Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

sony would drag the fans on and on about a new album till Murray's trial starts next year. anything to keep fans distracted.

Last edited:
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

sony would drag the fans on and on about a new album till Murray's trail starts next year. anything to keep fans distracted.

I think u could be right bout that.

Just in from my source:

"Things are a bit of a mess here, not panicking just yet but concerned may be a better term....yes we'll stick with that. Stringer isn't happy at all I can tell you that though. Everyone here was ready to put it out this week and it seems as if they need more time before it goes public. The late Nov release could be in jeopardy if nothing is finalized by next week, we need things to get started asap..."

"Of course it's coming this year, that's a given.Worst scenario is an early Dec release and the single later in Nov. It'll miss the thanksgiving frenzy however. I gotta say, I've never seen something take so long, the songs are there and finished..some just needed fine tuning. They were too late in handing it to the producers."

"Patience is a virtue, couldn't be more true in this case. Tell the fans to hold on, we at Sony are doing the exact same thing right now"

Okay I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything. Legit. I have patiently lurked this thread daily for the last few weeks. Even before it was separated into two different threads.

But it just seems too fishy that when the proposed date starts rapidly approaching, this man's source suddenly starts hedging his bets...

Imagine this thread in 20yrs when there is actually nothing left apart from a tape of mj making fart noises

Cmooooon Sony release the fart tape! Ain't nobody doing fart noises like mike!

LOL IRL.
Come on! Fart noises would sell better than anything with Kanye, Lady Gaga and the Disney boppers COMBINED.

Just in from my source:

"Things are a bit of a mess here, not panicking just yet but concerned may be a better term....yes we'll stick with that. Stringer isn't happy at all I can tell you that though. Everyone here was ready to put it out this week and it seems as if they need more time before it goes public. The late Nov release could be in jeopardy if nothing is finalized by next week, we need things to get started asap..."

"Of course it's coming this year, that's a given.Worst scenario is an early Dec release and the single later in Nov. It'll miss the thanksgiving frenzy however. I gotta say, I've never seen something take so long, the songs are there and finished..some just needed fine tuning. They were too late in handing it to the producers."

"Patience is a virtue, couldn't be more true in this case. Tell the fans to hold on, we at Sony are doing the exact same thing right now"

sigh..yeah, sure..

This is NOT smooth's fault! When will people understand that? Yes, it's irritating that things seem to keep getting pushed back, but don't shoot the messenger! Be thankful he tells us anything.

Like Ginny said a few pages back... you criticize, yet you still want his information? Ridiculous.

This is NOT smooth's fault! When will people understand that? Yes, it's irritating that things seem to keep getting pushed back, but don't shoot the messenger! Be thankful he tells us anything.

Like Ginny said a few pages back... you criticize, yet you still want his information? Ridiculous.

I noticed half of this thread is only with posts like this :lol:.

thank you smooth

My apologies to smooth. Hurry up Sony/Estate already!!!

Imagine a third party observing this thread. They must laugh. It makes me think of these scene from Life of Brian, Smooth being in chains surrounded by angry fans who want to stone him lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk

Thank you Smooth for everything! At least you try and give us the RIGHT information.

Can't believe how gulliable/naive some of you are.

Can't believe how gulliable/naive some of you are.

you will soon be persecuted by the others :timer:

Just in from my source:

"...They were too late in handing it to the producers."

Well that much was obvious weeks ago. I was astounded when it became apparent the likes of Teddy and Lenny had only just been called up to work on the tracks.
The way the estate is handling this album appears (from the outside) to be disorganised and unprofessional. If the aim was to get the album out prior to thanksgiving then because it is such an important time for sales, missing it is just ridiculous. Unforgivable even. How could they allow it to happen?

Well that much was obvious weeks ago. I was astounded when it became apparent the likes of Teddy and Lenny had only just been called up to work on the tracks.
The way the estate is handling this album appears (from the outside) to be disorganised and unprofessional. If the aim was to get the album out prior to thanksgiving then because it is such an important time for sales, missing it is just ridiculous. Unforgivable even. How could they allow it to happen?

I said it from the beginning, we do not have a damn clue about what is going on because we did not get any official news from SONY whatsoever.

All we have is people who know people who know people who know people who know people who work at SONY. Sharing news from so called insiders when there is no real and clear public and official news leads nowhere.

Hence, we cannot say that they are disorganized. They are doing their job and it takes the time. If in the meantime someone communicates potential dates of the release, and the album is not released, it is not because of lack of organization, but simply because they are still working on it.

So, honestly, giving people false hopes for months before an official statement is announced, is simply useless, pointless and ridiculous. We know that the new album is going to be released, but we don't know when, and that's a fact for everybody no matter if you have inside sources or not, because they are not more helpful than waiting for the official announcement.

Tnx Smooth for that Info. I wont hold my breath now… ;)

Its really Funny that some dont believe Smooth's info when we get it first from him, but then when somebody else conforms it, Some say Smooth got it off of that person… Very Silly(Believe me I wanna use another word) Now let see how this News goes with the others…Some of y'all dont have a Darn INFO. from $ony or the Estate so WHY Jump the gun? If Y'all dont believe anything thats being said then Why Come back Repeatedly to Criticize what ever has been said. Especially What Smooth says.

It's really Stupid to start the same kinda argument again and again when int the past (I dont know how many times, the thread has been cleaned and ofcouse another thread has been closed. I'm just tryin' to warn some that if this happens again, I dont think this thread will be open for long. So try to keep y'alls negative comments about a member(OUR MEMBER/MJ FAN) outta this thread and comment about the ALBUM, Or $ony OR The Estate…That would be Much Appreciated!

Thankyou…

L.o.v.e.
Romi

This was supposed to be the most important album from an artist in decades, but the Estate seem to be treating this as some kind of a joke, I was really looking forward to this as being a new era for Mike a celebration of what Mike stood for, or something really special for the fans, but honestly as time passes I feel I'm going to be disappointed with the whole thing, a bit like when This Is It single was released, just rushed, no thought given, I'm really worried about the album now.

You have to remember, if your reading Sony / Estate, without the fans Michael would of been obselete years ago, nobody cared about him, the industry, government, media, even some of his family & so called friends, only us the fans stuck by him, and even now he's dead, we are still here supporting the man...cut us some slack and do the right thing...sort it out!

Okay I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything. Legit. I have patiently lurked this thread daily for the last few weeks. Even before it was separated into two different threads.

But it just seems too fishy that when the proposed date starts rapidly approaching, this man's source suddenly starts hedging his bets...

i agree.

has anything smooth's source come true?

I don´t understand what they are doing that takes a long time
Weren´t the chosen songs finished?
I suppose there were things to work on but are the finished product going to be much different from the songs Michael actually left?

I would love to know who the source is at SONY, probably some cleaner who loves to gossip over a cup of tea and a ciggy.

i agree.

has anything smooth's source come true?

Nope.

Anything that Smooth has said that has come true had either already been proposed by another member, or news article prioe to Smooth's information. I find it too coincidental that every time a date he's given us comes and goes that his "source" suddenly has some enlightenment to a new date that's only a few weeks pushed back.

IMO this is only so Smooth doesn't get caught in his lies and when the announcement does eventually come out everyone will call him the prophet and he can say he was right all along. For instance now Smooth is saying before year's end, where once again this was confirmed by the news article by Humberto Gatica.

My 2 cents to why i truly believe Smooth has no inside information is that if he did then why is it that Damien, and Mkgenie were able to give us an exact date of when "Vision" was to be released, yet smooth had never spoken of the set until it had already been mention, surely a DVD release this big Smooth's source would have known about?

We as fans have watched the media twist stories, falsify quotes, and make up outrageous claims without merit for many years while Michael was alive, I find it disgusting that one of our own community is now doing the same.

I know Gaz said he wouldn't be banning anyone, but it's obvious that TMZ and other tabloids browse our forum for news leads as evident by their article the other day on "Vision", now to have someone on here spreading lies that are going to be published in the press is damaging not only to our community, but also Michael's legacy.

What if today they read this thread and decide to post a story for instance reading

"A anonymous source within Sony has confirmed that while a new album of ***** material is due before Christmas, things are a mess right now within the Jackson Estate. Sony exec Stringer is said to be furious with the delay and adds that the tracks have already been finished but the Estate is holding up the entire project."

Gaz you think that's acceptable?

Last edited:

Gatica has said now that there is going to be 14 songs for the album, dont you all think that maybe the estate is making sure that the new songs are spot on!
That the sounds are relevant and are balanced? Gatica was on this project anyway, along with Lenny and Teddy, but Gatica was to make final selection and make the best work along with Michael that has ever been produced!
WHAT YOY SHOULD ALL REMEMBER!! Sony was always waiting for Michael , he was a perfectionist maybe too much, but with knowing that, dont you think that the estate want to put out something that is upto Michaels standards!! It is after all for the kids long term benefits and i really i dont think that the estate would sacrifrice this special gift that Michael has left behind!

Enough said, as long as its out this side of xmas i will be happy. I want Michaels new single to do a Earth Song and even break it, to be number1 posthumous and for over weeks would be incredible plus break more records again. I think it would be the best promotion there could be!

This i think could well be the strategy of the estate and why the announcement has took so long!

Terry

^ Please calm down. Many people in here are being irrational. If you don't believe me that's fine... no hard feelings. It's one thing to not believe this information, but another to call me a downright liar and say everything I've said in the past has been wrong. This is ignorant. I won't sit here and list everything I've accurately predicted in the past, but let's just say there is alot.

I feel really bad about what has happened. My source was 99% sure that we would have something this week, as was Damien's. Now he has spoken to his source in Sony Australia and has begun to echo some similar information that I just spoke of.

Here's the reality guys: this thing is a mess as of right now. There have been countless delays and here's why: once the estate chose to hand the songs over to producers, that all took time. And instead of doing this in the spring, they didn't start the process until late this summer which was a mistake. Now the producers are still working on material, when Sony should have the music by now and begin the marketing that the estate should have been thinking of over the past 2-3 months.

It angers me beyond belief because I look bad in the process. Like I've stated... while it's not certain the album will be delayed from the Nov 22nd date, if the estate doesn't finalize plans by next week then there will be no choice but to delay it into December. End of story. Believe it or not, it really doesn't matter to me anymore. I'm here to tell you what I know. There obviously is a reason things are taking so long, and if any of you want to share your opinion then go for it. I'm telling you what I know is going on based on information from Sony USA. We all just need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure in the end, the album will turn out to be good.

This was supposed to be the most important album from an artist in decades, but the Estate seem to be treating this as some kind of a joke, I was really looking forward to this as being a new era for Mike a celebration of what Mike stood for, or something really special for the fans, but honestly as time passes I feel I'm going to be disappointed with the whole thing, a bit like when This Is It single was released, just rushed, no thought given, I'm really worried about the album now.

You have to remember, if your reading Sony / Estate, without the fans Michael would of been obselete years ago, nobody cared about him, the industry, government, media, even some of his family & so called friends, only us the fans stuck by him, and even now he's dead, we are still here supporting the man...cut us some slack and do the right thing...sort it out!

:clap: I feel the same way

Argh, I feel the album is being bit "rushed". Seems to me that Sony aren't very good at cooperating with each other.

^ Please calm down. Many people in here are being irrational. If you don't believe me that's fine... no hard feelings. It's one thing to not believe this information, but another to call me a downright liar and say everything I've said in the past has been wrong. This is ignorant. I won't sit here and list everything I've accurately predicted in the past, but let's just say there is alot.

I feel really bad about what has happened. My source was 99% sure that we would have something this week, as was Damien's. Now he has spoken to his source in Sony Australia and has begun to echo some similar information that I just spoke of.

Here's the reality guys: this thing is a mess as of right now. There have been countless delays and here's why: once the estate chose to hand the songs over to producers, that all took time. And instead of doing this in the spring, they didn't start the process until late this summer which was a mistake. Now the producers are still working on material, when Sony should have the music by now and begin the marketing that the estate should have been thinking of over the past 2-3 months.

It angers me beyond belief because I look bad in the process. Like I've stated... while it's not certain the album will be delayed from the Nov 22nd date, if the estate doesn't finalize plans by next week then there will be no choice but to delay it into December. End of story. Believe it or not, it really doesn't matter to me anymore. I'm here to tell you what I know. There obviously is a reason things are taking so long, and if any of you want to share your opinion then go for it. I'm telling you what I know is going on based on information from Sony USA. We all just need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure in the end, the album will turn out to be good.
You obviously sensationalized things when you said MJJC could ban you if there was no announcement by the 7th. Maybe you should tone down your rhetoric. Or maybe just stop posting in this thread all together because you're giving a lot of false hope to the board members that actually believe what you are posting.

Reactions: Jan

We all just need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure in the end, the album will turn out to be good.

I agree.

Back