Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

For me it doesn't really matter whether this album is number 1 on the charts or not. But for the sake of Michael's memory it would be very nice if it was. Michael was obsessed with chart success.

Chart success has one huge advantage, it would give more exposure to Michael's new album and that's why I mentioned a later release date as a good alternative.

MJ NEVER had very strong first week sales in the US like Boyle or Kanye... Dangerous sold "only" 327,000 compared to Boyle's 701,000 or Kanye's 957,000!

I'm 100% sure it will be a number one album worldwide tho.

Ultimately the only thing that matters is the quality of music. As long as it's well chosen all will be good. I so hope they won't mess this up.
MJ deserves a quality release and I am very confident there is music good enough from the past decade to create a 10-12 track album that is up to his standards.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Phil Collins' new album is No.1 this week in the UK. This is a bit of proof that artists from afew years back can still top the charts. I have 100% belief that Michael will be No.1 everywhere around the world.

Roger doesn't know jack sh!t what's going on. He's just assuming. Why would Sony/The Estate would put that song on the album when it's over 20+ years old. They want newer stuff. Stuff that has current sounds.

I'm willing to bet if they added something that was from several years ago, they would only go as far back as the HIStory album.

Also after the issues with Paul Anka with This Is It, why would the estate agree to work with him on the new album?

I'm betting Love Never Felt So Good will NOT be on the album.

As far as Kreen and his CONSTANT negativity goes, I'm tired of it. I wish the board mods would do something about it. He's bringing NOTHING but hate to this topic. He needs to be dealt with. Kreen- consider yourself on my ignore list. You sir need to get a life and stop the negativity
Great post. Rep added. :clapping:

Worldwide sales (MJ vs. Kanye)

2004 - The College Dropout 4M
2005 - Late Registration 6M
2007 - Graduation 4,5M
2008 - 808s & Heartbreak 3,5M
November 16, 2010 - Dark Twisted Fantasy ???

2005 - The Essential Michael Jackson 7M
2008 - Thriller 25 3M
2008 - King of Pop 5M
2009 - This Is It 5M
November 23, 2010 - MJ New Studio Album ???

Kanye sold over 18 million copys of his albums over past 6 years including 4 studio albums with all new material... but MJ sold over 20 million copys without any new material, with just compilations and Greatest Hits albums..

Taylor Swift - Speak Now is coming out October 25, 2010
Susan Boyle - The Gift is coming out November 9, 2010

Michael Jackson WILL of course have the number one album in US but MJ is worldwide not just US like Taylor or Kanye... so please stop counting just US sales because most of us are NOT from US and most of Michaels hardcorre fans are from other parts of the WORLD... Although I don't have anything against US fans..

For me it doesn't really matter whether this album is number 1 on the charts or not. But for the sake of Michael's memory it would be very nice if it was. Michael was obsessed with chart success.

Chart success has one huge advantage, it would give more exposure to Michael's new album and that's why I mentioned a later release date as a good alternative.

MJ NEVER had very strong first week sales in the US like Boyle or Kanye... Dangerous sold "only" 327,000 compared to Boyle's 701,000 or Kanye's 957,000!

I'm 100% sure it will be a number one album worldwide tho.

Ultimately the only thing that matters is the quality of music. As long as it's well chosen all will be good. I so hope they won't mess this up.
MJ deserves a quality release and I am very confident there is music good enough from the past decade to create a 10-12 track album that is up to his standards.

It's interesting to see the first week sale data in the US. Michael sold more album in non-US markets as early as Dangerous. More than half of Dangerous copies sold are from non-US markets. Michael's music reaches out to non-English speaking demographics. Only very few artists have such global impact.

Also, the quality of music speaks for itself. Michael's album sales always have legs. Kayne West may sell 900,000 copies the first week, but his sales may drop to around 500,000 the second week and around 200,000 the third week. Michael's sales always hold up nicely and stay on the chart for a long time. His sales pattern is the opposite of the typical sales pattern these days.

Anyway, if Kayne West has the #1 album, so be it. Michael doesn't need another #1 album. In 10 years, it's hard to say whether Kayne will remain relevant, but Michael is her to stay.

You know what...? i don't care about other artists. I care about michael and this album. I care about michael and only michael. i don't want to give these other artists the time of day.

they are going to do their thing but no one will come near the sales michael gets.

So if we are getting an announcement before the 7th the most likely days are either tommoro or the 6th right?

thriller.gif

Michael, which is completely normal, always wanted to be on top. That's his part of perfectionism. That's why he was probably also obsessed with topping the sales. But if I had had the opportunity to see him, I would have said to him: "You know Mike, when one is touched by your magic, focusing on album sales becomes a detail equal to a drop in the ocean, because your magic has deeper impact --indent-- than your album sales. Please do not focus on making an album which will, maybe, sell well, but on sharing your true magic with us through your music which comes from your heart and soul, no matter if it doesn't fit today's talentless sales criteria."

You know what...? i don't care about other artists. I care about michael and this album. I care about michael and only michael. i don't want to give these other artists the time of day.

they are going to do their thing but no one will come near the sales michael gets.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

As far as Kreen and his CONSTANT negativity goes, I'm tired of it. I wish the board mods would do something about it. He's bringing NOTHING but hate to this topic. He needs to be dealt with. Kreen- consider yourself on my ignore list. You sir need to get a life and stop the negativity

Just to prove my capacity for positivity, I will say that I am happy that FOUR Cascio tracks will be included : these are very recent MJ songs, and I'm really curious as to what they sound like. And they will be new to us, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

Nice edit....Anywho, from my understanding, they're looking for newer material, all of the article's I've seen correspond to that, as many of them mention sessions from Invincible. If that's the case, LNFSG doesn't quite make the cut.

Last edited:

i dont think lnfsg will be on the album unless mj redid it himself. the newer stuff will be given out first then some of the cuts from older albums i would guess.

I dont think ALL 20Mill. ppl. (fans) on FB are gonna buy his album cuz I know some of the ppl. that have liked his Facebook page and they're like "OK" fans. They dont buy his CD or anything…they just listen to him on the radio or something like that. BUt it would be cool if everyone bought it!

As one person said on here, the Music will speak for it self and Mike really dont need a #1 album but I think it WILL BE #1…thats my belief! I know People are gonna be interested since its Michael and he's always throwing UNIQUE Music out there.

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I agree! No one, including Sony, knew how big of a hit the movie This Is It would be. No one. That's why it initially was only supposed to be showing for about a month, but then it ended up being extended. I just think Michael is being underestimated.

thread cleaned from name calling towards members (and posts that quote such name callings)

we have several times wrote in this thread that you do not have to believe anyone or any source regarding to their news and info about the album. However you do not need to go around writing this a thousand times (we can read and we got your point of view the first time you wrote it) and you do not go around attacking or name calling any member of MJJC.

seriously how hard is it to follow one simple rule?

Last edited:

^^^^

Hard for some I suppose. But let's stay positive and focus on the new album and the great future we going towards.

I am positive MJ will destroy ANY competition in a years time.

Michael Jackson album that will not mean anything?? - Is that person high or something?

That was what i was thinking !

in a way im quite glad there has been nuffin said really, and the producers are working still on the tracks, less chance of leaks etc, and then the album will just drop and blow our minds away. i hope this album flows really well and we have a few more classics, wonder how many singles will come out?

I understand that This Is It is supported by a theatrical release last year. But, the album is really "greatest hit collection" in disguise..

It better not be!

dont get me wrong i do love mj's classic stuff, but if i get one more "greatest hit album" one time im gonna :blowup:

It better not be!

dont get me wrong i do love mj's classic stuff, but if i get one more "greatest hit album" one time im gonna :blowup:
no, i meant This Is It is a greatest hit collection, not the new album. i'm sure the new album will be consist of unheard material. sorry for my confusion.

Phil Collins' new album is No.1 this week in the UK. This is a bit of proof that artists from afew years back can still top the charts. I have 100% belief that Michael will be No.1 everywhere around the world.

I've heard afew snippets of his songs off that album from the commerical for it, sounds funky

Sorry guys I wasn't 100% happy with thefigures I provided earlier so I tracked down the official statistics from the IFPI. In fact I tracked down their official report for 2009.
It includes a detailed breakdown for the different music markets as well as providing worldwide data.

Here is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IOVPZR2E

EXTRACTS:

"Susan Boyle’s debut I Dreamed A Dream was the best selling
album of 2009, reaching sales of 8.3 million units globally."

"Michael Jackson was the best selling artist of the year with 22.9
million units sold across eight albums reaching the global top 50.
6% of the sales were in digital format."

"Global best sellers by genre
Pop: Susan Boyle – I Dreamed A Dream
Rock: U2 – No Line On The Horizon
Rap/Hip-Hop: Eminem – Relapse
Classical: Andrea Bocelli – My Christmas
Compilation: Michael Jackson – This Is It"

Global Top Sellers
by Company

(Sony Music)
Artist Album
Susan Boyle I Dreamed A Dream
Michael Jackson Michael Jackson’s This Is It
Michael Jackson Thriller
Michael Jackson Number Ones
Kings Of Leon Only By The Night
Michael Jackson The Essential Michael Jackson
Beyoncé I Am...Sasha Fierce
Michael Jackson King Of Pop
P!nk Funhouse
Whitney Houston I Look To You

Global Top 50 Best Selling Albums 2009

Rank Artist Album Company

1 Susan Boyle I Dreamed A Dream Sony Music
2 Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D Universal Music
(The Energy Never Dies)
3 Michael Jackson Michael Jackson’s Sony Music
This Is It
4 Taylor Swift Fearless Universal Music
5 Lady Gaga The Fame Universal Music
6 Michael Bublé Crazy Love Warner Music
7 U2 No Line On The Horizon Universal Music
8 Michael Jackson Thriller Sony Music
9 Michael Jackson Number Ones Sony Music
10 Andrea Bocelli My Christmas Universal Music
11 Kings Of Leon Only By The Night Sony Music
12 Michael Jackson The Essential Sony Music
Michael Jackson
13 OST Hannah Montana – Walt Disney Records/
The Movie Universal Music/EMI Music
14 Eminem Relapse Universal Music
15 Lady Gaga The Fame Monster Universal Music
16 Green Day 21st Century Breakdown Warner Music
17 Beyoncé I Am...Sasha Fierce Sony Music
18 Michael Jackson King Of Pop Sony Music
19 OST Twilight – Warner Music
Music From The OST
20 OST The Twilight Saga: Warner Music
New Moon
21 Robbie Williams Reality Killed The EMI Music
Video Star
22 Madonna Celebration Warner Music
23 Rihanna Rated R Universal Music
24 Jay-Z The Blueprint 3 Warner Music
25 P!nk Funhouse Sony Music
26 Miley Cyrus The Time Of Our Lives Hollywood Records/
Universal Music
27 Whitney Houston I Look To You Sony Music
28 Muse The Resistance Warner Music
29 Norah Jones The Fall EMI Music
30 Alicia Keys The Element Of Freedom Sony Music
31 Lily Allen It’s Not Me, It’s You EMI Music
32 Bon Jovi The Circle Universal Music
33 Michael Jackson Bad Sony Music
34 Arashi All the BEST! 1999–2009 J Storm Inc.
35 Jason Mraz We Sing. We Dance. Warner Music
We Steal Things.
36 Bruce Springsteen Working On A Dream Sony Music
37 Leona Lewis Echo Sony Music
38 Carrie Underwood Play On Sony Music
39 Kelly Clarkson All I Ever Wanted Sony Music
40 Various Artists Now Thats What I EMI Music
Call Music! 74
41 Zac Brown Band The Foundation Warner Music
42 Michael Jackson Off the Wall Sony Music
43 Sting If On A Winter’s Night Universal Music
44 Exile Aisubeki Miraihe Avex Marketing Inc.
45 Nickelback Dark Horse Warner Music/EMI Music
46 Jonas Brothers Lines, Vines and Hollywood Records/
Trying Times Universal Music
47 Shakira She Wolf Sony Music
48 Michael Jackson Dangerous Sony Music
49 Justin Bieber My World Universal Music
50 Rascal Flatts Unstoppable Hollywood Records/
Universal Music

Source: IFPI. Different versions of the same title are combined. Music video content is excluded. Sales include physical and digital sales.

Platinum Europe Award-Winning 2009 Releases
Artist Album Level Company
Michael Jackson Michael Jackson’s This Is It 1 Sony Music

IFPI Platinum Europe Awards 2009
Artist Title Company Award Level 2009 Entry
Michael Jackson The Essential Sony Music 2 ●
Michael Jackson Bad Sony Music 1 ●
Michael Jackson King Of Pop Sony Music 1 ●
Michael Jackson Off The Wall Sony Music 1 ●
Michael Jackson Thriller Sony Music 1 ●
Michael Jackson Thriller 25 Sony Music 1 ●
Michael Jackson Michael Jackson ’s This Is It Sony Music 1 ●

Source: IFPI. Award level refers to million units sold, cumulative, across Europe since the launch of the awards in
1996. 2009 entry refers to first IFPI Plati

Michael has always been in a big competition with a much "worse" artists then Susan Boyle.
She was in tv show before the eyes of the audience for 3 months. People listened to her personal life, her dreams, her family, exciting stories .. This has led them to become closer to her. When I lived in UK years ago, I watched this show and if I remember well the victory going with a BIG popularization, travel around the world ... and much more. I'm absolutely sure that this year she will not reach half of hers sales last year. No need to worry about Susan Boyle! Believe me!

Don`t know if this is already post somewhere, and if it is I apologize!
Friedman: Michael Jackson New Album: “Before End of Year”

Roger Friedman posted the following article this morning in his column, Showbiz411:

An album of new Michael Jackson recordings–songs left behind and remixed since his death–is on its way.

The question, though, is when?

A Sony source confirmed for me that the album will arrive before Christmas. So far, the date can’t be set because the work isn’t finished.

In the end, four of what might be 12 tracks will be derived from sessions Michael did with Eddie Cascio in his suburban New Jersey studio three years ago. At least one of those tracks was originally co written and produced by Eddie’s brother Frank Cascio for an R&B singer named Bobby Ewing.

Some of the other tracks will be outtakes from Jackson albums, a Paul Anka song called “Love Never Felt So Good” from the session that produced the title track for “This Is It.”

Jackson co-executor John McClain is in charge of the project. Sources say that McClain’s been relying heavily on Michael’s brother, Jackie, for help since he’s not, technically, a music producer. Rodney Jerkins and Akon are also working on tracks. It’s unclear whether so many producers can affect a consistent sound.

Last week, Sony chief Rob Stringer went out to Los Angeles, I am told, to supervise and give comments on the progress of the album. After all it’s part of his $200 million deal with the Jackson estate. Sony wants the album to be a huge smash.

The Jackson estate, by the way, is working on several more projects including a documentary or reality show about the putting together of the new live Cirque du Soleil project.

That 22 million figure from IFPI is very low. Sony confirmed that MJ sold over 31 million albums in 2009!

That 22 million figure from IFPI is very low. Sony confirmed that MJ sold over 31 million albums in 2009!

I believe that this shows us that we really do not need to be worried about other artists and how much they can sell. Michael will oversell any of them

If it's quality it will sell

MJ didn't need any gimmicks; his music was always first rate

Back