Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

It amazes me just how many albums Susan Boyle and Michael managed to sell in a short period of time, when both albums were released towards the end of the year of 2009, and become top selling albums of that year!

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

That 22 million figure from IFPI is very low. Sony confirmed that MJ sold over 31 million albums in 2009!

Isnt it - units (albums, singles, DVD, ringtones...) and only for Europe? I think so..., globally Michael sold at least 60 mill. units only in 2009, it was only 6 months...
Source: IFPI. Award level refers to million units sold, cumulative, across Europe since the launch of the awards in 1996. 2009 entry refers to first IFPI Plati

Last edited:

NeYo - Libra Scale to be released 11/22.

^ Nikki Minaj, Akon, and Lloyd Banks also have new albums dropping the week of 11/22.

I don't see any of the albums being released in November being direct competition to Michael.

For one every artist that has been mentioned is plagued by advance album leaks, they also don't share the same audience as Michael. If a Michael album is out and you're a fan you're going to buy it regardless of whether there's a Ne-Yo or Akon album the same week.

It's like McDonalds, of course there's other options but if you've been dying for a Big Mac for 3 years you're not going to buy a Cheeseburger just because it's there and tastes half as good.

Just imagine how beautiful it's going to be when we finally get to see that tracklisting:

drooling-homer.gif

Rihanna - Loud is coming out November 12, 2010.

So many artists is releasing their albums around that time because of Christmas hollydays and US Thanksgiving. This is the time of year when people spend so much money in shopping for gifts. So why would Sony delay Michael Jackson's new album for early next year??? That would be so stupid and very big mistake for Sony. Every true MJ fan will buy the album whenever it comes out but other people (regular people, non-fans) will be buying the album as gift for someone or just because of hollyday spirit and shopping fever around that time. I can tell you for sure that in my country no one will buy Kanyes album for a Christmas gift but Michaels album could sell very well. In Croatia maybe 5-10 % of population know who is Kanye West but 100% know who is Michael Jackson.

smooth_criminal05 any updates??? will the album be delayed or is it still November 23, 2010???

The only competitor to Michael is Susan Boyle, and ... she will be the best seller of the year and number one at charts, thats what Im afraid of....

Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackliiiiiissst!!!!!!!!!!....................... COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say let them all come out at the same time! Michael's audience is unparalleled and consists of several generations. If the marketing is done right, so nobody will miss or not know that the album is coming out, it might surprise us all.

People that were Michael's fans way before the era of downloading will want to buy the album.

What people have to watch out for is buying the album from places, where tha sales are officially registered and acknowledged!

Been following Teddy on Twitter he's a great guy, even answered a question of mine today. I asked him if the new album would have hard grooves like Dangerous..he replied "You Will See"..he carries so much of Michael's spirit it's incredible.

Exactly Phill collins just did it, even vera lynn who is like 80 something recently got to number 1 and i can tell you zero young people buy this. The industry is almost stupid to be missing massive markets of the older generation who will buy music from older artists. They need to stop aiming everything at the young market. Kanye west only apeals to a fraction of the music market, michael appeals to a much larger age range and culture etc. He was the media's number one card for income so they won't let him go so easily, this album will be talked about. MJ's mum launching a civil case against someone was recently the top story on the red button BBC entertainment. If that was associated with any other celeb it wouldn't make the list. What i'm saying is he still has every chance of beating these people, he appeals to a far greater audience of potential buyers.

this thread is about MICHAEL'S NEW ALBUM... not everyone else. would love to stick to mj's album.

Just to add to the list of other artists releasing albums on 22/11...

In the UK its Take That vs JLS. Thats what the chart battle is set to be (with everyone assuming Take That will easily run away with the No.1) I really hope Michael's album beats them both though.

Lots of competition for that time of the month. I'm just praying that this means more marketing and promo for MJ.

michael has more fans than ever imo

this thread is about MICHAEL'S NEW ALBUM... not everyone else. would love to stick to mj's album.

Its not a bad thing to know who the competition is though. Everyone is only discussing this because we want MJ to take the top spot and that means there needs to be a massive promo campaign.

I don't know if this sounds unecessary, but I'll probably end up buying four or five copies lol.

I don't know if this sounds unecessary, but I'll probably end up buying four or five copies lol.

lol idk if ur going to be the only one doing that lol

Just to add to the list of other artists releasing albums on 22/11...

In the UK its Take That vs JLS. Thats what the chart battle is set to be (with everyone assuming Take That will easily run away with the No.1) I really hope Michael's album beats them both though.

Lots of competition for that time of the month. I'm just praying that this means more marketing and promo for MJ.

Again the younger market. The name is just stuff of legend. The words michael jackson stand out on any chart. He's too bigger deal, once the media get something new to go on, like a proper annoucement about everything, it's all people will be talking about. JLS against Michael Jackson, what has happened to this crazy world.

I will definitely be buying at least 5 copies the first day. Probably a dozen by the time Christmas is over. Great gifts!!

Remember to buy each copy in SEPARATE transactions, or else it may not count as an additional sale for charting purposes.

If Sony still released cassette tapes, I sure as heck would buy one. Yep I still use tapes. I got a tape deck in my car. :)

Me too. I think more actually. I'll buy one to myself, not to be opened, then one to use, one to have at my parents house, one to each of my parents sommerhouses, one to the car and one to each of my parents cars. :lol: I'll propably end up buying 9 or 10 copies. And all my friends are going to get MJ's new album for Christmas this year.

If you don't know what to give your friends this X-mas the answer is very simple. - MJ's NEW ALBUM ! :lol:

IF you buy more than one copy then remember to spread your purchases

(i.e. don't buy them all from one shop at the same time as the sale won't count - go to different music stores or buy them on different days to be certain they all count)

BTW I won't be buying more than 1 copy. If anybody else I know wants a copy they'll buy it themselves.

^ Nikki Minaj, Akon, and Lloyd Banks also have new albums dropping the week of 11/22.

Nicki Minaj and Lloyd Banks are only big in the states, Lloyd Banks doesn't even qualify as mainstream. The estate will not, and shouldn't be bothered by Nicki Minaj and Lloyd Banks. As far as Akon and Ne-yo goes, neither of them are as big as Michael, and I doubt they have as big of a fan following as Michael does, so even with all these albums coming out, I feel that Susan Boyle is Michael's only competition, and even that is a reach.

Nicki Minaj and Lloyd Banks are only big in the states, Lloyd Banks doesn't even qualify as mainstream. The estate will not, and shouldn't be bothered by Nicki Minaj and Lloyd Banks.

I haven't even heard of such :p

I think that the Michael Jackson album is a perfect Christmas gift beacuse you can give it to a friend, girlfriend (or boyfriend), parents (or children), even to grandparents (or grandchildren)... Michael's music is so diverse and reaches to different generations, religions, races... and every song has the perfect message of L.O.V.E.

I believe that Sony and The Estate are aware of this and that the album will be released November 23, 2010. If they don't do it they will make a big big mistake..

the only reason i would buy 2 copies is one for play and one for keep....

Am buying at least 5 copies and would definitely buy more [xmas gifts]

Again, I say Escape is a great song but I am selfishly saying if all we get is ten I hope they leave it out. The fans who haven't heard it missed out by not being around so they should be the ones to have to wait till they put out a compilation.

If they release 16 songs then fine put it on there.

That's just my opinion.

Back