.2010... But if they miss it, I doubt they will release it late december or january, cos then they will continue to improve the whole album and release it maybe in february or march if not later... and thats a long waiting...

id love for it to be out in time for the grammys. Michael so could sweep that and teach the noobs a thing or 10 about being a real star.

New album would not be elgible for the upcoming Grammy's, as it has not come out in time

2012 Grammy's. Just like Thriller was released first week of December in 1982 and won big at 1984 Grammy's.

Back