Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

So, $ony can release Vision on dvd and blu-ray as well. (remember TII?)

correct...I think, that if they will release on DVD and Blu-ray will allow everyone to buy what he wants and what he can afford... :yes:

I think the "new" video form VISION will be One More Chance ...

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

It would be amazing to see the promotion of the new album on the stands including new releases of DVD - Jackson5/The Jacksons Tours, BAD Tour, HIStory Tour, Ghosts - with special bonuses

It would be amazing to see the promotion of the new album on the stands including new releases of DVD - Jackson5/The Jacksons Tours, BAD Tour, HIStory Tour, Ghosts - with special bonuses

WOuld be amazingggggg,
I hopeee Ghosts is included in this set, didn;t they say ALL his videos?, so must be in it.

They should promote the album with an cool trailer like the HISTory album using some coool animation if it is neccesary.

Lets hope the Estate will do things right

in countries such as Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Serbia, Russia, Turkey, Poland, etc. the PS3 and HDTV technology is something very new and very expensive ... DVDs in these countries are still on the market and are required ... I, for example, I can not afford a PS3 or BR player ... are very expensive for my salary ...:(
not all countries are rich ... there are so many people-who can barely survive because of poverty ...
DVD release of these materials help the people in poor countries can afford to buy them ... Michael Jackson has also poor fans ... we, the poor fans, we love Michael and we want to buy his music :(

So?

When dvd was something new, most new films came out on dvd AND vhs so everybody could buy it.
Te dvd and dvd-players where very expensive in the beginning just as blu-ray used to be (used to be, because it's not that expensive anymore).

Why would they release a blu-ray version of vision and NOT release a dvd version beside it?
So you're argument is invalid, if they release a blu-ray version, they will also release a dvd-version just like This Is It.

Fact is, blu-ray is up and coming and will eventually replace the dvd, but the dvd won't fully disappear for years to come.:)

WOuld be amazingggggg,
I hopeee Ghosts is included in this set, didn;t they say ALL his videos?, so must be in it.

They should promote the album with an cool trailer like the HISTory album using some coool animation if it is neccesary.

Lets hope the Estate will do things right

:clapping:

Yes, but my point is also about the promotion for these DVDs, tours and Ghosts.

Imagine new fans, or average buyers seeing the new album and the GHOSTS DVD, many of the people dont know this great short movie, it would be something new for them, even though it was released in 1996. (gee, I remember these old great times - the HIStory era)
Amd of course, the tours.... I am sure all the fans would buy them... in HQ on DVD and "never before seen" bonuses

LISTEN TO THIS LIVE SHOW FROM BAD YOKOHAMA (especially Shake you body): http://allforloveblog.com/?page_id=1258

Last edited:

... so thats why BAD tour should be released as a part of the new comeback....

Mybe tomorrow news will come...

Let's keep the discussion about the album please. Not the DVD, or blue ray vs DVD. If we want to discuss the DVD, maybe a thread should be made about that.

DVD is not dead. More people own DVD players than BRD players. As a matter of fact, some major companies believe that digital download is the future and Blu-Ray won't overtake DVD. Microsoft and Apple to name just a few.

Let's keep the discussion about the album please. Not the DVD, or blue ray vs DVD. If we want to discuss the DVD, maybe a thread should be made about that.

I believe that people from Sony and Estate are browsing and reading MJ boards... and they have to know what fans want to listen to... and watch... and buy...:2cents:

Oh boy... did Sony and the Estate release an announcement saying they will only release DVD and not Blu-way? Why people assume that only DVD will be released? Seriously, all the assumptions, demands and complains are ridiculous.

We all should really stop taking small piece of information and start making assumptions. This has become quite alarming here.

MKgenie was nice enough to let us know that a videoset named Vision will be released in November. And, the One More Chance video will be included. Then, some of you started to assume One More Chance is the only new video, One More Chance will be release as a single, Once More Chance will be on the album, there will be no Blu-ray, only DVD, etc... Some of you even said the videoset is a scam from Sony and not worth buying. What are all these assumptions based upon?

Could we all be patient and give our opinon after we see the final product?

Price of Pop, I agree with you. There was a way too long discussion on DVD vs. Blu-way here, which is presumptuous.

It'd be great if we focus on the album again.

I'm watching the throne, and Michael is still sitting there- smiling. :yes:

:clapping::yes::agree: Exactly! And always will be!

Teddy Riley just tweeted that he is working on MJ's LP right now, so how on earth could the album possibly be released november 22/23?

Teddy Riley just tweeted that he is working on MJ's LP right now, so how on earth could the album possibly be released november 22/23?

You all have to remember that it isn't impossible. Keep in Mind that Thriller was ready to be released when MJ redid it ALL because he didn't like it. And that was right before the release date! So In the world of Michael Jackson NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

And what we had was....

An excellent soundtrack to an incredibly popular feature film (most features have soundtracks) including some nice demos as a bonus (they didn't HAVE to add those in - it would have been a sufficient release as a standard soundtrack without them) The This Is It song is the worst part of the soundtrack so releasing it as a single would have been foolish. The Estate made the right call here (remember, post MJ passing its the ESTATE, not Sony, who think up and put forward the releases)

The BEST Michael Jackson release to date. An incredible selection of classic Jackson 5, Jacksons, and Michael Jackson tracks spanning his entire career with 13 unreleased rarities slotted in, in approximate chronological order PLUS the first official release of Live In Bucharest. Doesn't get much better than that as a boxed set. Releasing the demos on a stand alone disc would have been crap in comparison in my opinion. I'd much rather have The Ultimate Collection with 4 discs of gold and a DVD concert.

And the way they're running the new era, perfect from what I can see so far.

:agree: Thank you! I couldn't agree more!

i just want the album in my hands now!
can't wait to hear it.

The fact that the producers are working on the album during the weekends, when normally people take the weekends off, is a good sign that things will be done in time.

People need to stop worrying. It's not like they're recording new vocals. If they are, it's probably minor vocaling. More likely, it's adding some instruments and some extra fancy bells and whistles to the tracks...maybe cleaning them up a bit.

doesn't take long to edit stuff.

Hey people!

Just remember: better on dvd or nothing at all.. stop crying about the Blue Ray thing

So the announcement should be here within 2 or 3 days??

Do you think we get Ghost and Captain EO on dvd too?
Ghosts, possibly

Captain EO....probably not. Too many copyrights. MJJ Productions, Francis Ford Coppla, Lucasfilms, Disney.....

So?

When dvd was something new, most new films came out on dvd AND vhs so everybody could buy it.
Te dvd and dvd-players where very expensive in the beginning just as blu-ray used to be (used to be, because it's not that expensive anymore).

Why would they release a blu-ray version of vision and NOT release a dvd version beside it?
So you're argument is invalid, if they release a blu-ray version, they will also release a dvd-version just like This Is It.

Fact is, blu-ray is up and coming and will eventually replace the dvd, but the dvd won't fully disappear for years to come.:)
I've yet to see a record company release a video collection on Blu Ray yet. This Is It and Moonwalker are both classified as movies so it's a different category

I can't wait for the announcement. What is the latest from Smooth as of right now?

I've got a funny feeling that Sony diverted funds from Michael's massive sales towards Susan Boyle to hide in accounting and pay less in royalties. If this is so I hope someone rats them out!

I've got a funny feeling that Sony diverted funds from Michael's massive sales towards Susan Boyle to hide in accounting and pay less in royalties. If this is so I hope someone rats them out!

This is without a doubt, thee must absurd comment I've ever seen.

lol what did u expect something brill?

Back