Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Maybe I die before November? :mello:

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

The simple fact is that the Estate/Sony SHOULD release a statement.

Before everyone jumps on me saying MJ gave us his all, what more does he owe us etc etc to which i COMPLETELY agree, the simple fact is that they know how eager the fans are to hear something from our hero. We've waited for so many years and been so hopeful, eager, optimistic...

They are aiming to please the masses *just as MJ did*, not only the fans, but surely they must know that we are hanging on to anything just to be that little bit closer to our idol. We miss him. He filled our lives with such pleasure and joy.

Michael left us a massive legacy. We are guaranteed years more from the archives. He almost promised us that...

But all we ask for is some information. An album title, a release date. Even if it is next year.

I implore all those involved, just give us SOMETHING.

With respect

I'm sorry but Michael Jackson would never be obsolete. True art never dies. Yes, fans are very important to Michael. He appreciated the love from his fans throughout his life. In return, he shared his talents generously with us. He never failed to deliver. But, how many fans love him unconditionally?

What's wrong with what Michael Jackson left us? (I can't believe I'm quoting will.i.am) His legacy was the massive catalog he created from I Want You Back to Invincible. I don't know about others. But, if I want to know the essence of Michael and celebrate the man, I listen to Heal The World, Man in the Mirror, etc... I don't need a post-humous album to tell me how great he was.

Some of you have your hope way to high. It's unrealistic to think this new album will usher an era of Michaelmania. How can there be a new era when Michael is not among us. The Estate is managing a legacy, not an artist. Any new album and new video sets are gifts to us. Any new album is going to enhance an unparalleled legacy.

Of course I'm eager to hear songs that I have never heard before, that's why I'm following this thread religiously. But, I never feel fans are entitled to this album. The fact that this album is available this year is amazing. Who has the rights to say the Estate is moving too slowly? This Is It, the film, was released in October 2009, the DVD came out in January 2010, the new Sony record deal in March 2010. Plus, the dancing game project, Cirque Du Soleil show project and the on-line game project. The Estate has a full plate now.

Your frustration is caused by your own unrealistic expectation, not the Estate.

Amazing post!
It kinda helped me rethink my expectations.

Originally Posted by love is magical
I'm sorry but Michael Jackson would never be obsolete. True art never dies. Yes, fans are very important to Michael. He appreciated the love from his fans throughout his life. In return, he shared his talents generously with us. He never failed to deliver. But, how many fans love him unconditionally?

What's wrong with what Michael Jackson left us? (I can't believe I'm quoting will.i.am) His legacy was the massive catalog he created from I Want You Back to Invincible. I don't know about others. But, if I want to know the essence of Michael and celebrate the man, I listen to Heal The World, Man in the Mirror, etc... I don't need a post-humous album to tell me how great he was.

Some of you have your hope way to high. It's unrealistic to think this new album will usher an era of Michaelmania. How can there be a new era when Michael is not among us. The Estate is managing a legacy, not an artist. Any new album and new video sets are gifts to us. Any new album is going to enhance an unparalleled legacy.

Of course I'm eager to hear songs that I have never heard before, that's why I'm following this thread religiously. But, I never feel fans are entitled to this album. The fact that this album is available this year is amazing. Who has the rights to say the Estate is moving too slowly? This Is It, the film, was released in October 2009, the DVD came out in January 2010, the new Sony record deal in March 2010. Plus, the dancing game project, Cirque Du Soleil show project and the on-line game project. The Estate has a full plate now.

Your frustration is caused by your own unrealistic expectation, not the Estate.

Bless you for speaking out the truth!

maybe the world will end before november :mello:

Nah the world will end in 2012 so we still have 2 years of MJ goodness before judgment day :lol:

Wow that came out totally wrong :mello:

I think it would be best for all of us to just not believe anything an "insider" tells us. It always seems to start arguments. Hopefully it is still on track for November 22nd or 23rd, it's just in time for Black Friday. It might chart better if they waited until 2011, but I think sales wise it would do better being released in November. So many people are in the stores on Black Friday and would be more willing to shell out $10 for the cd on that day than another day. And that's on top of the real fans that would buy the cd no matter what.

Nah the world will end in 2012 so we still have 2 years of MJ goodness before judgment day :lol:

Wow that came out totally wrong :mello:

that in bold is a bunch of bs.....so it dont belong in here and second Why cant there be another Michaelmaina? just because hes gone don't make it any less of an event. There will ALWAYS be excitement surrounding Michael because his fans bring the excitement and Energy. The only way there wont be michaelmania is if we his fans dont give him the excitement and energy we have always given anything he does.

that in bold is a bunch of bs.....so it dont belong in here and second Why cant there be another Michaelmaina? just because hes gone don't make it any less of an event. There will ALWAYS be excitement surrounding Michael because his fans bring the excitement and Energy. The only way there wont be michaelmania is if we his fans dont give him the excitement and energy we have always given anything he does.

give me an announcement first :tease:

give me a break! i dont see the need for an announcement 2 months early. Im sick of people demanding shit in here. Feel lucky we are getting anything at all. A lot of people are acting so damn selfish it pisses me off. You know Michael wouldn't have released it if it wasn't perfect so whats the diff now? the only CLEAR difference is that he aint here to promote it. which is something his fans can sure as hell help with.

Damn people! Chill out and it demanding things. If you want something done contact the estate and ask them see what you get if you dont like what the insiders and the sources we have are telling us.

The world is not going to end in 2012. The only person who knows when it's our time is God himself. Besides, according to the Bible, there are some things that need to happen before our time comes, and those things haven't come yet, and probably won't within the next 2 years

the album..... this thread is about the album not all of us meeting michael at the same damn time.

give me a break! i dont see the need for an announcement 2 months early. Im sick of people demanding shit in here. Feel lucky we are getting anything at all. A lot of people are acting so damn selfish it pisses me off. You know Michael wouldn't have released it if it wasn't perfect so whats the diff now? the only CLEAR difference is that he aint here to promote it. which is something his fans can sure as hell help with.

Damn people! Chill out and it demanding things. If you want something done contact the estate and ask them see what you get if you dont like what the insiders and the sources we have are telling us.

i'm not demanding anything.we're getting a new video next month.i think it's time for you to chill out.do you want a drink? :cheers:

btw this thread is about the album not about the insiders :agree:

Hey, lets loose some pressure and plan how it's gonna the day when the album will come out look like.

I probably would take day off from work, attack neat music store and hide in my car in some cellphone dead zone for a whole day :D

i'm not demanding anything.we're getting a new video next month.i think it's time for you to chill out.do you want a drink? :cheers:

btw this thread is about the album not about the insiders :agree:

atm i think a drink would be advisable got any velvet and pepsi?

But im serious! everyone EVERYONE needs to chill on the announcement thing. there is plenty of time yet.

Who cares when the announcement comes? We're all gonna be taken by complete surprise when it happens anyways, so why waste time on something we're not able to control...

BTW, I'll have a drink too :wine:

pepsi.gif

As for the rest of the forum...

pepsi_light.jpg

Remember guys this thread is watching closely but a lot of journalists and other media outlets. Lets not give them any fire eh?

Maybe if we get them a release date and everyone will write about out Sony/The Estate will rush everything? :D

Or maybe just stop posting in this thread all together because you're giving a lot of false hope to the board members that actually believe what you are posting.
It seems to me, the only ones getting angry are the ones who don't believe him in the first place. I happen to believe Smooth and enjoy reading his updates, but I'm also a reasonable person who knows that problems arise and things don't always go according to plans. I don't have any false hope or hurt feelings. Patience is the key here. Whatever will be, will be.

On a side note, I'm so happy that Vision artwork is fake! :rofl: That picture has been rehashed so many times now. Thank you Damien for debunking that! The actual artwork sounds amazing. :)

i don't know anymore, . We deserve a sort of offical info right now after all those "updates" here. It got me excited for nothing..
If they release it in december i will be fine with that but that's the maximum :)

or else...?

Or else Imma hire some guys, ifyouknowwutimsayin'.

Did my post get deleted for speaking the truth?

How long can this album be delayed? i hope not too long

I meant the waiting is unbearable the maximum of waiting...

I know, that's why I am asking, what will happen after the maximum has been reached? What are you gonna do? Demolish your house? Eat furniture? Jump out of the window from the ground floor? Run in the park naked? ...

Hey, lets loose some pressure and plan how it's gonna the day when the album will come out look like.

I probably would take day off from work, attack neat music store and hide in my car in some cellphone dead zone for a whole day :D

im gonna do what i did the day i got invincible album,

sit in the park all day listening to it and have a picnic....!!!!

:jump::holiday:

Thats not the vision artwork.

Vision artwork is a gold boxed set with a animated holographic cover like the This Is It tickets, but showing images of MJ from his short films.

Thats from mkgenie and double-checked and confirmed by my own Sony source.

Thanks. I knew I've heard that somewhere. That Billie Jean picture is used to much. I'm glad they wont use it.

What is LNFSG?

Love Never Felt So Good

Back