Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

What the hell was the point of me signing up for "Get The Latest News" on Sony's website for Michael if they didn't even email me today about "Vision."

Makes me worry about the casual fan and if they even know this DVD is coming out.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

^ that's just effing annoying. To not be on top of things enough to email the subscriber base. Has the DVD shit been posted on facebook yet to his 21.5 million fans?

^ It has been posted on Facebook, but like you said to not update your email subscribers is unacceptable.

That's literally the easiest way to get information spread quickly to the casual fans that Michael gained after his death. Those fans aren't like you and I and aren't searching Google news and fan forums day after day for information, they might not even have his fan page on Facebook.

^The plan was a November release. I am guessing once the producers got involved, there was more work to it than what was thought. I am sure the producers like Riley are working non stop trying to make it perfect. That's what I think is the main hold up. I also think the Estate is having issues on a title and cover art.
I hate to sound negative, but this actually has me kind of skeptical about the quality of MJ's unreleased stuff. I doubt "perfecting" and putting the final touches on pre recorded songs would cause a delay at this point in the game. I think the delay might be, because most of the songs aren't that great and they are trying to figure out a way to make them passable.

Hopefully, and I mean hopefully, it's just that some really incredible ideas just came to the producers at the last minute, and there is no way for them to put them to use in the remaining time. They might have simply went up to SONY and said look "these songs are really good, but this stuff we just thought of will really make a big difference in how well this album is received."

I doubt it only, because I don't think Sony would allow the dealy for a reason such as that.

I hate to sound negative, but this actually has me kind of skeptical about the quality of MJ's unreleased stuff. I doubt "perfecting" and putting the final touches on pre recorded songs would cause a delay at this point in the game. I think the delay might be, because most of the songs aren't that great and they are trying to figure out a way to make them passable.

Let me ask you a simple question before you start questioning the quality of music you've never even heard a snippet of.

Have you listened to the unreleased tracks from The Ultimate Collection?

*In The Back, We've Had Enough, Fall Again, etc?

Michael's demos are better than most of the music people have released as "hit singles" over the last decade.

If editing Michael's unreleased material is a time consuming task it's not because Michael left mediocre music behind, it's because the people working on this project respect and appreciate Michael enough to be delicate and finish these tracks with the same integrity and perfection that Michael himself would have.

Let me ask you a simple question before you start questioning the quality of music you've never even heard a snippet of.

Michael's demos are better than most of the music people have released as "hit singles" over the last decade.

If editing Michael's unreleased material is a time consuming task it's not because Michael left mediocre music behind, it's because the people working on this project respect and appreciate Michael enough to be delicate and finish these tracks with the same integrity and perfection that Michael himself would have.
Killer post. Well said.

Yeah I know and I've made the same argument, when people here have said the songs were probably unreleased for a reason. While I don't like Fall Again, and I think In the Back is just a mediocre okay song, I also feel that We've Had Enough, Escape, Shout, and Sunset Driver are all incredible songs. In addition Smooth Criminal was almost cut from the Bad album. Who is it was cut from the Bad album. Earthsong was cut from Dangerous. These facts have kept me confident all the way up untill five minutes ago.

The delay is just making me skeptical, and despite your confident you yourself said
the quality of music you've never even heard a snippet of..

I just highly doubt editing would take this long. When they edit stuff it never takes that long. So it's making me skeptical. The 250 million or whatever deal with Sony still gives me hope though, because you'd think they wouldn't pay that kind of money for songs that aren't that good. However I know from past experience that Sony is sometimes quite stupid when it comes time to decide between letting artists shine and putting a leash on them.

^ The producers just started working on the album in August at the earliest.

Sorry if my post came off as hostile, it's just if the fans don't keep faith in these projects they will fail.

The only thing that kept the media from tearing Michael apart after his death was the global community showed an outpour of love for him. Had the global community laughed and joked about Michael dying, or simply changed the channel they would have thrown up headlines in every paper "Fans Turn Back On Jack0 in Death."

To keep it simple the success of Michael's projects from here on out depend on you and I. If Michael's most loyal fans aren't supportive of these projects word of mouth will spread and the casual fan and possible new fans will just question "if his fans aren't buying it, then it must be terrible."

I don't know about everyone else, but I DID receive an email update from michaeljackson.com for Vision. Screenshot:
TWITTA.jpg

Someone explain to me how come that this other guy who was apparently banned (I even didn't know that), has known from the very beginning that the album wasn't due for November at all?

Either he lied and was just taking his chances or he actually has had the best sources all along in higher management hierarchy who actually already knew all about the real date of release --which was according to him for March 2011.

Now, from a marketing point of view, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Michael's last studio album came out in 2001. Which means that 2011 makes it a perfect period for promotion. Can you imagine the publicity: "After ten years of absence, the brand new album is available, with new sound, blah, blah...".

It's amazing how people will rather believe a good news than the most plausible news.

This is absolute no bickering or accusation, but each time Smooth transmitted the "news", each time the project or the announcement is postponed. As far as I am concerned, I don't really care, because I can wait, i've been a fan since 1987 and I've learned how to wait. However, if the album comes out in March 2011 as this other guy predicted, either he's a prophet or damn lucky or as a matter of fact has a real source, which would mean that Smooth's source is either unexistant or existant but simply worthless.

My worry is not the songs themselves actually. It's just that I don't trust the producers. Quite frankly, I don't think they trust themselves either when they want to do MJ justice without his guidance.

I'm excited, but slightly worried at the same time. I don't think that's unordinary is it?

Someone explain to me how come that this other guy who was apparently banned (I even didn't know that), has known from the very beginning that the album wasn't due for November at all?

Either he lied and was just taking his chances or he actually has had the best sources all along in higher management hierarchy who actually already knew all about the real date of release --which was according to him for March 2011.

Now, from a marketing point of view, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Michael's last studio album came out in 2001. Which means that 2011 makes it a perfect period for promotion. Can you imagine the publicity: "After ten years of absence, the brand new album is available, with new sound, blah, blah...".

It's amazing how people will rather believe a good news than the most plausible news.

This is absolute no bickering or accusation, but each time Smooth transmitted the "news", each time the project or the announcement is postponed. As far as I am concerned, I don't really care, because I can wait, i've been a fan since 1987 and I've learned how to wait. However, if the album comes out in March 2011 as this other guy predicted, either he's a prophet or damn lucky or as a matter of fact has a real source, which would mean that Smooth's source is either unexistant or existant but simply worthless.
It obviously was due for November. Because that's the release date that the online stores have.

It obviously was due for November. Because that's the release date that the online stores have.

But it does not prove that this other guy had better sources than even the shops. But let's wait and see. Honestly if it comes out in March I would really think twice before considering this other guy as a fraud or liar.

But it does not prove that this other guy had better sources than even the shops. But let's wait and see. Honestly if it comes out in March I would really think twice before considering this other guy as a fraud or liar.
March? No way. They won't wait that long.

Just Awesome:clapping:

Well, a couple of months less or more, it doesn't make any difference since 2001.

I got the email too.

I got the email like everyone else too. But it seems like a video DVD pack. What happen to the 10 track album? Did I miss something?

If they release the new album in 2011, then that would coincide with the Crique (reality) show, the 10 year anniversary of his LAST studio album (as Bumper Snippet said, think of the promotion for THAT) and the release of the MJ experience game in the only format that I (and many others) are really waiting for...thats not to bad, another "great" year for MJ's Legacy...

I got the email like everyone else too. But it seems like a video DVD pack. What happen to the 10 track album? Did I miss something?

Tyga: no, you didn't miss anything. i was just responding to some previous posts where people were saying they were concerned about the marketing that Sony puts out, b/c they had not received an official email for the DVD set.

I was just saying that i DID receive an email for the DVD set, so i'm sure they will send one out when they have a press release for the CD as well.

^ that's just effing annoying. To not be on top of things enough to email the subscriber base. Has the DVD shit been posted on facebook yet to his 21.5 million fans?

Yes i have seen someone on facebook post bout it.

Tyga: no, you didn't miss anything. i was just responding to some previous posts where people were saying they were concerned about the marketing that Sony puts out, b/c they had not received an official email for the DVD set.

I was just saying that i DID receive an email for the DVD set, so i'm sure they will send one out when they have a press release for the CD as well.

Sorry, thats what I meant too.:doh:

I checked my Spam and it wasn't there either.

Maybe Gmail doesn't like Sony, I am going to sign up again though just to make sure.

Well, a couple of months less or more, it doesn't make any difference since 2001.
Very true, fans have waited almost a decade so a few more months won't hurt. It leaves a bit of a bad taste though because there has been so much news(speculation i should say) of an album coming out this year and it's very anticipated but then again so was the album in 2007 and it's not the same without Michael here to enjoy it with us..

Moulin Rouge;3017635 and it's not the same without Michael here to enjoy it with us..[/QUOTE said:
Yes it is not the same without him..:(

I'm surprised there isn't more anger here at the fact the new album is being delayed to God knows when. What we've been waiting for for so long was unreleased music, and now we're getting nothing, after months of teasing. Seriously, this is the worst disappointment since that time I asked for a "Transformer" figure for Christmas, and got a freakin' "Go-Bot" instead...

I'm surprised there isn't more anger here at the fact the new album is being delayed to God knows when. What we've been waiting for for so long was unreleased music, and now we're getting nothing, after months of teasing. Seriously, this is the worst disappointment since that time I asked for a "Transformer" figure for Christmas, and got a freakin' "Go-Bot" instead...

First, I sincerely hope that you think twice before posting your comments. Spreading anger and negativity is not what this forum is about, not real Michael Jackson fans stand for.

Second, delay according to who? How can we be "angry" at something that is never promised to us?

How many times we need to mention that any future release is a gift? Instead of feeling grateful and happy, we feel angry for no apparent reason?????

For goodness sake, we got an "official announcement" on the DVD set today, and that's not enough. The DVD is not enough to keep us exciting, now we want more. I can't believe it. :doh:

Seriously, stop behaving like our lifes depend on the album release. Say the album is not released this year, so what? To quote Bumper Snippet, are you going to run in the park naked? Are you that devastated?

Can't we just be happy for a moment that a wii game and a DVD set are released in November?

First, I sincerely hope that you think twice before posting your comments. Spreading anger and negativity is not what this forum is about, not real Michael Jackson fans stand for.

Second, delay according to who? How can we be "angry" at something that is never promised to us?

How many times we need to mention that any future release is a gift? Instead of feeling grateful and happy, we feel angry for no apparent reason?????

For goodness sake, we got an "official announcement" on the DVD set today, and that's not enough. The DVD is not enough to keep us exciting, now we want more. I can't believe it. :doh:

Seriously, stop behaving like our lifes depend on the album release. Say the album is not released this year, so what? To quote Bumper Snippet, are you going to run in the park naked? Are you that devastated?

Can't we just be happy for a moment that a wii game and a DVD set are released in November?

You can, and I wish I could be this zen-like, but I can't.

You know who's probably REALLY pissed off right now? Teddy Riley, who spent the last month and a half working overtime -- week-ends and nights -- on those new MJ tracks, all for nothing, since they might not be released for years now. I wonder if he's zen-like about this...

You can, and I wish I could be this zen-like, but I can't.

You know who's probably REALLY pissed off right now? Teddy Riley, who spent the last month and a half working overtime -- week-ends and nights -- on those new MJ tracks, all for nothing, since they might not be released for years now. I wonder if he's zen-like about this...

Shit, never thought I'd say this but Kreen u got a point about Teddy Riley. He seems to be draining himself into this project working non stop. If the album is delayed I dont imagine he'd be impressed.

Fingers crossed that they will pull it together for the planned release date, or very close to it.

Back