Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Not once has it been said that anyone claiming inside information are not welcome. What we are asking though with those who have it are 100% sure before they post as we're having a lot of upset and frustrated members who feel some people are making up information.

Ok cool.

Happy to know I haven't done anything wrong then.

DVD, nov 24 Sydney launch and Tuesdays meeting are all i have given as my own info. I've always maintained i wouldn't post unless I knew it was correct info. This has worked in my favour being that sony have informed me Of things before which I decided not to post, which ended up not happening anyway. Eg. They told me in late august that they hoped to announce everything including cover art and album title in mid-September. Coz they said "hope" I didn't share it. And of course, the estate didn't get it together and it didn't happen. I just think some people try to predict too much detail in the HOPE that it will come true and make them look good. That's not the way it should be done.

Damien

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Time for sarcasm.

Warning to people who loathe my sarcasm and me beacause of it: this is going to hurt your intellect, so please cover your eyes if you stumble upon my post.

So after an extremely short discussion about the new album
bigbook.jpg

with some absolutely precise details on when the album is coming out, what are the songs' titles of the album that will make it and how it is going to be unpromoted, here is a short summary for the people who couldn't follow the thread from the beginning because of some highly technical vocabulary and state-of-art discussion within the thread
h-20-1184081-1208797971-1.jpg

Firstly, what we absolutely did not know is that there was a new album that was meant to come out... soon. However, it was not confirmed if the album was going to come out pretty soon, soon, or sooner or later. In any case, thanks to our extremely valuable contacts and unnamed sources we are unaware how lucky we are to learn from our sources that the new album is going to come out 100% sure shortly with 100% reserve that the plans could change any time around the period for which the album was unofficially announced to come out.

Secondly, When the soon came, the patient fans were delighetd

camisole.jpg

to discover that, after all, the sources had decided to postpone their announcement plan, yet, unofficially the album was still set for the same date... quite soon (with a huge master-blaster new strategical campain --i.e. no official communication whatsoever --why would they invest in any communication or publicity when they communicate their plans to some MJJ Community fans anyway for free; how lucky we are).

Thirdly and lastly, this whole campain and new album information triggered some extremely meaningful discussion

rambo_879.jpg

so that even a think tank group has been created

MuppetShowFullCast.jpg

who had to close this thread in order to think about the wisest choice on the one hand regarding the interpretation of all the signs

Voynich.jpg

communicated by the informers who know people who know people who know people at SONY and, on the other, to find the right balance among some extremely well educated and expert fans

mr-bean.jpg

giving their highly intellectual opinions which serve actually as a reference to the media in charge to further spread the news to the general public.

Looks like the new album maybe really be coming out! This is getting serious. You are the greatest ever Mike! We miss you! We know you're really alive though!

Damien has a legit source and is more than welcome as far as I am concerned. I assume Gaz wasn't banning Damien or the others, but just wanted them to be sure of what they post, although as we all know, nothing is ever certain in the world of MJ. If I'm wrong in my assumption I'll move to a board that is more welcoming...

The source of this whole problem is the MJ Estate anyway, not Sony's and not the 'insiders'. The fact fans are arguing about this on this board and on others is down to the estate.
They have given us next to no information except for a brief mention of the November release a LOOOONG time ago.

They haven't even given Sony any information they can rely on and since the insiders provide information from within Sony, it's no wonder they are not providing accurate information all the time.

I can understand why the Estate want to keep the details of the album secret, but they should have considered the fans after they stated it would be released in November. They should have provided an official update to the fans. They should have provided some kind of official teaser to build anticipation (e.g. VERY short song snippet or new video clip)

They wouldn't have to disclose much information, but something would be nice.

Where has 'Smooth' gone? I expected some sort of update from him by now!

an announcement is still waiting for today???

Damien has a legit source and is more than welcome as far as I am concerned. I assume Gaz wasn't banning Damien or the others, but just wanted them to be sure of what they post, although as we all know, nothing is ever certain in the world of MJ. If I'm wrong in my assumption I'll move to a board that is more welcoming...

The source of this whole problem is the MJ Estate anyway, not Sony's and not the 'insiders'. The fact fans are arguing about this on this board and on others is down to the estate.
They have given us next to no information except for a brief mention of the November release a LOOOONG time ago.

They haven't even given Sony any information they can rely on and since the insiders provide information from within Sony, it's no wonder they are not providing accurate information all the time.

I can understand why the Estate want to keep the details of the album secret, but they should have considered the fans after they stated it would be released in November. They should have provided an official update to the fans. They should have provided some kind of official teaser to build anticipation (e.g. VERY short song snippet or new video clip)

They wouldn't have to disclose much information, but something would be nice.

Excellent post.

There is no official indication that there will be an announcement today.

According to Damien there is a meeting today between the MJ Estate and Sony where they will apparently discuss the coming releases (album, DVD etc).
I presume that the album will be either given the go ahead today or will be officially delayed. That may not be the case, but I don't think they can hold off much longer and still expect it to be released this year.
According to several people, Sony have had an announcement drafted for a while now and are waiting to release it, but that does not mean it will happen today. In fact, if they agree the album should be delayed don't expect to hear anything officially for a while.
I hope to hear something by the weekend, but that is just me. It could take a while for the information to filter through Sony and to us.

December 2010 or July 2011, it's not a problem for me to wait for this album.

But for sure, if the album it's just 1 unreleased song ( Another Day ) and the rest of the album is just remix of all songs , that we all already know, I will not buy the album.And in France we are a lot to think like that.

Download straight, if it's just remix songs with just 1 unreleased.

And I don't speak about the shit of Hold My Hand, song of Akon not Michael.A big shit this song.I don't want songs of Akon, on A MJ'S ALBUM!

And I don't speak about the shit of Hold My Hand, song of Akon not Michael.A big shit this song.I don't want songs of Akon, on A MJ'S ALBUM!
\

hey, don't bash Michael's songs! if you don't like it, say that you don't like it. but don't call Michael's songs "shit".

\

hey, don't bash Michael's songs! if you don't like it, say that you don't like it. but don't call Michael's songs "shit".

IT'S NOT A SONG OF MICHAEL! It's a song of Akon!

The version of the song we heard was not finished so we should all withold judgement until we hear the finalised version (I'm sure we will eventually).

From a commercial point of view, it wouldn't surprise me if the song made the album. MJ isn't here to promote the album anymore, so collaborations with other artists make perfect sense.

Akon can help promote the album with 'Hold My Hand' as a single.
Will.i.am can help promote the album with 'The Future' as a single (for example)
Lenny Kravitz can help promote the album with 'Another Day as a single.

I'm sure Teddy and Rodney will also be put infront of the cameras to help promote it, so we should all get used to that approach now. In fact, if Sony don't use this tactic I would accuse them of not trying hard enough.

IT'S NOT A SONG OF MICHAEL! It's a song of Akon!

it was a mutual project.

if the estate and sony are meeting today....
hopefully they will release a statement later thisevening

:cheeky:

Hold My Hand isn't that great of a song. The only reason why it sounds so good is because MJ sings on it but MJ could have released a song with him singing the alphabet and it would have sounded amazing.

MJ's voice was so awesome that he could make average songs sound great

Hold My Hand isn't that great of a song. The only reason why it sounds so good is because MJ sings on it but MJ could have released a song with him singing the alphabet and it would have sounded amazing.

MJ's voice was so awesome that he could make average songs sound great
is :yes:

If you take the "convict music" part out of the beginning, and add more vocals from Michael, "Hold My Hand" goes from a good collaboration, to a great song.

I'm willing to bet there is a version of the song we haven't heard yet. I love the song and I want to hear any other version out there besides the "duet" version of MJ and Akon that's on You Tube.

Hold My Hand is a Claude Kelly song. He wrote it. MJ and Akon worked on it together. There is most likely a solo version of just Michael. Usually this happens most of the times with duets. The Girl Is Mine is an example.

Hold My Hand is a Claude Kelly song. He wrote it. MJ and Akon worked on it together. There is most likely a solo version of just Michael. Usually this happens most of the times with duets. The Girl Is Mine is an example.
I wouldn't be very enthusiastic about Hold My Hand being on the new album, no matter what version, solo or not.

from what i know, petty much all Michael duets have a Michael only version, and i'd love to get my hands on em all. We know there must be a scream one out there due to michaels Scream live backing track, and i've heard of there being one for IJCSLU, Just good friends and state of shock (also theres and version of that with freddie mercury, but u already knew that, right?=P)

^ yeah usually each artist records the whole song including adlibs and the duet is created by cutting and pasting those recordings between the two. Although a solo version of hold my hand would be nice, and better than the akon duet, like stated aboved the duet makes much more commercial sense being that akon can promote it, and it will appeal to HIS fan base as well as Michael's.

I just hope they release Another Day soon. I'm desperate to hear the complete track.

"Hold My Hand" is a good song and it will be greater when and if they put it in the album with only MJ singing it! I understand if some don't like the song but, why trash it in that way or any MJ song!? Some need to learn what the word grateful mean! Lucky u getting anything with that attitude! SMH

'Hold on my hand is a good song.'
'No, it's not.'
'Yes, it is.'
'No, it's not.'
'Yes, it is.'
'No, it's not.'

Ok guys, can we move on something else now?

'No, it's not.'
'Yes, it is.'
'No, it's not.'
'Yes, it is.'
'No, it's not.'

Sure, let's talk about something else.

How did the meeting between Sony and the Estate go? Confirming the November release? Postponing to 2011?

Wait... was the meeting 100% confirmed info?

Is there any 100% confirmed information that happened to be not on mj.com or Michael's facebook page that we can discuss here now?

'No, it's not.'
'Yes, it is.'
'No, it's not.'
'Yes, it is.'
'No, it's not.'

Sorry, but the only point I was trying to make was that people need to have more respect! And stop being selfish!

So, yea moving on now...lol :cheeky: But, to what...? :scratch:

^ I wasn't refering to anyone in particular, it isjust that it triggers a sterile debate. Some people like it, some not. So no one can convince no one that it is good or bad. Everybody sticks to their opinions so there is no point in debating something undebatable.

145 pages of New Album Thread and still we have not one single piece of information about the forthcoming album??

No title
No release date
No lead single
No sign of any marketing for the project
No Tracklist

Absolutely nothing worth reading in all these 145 pages of, well nothing.

But still we all return day after day to this thread hoping for something when we all know that when it does actually all kick off it will be advertised everywhere anyway lol

Just wait for an official sony announcement, simples.

Back