Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Omg!!!

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I really hope that is true MKGenie. I've been dying to see the OMC video for years... it would be so cool to finally see it.

It's true
it's like a dream come true.
Hugggg !!!

look at the time when we three (above) registered in MJJC, lol, bittersweet memories....

2003 to now, wow.

mkgenie do you have any ideea about the 1st single?:)

Aaahhh! Thank you so much MKGenie! I hope you're right. :D

Fingers crossed that your source is right mkgenie! It would be great to see the video finally! :yes:

The "new" music video they viewed last week was actually the real "ONE MORE CHANCE" video, which was filmed in Nov 2003. you know what happened then...

OMG! I hope that is a true. I`m so excited ! Thank you mkgenie!

So I guess it's good to hear confirmation that we will soon see the OMC video, but it's bitter sweet.

It feels like it reduces the chance of us seeing a new video produced for a new single release.

omg thank u mkgenie and smooth !

Fingers crossed that your source is right mkgenie! It would be great to see the video finally! :yes:
he's a senior officer at Sony, so, don't worry, you will see.

I think we can trust MKGenie. Wasn't he/she the person who quoted exact scenes from TII a month before the movie was released???

no idea about the first single, but my source said the detailed announcement will come soon... I asked him if its next week, he said no comments...WTF.

updates on boxset

The boxset will be really deluxe. Color: golden.

There will be some animation-like special effects on the cover of the DVD boxset when you move the box sleeve. There are many lattices on the cover to show the classic video scenes, maybe that's how the animation effect look like, I don't know how to imagine that.

And my source said the first two discs may include old videos, and the third disc may include the new materials, as well as ONE MORE CHANCE video. But he hasn't seen the tracklist, so this would be his reliable guess.

And there will be a photo booklet inside.

I think we can trust MKGenie. Wasn't he/she the person who quoted exact scenes from TII a month before the movie was released???

Yes I was.

I actually saw TII one month before you did because I needed to do some translation job. The TII draft didn't even have the ending credit then. lol

Last edited:
no idea about the first single, but my source said the detailed announcement will come soon... I asked him if its next week, he said no comments...WTF.

updates on boxset

The boxset will be really deluxe. Color: golden.

There will be some animation-like special effects on the cover of the DVD boxset when you move the box sleeve. There are many lattices on the cover to show the classic video scenes, maybe that's how the animation effect look like, I don't know how to imagine that.

And my source said the first two disc may include old videos, and the third disc may include the new materials, as well as ONE MORE CHANCE video. But he hasn't seen the tracklist, so this would be his reliable guess.

And there will be a photo booklet inside.

As long as it has the OMC video on it my purchase is guarenteed.

Yes I was.

I actually saw TII one month before you did because I need to do some translation job. The TII draft didn't even have the ending credit then. lol

Thankyou for your insights MKGenie.

Can you confirm whether or not SC05 is correct about a late November release for the new album?

Thanks mkgenie.You're a legend :hug:

Thankyou for your insights MKGenie.

Can you confirm whether or not SC05 is correct about a late November release for the new album?

November release plan hasn't been changed, but who knows what will happen....

I thought many fans said over the years the The One More Chance video was never complete?? So how do you all find now it someone said its complete?

So...
we are getting a 3 disc dvd boxset including all the videos he's done before (that most have already purchased) on the 1st and 2nd disc and then a 3rd disc that has new material? or previously unreleased? or both?

I am hoping that there will be an option to just buy the 3rd disc. If fans won't buy it because they feel they've already got the billie jean video about 3 times then how will general public buy it say if they have already purchased the "Number Ones" dvd?

And the new album is separate to this?

Thanks for everyone providing all this new information

GREAT NEWS !!!

Can't wait to see OMC video. I thought it wasn't completet but I guess only the editing was not finalized. All the shooting was done I guess. Great great news.

Thanks mkgenie, you have always provided us with such great and accurate information. rep added.

Shame there is no blu-ray release, I've got endless dvd's of MJ videos, and the quality isn't the best, especially Thriller, its no better than the 1982 video release on VHS tape. Hopefully OMC video will be available to download from itunes.

One more chance video???? Yes!!!!! :wild: ( Try's not to get too excited ) :sleep: LOL!

And my source said the first two discs may include old videos, and the third disc may include the new materials, as well as ONE MORE CHANCE video.

Two discs full of re-re-re-recycled old stuff? I hope not. Why not just release one DVD with new material then?

OMG, OMG !!! One More Chance vid !!! My dreams come true!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

WOW! One More Chance?!?! Hopefully this is true! I can't wait, omg!! :woohoo:

OMG, OMG !!! One More Chance vid !!! My dreams come true!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mine too. :punk: :wild::clapping:

WOW! One More Chance?!?! Hopefully this is true! I can't wait, omg!! :woohoo:

LOL - I'm with you. Very exiting news. :punk: :clapping:

Thanks Mkgenie, you're information is as reliable as it gets (but you already know that, LOL)
I will be buying the box set. It sounds as though the cover could be using the same (lenticular?) technology as the O2 concert tickets, which would be great. My main wish though is that they clean up the older videos because they didn't bother doing anything when they brought out the original DVDs, which was just lazy.
Why bother going to the effort of putting together nice packaging when some videos are still looking a bit dodgy (TWYMMF, Thriller etc). If it's the same old videos, taken from the existing DVDs then that will be a disappointment.
The filming of the OMC video was not completed, but they must have had enough footage to put together a reasonable effort. The video won't be as MJ had intended, but that's nothing to worry about IMO.

Two discs full of re-re-re-recycled old stuff? I hope not. Why not just release one DVD with new material then?

simple: new fans won't own the old videos. This gives them the chance to get EVERYTHING in one go. This DVD is an incredible idea to accompany the album into a new era of MJ

I will definitely get that boxset. I have wanted one with ALL of MJ's videos for years...I was expecting something like that during the HIStory era but it did not happen.

But they must release the blu ray.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that. Why stores ran out of MJ's cd's and DVD's after his death then? ;)

This album and especially the video game will CREATE new fans. Kids. People will experience MJ's music for the first time! When they fall in love with MJ, what would u rather them have promoted at the front row of store shelves as the MJ DVD for sale? A.) number ones or B.) Vision a comprehensive boxed set featuring all MJ's old clips plus new stuff as well.

The releases make a lot of sense.

Back