Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I think that the Michael Jackson album is a perfect Christmas gift beacuse you can give it to a friend, girlfriend (or boyfriend), parents (or children), even to grandparents (or grandchildren)... Michael's music is so diverse and reaches to different generations, religions, races... and every song has the perfect message of L.O.V.E.

I believe that Sony and The Estate are aware of this and that the album will be released November 23, 2010. If they don't do it they will make a big big mistake..
Exactly :lol: There's no one you could not give a Michael Jackson album!

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Exactly :lol: There's no one you could not give a Michael Jackson album!

Very true indeed. :clapping:

Will Kanye, Susan Boyle or Taylor Swift Rule the Holiday Season?
http://www.billboard.com/features/w...n-boyle-or-taylor-swift-rule-1004116801.story

The comments on that article are encouraging. Although many of them will be from fans, no one is disagreeing with them. This article will also be at the attention of boyle, west and swift fans and MJ dominates more than half the comments. Every sign i see says this album will sell well.

smooth_criminal05 you said two days ago that you got reliable information from your source that album is coming out November 22/23, 2010 and that we'll get official announcement before October 7, 2010. You sounded very confident and you even said that admins can ban you from the site if that information is false.
But yesterday you said that because of Kanyes, Taylors and Susans releases you think that the album will be delayed for next year to avoid chart war..
I believed you and your source for quite a long time now but now I don't know what to believe..
smooth_criminal05 tell us is that information about postponment came from your source or is it just your personal opinion what would be best??

it better not be delayed after he got my hopes up. a chart war is normal it doesnt mean Michaels albm needs to be postponed.

And there will always be competition, whether it's November, March or any other month. The world is full of artists who are putting out new music all the time.

Yes, we can discuss about the situation but talking about postponing the album just because in fear of competition is ridiculous imo.

Yes, we can discuss about the situation but talking about postponing the album just because in fear of competition is ridiculous imo.

but it's economics... -_-

bobmoo is quite right, if you are going to buy multiple copies, to make all sales count they need to be at least on separate receipts.

smooth_criminal05 you said two days ago that you got reliable information from your source that album is coming out November 22/23, 2010 and that we'll get official announcement before October 7, 2010. You sounded very confident and you even said that admins can ban you from the site if that information is false.
But yesterday you said that because of Kanyes, Taylors and Susans releases you think that the album will be delayed for next year to avoid chart war..
I believed you and your source for quite a long time now but now I don't know what to believe..
smooth_criminal05 tell us is that information about postponment came from your source or is it just your personal opinion what would be best??

smooth_criminal05 didn't say that he thinks that the album will be delayed to the next year. He said that in his opinion it would be the only option to postpone the release if Sony wants MJ to rule the charts.

smooth_criminal05 didn't say that he thinks that the album will be delayed to the next year. He said that in his opinion it would be the only option to postpone the release if Sony wants MJ to rule the charts.
Hey, sorry, but your signature is a bit depressing :/

Smooth said in the NEXT 2 Weeks… :) And he was just giving his opinion on what would be a better release date for Michael cuz Susan B.. Taylor S. AND Kanye W. are releasing around the same time… :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I am going to buy one copy or more online and then I going to my local HMV store and just gonna grab a handful (then ask to pay for them separately if thats the case)

Then have one for my room, one the for car, one for storage and others for friends and family :)

Smooth said in the NEXT 2 Weeks… :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

November 2nd....that's the day it should be released on. It's the perfect day....It's my 32nd birthday. :D

Michael has always been in a big competition with a much "worse" artists then Susan Boyle.
She was in tv show before the eyes of the audience for 3 months. People listened to her personal life, her dreams, her family, exciting stories .. This has led them to become closer to her. When I lived in UK years ago, I watched this show and if I remember well the victory going with a BIG popularization, travel around the world ... and much more. I'm absolutely sure that this year she will not reach half of hers sales last year. No need to worry about Susan Boyle! Believe me!

Don`t know if this is already post somewhere, and if it is I apologize!

I wish Roger Friedman would just STFU already. He doesn't have any info, and this is not news. He gets his info from our SPECULATION on this board. :smilerolleyes:

:smilerolleyes:

^"Meanwhile, merchants are skeptical on whether Jackson's album, expected to be compiled from studiotracks he recorded but never included on past albums, will top last year's "This Is It." "Of course Michael Jackson will be a very good seller; we sell his music all year long," Fry's Jaggi says. "Anything from him will sell." But a retail executive adds, "I don't believe the Michael Jackson album will mean anything."-_-:doh:

Are these people stupid?! How can they compare The soundtrack to the movie to new material? :mello: and how can someone say a new MJ album will "mean anything." Are these people for real....:hysterical:

bobmoo is quite right, if you are going to buy multiple copies, to make all sales count they need to be at least on separate receipts.
IF you buy more than one copy then remember to spread your purchases

(i.e. don't buy them all from one shop at the same time as the sale won't count - go to different music stores or buy them on different days to be certain they all count)

BTW I won't be buying more than 1 copy. If anybody else I know wants a copy they'll buy it themselves.

Wow, i never thought about that.

Um...so what of that is true? if fans from one country buy albums all together in the same store at the same time, sales just don't count?
Or they only don't count if they are all bought from one person at the same time in the same store?

Part of the problem from day 1 is people not reading carefully what I say. I NEVER said that the album will be delayed to next year, that's simply not happening. What I did say was that, it would be strategic to delay the album to 2011 so MJ can enjoy higher chart success.

IF you buy more than one copy then remember to spread your purchases

(i.e. don't buy them all from one shop at the same time as the sale won't count - go to different music stores or buy them on different days to be certain they all count).

Thanks for the info.

I can't believe how much some of you guys care about chart positions and sale figures....

Will you enjoy the music less if it only manages to reach number 2??

Shame on anybody for comparing Susan Boyle to Michael Jackson. She hasn't even done anything yet. Compared to Michael, she's smaller than a speck of dust.

No offense to her or her fans. She has a great voice nonetheless. But please, she can't touch Michael. Don't worry.

But a retail executive adds, "I don't believe the Michael Jackson album will mean anything

What an idiotic comment and I bet you he would'nt have said that if he was in a room filled with MJ fans.....only God could save him then!

BTW.....I don't know why some of you are already concerned about other artists. Michael Jackson and ONLY Michael Jackson is my concern! I fear no other artists when MJ's name is in the mix. MJ's album will do what its supposed to do.

Part of the problem from day 1 is people not reading carefully what I say. I NEVER said that the album will be delayed to next year, that's simply not happening. What I did say was that, it would be strategic to delay the album to 2011 so MJ can enjoy higher chart success.

Thank you very much! I trust in you and your source. So it is November 23, 2010!
And don't worry about chart success.. I'm positive that the album will be number one in US and all over the world. Many people will be very suprised. But what suprises me is that some fans have doubts like yourself smooth. And my opinion is that November release is the best strategy because of hollidays.. Kanye, Taylor & Susan are just not good enough to be threat to MJ. Michael will rule the charts of course with decent promotion from Sony (like the one for HIStory). There will always be "war" on the charts...
During the 80's and 90's the competition on the charts was much stronger than today. Todays artists would not have any chances in that competition... Michael ruled the charts then and will rule it again!!

but it's economics... -_-

Yes, but very bad economics as its common knowledge that huge album sales worldwide mainly happen the few weeks upto xmas, therefore a November release is perfect, thats why there is so much competition for MJ in November because record companies want the albums out just in time for xmas shopping!

There is no reason to delay the release unless the project is running behind, a chart battle will also even create more hype for the MJ album and it will sell even more!!!

The only negative could be that he misses the number 1 spot, but so what he has nothing to prove, he is the chart king, total sales mean more than chart placings.

Really thought we would get some announcement today. So smooth has 8 more days and if we get no announcement then what?

There is no point in delaying it just for chart success. MJ getting no:1 this Christmas means more as it shows his music has defeated the other major competition. People would think off course he got no:1 one if they delayed it 2011 with like no competition?

Smooth , no offense but you say MJ can enjoy a higher chart success. But lets face it, MJ enjoys zero now :(. It's effin' $ony enjoying it now...not MJ. I think it came out kinda strange.

Smooth , no offense but you say MJ can enjoy a higher chart success. But lets face it, MJ enjoys zero now :(. It's effin' $ony enjoying it now...not MJ. I think it came out kinda strange.

its Michael's kids that will also be enjoying it.

Back