Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I'm not going to give any details because the details are not "100% in stone" and would be considered "hearsay" and I know how everyone here goes crazy. But I can tell you... the album has been delayed and will not be coming out the same week as the game and Vision.

With the news today about Vision, this is what I thought as well. It's delayed. And why when they had all this time to plan it is beyond me. Well I am not going to get mad. There's no reason for that. But I will say I am disappointed.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

With the news today about Vision, this is what I thought as well. It's delayed. And why when they had all this time to plan it is beyond me. Well I am not going to get mad. There's no reason for that. But I will say I am disappointed.

Have to agree, does seem like a massive missed opportunity - especially when they've been planning this album for how long now? 6months, plus??? Although I am still pumped by Vision, so it's not ALL bad news...

yep, I agree. A little bit of missed opportunity. I was hoping for video for a new single off album, but I guess thats wishful thinking. Still happy with a dvd collection though.

If this album really gets pushed back, I am going to get really thirsty for leaks. I have gone from hoping there would be no leaks to now hoping there will be leaks. We've waited so long for this material that MJ said he was working on, I just want to hear it. I'll still buy the album whenever it comes out, regardless.

If this album really gets pushed back, I am going to get really thirsty for leaks. I have gone from hoping there would be no leaks to now hoping there will be leaks. We've waited so long for this material that MJ said he was working on, I just want to hear it. I'll still buy the album whenever it comes out, regardless.

I hope nothing will leak in full.
I wouldn't mind having 15 second snippets of, let's say, five new songs. That would be amazing.

I also have a feeling that the album won't come out until next year. Seems to me if they wanted to capitalize on the holiday season, it would've been the week of the 22nd. That was the window. It wouldn't surprise me if you see the album coming out the sametime the video game launches for XBox and PS3. This gives the Estate more time to prepare the album and make sure no other releases can compete. My mind is now thinking spring next year.

I'm not going to give any details because the details are not "100% in stone" and would be considered "hearsay" and I know how everyone here goes crazy. But I can tell you... the album has been delayed and will not be coming out the same week as the game and Vision.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Err, I mean... okay. :D

Yeah, after seeing the box announcement, I got a feeling the album would be delayed. Well, I say, take your time and bring the best album possible when you are ready.

The wait... Is killing me!!!!!!!

5x32q0.jpg

Ok so where is the poster who predicted long ago (while everybody was kissing smooth's a**) that this album wouldn't be coming out this year? I think he/she deserves an apology lol. It's unfortunate but honestly not all that surprising...

I am disappointed that the estate could not manage to have the album ready for
a November release. Not enough foresight, planning and perhaps organization.
A single/album/DVD/game combination would have been terrific.

Since the pretrial is immediately after the Holiday Season, that may put a damper on
a release early next year.

I am disappointed that the complete Ghost film is not included but I am happy that
the full Black and White film, including the Panther dance is there.

Wasn't it mentioned that McClain was depending on one of the brothers to put this
together?

I just wanna know if we have the album this year or not
Since the "vision" announcement I have my doubts but who knows...
Do you think it would be too much to release the game, dvd and the album. or would it be better to release the music early next year? Maybe it's better to spread it

December is still an excellent time for the release of the new album. After the busy weeks of the game and the DVD box....

I reckon still that december willbe the month and to who said apologise to master moonwalker most of what he/she said was incorrect and even Gatica has said workin on a December release, i think this would make sense and releasing a new single to tie in with VISION and wii version of game!!

Terry

Ok so where is the poster who predicted long ago (while everybody was kissing smooth's a**) that this album wouldn't be coming out this year? I think he/she deserves an apology lol. It's unfortunate but honestly not all that surprising...

There's still December, which many of the reports from producers and such who were working on the album used as an estimated release date. Just because it may not come in November doesn't mean it won't come this year.

If the album is not released the week of Novermber 22, the album will miss Black Friday. However, it doesn't mean the album is going to miss the whole holidays shopping season. Black Friday is the start of the holidays shopping frenzy and it continues till Christmas.

If the album is released from November 22 to December 21, it is still released in the holiday shopping window.

I still wounldn't consider there is a "delay" unless the album is not available in stores by November 30.

Well Thriller was released the first week of December back in 1982. So I guess there is hope if you base it off that.

That must be Upside. He is banned for saying Smooth is a liar, being negative, etc.

Edit: He said this in the deleted thread:

Originally Posted by Upside (MJJC)
My main concern is fans being misled. No, I don't believe a "new album" will be released any time soon, and you'll see why when November comes, no album arrives and smooth_criminal05 disappears. As I've said before in this thread - and I believe this is what may have got me banned initially - I don't know why smooth_criminal05 is doing this; he either wants to keep fans happy during our first full year without Michael, or he just wants to take innocent fans on a ride. Either way, he should stop now because a lot of fans are going to be hurt in the process.

I'm not superior to anyone in this thread, nor is anyone superior to me in regards to debate. This is a discussion board and everyone should be allowed to add their input to a topic. You don't have to agree with what I'm saying, but just take it on board - you're going to need it come November time.

Last edited:

Thats what i been saying all along! Why not release his last works and last masterpiece same time as Thriller was!! Think of it!!

First there was the iconic Thriller, Now after so long waiting, the anticipation and yearning to see what Michael Jackson had planned < we give you!!

ALBUM NAME!! featuring>>> Will I am, R kelly, Akon, Teddy Riley, Etc etc!! Will this be as big , could this be as big as the best selling album of all time? Could the new works of Michael Jackson take over the music world yet again!! We give you his VISION of what he left us , now see why this iconic and truely misunderstood genius did not only own the airwaves but also the dance floors see that he truely did STILL HAVE IT!!

Get yours today! on Digital download, and CD with lenticular cover! this is a must!

:p

Terry

On a side note, the Black Eyed Peas are scheduled to release their new album around the first week of December.

Maybe it's all a plan. The DVD gets first released and shows Michael's great work and gets people exciting...then they will release the album with new material. But with a couple of weeks between the release of the dvd and album. perfect Promotion
if happening Michael will own the holidays.

^The plan was a November release. I am guessing once the producers got involved, there was more work to it than what was thought. I am sure the producers like Riley are working non stop trying to make it perfect. That's what I think is the main hold up. I also think the Estate is having issues on a title and cover art.

True about producers!! because even if you look at Teddys tweets he is shattered from working round the clock! so i am very very excited that this will come December or even on the same date as Thriller originally released!!

Can not wait, its really gettiing exciting now.

Just would love some new news about any song titles , who is actually working on this, what will be included and of course title and first single, with how many tracks! Considering that Gatica said 12-14.

The temperature is starting to rise now! I think this is what this thread and in fact the whole community is excitement and good feeling, and now i hope this will run right throughout the whole of the discussions now. Michael would want us to be happy, and i carnt wait to hear and see him in the new projects!

Terry

Just so you know, i predicted the album would be delayed BEFORE master moonwalker. no insider. no source. just observation of the information made public and a little bit of common sense.

On a side note, the Black Eyed Peas are scheduled to release their new album around the first week of December.

Do you think this could possibly include a song Will did with MJ?

lol wouldn't surprise me. its wrong for the estate to use the songs but its ok for Will to make a buck off of them.

According to Michaelmania, who is working with Sony for the promotion of the album,The VISION box set will "probably" announced in the next 24/48h ... apparently the album is now on hold. There was a tentative schedule ten days ago, sooner that everybodys expected, but it's unlikely that it will be respected now...

Ele74

I hope they respect that schedule :(

Damien, Smooth.... any info on the album?? Please tell me we wll get a release before Christmas!!

Basically if mkgenie doesn't know, then Id highly doubt that I know. Mkgenie source is way better than mine from the sounds of it.

A few days ago my Sony guy told me all the vision stuff would be supplied to him Friday.

Wednesday its all released; 2 days before he told me it would be. So i don't expect exclusive Updates on the album. I expect it to be posted here by others before I even hear about it. As far as I can tell, Sony STILL don't know what's happening with album. However, they have known about VISION since I first reported the DVDs set back in May!

I appreciate that the fans want info, but please stop expecting people like myself to know it all. All I can possibly know is what I recieve in my inbox. If something comes through I will post it but if there's nothing there I cannot post it. Very simple.

Last edited:
Back