Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

^The point is: Buy your copies at different times. Maybe go buy one at Wal-Mart, order another from Amazon, buy another from Best Buy, go into HMV and buy another one, or just come back to one of these stores another day and buy it. No problem, that's what I will be doing.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

So it's a battle between MJ and boyle heh.. well I say..
2ajdk54.gif

BRING IT ON BOYLE!! :D

Akon - Akonic is also coming out in November... November 29, 2010

It will be very interesting to see the charts in November and December. So many big names including The King. I think that all of them would be very happy with number 2 because all of them know who is on number 1... Maybe only Kanye and his ego will be angry and dissapointed with number 2 because he thinks that he is the "new" king of pop... although he is not even pop.

Kanye will release 2 new albums this November:

November 16, 2010 - Dark Twisted Fantasy
Novemver 23, 2010 - Watch the Throne

Watch the Throne is an upcoming five-track collaborative extended play by American hip-hop artists Kanye West and Jay-Z, scheduled to be released on November 23, 2010, one week after West's own Dark Twisted Fantasy. It was and still is being recorded since August 2010 as part of West's "G.O.O.D. Fridays" initiative of releasing new songs every Friday between August 20 and Christmas 2010.

"Watch the Throne", huh?

Akon - Akonic is also coming out in November... November 29, 2010

Akonic....:rofl:

"Watch the Throne", huh?

That's Kanye for you :lol: I won't be suprised if he has a song/album called bow down,I love Kanye, world's greatest or this is Kanye's world.

^The point is: Buy your copies at different times. Maybe go buy one at Wal-Mart, order another from Amazon, buy another from Best Buy, go into HMV and buy another one, or just come back to one of these stores another day and buy it. No problem, that's what I will be doing.

So, not only MJJC but all MJ boards and forums and pages should present this as a sales alert! :yes:

I think its important and let the others know about that.
We have to show - the fan power - all over the world.

I hate all the talk on here about how to screw record sales. If the new album sells 10/20 million copies I want it to be because 10-20 million people went out and bought it.

Sales figures will mean nothing if we're all holding 5 copies at home.

Thriller/Bad/Dangerous etc didn't rely on on gimmicks of this nature to become among the best selling ever.

Also, it's pretty selfish to buy someone a present just because you like it. I'd be gutted if someone bought me an Akon CD just because they were trying to get their sales figures up!

i really wanna know what the plans are for marketing the album, u think there will be adverts? having the game come out at the same time will help, i really hope the album is strong and has no weakish tracks at all.

my fav album with only 10 tracks lately was jason derulos, i think the album come out with 10 and itunes might have a few bonus tracks

Actually my mom genuinely owns more than 5 copies of Thriller. She has 4 LPs, 1 20001 re-release, and 1 Thriller 25.

she said everyone had multiple copies back in the day because they got so much use that they needed to be replaced.

Actually my mom genuinely owns more than 5 copies of Thriller. She has 4 LPs, 1 20001 re-release, and 1 Thriller 25.

she said everyone had multiple copies back in the day because they got so much use that they needed to be replaced.

I own the same, but that's because of time and genuine re-releases and new format issues.

But it's not a cynical numbers game.

if people want to buy multiple copies because they truly love the album and want to have a copy of the album in the house, in the car, in the vacation house, then it's perfectly ok.

but, i don't think it's necessary for fans to go out and buy five copies and put them all in the drawer just for the sake of "supporting" michael. michael never needs this kind of trick. as tony mentioned before, thriller/bad/dangerous became the best selling albums not because of bulk buying, but because of the quality of music.

just do whatever you like and feasible. if ordering a copy online and go to a store to get another copy is not inconvenience, then do so if that makes you feel good. if ordering two copies online is more feasible, then shouldn't feel bad neither.

michael's legacy is ESTABLISHED a long long time ago and will not be impacted by the chart position or sales figure of this coming album.

just my two cents.

I just got to say this , because the things people talk about in this thread is RIDICULOUS .

Please stop comparing MJ to susan boyle , take that , kanye west and other nobodys .

MJ has nothing to prove with the charts , hes been there , done that , wore the t-shirt , done .

You should be grateful that an album of unheard music is coming out . Stop bitching about when its coming out , fact is that its coming , so just be grateful when it does .

So to sum up , stop worrying about chart positions it doesnt matter anymore , and be grateful when it drops .

Some people on here are driving me F*KING INSANE . Ungrateful gits , because these are the type of people that will only moan anyway when it does come out .

GIVE IT A BLOODY REST.

If they advertise it right, it will be monstrous. If they don't, it will still be a success. Now, the time is right to advertise MJ heavily because it has become cool to be a fan of the legend. What's most important is the music they choose and the touches others add to unfinished tracks. Will it be anywhere near MJ levels? If they manage to put out an album that gets anywhere near what it would be with Mike on the helm, we are in for a sweet treat that will entertain us a life time, just like MJ's previous works. I just pray that most of what they choose was nearly done or completely done under Mike's supervision. The more they have to complete and do without him, the higher the probability that quality would significantly drop. Moreover, even if a track is completely done while MJ was still alive, did he like it enough and approve of to be on his album? That's why I'm not getting my hopes up. I feel they will have to complete too much on their own. Having Teddy Riley work on it was the best move because he is sort of Mike's student if you will. However, I do not know how much did Mike complete himself. That's why I am a bit skeptical of the quality of the final product. I do not want them releasing something that MJ wouldn't have approved of. It's his music and legacy and he worked so hard to make it what it is and I know that he wouldn't want anything that is not up to his standards released. Fingers crossed that the final product is MJ adequate.

Teddy WILL do an amazing job. Dangerous gave a great modern styling to Michael's own style.

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Bravo! wonderful post and i gave you a Rep for it!:clapping::clapping:

I just got to say this , because the things people talk about in this thread is RIDICULOUS .

Please stop comparing MJ to susan boyle , take that , kanye west and other nobodys .

MJ has nothing to prove with the charts , hes been there , done that , wore the t-shirt , done .

You should be grateful that an album of unheard music is coming out . Stop bitching about when its coming out , fact is that its coming , so just be grateful when it does .

So to sum up , stop worrying about chart positions it doesnt matter anymore , and be grateful when it drops .

Some people on here are driving me F*KING INSANE . Ungrateful gits , because these are the type of people that will only moan anyway when it does come out .

GIVE IT A BLOODY REST.

Went digging through old release HIStory to see if Sony had used any brash and sudden marketing before for Michael's albums.

One thing I did see was the Black or White single was given to US radio only two days before the video premiered, and just a week before being released for sale.

GIVE IT A BLOODY REST.

Nice one, I'm fed up with this who's the best, we know who the best is....so just leave it

I hate all the talk on here about how to screw record sales. If the new album sells 10/20 million copies I want it to be because 10-20 million people went out and bought it.

Sales figures will mean nothing if we're all holding 5 copies at home.

Thriller/Bad/Dangerous etc didn't rely on on gimmicks of this nature to become among the best selling ever.

Also, it's pretty selfish to buy someone a present just because you like it. I'd be gutted if someone bought me an Akon CD just because they were trying to get their sales figures up!

I agree with every word. Speaking entirely personally here, it also doesn't really strike me as terribly respectful to the wide variety of other fantastically hard working, interesting and talented artists out there to be so whet up about scoring aimless brownie points off MJ's competitors in this shameless way. As if anybody has the money to burn in such a senseless fashion anyway in this financial climate.

Well, it was Michael himself who said that if he liked an album he bought 5 copies, so....

Well, it was Michael himself who said that if he liked an album he bought 5 copies, so....

I'm not discouraging fans from buying multiple copies. If one feels the need to own more than one copy, go for it. I know people who buy extra copies and never open the packaging and intend to pass the albums to their children.

Back to Michael's comment. Michael made that comment back in 2001 during the getmusic.com interview. He was asked why there were five different covers for Invincible. He replied that he would like the fans to have some fun and that he would buy five copies of the album with the same cover if he loved the album.

It makes perfect sense for Michael to buy five copies, not because he had money to buy whatever he wanted, but because he was a musician who traveled a lot. He wanted have a copy in his house, in the studio, in the car, in the hotel, etc... Also, it was back in 2001, that was before popularization of digital downloading. He's not hinting people to get multiple copies of albums they like at all.

I always buy multiple copies of michael's album every xmas
friends and families expect it every year,so I would definitely buy multiple copies of this album.

I am just saying that if some fans want to buy several copies for whatever reasons, other fans should not shame them. that's all.

http://kluv.radio.com/2010/09/29/unheard-michael-jackson-album-to-go-on-sale/

Just saw this, according to "Hollywood Insider" Mike Evans, MJ's album will go on sale the day after Thanksgiving (black friday Nov 26th).

Don't know how credible this is.

Brilliant strategy if that's the case. The media focuses a lot of attention on retail that Friday. And it's rare a new product is RELEASED that day. Especially of MJ's caliber. It'd get some great free press.

Plus, the day after Thanksgiving, you're either watching TV all day surfing online (iTunes) or out shopping.

There's no artist with greater mass appeal than Michael Jackson. And there's no shopping day with greater mass appeal than Black Friday. Wallets are open and loose that day. Tacking $11 on to an order for the just released MJ CD would be an easy no-brainer. Far better idea than buying your third portable DVD player or digital picture frame.

The Thanksgiving newspaper advertising inserts play a major role in Black Friday sales. If Sony doesn't get art files and details to the retailers within the next few weeks, it will be too late to make it into those inserts. I'm actually working feverishly on a few Black Friday ads myself at work...

Back