Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

No blu-ray version would suck big time!!!!
We live in 2010 now with big screen full-hd tv's, no need for another version of low-res materiaal.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

No Blu-Ray release?? - WTF ? SONY is behind BR - they should release as much as they can in that format to promote it and make people buy BR players.

WE WANT MJ IN HD SONY !!!

No Blu-Ray release?? - WTF ? SONY is behind BR - they should release as much as they can in that format to promote it and make people buy BR players.

WE WANT MJ IN HD SONY !!!

To be fair, rescanning all the original prints would've been a huge job. I understand why they didn't do it. This release would've just been a way to keep MJ on the front of shelf, give something maybe the fans will appreciate, and re-package the videos with a different brand for a new generation.

I personally think its a good idea. hopefully they put out the full versions and maybe re-digitize the old tapes. I think it could still feel like an upgrade from what we already have.

Anyway, it'll make MJ's video library more accessible to new fans. That can't be that bad.

I just hope this set is the best it can be for dvd. Complete videos, all of them, in the best transfers possible without rescanning film. It's not too much to ask, and I remain optimistic.

Rest assured, surely a blu-ray will come down the track.

Why would TMZ even use that picture of MJ in this article. It has nothing to do with him and releasing stuff.

Sorry to bring up the word TMZ again, just bothers me.

Just in case somebody in Sony reads this:

1) WE NEED BLU-RAY RELEASE WITH ALL SHORT FILMS!!! (with proper remastering from sources)

2) ONLY ONE NEW VIDEO IS NOT ENOUGH TO BUY 3-DVD BOXSET!!! (Unless of course there is an option of buying it seperately)

It'd be not that great to promote the new album with the stuff from the past so there won't be any videos to promote it, that's obvious..? It would be also tasteless? They have to promote it with something else?

they will use footage of him recording the songs in the studio, probably mixed with concert footage of him dancing simmilliar to what's all over you tube.

With regards to the Vision boxset, I'm not exactly sure what some of you are expecting...

It's as if some fans are under the impression that Sony are holding back a wealth of unseen music videos. Lets get real for a second here, chances are One More Chance is the ONLY unreleased music video from Michael's entire career. What more can you possibly expect? Just because Michael had a cinematographer with him a lot of the time that doesn't mean that they have anything they can use for a video compilation set.

Last edited:

Those pics are from the some kind of a making of?

I just wish we could have his videos in BluRay...that would be amazing..and why the fuck not? :angry:

With regards to the Vision boxset, I'm not exactly sure what some of you are expecting...

It's as if some fans are under the impression that Sony are holding back on a wealth of unseen videos. From what we know, OMC is the only unreleased music video from Michael's career. What more can you possibly expect? Just because Michael had a cinematographer with him a lot of the time that doesn't mean that they have anything they can use for a video compilation set.

It's not the only one at all, but just like you said Sony just doesn't have rights.. I think there will be 'live montages' later but they can't be by Sony and have to be released also separately..

the dvd is over

let place to blu ray

It's not the only one at all, but just like you said Sony just doesn't have rights.. I think there will be 'live montages' later but they can't be by Sony and have to be released also separately..

So what other unreleased music videos are there aside from OMC?

I can't help but feel you're just wishful thinking...

How about recording sessions?

I want BD too!! But I'd also be happy when we get the videos in better quality than the other DVD releases. And DVD has one advantage to me...it's easier to convert it into iPod format;)

I want BD too!! But I'd also be happy when we get the videos in better quality than the other DVD releases. And DVD has one advantage to me...it's easier to convert it into iPod format;)

thats what i was thinkin too i can bring it wit me everywhere in ipod ! :tease:

can't wait for the announcement

Such a disappointment not to have blu-ray, dvd is dead, I've countless MJ dvd's, its not as if no one has never heard of Michael Jackson and they want to gain more fanbase, this release 'Vision' should be a celebration, a showcase of Michaels best videos in there best quality possible. I for one won't buy it I might try and download OMC video from itunes.

I'll probably just You Tube it.

Maybe the videos are remastered?Or there will be videos available on DVD that weren't available till now?:)

It seems that everyone on this forum are not worried at all that the songs will be modified...

I don't know how so many people can say DVD is dead, maybe you're all just lucky but I don't personally know anyone with a Bluray player, or even an HD television... for the vast majority I should think DVD is still the main format.

^ same! I for one can't afford to shell out however much it is for a Blu-ray player these days. Maybe in a few years when the prices come down like they do after so long.

I don't know how so many people can say DVD is dead, maybe you're all just lucky but I don't personally know anyone with a Bluray player, or even an HD television... for the vast majority I should think DVD is still the main format.

Right on the money.

tristantitoune said:
It seems that everyone on this forum are not worried at all that the songs will be modified...

I'd rather have the songs finished by their original composers/producers.

I'd rather have the songs finished by their original composers/producers.[/QUOTE]

That is what they are doing. Teddy is working on his tracks, will on his and Rodney Jerkins on his. And the songs that Michael has done by himself I think that probably John McClain is working on them.

I'd rather have the songs finished by their original composers/producers.

That is what they are doing. Teddy is working on his tracks, will on his and Rodney Jerkins on his. And the songs that Michael has done by himself I think that probably John McClain is working on them.[/QUOTE]

You think it is good ?

This is an album OF michael jackson, not teddy riley or mcclain !

this is horrible, what they are doing on the songs

Back