Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Thanks for the info Eleonora!

What the hell was the point of me signing up for "Get The Latest News" on Sony's website for Michael if they didn't even email me today about "Vision."

Makes me worry about the casual fan and if they even know this DVD is coming out.

Well I just heard about it on the radio so probably many have heard about it one way or another :)

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

You can, and I wish I could be this zen-like, but I can't.

You know who's probably REALLY pissed off right now? Teddy Riley, who spent the last month and a half working overtime -- week-ends and nights -- on those new MJ tracks, all for nothing, since they might not be released for years now. I wonder if he's zen-like about this...

I'm pretty sure he doesn't care, he's in the entertainment business, so he understands how things don't always go along as planned. Fact is though, no one should be upset, because we weren't promised anything, Sony never even said anything, aside from a excerpt from a magazine interview. Everything was just purely speculation, so if it's anything to be upset about, be upset with the person in the mirror for allowing yourself to get so worked up over something that was never even officially confirmed.

It's not like Michael owed it to us to release new music, I'm sure it's a priority at Sony. And they're doing all they can to please Michael's fans, the fact that they're taking their time with this and making sure everything is perfect I think proves that.

Based on Teddy's tweets re-posted here, Teddy seems to be excited and enthusiastic about the project. He's proud that he can work on his mentor's albums. So, I don't understand why some are saying Teddy Riley is frustrated about the so-called "delay".

As a producer who worked with Michael before, Teddy knows first-hand that Michael Jackson was a perfectionist who strived for excellence.

I remember a recent interview of LL Cool J by George Lopez. LL said that recording with Michael was the best professional experience he's ever had. Keep in mind none of the his collaborations with Michael was ever released. Instead of feeling frustrated or upset, LL Cool J feels honored and grateful for the opportunity.

Fortunately, people like Teddy Riley, LL Cool J, Rodney Jerkins know how special it is to have ever worked with Michael Jackson - a musical genius that comes once in history. They know they are blessed to have that kind of professional relationship with Michael.

Often, fans are spoiled and take things for granted. When I hear comments like "what take them so long?" and "it shouldn't take this much time to do some slight tweet?", I can't help but think how presumptuous some of us are. Is there any one here ever worked in a studio recording songs? So, who are we to say how long it should take the producers and the Estate to finalize the album.

When the album is ready, we'll see it. In the meantime, take it easy, stay enthusiastic (without being overly anxious), enjoy Michael's existing catalog or some other artists music. There is no apparent reason to be angry or upset.

Guys there has been an awful lot of double posting lately. If you have something else to say and you were the last person to post please edit your last post, don't make another one. It just makes it look really messy.

Any idea what the 1st single is going to be? If it's Another Day, doesn't the Estate have studio footage of MJ and Lenny working together that they could use for the video?

I doubt it's Another Day.. I think it would be also cool to have short films based on his 'home movies' (show the world about his life) or then animated movies based on the song lyrics or his Dancing The Dream poems. I would prefer more some kind of a film with a 'manuscript' or 'message' instead of those studio sessions although they could be released too. And nothing prevents to release two short films from one song. Like one making of and another one more movie like..?

What the hell was the point of me signing up for "Get The Latest News" on Sony's website for Michael if they didn't even email me today about "Vision."

Makes me worry about the casual fan and if they even know this DVD is coming out.

:scratch:
I did get an email.

Aw, I really hope it is Another Day. Another Day is awesome.

I hope another day will be first single too.

I just wish I could rewind the time and fire DR. Murray, so today we would have had Michael putting final touches on his album and deciding about the cover, the tracklist and shooting videos.

I'm surprised there isn't more anger here at the fact the new album is being delayed to God knows when. What we've been waiting for for so long was unreleased music, and now we're getting nothing, after months of teasing. Seriously, this is the worst disappointment since that time I asked for a "Transformer" figure for Christmas, and got a freakin' "Go-Bot" instead...

Do you not know anything other than negativity!?!?:smilerolleyes:

I just wish I could rewind the time and fire DR. Murray, so today we would have had Michael putting final touches on his album and deciding about the cover, the tracklist and shooting videos.

I wish I was born 10 years earlier. I wish I lived in Europe or United States in the 80's, so I could go to his concerts.

I wish I could turn back time and drive to pick him up when his car was down, so he wouldn't have met the Chandlers.

And yes, I wish I could turn back time and fire Conrad Murray.

:cry:

i got alot of respect overall for John Mcclain. now some things over the past couple of years might be hit and miss, but John Mcclain is the truth. He is the Unknown Quincy Jones a real Mover and shaker.

without John Mcclain MJ would have been chained to Sony a whole lot longer. Mcclain freed MJ from the Sony Plantation and MJ never forgot that.

Wow :doh:, I stayed a few days without coming to the forum and thought that there would be thousands, thousands, thousands of updates on the new album. :yes: But no.... :bugeyed :unsure:

I doubt the new album will come out this year.

First of all, the estate have Murray to worry about right now. That's more important to them.

And second, this prolonged anticipation for the new album is a good way to keep fans' minds off the investigation.

Let's hope I'm wrong....

I don't see the Murray thing being a problem for the release of the album. That's what lawyers are for. They deal with the legal stuff, while the music heads deal with the albums & videos, etc.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Just read on Teddys twitter

@TeddyRiley1 how's the MJ stuff comin along?

@BadRabbitsBand Great lilbra...bout done with it. Mixing it out and back with my homes (BR)

SO he's bascially done .. Album cant be far off then !!!!!!!

Shamon !

So if teddy is done , then its all go!

Can not wait , and i bet its coming for same time or just week after DVDs , bet you also that its possibly same original time as Thrillers original release.

Terry

Good news Teddy is just about done - that's one piece of the puzzle - but we don't know how Rodney and Lenny are getting on. Also, if there are other producers we don't know about, we don't know if they're done.

So if teddy is done , then its all go!

Can not wait , and i bet its coming for same time or just week after DVDs , bet you also that its possibly same original time as Thrillers original release.

Terry

And Dangerous (=Nov 26th 1991)!!

Ok guys. I am going crazy here, I need your help.

This screenshot was posted in a Russian mj community on livejournal today. The poster didn't state the source! I searched everywhere but I couldn't find this announcement anywhere online. Has anybody here seen it? What is it? Is it a fake or the first announcement? Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone have THIS PHOTO????

001a7qft.jpg

^ SonyBMG doesn't exist anymore! LOL!

This is a fan-made photoshop, just look at the shoes and the shadow. It's a manipulated picture of a photo shooting from around 1999.

This is a fan-made photoshop, just look at the shoes and the shadow. It's a manipulated picture of a photo shooting from around 1999.

Haha, I was just about to get excited. But Korgnex has a point - no more BMG. Although I found the picture pretty convincing.

SWEET news from Teddy!

But let me just say, if the album won't show up in 2010, I think they should at least release a single at the end of the year.

oh okay :( disappointed about the photo! i thought it was real...

Had me going there as well lol!!

Yes , i think they will still release single although i still think album will be December if not same time as dvds

Terry

I hope for a late Nov/early dec release.

What picture?

What picture?

This one, I assume:

Ok guys. I am going crazy here, I need your help.

This screenshot was posted in a Russian mj community on livejournal today. The poster didn't state the source! I searched everywhere but I couldn't find this announcement anywhere online. Has anybody here seen it? What is it? Is it a fake or the first announcement? Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone have THIS PHOTO????

001a7qft.jpg

Back