Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

What anouncement and according to who?

in a nutshell (as far as I can follow the thread and discussion)- SC05 said that the announcement will come by October 7th, other sources said that announcement was to come "soon", people logically concluded that if an announcement comes it will be by mid-week (Tuesday- Wednesday) and another alleged source said to expect the announcement today. (however we also have conflicting sources that says the announcement will come 1-2 weeks later)

Therefore it comes to a game of "where's the announcement" and "what time is it at California"

In reality it's all unconfirmed news from sources and not certain. It may or may not happen today.

(btw it's the announcement of album release)

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

in a nutshell (as far as I can follow the thread and discussion)- SC05 said that the announcement will come by October 7th, other sources said that announcement was to come "soon", people logically concluded that if an announcement comes it will be by mid-week (Tuesday- Wednesday) and another alleged source said to expect the announcement today. (however we also have conflicting sources that says the announcement will come 1-2 weeks later)

Therefore it comes to a game of "where's the announcement" and "what time is it at California"

In reality it's all unconfirmed news from sources and not certain. It may or may not happen today.

Ah yes, but i also remember the last time that an anouncement was expected and nothing happened, so i don't see it happening now. I actually don't see anything getting anounced anymore this year?

Guys, there's probably not going to be an announcement today. I think we're all getting a bit delusional... myself included.

Ah yes, but i also remember the last time that an anouncement was expected and nothing happened, so i don't see it happening now. I actually don't see anything getting anounced anymore this year?

Well I have NO sources whatsoever :) therefore I'll go with what I consider to be the best factual information.

We have several estate representatives (including Branca) mentioning a November Release. Both Best Buy and Amazon has this information on their websites as well.

We have several musicians (such as R Kelley, Lenny Kravitz etc) who confirmed to be working on the album one way or another.

So
- An album is in the works
- With an expected November release.

But
- Can an album be delayed ? Of course.

As a result
- We'll wait and see. I personally do not plan to sit on my computer and look to my watch and ait for an announcement today or any other day for that matter. If it comes, it comes. If it get's delayed well that might happen as well. It's just normal. At least that's my motto :)

Nothing will come today I guess. :(

Still early. Patience

If in announcement were to come today it would be from the US where it's still morning to early afternoon depending on where abouts in the states.

It's 12:40PM central time (Chicago). If an announcement were to come, chances are it would be before the end of the business work day...5 PM eastern time (New York)....unless they announce a press conference for later tonight.

We'll just have to wait and see over the next few hours.

lol what are you going to do if the announcement isnt coming today? Freak out on SC05? lol Like i have said before. Being a Michael Jackson fan means knowing when things are being held up. Knowing when to wait and see. With anything dealing with Michael Time is not recognized. It'll be here when it gets here.

I know I won't freak out. I've been a fan of Michael's since I was 4 years old (1982). I'm use to delays. Just another day in the world of Michael Jackson fandom

I don't think there will be a press conference . I think they will just release a statement - or press release or what it's called.

HAD MJ still been alive a press conference would have been made I think.

I guess we shall just have to wait and see......

What other announcements have come out on a Tuesday? Just wondering why people are focused on today. Only stirrs things if it isn't today really, right?

I know I won't freak out. I've been a fan of Michael's since I was 4 years old (1982). I'm use to delays. Just another day in the world of Michael Jackson fandom

... and in the world of Michael Jackson the word 'soon' never means soon as people would normally take it ;) Whenever Michael said 'soon' it pretty much always meant undetermined period of time :D

Although it's true that MJ was incapable of doing anything in time, i don't see why the same thing should be done by the estate? I mean it doesn't take 7 months to find 10 songs and put them on the album... Unless they are going to edit/mix those songs, which i hope they won't, for it would be a disaster.
Anyway, album definitely won't be released in Nov, because it's already October and it would be really stupid to rush the promotion.

I know I said that maybe Sony want to surprise us with a BANG , but in all seriousness it really would of been done by now . There's no way they can release a single in time for a NOV release .
Example , ne-yo has an album coming out in November and the single was released in August . This is just one of many examples .

I think now that it will be next year . I think even if they did make a Announcement now , could possibly end up a disaster by rushing things .

Should of done it properly . They should of announced it Mid Sept , single released Early Oct and then album in Nov .

The album will come this year, just a positive feeling...

You guys can't be getting that frustrated over people wondering when it will happen. It just means they're very excited, what's wrong with that?

If they said it was being released in November and haven't said otherwise, then it's going to be released in November. record labels handle different releases differently.

plus, has anyone thought that since that Sphinx photo is being "revealed" on the 8th and the announcement is apparently being made around the 7th, maybe the 2 are connected? just a thought...

Smooth.....Damien.....where are you?

Hrmmm tick tock
I do agree with some posters, it is really tight now.

Is it 6 weeks until Nov 22nd? Let's see what you got $ony! Get ya $250mill back!

Cmon $ony

I don't really get my hopes up.I never did...but who knows?
In my opinion there should've been an announcement earlier.Just like it happened with TII.In september it was almost finished and we got the trailer...but now?We got a 3DVD Boxset,a game and that's all.I suppose that's all that was planned for this time of the year...

Some of you need to take a chill pill. :chillpill: Luckily, I have some here. *hands them out*
Now get on the floor and dance with me. :sarmoti:

Chill pill?I'm calm :lol:.I'm just saying my opinion :p.I'm not agressing anybody...

so where is smooth? Haven't heard from him in a few days. 2 days to go..

Back