Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

All of these producers and arrangers, I guess we never think about the fact that they have things going on with their lives as well. Who knows when the Estate decided to contact them. The plan was for November but once you get all of these other people involved, things are bound to change. I'm a bit surprised that they will most likely miss out on the "Black Friday" sales for the album. Evidently, they want to take their time and feel the album is good enough so that they don't need that week for sales. Which is something to take as a positive.

We're probably looking at a Decemeber release now.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Well think you will be surprised when it does! Plus! Its great to see that the old team definetly have been working on this project. Gatica said it was Michaels intentions in the rest time between concerts Sept/Jan 2009 to have the old school team come to studio and finish all the tacks he had layed down. This is what i think has been happening with this project. Yes the estate was maybe a bit late getting all this done, or maybe just being careful, but look at what Steve says Killer Track! dont forget Vince was changed many times up to release, and eventually only went to press with a week to spare.
The estate know its important to get xmas market, so you can guarantee it will be out before xmas, although i was surprised to see this tweet. Im sure we will ge word soon.

Terry

Sony Music Southhi!
for all those wanting to know about the release of Michael Jackson's
Vision album release, it will be released on Nov 22 – simultaneous with
the world. 40videos, 10 of them previously unavailable on DVD.

<FORM id=commentable_item_1128104264_159563980744423 class="commentable_item one_row_add_box autoexpand_mode comment_form_159563980744423" onsubmit=';var d=document.documentElement;if (d.onsubmit) { return d.onsubmit(event); }else { return Event.fire(d, "submit", event); }' method=post name=add_comment action=/ajax/ufi/modify.php ajaxify="1"><INPUT value=&#8364;,´,&#8364;,´,&#27700;,&#1044;,&#1028; type=hidden name=charset_test><INPUT value=HPJLn type=hidden name=fb_dtsg autocomplete="off"><INPUT id=feedback_params value='{"actor":"138529366173057","target_fbid":"159563980744423","target_profile_id":"138529366173057","type_id":"22","source":"0","assoc_obj_id":"","source_app_id":"0","extra_story_params":[],"check_hash":"1459ccb2a6ed1daf"}' type=hidden name=feedback_params autocomplete="off"><INPUT id=post_form_id value=80d764657c574c01441196a83aa5b8ea type=hidden name=post_form_id autocomplete="off"><A title="" onclick="" href="http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=159563980744423&id=138529366173057" target=""><ABBR class=timestamp title="Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 9:26am" data-date="Wed, 20 Oct 2010 06:56:24 -0700">2 hours ago</ABBR>

via facebook--- Can anyone confirm this? I dont know if this is reputable. I dont know if they mean dvd or album.
</FORM>

Last edited:
tofdel1;3024706 said:

Sony Music South hi!
for all those wanting to know about the release of Michael Jackson's
Vision album release, it will be released on Nov 22 – simultaneous with
the world. 40 videos, 10 of them previously unavailable on DVD.

<FORM id=commentable_item_1128104264_159563980744423 class="commentable_item one_row_add_box autoexpand_mode comment_form_159563980744423" onsubmit=';var d=document.documentElement;if (d.onsubmit) { return d.onsubmit(event); }else { return Event.fire(d, "submit", event); }' method=post name=add_comment action=/ajax/ufi/modify.php ajaxify="1"><INPUT value=€,´,€,´,&#27700;,&#1044;,&#1028; type=hidden name=charset_test><INPUT value=HPJLn type=hidden name=fb_dtsg autocomplete="off"><INPUT id=feedback_params value='{"actor":"138529366173057","target_fbid":"159563980744423","target_profile_id":"138529366173057","type_id":"22","source":"0","assoc_obj_id":"","source_app_id":"0","extra_story_params":[],"check_hash":"1459ccb2a6ed1daf"}' type=hidden name=feedback_params autocomplete="off"><INPUT id=post_form_id value=80d764657c574c01441196a83aa5b8ea type=hidden name=post_form_id autocomplete="off"><A title="" onclick="" href="http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=159563980744423&id=138529366173057" target=""><ABBR class=timestamp title="Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 9:26am" data-date="Wed, 20 Oct 2010 06:56:24 -0700">2 hours ago</ABBR>

via facebook--- Can anyone confirm this? I dont know if this is reputable.
</FORM>

Thats just talking about the DVD i think

"Vision album", huh? But yeah, they're talking about the boxet.

glad to see the old players working on this. shows that those involved in creating the album at least have a clue as to how mj would want things to sound.instead of bringing in ppl that never worked with mj.

cant see the release coming this year though considering such tweets unless its right at the end of the process.but evne if songs are finished theres still other things to be done b4 a release

I personally think that while the songs are being finished that in the meantime, Sony and the Estate need to get together and start working out the album's actual cover look and the overall sales strategy. Maybe they were a bit late getting things started. But if they really want to get in on the Christmas rush, there's no better time than the present to set about making plans. That way there's no unnecessary loose ends when the songs are completed and the only things to do is send the album to be pressed and shipped to stores.

Last edited:
Vision Platinum: New Possible 2-CD Album?

A new video promoting Michael Jackson’s Vision as a special “Platinum Edition” suggests Sony are planning to release a special new 2-CD / 2-DVD box set.

This is to be confirmed.

Video Promo will be uploaded soon.

Source:
www.mjstar.com

*Navi*;3024754 said:
Vision Platinum: New Possible 2-CD Album?

A new video promoting Michael Jackson&#8217;s Vision as a special &#8220;Platinum Edition&#8221; suggests Sony are planning to release a special new 2-CD / 2-DVD box set.

This is to be confirmed.

Video Promo will be uploaded soon.

Source:
www.mjstar.com

Sounds like a greatest hits to me. :(

EDIT: Why 1 less DVD?

I doubt they'd release another greatest hits album so soon after the last one. The criticism the estate and Sony would receive from that from both the hardcore and casual fans, would be outrageous.

Hum it's clear that nothing was ready to come out when Michael was alive. There was still a lot to do...

I'm quite disappointed to know that most of the songs, maybe all, need to be reworked.

mjstar.....nuff said

This album "news" came from MJstar...which means it's 100% bull cookies.

Hopefully not. Like I need another greatest hits album.

It just can't be a greatest hits because Michael's greatest hits catalog is perfect. I think the box set must be kinda fulliest version of the whole thing. Probably the fulliest version includes original demos of the songs showing many Michael's ideas.. Sony knows what fans are expecting. They just must do it right this time around.

Seems the album will probably get delayed. Maybe for December? But I think next year is more likely. If they're still working on it I don't see it coming next month.

keep in mind that it is possible to get the track out in november. remember that mj didn't like thriller and re-did it before its release date. It is possible and has been done. Just bc they say they just finished it doesn't mean it was the WHOLE song. it could have been a small bit. dont forget what a demo sounds like. We want these songs to be reworked and up to snuff. we dont want them to sound like "Hot Street" Or Trouble do we?

Last I heard, I thought the Black Eyed Peas were coming out with their album on November 30th. I haven't heard anything about their first single or seen any cover art yet, let alone a tracklisting. This is something to keep in mind when it comes to MJ's album because that's in the same time frame.

Have we heard anything else from will.i.am? Last we heard was he was against the album. But I haven't seen any quotes from him recently regarding it.

Hum it's clear that nothing was ready to come out when Michael was alive. There was still a lot to do...

I'm quite disappointed to know that most of the songs, maybe all, need to be reworked.

I don't know about 'ready to come out', but there were much finished tracks. Or should I say finished SONGS. Usually if Michael finished a track (or worked a lot with the song) it meant he thought it might be released sooner or later if just the time is right and it fits. It's another issue if some of the sounds needs updating but I don't mind if so if just the arrangements are 'original' and it's obvious Michael's singing is always original. As far as I know there must have been at least around 60-100 unheard songs that can be released. And Sony made so huge deal it just can't be about greatest hits. There are so many greatest hits they wouldn't sell like that year after year but the new music sells because NO ONE has it before..

who cares about what Will.I.Am has to say about it it aint his. he worked WITH michael so he has no say over this album. imo anyway.

There could have been some demo's or unfinished songs that sounded like they had more amazing potential compared to songs that had been finished.

Also, Lukather mentions working on "another" killer track. Well I guess that means there's more than one killer track.

If the album was completely finished I could see it on the shelves in a month's time. However if the musicians are still recording the tracks a November release becomes highly unlikely as there will be still the process of mixing and mastering.

we shall see all we have to do is wait. i hope for november bc i would have 2 great things hitting at the same time but whatever feels right for the estate is what we have to deal with.

that would put me off buying the album:doh::doh:. Surely a pic of MJ woud be better to use.

They should use your sig as a cover and name the album "Suck it haters". Tell me that won't just be complete win :lol:

They should use your sig as a cover and name the album "Suck it haters". Tell me that won't just be complete win :lol:

you know. i am being serious here.

"suck it haters", i would have no problem with. i truly believe that would be a splendid title.

'Suck it haters' would be the best album name ever. :lol:

Back