Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

And why The Estate didn't pick the album title yet?? It's not that hard. The album should be called after one of the tracks from it like all Michaels album. They just have to pick one song that have good title for the album (like Another Day or The Future). Or they can call it simply Michael Jackson. That is my favourite.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I don't understand why The Estate are working so slow. All they had to do is listen the songs that Michael left and choose 10 songs. Than give those songs to original producers to finish them. That work can be done in 3 month period max but they are doing this since March. Also I don't understand why Sony doesn't have more power in decision making and selecting the tracks. Sony paid 250M $ and I think that they should give a deadline to the Estate.

It's not that simple, it isn't that simple for any artist, but for Michael it's that much worse. Michael was a special entity, his music should be a reflection of who he was as a person, he always chose what he felt was the best songs, there's no reason the estate shouldn't do the same. I respect the fact that they opted to take their time to sift through all of his material and choose songs that way, almost like a "what would Michael do" type of situation...I hope that's what they're doing anyway. :-/

It's not that simple, it isn't that simple for any artist, but for Michael it's that much worse. Michael was a special entity, his music should be a reflection of who he was as a person, he always chose what he felt was the best songs, there's no reason the estate shouldn't do the same. I respect the fact that they opted to take their time to sift through all of his material and choose songs that way, almost like a "what would Michael do" type of situation...I hope that's what they're doing anyway. :-/

Of course, I totally agree with you. But I think that maybe The Estate, Sony and producers (Jerkins, will.i.am & Riley) should work together as a team on this project. Because from what we've heard from smooth and other insiders that is not what is happening there. Sony doesn't have any information yet from the Estate and it's October, The Estate is behind the schedule (they don't have the album title yet, the artwork...) and the producers??

And why The Estate didn't pick the album title yet?? It's not that hard. The album should be called after one of the tracks from it like all Michaels album. They just have to pick one song that have good title for the album (like Another Day or The Future). Or they can call it simply Michael Jackson. That is my favourite.
[sarcasm] Maybe it should be names based of of what has happend over the past year

Tragedy and Triumph
Backstabbers
Greed
Lies
The Love of Money
Unity
Never gonna end
Drama!
[/sarcasm]

let's see over the years we've had

Got To be there
Ben
Music & Me
Forever, michael
Off the wall
Thriller
Farwell My summer Love (motown release but still unreleased solo songs)
Bad
Dangerous
HIStory
Blood on the Dancefloor
Invincible

How about Michael Jackson, he's never had a self titled album before.I don't think they're going to make up an unrelated title so I think there is a good chance it'll be called Another Day but it could be another track as well.

Teddy Riley:

September 30, 2010 at 11:46 pm
"YEAH BUT NOW WE ARE STRONGER THAN EVER…I LOVE MY DAUGHTERS TO DEATH. WE NEEDED THAT HEALING MOMENT. LOOK FORWARD TO GREAT THINGS FROM THE RILEYS. GUY, BLACKSTREET, MICHAEL JACKSON NEW LP COMING SOON…WELL WE MOVING ON UP!!!! I WANNA THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT, TO ALL THE HATER I LOVE YA…KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

TR 1 2 CHECKA"

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2010/09/30/teddy-rileys-daughters-have-formed-a-group/

Keep it on topic guys, this thread is not about promoting so called insiders or for self promotion.

coughMJJC47millionhitsamonthwwwalexiaranking80000cough lol

Keep it on topic or I will close this thread

Daaaangggg...nice stats man! This place is currently ranked at 80,759...:wild:

I was thinking...If there's an album coming in November, then they should have released a single a LOOOONG time ago. For example, the song "Just the Way You are" by Bruno Mars is everywhere nowadays! I hear it almost every day either through the radio, at school, with friends, at stores, almost any where I go. It's hard to miss it.

I just checked, and that song was released on July 19, 2010 - Bruno's album will be released October 5, 2010. That's PLENTY of time between the single and the full blown album, at least 2-2.5 months.

If Michael's single was to get hype like this, it should have been released a while ago. I think that the estate & sony should have gotten the promotion going faster so it would've been bigger. I mean virtually no one I know in real life knows that there's a new MJ album coming out. Of course when I tell them they're all excited, but I feel like I'm the only one in my area that even knows about this project.

They should have tackled this as soon as they had the chance & built it up with time to make it a success. I'm not saying that MJ's album won't be a success, but I think it would have been better sales wise and audience wise to have had this made public a long time ago. I don't think they executed this the best way possible. Kind of upsetting. I dunno...is to early for opinions like this?

So the album's name is VISION is that right?

I was thinking...If there's an album coming in November, then they should have released a single a LOOOONG time ago. For example, the song "Just the Way You are" by Bruno Mars is everywhere nowadays! I hear it almost every day either through the radio, at school, with friends, at stores, almost any where I go. It's hard to miss it.

I just checked, and that song was released on July 19, 2010 - Bruno's album will be released October 5, 2010. That's PLENTY of time between the single and the full blown album, at least 2-2.5 months.

If Michael's single was to get hype like this, it should have been released a while ago. I think that the estate & sony should have gotten the promotion going faster so it would've been bigger. I mean virtually no one I know in real life knows that there's a new MJ album coming out. Of course when I tell them they're all excited, but I feel like I'm the only one in my area that even knows about this project.

They should have tackled this as soon as they had the chance & built it up with time to make it a success. I'm not saying that MJ's album won't be a success, but I think it would have been better sales wise and audience wise to have had this made public a long time ago. I don't think they executed this the best way possible. Kind of upsetting. I dunno...is to early for opinions like this?

I don't know about Bruno Mars, but Michael doesn't need months between the single and the album. For him it's actually way too long for the global hype. It's just that if he releases a single and there's an album announcenent, it makes so much hype with the promotion that you need 2-3 weeks maximum. It's not that easy to promo Michael at all because of his status so it needs enormously preparation...

I don't understand why The Estate are working so slow. All they had to do is listen the songs that Michael left and choose 10 songs. Than give those songs to original producers to finish them. That work can be done in 3 month period max but they are doing this since March. Also I don't understand why Sony doesn't have more power in decision making and selecting the tracks. Sony paid 250M $ and I think that they should give a deadline to the Estate.

The estate has other big things to worry about also, such as with Murray and his case coming up.

And the reason why Sony won't give a deadline or anything is because they know the state executives have other things to deal with right now, again, with Murray and stuff.

I can't get into all that because I'll start getting off topic. But yeah, I was just responding to your post. Just look at my signature for the connections.

This thread has focused on SC05 for far too long. If you don't believe him (which I don't) then don't give him the satisfaction of taking his posts seriously.

Lets discuss the album. Teddy Riley posted on his Twitter page something about "New MJ LP coming soon..." - that's promising. I hope Teddy is heavily involved on this album. Michael's albums have always had one main co-producer. I can't think of a better man for the job than Teddy.

New Jackson DVDs on the Way, But Not That New
23 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Loyal Michael Jackson fans will do anything for new material ... and a new three-DVD set will put that theory to the test.

TMZ has learned a new box set called "Vision" will be released on the 47th anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination -- November 22. A source close to the estate tells TMZ the three DVDs feature a vast collection of previously released Michael Jackson videos ... and one new video that has never been seen. Yes, just one.

Loyal Michael Jackson fans will do anything for new material ... and a new three-DVD set will put that theory to the test.

TMZ has learned a new box set called "Vision" will be released on the 47th anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination -- November 22. A source close to the estate tells TMZ the three DVDs feature a vast collection of previously released Michael Jackson videos ... and one new video that has never been seen. Yes, just one.
Straight from here!

TMZ are such frauds..they did not get it from the estate...they stole the story from MJ fan forums.

Scums & thieves.

Straight from here!

SC05 was right this whole time guys! Let's give him a break now n say thanks for putting up wit some peeps on here.. I for one appreciate your updates!!

-dal

why did they have to mention JFK? Is it just to make the sentence longer because they don't have anything else to write?

I hate that TMZ page, classic tabloid garbage. That article is so negative. "Test for the fans with just one new video"... And they forgot to say that it's the first time that all of Michaels videos will be on one box set. I think that Vision is great project for both fans and non-fans and that it will be a major hit.

I hate that TMZ page, classic tabloid garbage. That article is so negative. "Test for the fans with just one new video"... And they forgot to say that it's the first time that all of Michaels videos will be on one box set. I think that Vision is great project for both fans and non-fans and that it will be a major hit.

well, if they picked up the story on the forums (probably even here on MJJC) they surely saw that some people are disappointed and saying they don't want to buy a box set with old videos. If you check past pages you will see those posts. I am no way defending TMZ, but what happened happened...

TBH I agree with TMZ the box set of repackaged videos is pretty lame!! so what if its a box set of all the videos.. i'm sure omc vid will be good but I wont buy the set to watch one video...!!! RIP OFF!! The album should be a different story.. and lets hope we get some more NEW video footage.. sorry sony but your not playing me for a fool with the gold sparkling wonderful superduper boxset!! I wonder what we're get next year maybe all his videos and singles together in one boxset with maybe one new demo!! man i'm excited!!! (not)

I don't really blame TMZ this time. They wrote it correctlyy.

1 new video when there is 10000 hours of footage from MJ stuff we want.

So what tmz wrote is true??

No Blu-ray? Damn it!

What does it mean "collection of previously released MJ videos" ?? Released on DVD or just released on TV?? I hope they include ALL MJ videos including She's Out Of My Life, Another Part Of Me, TDCAU (Prison Version), HIStory & Cry. Only OMC and compilation from Dangerous, HIStory I & II and Number Ones would suck but if they include ALL videos it would be very interesting box set for the fans and regular people.

TMZ has no clue what's going on. They didn't go into details, just what we already know:

1. a 3 disc DVD is coming
2. Released in November

Wouldn't surprise me if they got it from this forum. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of our naysayer posters on here are responsible for giving TMZ the scoop.

Well IMHO, Just cuz its on TMZ doesnt mean they know anything…They're tryin' to down play that SOME OF US Fans dont have a collection of Michael's songs. So for me, THE DVD Set is So very much Appreciated. There are two things to do in situations like this, You either BUY the DVD or NOT! Very simple and really easy to do…:D

As always TMZ Just showed how Fake @$$ They are. They realize the way they present an article affects ppl. reading it, so Why not go negative on anything concerning Michael Right? The only reason they wrote this article was because they didnt have ANY Michael news for a while so Why not copy posts from MJJ forums… very sad if you ask me.

Over all, I think we need to stop referring to TMZ, since they're getting their infos from Us! :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Over all, I think we need to stop referring to TMZ, since they're getting their infos from Us! :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi
Yep :lol:

Back