Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

that in bold is a bunch of bs.....so it dont belong in here and second Why cant there be another Michaelmaina? just because hes gone don't make it any less of an event. There will ALWAYS be excitement surrounding Michael because his fans bring the excitement and Energy. The only way there wont be michaelmania is if we his fans dont give him the excitement and energy we have always given anything he does.

Uhh.. I know it's BS that's why I put the ":lol:"?

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

These delays are a bit disappointing. What exactly is taking them so long?

These delays are a bit disappointing. What exactly is taking them so long?

i guess they are under a lot of pressure to get it perfect....
specially if they have been reading this forum with all the expectations lol
well i can only imagine it to be a huge undertaking to release an mj album without him..

^^

As far as I know given the fact that there hasn't been any true official announcement we cannot possibly talk about any delays.

It's not because someone is reporting you some process of some action plans from SONY and Estate, that it should be taken for granted.

So why are we even mentioning the word "delay" anyway?

Thank you smooth for the informations.This delays are a bit disappointing, but we have to wait.

Sorry Off topic… I was just watching 106&Park BET! its their 10 years anniversary today… So Neyo performed, and then he said that his album is coming out on November 22nd. He already has a single and a video out…

Sorry again for going off topic. Just wanted to let y'all know. SO I guess if $ony/Estate wanna release it by Nov. they need to do something about it… Like Smooth said, if they're not ready by next week, we're lookin' at an early December release!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

so what if they are delaying it. they are perfecting the album, just how mj would approve of it :D

Next week is the deadline for an announcement if they plan on dropping the album the week of 11/22. No announcement on Tuesday, it safe to say it's been delayed.

Am I the only one to notice that the album is not delayed? Someone explain to me, how can something be delayed without prior official announcement of a deadline?

that new article of that producer said it'll be released in december. that would be a good time, since by january when murray's trial begins, the mass public will be distracted by all the music....

Am I the only one to notice that the album is not delayed? Someone explain to me, how can something be delayed without prior official announcement of a deadline?

No, you are not alone for I'm here with you.

To me, a delay means no ablum available in stores by November 30, 2010. I go by the press release provided by SONY and the Estate in March.

Actually, an "official announcement" doesn't guarantee anything. Sony can come out with an "announcement" now confirming a Novemeber release date. Sony can also come out with another "annoucement" in mid-November saying there is a delay in the album production.

Last time I checked, an "official announcement" is not a court deposition. It doesn't come with 100% guarantee. It really amazes me how people put so much value in an "official announcement".

I'm as enthusiastice about this album as you, but I don't associate the lack of an official announcement with "delay". As far as I know, there is no evidence of delay yet.

This was supposed to be the most important album from an artist in decades, but the Estate seem to be treating this as some kind of a joke, I was really looking forward to this as being a new era for Mike a celebration of what Mike stood for, or something really special for the fans, but honestly as time passes I feel I'm going to be disappointed with the whole thing, a bit like when This Is It single was released, just rushed, no thought given, I'm really worried about the album now.

QUOTE]

But the point is that they are definitely not rushing this album like they did TII. I believe they learned their lesson with TII. And they are taking their time, but for a lot of us they are taking way too long.

I'd rather they take their time and not rush. Make it right - yes we fans are getting crazy but so? if it was rushed then we'd complain to no end like we did with TII wouldn't we.

I'll just wait until it comes because it will come sooner or later. I have time. And you know, it feels so eerily like Michael is still with us, how many times did we have to endure waiting because Michael wanted it just right? Yes, I truly believe Michael is around. :yes:

An "official announcement" aside, Sony needs the artwork for the album along with the music. It takes weeks once Sony gets that to manufacture the cd's. The Estate has said a November release. So if Sony doesn't receive this from the Estate by next week, then there is going to be a delay.

so what if they are delaying it. they are perfecting the album, just how mj would approve of it :D

That's what I say... just like Michael - he would be proud

I am with you:yes:

so its all down to the estate not sony.? This time i mean it isn't sonys fault that we are in somewhat a delay but the estates?

that new article of that producer said it'll be released in december. that would be a good time, since by january when murray's trial begins, the mass public will be distracted by all the music....

- could we please keep the conspiracy talk at the appropriate forum section

- january is the expected prelim date. even if prelim happens at that time, the actual trial start would take several months

- the outcome of a trial is determined by 12 jurors, mass public (or mj fans) and their interest (or lack of interest) has no effect on the outcome of the verdict.

The ball is in the Estates court. They hold the songs and artwork for the album. There is nothing Sony can do without the Estate turning over the finished product. It's just a waiting game for Sony to receive the album to put into production.

This is why a source from the Estate would be more reliable than a source working at Sony.

I see..... So why hasn't anyone contacted the estate and asked those very questions?

If its the estate that has all of this then we really can't blame sony for any delays but blame the estate. Also we can't blame the insiders or the sources we have here for getting the information because they (the insiders/sources) know about as much as we do.

I see..... So why hasn't anyone contacted the estate and asked those very questions?

If its the estate that has all of this then we really can't blame sony for any delays but blame the estate. Also we can't blame the insiders or the sources we have here for getting the information because they (the insiders/sources) know about as much as we do.

^Exactly. From what I gather, Sony execs are getting frustrated with the Estate because they are ready and waiting.

Then i say find a email address or phone number and contact Branca or the other one... See why they are holding out.

your joking right lol deary me. this album is irrelvent it means nothing in the legacy of mj. im sorry for fans who never experienced a proper release history and before. but if u are hyping yourself up for something similar u will be sorely disapointed.im happy this is all u are bothered about and think its so important when mj is laying in F.L

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yas!!!!!

i dont believe that this album means nothing to his legacy. Its all Michaels songs from past Michael albums. This has everything to do with Michael. Just because he aint here dont mean the album means nothing. To some it means hearing his voice again, feeling his sprite through his music, feeling the smile cross your face as you sit and listen to his music. For this album to mean nothing is completely incorrect.

So who knows if the new project album will be release this year right? Heck if maybe push into next year like feb or later well all dont know.

^

no one

If the word on the street is correct about the new album being pushed back, I wonder if they'll push Vision back too.

Perhaps their strategy would be to release them both at the same time for maximum impact. Or maybe they'll stick to November for the big sales days.

Thoughts?

You forget one thing...Vision is confirmed.We know the cover and all that....as for the album...?

You forget one thing...Vision is confirmed.We know the cover and all that....as for the album...?

where is the vision cover?

Check damien's last post ;).

Vision artwork:

Thats not the vision artwork.

Vision artwork is a gold boxed set with a animated holographic cover like the This Is It tickets, but showing images of MJ from his short films.

Thats from mkgenie and double-checked and confirmed by my own Sony source.

I agree. If there's no album in the end of November, then it's delayed.

I just hope they won't hurry too much to make it to that November deadline. If it's not the best it can be by then, they should postpone it and take the time to make it as good as possible. Of course, I wish they work their asses off to the album be ready on November!

Back