Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

:lol: so you are buying an album to support Michael's kids? their money laughs at you because they will always have more than you can imagine, you don't have to worry about them fianncially. They have their own money seprate from katherine's and they have people handling that, they will always be set michael's estate is constantly generating money and they are no slouches when they are adults they will make their own money too so their fiancial siutation she be the least of your worries.

Fans who buy the new album should buy it beacuse they enjoy Michael's music. He has worked hard for years creating music so don't buy something out of pitty because he doesn't need that neither does his family. Fans don't have to buy everything the estate releases especially since Michael isn't here to stamp his approval, even when he was alive i didn't buy some compilations because if you already have all the albums and other compilations why buy basically duplicates, there are many things that could and should be released but probably won't.

Idk thats my reason so buy it for the reasons you want to.

and Hess Thanks:) its called a Signature! Halloween is my fave time of year!

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

There probably should be another thread to put real CONFIRMED info in, cause all this chittery chatty shit is rather annoying. I check the thread every day only to see more and more people saying 'It's taking too long...the world won't end, etc'. fans 'fighting' eachother, nah...the mood certainly hasn't gotten any better.

A new sticky thread for confirmed news would be good, then again..if a real anouncement is made, it'll sure be on the frontpage here, lol.

Regarding what some of you said a bit earlier about taking time to finish the album as Michael would have done it.

Here is the fact - Michael was a perfectionist and he was actually never truly satisfied with his art. I am myself a perfectionist in what I do and it is not necessarily a positive attribute.

Whenever you do something, it is not enough, and it ends up being rococo (just like the Dangerous cover).

Another example is the song JAM on Dangerous. It already sounds good, but maaaaan, the version on THIS IS IT movie is soooooo better with all the bass coming out of those loudspeakers.

The fact is, that even if Michael's songs are already excellent, they can always be improved and overimproved. This is what is happening with the release of this album in my opinion. It must sound more perfect than already perfect.

Last edited:

this is the problem with john mcclain: since he thinks, he is the best producer in the world, he is the "mastermind" behind all of the current productions, meaning both overseeing but also taking part in production. that's why he was listed as "executive producer" in the "this is it" soundtrack.

instead of letting someone with actual talent revive the old song "this is it", for example the voice has such a touch of "80ies record", in terms of quality, a MUCH better job was done with "for all time" - which sounded like crap in the original but actually nice on the "25th anniversary" album of thriller.

john mcclain's record with michael jackson: "you are my life" and now "this is it" - and surely he'll do anything to be the executive producer for every single song on the coming album.

word is that sony is already pissed of by john mcclain's attitude, having to be involved in every creative detail - unlike john branca, who does what an executor should do: administrate the estate. john mcclain should leave the mixing, producing etc. to a real professional in the music industry, he should have that much respect for michael jackson. instead he sees this as a chance, to make his name an "industry standard"...

god help us.
What?

and For All Time didn't need much polishing because it was pretty much a FINISHED track done in 1990.All was done for the Thriller 25 version was add more backing vocals on the bridge.

This Is It was a demo from around 1980-1983 with just Michael singing and Paul Anka playing the piano on cassette.

I must be the only one who don't see the VERY minimal background vocals of the brothers as a big deal, plus I like the song

You are not alone.. ;)

The question that's left to answer now is this : will the album be postponed until Spring 2011, or Fall 2011. I wouldn't put it past Sony to sit on the tracks for another year, so they can take advantage of Christmas 2011.

Michael had been recording his last years for the purpose of releasing an album, and I believe that a lot of those songs he had already recorded would have been considered by him to be in the new album, including the william songs. I will consider this album as a "new album" by Michael despite the fact that he won't be here to completely guide it through. I am soo excited about this whenever it comes - hopefully in Nov.

thanks gaz

Okay I was gone the last few days. Did I miss anything? Has smooth come out and said anything? Was there any announcement?

past tuseday or the one coming?

the one coming ;)

Gotcha! ty... i am completely confused by a lot of things today.

I am little comfused.Is the album comming this year??

Did Smooth get banned?

No but if I'm honest I am not a happy man with him.
That makes two of us. I am glad you are speaking your mind and realize what a fraud he is. These people are destructive to the forum as they only cause arguments. Hope this thread can continue in a peaceful manner.

I don't know what gotten in to him in this thread but I can say he is an asset to the community rather than a burden. He has posted a lot of info that were correct and also posted believable statistics in his own threads. His posts are always interesting.

This thread may have gotten the best of him but for the most part he's one of the better users IMO.

I just don't see how anyone can blame him or any other 'insiders' for the commotion that was caused in this thread...there is a way to act like civilized adults, and clearly immaturity and being nasty to each other is a fault of their own...not smooths.....people should take responsibility for acting like fools...

Thank you for speaking up!

As I stated in my mini-rant earlier posting unconfirmed speculation is dangerous to our community considering the tabloids scavenge our forum for information as evident by Roger Freidman and TMZ.

That's why I've been time after time sarcastic. The news we were getting (truth or not) led nowhere and because of that some have started talking about the album delay.

People didn't understand my sarcasm, but exactly the same scenario happened during MJ's trial! All the journalists had their "unnamed", '"secret", "anonymous" sources and were actually spreading a bunch of lies or semi-truths taken out of the context. In reality they didn't have a damn clue.

As I said earlier, without clean and official info about the date of release we cannot possibly talk about delays. If people believed the so called sources, that is nobody's fault by people's naiveness.

I also noticed many defended Smooth because he has been giving hope for this year release, but nobopdy defended this other member who also claimed to have sources and was pretending that according to his sources the album was due in March 2011.

In case Smooth really has his inside sources, people forget to take into account that all the leaked info Smooth was giving was not real info, it was nothing more than SONY's wishlist regarding the new album. Hence, don't be surprised if the album is not released as fast as you expect. In any case, for my part I as long as I don't hear anything from official sources directly I do not expect anything and I don't consider it as a delay.

Sry. Gaz….I was just replyin' to the person who posted before me asking what was going on with the album…

I'll see y'all when the album comes…hopefully sooner than later… ;)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Arklove;3013309 said:
I just don't see how anyone can blame him or any other 'insiders' for the commotion that was caused in this thread...there is a way to act like civilized adults, and clearly immaturity and being nasty to each other is a fault of their own...not smooths.....people should take responsibility for acting like fools...

THIS!!! :yes:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited by a moderator:

Honestly I'm kind of irritated with Smooth as well. I lurked for a while before joining and I was going crazy with anticipation for this announcement. I kept thinking maybe today is the day, and the way he worded it, he made it sound like he knew for a fact it was coming.

It's easy to say "if you don't believe him, then don't believe him. No reason to get mad." But when your tricked and you get your hopes up that does kind of give you a reason to get upset, which is why so many people felt angry. No one likes to be made a fool. I think Smooth kind of took a guess that there would be an announcement by now, based on the fact that we have all been told it was coming out in November. I think he took a guess and passed it to us as insider info.

Honestly I'm kind of irritated with Smooth as well. I lurked for a while before joining and I was going crazy with anticipation for this announcement. I kept thinking maybe today is the day, and the way he worded it, he made it sound like he knew for a fact it was coming.

It's easy to say "if you don't believe him, then don't believe him. No reason to get mad." But when your tricked and you get your hopes up that does kind of give you a reason to get upset, which is why so many people felt angry. No one likes to be made a fool. I think Smooth kind of took a guess that there would be an announcement by now, based on the fact that we have all been told it was coming out in November. I think he took a guess and passed it to us as insider info.
My thoughts exactly as well. Ban him!

Am i the only one that feels sympathetic towards smooth? What if he has been telling the truth all along? He most likely felt like he was doing good. Remember he didn't have to share anything with us but he chose to. No smooth should NOT be banned. Yeah, im pissed off aswell that we have no confirmation about the album but banning smooth isnt going to solve that. If you don't believe smooth or are getting upset with what he has to say, then don't take any notice of it!

Thank you for speaking up!

As I stated in my mini-rant earlier posting unconfirmed speculation is dangerous to our community considering the tabloids scavenge our forum for information as evident by Roger Freidman and TMZ.

I agree

Back