Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

How do you know when you haven't even heard them?

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

How do you know when you haven't even heard them?

because Mj is died since the 25 june of 2009, So i am sure Mj can't put his talent on this LP for the finalization

the songs are not from teddy or mcclain or someone else, they can't modified the songs, they must release the song like Mj left them

because Mj is died since the 25 june of 2009, So i am sure Mj can't put his talent on this LP for the finalization

the songs are not from teddy or mcclain or someone else, they can't modified the songs, they must release the song like Mj left them

They are not doing any drastic changes. They are just puting final details to the songs. The original producers know better than anybody how Michael wanted them to sound. If Michael were alive that would still be their job. There are many songs that were 100% finished before Michael had passed.

They are not doing any drastic changes. They are just puting final details to the songs. The original producers know better than anybody how Michael wanted them to sound. If Michael were alive that would still be their job. There are many songs that were 100% finished before Michael had passed.

you are wrong

lenny has told on twitter that he has done a new version of the another day song

That is what they are doing. Teddy is working on his tracks, will on his and Rodney Jerkins on his. And the songs that Michael has done by himself I think that probably John McClain is working on them.

That's why I said I'd rather have them finished.

I don't see any problem with the original authors of these songs finishing them off. It's not like they change the whole concept, they just add a string section here and there or a guitar riff to compliment the chorus. At least that's what I think they're doing.

That's why I said I'd rather have them finished.

I don't see any problem with the original authors of these songs finishing them off. It's not like they change the whole concept, they just add a string section here and there or a guitar riff to compliment the chorus. At least that's what I think they're doing.
lenny has told on twitter that he has done a new version of the another day song

But we don't know if that's the version that will actually be on the album, do we?

Lenny has not done a new version just for the fun...

If songs that are old and sounds old (like LNFSG, or like last years big mistake with the "This is it" single) are included on the album it will make it an easy target for the critics. They can just discard the album as old rejects without significance. Someone needs to make that clear to the estate.

I don't know how so many people can say DVD is dead, maybe you're all just lucky but I don't personally know anyone with a Bluray player, or even an HD television... for the vast majority I should think DVD is still the main format.

You are right, if DVD is dead, movie studios are wasting time in releasing movies on both formats. In my country DVDs are selling way better than Blu ray.
Maybe for the U.S/ U.k the DVD is dead, for other countries DVDs are the top sellers. For dvd to become obsolete, they will need to stop producing them.

if you don't want to buy this set just because it is not blu ray, its fine, just remember not everyone are lucky like some of you to have the latest technology.
I will buy this set for sure. Both on amazon and at my local store.

But don;t worry, a Blu ray may come in the future.

New Jackson DVDs on the Way, But Not That New
23 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Loyal Michael Jackson fans will do anything for new material ... and a new three-DVD set will put that theory to the test.

TMZ has learned a new box set called "Vision" will be released on the 47th anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination -- November 22. A source close to the estate tells TMZ the three DVDs feature a vast collection of previously released Michael Jackson videos ... and one new video that has never been seen. Yes, just one.

Oh Lord, I checked some comments and people are really rude, can't believe a person can express like that,
anyway, I really though taht new video was a video they made for the new album. but I'm really excited to watch this OMC video,
Would be cool if they did something like the dangerous short filmes with this set, for every video a small part of behind the scenes footage about each videos, personally the best Mj dvd out there is 'Dangerous the short films", Number ones dvd was like made in rush time,

I think the One More Chance video is GREAT news. I really can't wait to see the masterpiece video Michael came up with for that. I'm glad we will get to see it. Plus, he looks gorgeous in the pictures we've seen. :wub:

As for the new album...I don't agree with the producers and such working around with the songs. If they are finished, why do so? I want to hear them as Michael left them. If they are finished what else is there to be done? I don't understand but I hope they don't change the songs too much. I'm sure they know better.

you are wrong

how do you know they're wrong.

Lenny may be cleaning up parts or simply making a new mix

hopefully only 3 or 4 days till we hear some real news !!! :cheers:

Last edited:

One would assume a lot of Michael's unreleased material remain incomplete is some way, and a lot of what has already been released through the internet may seem like a full length song to you, but they're really just bare recordings for a more mastered song, should Michael had chosen to include some of those songs on albums. Some of the songs released just aren't complete at all, ie. Another die. In order to make these technically sound, a bit of work has to be done to it. Besides, I doubt much will be done to the songs, and whatever is done shouldn't be too drastic....Hopefully. :timer:

Do you think we get Ghost and Captain EO on dvd too?

Not a chance! The way things are going, it'll be just the videos that we've seen time and time again to cater for the new generation of fans (as if the Estate needs new fans at the moment), nothing new, only OMC.

You are right, if DVD is dead, movie studios are wasting time in releasing movies on both formats. In my country DVDs are selling way better than Blu ray.
Maybe for the U.S/ U.k the DVD is dead, for other countries DVDs are the top sellers. For dvd to become obsolete, they will need to stop producing them.

if you don't want to buy this set just because it is not blu ray, its fine, just remember not everyone are lucky like some of you to have the latest technology.
I will buy this set for sure. Both on amazon and at my local store.

But don;t worry, a Blu ray may come in the future.

Blu-ray is here and now, dvd is past, blu-ray is present, why was This Is It and Moonwalker released as BD, all my friends owe a PS3 and HDTV the technology isn't new its been around for years.

Blu-ray is here and now, dvd is past, blu-ray is present, why was This Is It and Moonwalker released as BD, all my friends owe a PS3 and HDTV the technology isn't new its been around for years.

in countries such as Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Serbia, Russia, Turkey, Poland, etc. the PS3 and HDTV technology is something very new and very expensive ... DVDs in these countries are still on the market and are required ... I, for example, I can not afford a PS3 or BR player ... are very expensive for my salary ...:(
not all countries are rich ... there are so many people-who can barely survive because of poverty ...
DVD release of these materials help the people in poor countries can afford to buy them ... Michael Jackson has also poor fans ... we, the poor fans, we love Michael and we want to buy his music :(

I think that short version of Ghosts will be on DVD but Captain EO not.

DVD will never be dead ,because people still use VHS,Vynils ect .....this kinda of stuff.

I still use VHS :)

I have all my mj VHS videos at my dads place

What a ridiculous thing to say. Just because you and all your friends own PS3s doesn't mean the rest of the World does.
I would imagine this will eventually be sold as DVD and Blu Ray... but to totally disregard a DVD release would be completely stupid due to missing out on the biggest chunk of the market.

Some new films look very good on DVD, still....

I`ll be happy to buy Vision to have all MJs videos in one collection, I hope to get Another Part Of Me and the alternate TDCAU :D

What a ridiculous thing to say. Just because you and all your friends own PS3s doesn't mean the rest of the World does.
I would imagine this will eventually be sold as DVD and Blu Ray... but to totally disregard a DVD release would be completely stupid due to missing out on the biggest chunk of the market.

I would agree on you both. I don't have any Blu-ray player but still want Sony to release as many hi-res material as they can. In 5 years or so I will buy this player and then I won't have to wait for Sony to release the stuff. Many movies are relesed on DVD and BD simultaneously. I don't see why they can't release this that way. But if they release only on Blu-ray I can't believe that there is no way of getting some BD to DVD rip somewhere :smilerolleyes: And still the Blu-ray version will wait only for YOU and better times.

As for Sony....they've invested lots of money in this technology, they're selling PS3 and it's perfectly normal they want people to buy new things and buy some more. It's like new technology in computers. You buy one to play Sims 1 and then there is new Sims 2 and you can't play it, so you have to buy new computer and so on....

in countries such as Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Serbia, Russia, Turkey, Poland, etc. the PS3 and HDTV technology is something very new and very expensive ... DVDs in these countries are still on the market and are required ... I, for example, I can not afford a PS3 or BR player ... are very expensive for my salary ...:(
not all countries are rich ... there are so many people-who can barely survive because of poverty ...
DVD release of these materials help the people in poor countries can afford to buy them ... Michael Jackson has also poor fans ... we, the poor fans, we love Michael and we want to buy his music :(

You are very right. I'm from Poland and i owe PS3, but my friends dont have blu-ray players and - they dont wanna have it for now. In fact PS3, blu-ray player and blu-ray discs in Poland are expensive and not all of us want to buy a blu-ray movie when we can buy cheap dvd.

Vision on bluray is better for me, but what about fans who don't have money for such an expensive products?

So, $ony can release Vision on dvd and blu-ray as well. (remember TII?)

I want Blueray and hope that someone from Sony is reading all this forums and tell Sony to make the best

Back