Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

I am just saying that if some fans want to buy several copies for whatever reasons, other fans should not shame them. that's all.
I don't care how many copies anyone buys, except if there isn't at least one left for me...:D

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Very unlikely, they never release albums on a Friday. It would most likely be released the Tuesday before (23rd)

It's been done in the past. Eminem has released a few albums on Fridays instead of a Tuesday.

Last edited:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0549543720080805 from 2008. Just saying, anything is possible with Michael Jackson.

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Metallica will release its first album in five years worldwide on Friday, September 12, the second time the rock band has broken with the industry's custom of a Monday or Tuesday street date.
A posting on Metallica's Web site, entitled "The Last Piece of the Puzzle," did not give a reason for the unusual release date for "Death Magnetic."
Albums are usually released on a Tuesday in the North America, where Metallica is signed to Warner Music, and a day earlier everywhere else. Universal handles the band internationally

I hate all the talk on here about how to screw record sales. If the new album sells 10/20 million copies I want it to be because 10-20 million people went out and bought it.

Sales figures will mean nothing if we're all holding 5 copies at home.

Thriller/Bad/Dangerous etc didn't rely on on gimmicks of this nature to become among the best selling ever.

Also, it's pretty selfish to buy someone a present just because you like it. I'd be gutted if someone bought me an Akon CD just because they were trying to get their sales figures up!

Actually, back in 1988 I bought 7 copies of BAD. First I bought a tape. I listend to it so much that I used it and it got broken. I bought a second one, it got broken again, and I nought a third one. Then I also bought an LP because the picture on the cover was bigger and the louders were more powerful on my phonograph. After, I got an imported BAD tape as a gift, then I bought a CD just for the sake of the better noise reduction, etc, etc.

I am probably not the only one who did that.

Even after, with Invincible, I listened to it so much that it got used and I had to buy two or three others.

As far as artists' companies trying to buy their own albums, I don't see the point. All they do is lose money by doing that, because they paid already to distribute and produce the album. What do they win if they buy their own products???? Nothing

So smooth has 7 days now for an album announcement?

i posted several weeks ago (check my posts) that the album will b out either a day before or after thanksgiving usa, u don't need to b an 'insider' it's pure business logic... xmas season = largest sales for music. simple.
insiders what a waste of time.

i posted several weeks ago (check my posts) that the album will b out either a day before or after thanksgiving usa, u don't need to b an 'insider' it's pure business logic... xmas season = largest sales for music. simple.
insiders what a waste of time.

Maybe, but as you don't have an insider to inform you, your comment doesn't count :cheeky:

Look at me for example, years and years ago my sources predicted that an album was going to be released soon, and here it comes.

Actually, back in 1988 I bought 7 copies of BAD. First I bought a tape. I listend to it so much that I used it and it got broken. I bought a second one, it got broken again, and I nought a third one. Then I also bought an LP because the picture on the cover was bigger and the louders were more powerful on my phonograph. After, I got an imported BAD tape as a gift, then I bought a CD just for the sake of the better noise reduction, etc, etc.

I am probably not the only one who did that.

Even after, with Invincible, I listened to it so much that it got used and I had to buy two or three others.

As far as artists' companies trying to buy their own albums, I don't see the point. All they do is lose money by doing that, because they paid already to distribute and produce the album. What do they win if they buy their own products???? Nothing

It's interesting to see how our music listening habit changed so much since the invention of mp3 player/iPod.

Back in the days, it's not unusual to buy multiple copies of the same albums becasuse tapes would break and CD's got scratched. That helped drive up sales.

Now, I download songs I like from iTune and import albums I bought to iTune. The wear out issue becomes non-existence in digital world. I used to buy a second copy of an album I like and bring it to the office or else I have to settle with whatever the radio is airing. Now, with a iPod docking station, I can listen to music that I imported from CD to iTune in my office. A second CD is not necessary. And, there are good quality speakers manufactured specifically for iPod. So, listening music from iPod is not a compromised way of listening to music anymore.

I think illegal downloading and poor music quality are not the only culprits of dwrindling music sales. The radical change in people's listening habit is not helping with sales.

Sorry to be off topic!

It's interesting to see how our music listening habit changed so much since the invention of mp3 player/iPod.

Back in the days, it's not unusual to buy multiple copies of the same albums becasuse tapes would break and CD's got scratched. That helped drive up sales.

Now, I download songs I like from iTune and import albums I bought to iTune. The wear out issue becomes non-existence in digital world. I used to buy a second copy of an album I like and bring it to the office or else I have to settle with whatever the radio is airing. Now, with a iPod docking station, I can listen to music that I imported from CD to iTune in my office. A second CD is not necessary. And, there are good quality speakers manufactured specifically for iPod. So, listening music from iPod is not a compromised way of listening to music anymore.

I think illegal downloading and poor music quality are not the only culprits of dwrindling music sales. The radical change in people's listening habit is not helping with sales.

Sorry to be off topic!

Well, I must admit that digital sound is much easier to store and share, however, I can't explain why, but the stereo sound on the tape sounds better than on the CD. The only drawback regarding the tape is the support which causes unnecessary background noise. If we could have the stereo sound from the tape on the CD or in MP3 format it would be perfect, but that's not the case. CD stereo sound is much more rigid and sounds more metallic compared to the tape stereo where we have impression to hear sometimes in 3-D. I don't know if other people here have had the same or similar experience.

I can't believe how much some of you guys care about chart positions and sale figures....

Will you enjoy the music less if it only manages to reach number 2??

:clapping:Agreed :clapping:

Smooth , no offense but you say MJ can enjoy a higher chart success. But lets face it, MJ enjoys zero now :(. It's effin' $ony enjoying it now...not MJ. I think it came out kinda strange.

It's MJ Estate and therefore MJ's children. I'll forever support them.

My source has confirmed the album already came out!

MJBad.jpg

WOW - never seen that. It would be super cool if BAD anniversary came with this cover as a fan edition. It's great! :punk:

I just don't get the maths here. Why wouldn't it count???

If the shop orders let's say 1000 units, and one fan buys all the units, the shop made good business by selling those units. So it will be obliged to re-order from its supplier (SONY) another shipment of 1000 or more units if the shop wants to go on with making good business.

The provider counts how many shipments they delivered (sold) to the retailers (shops).

So, if you buy one or two albums or a thousand, the results are always the same --the albums are SOLD. So what has that to do with the number of people buying them??????

It's not logical I'll agree on that.

But from what's been posted it really seems to be true. So I'll spread my buys. It's not a problem really. Even more fun to go to different stores and buy the MJ album. Can't WAIT!!

where did you hear this?

Wasn't that the plan long time ago already? I mean 'in the beginning of December'. I think it's probably one of the singles that will be out around the thanksgiving.. If you release it 6th December all the people will hurry to buy it for X-mas so it charts well too all through the X-mas season and New Year.. There will be around two weeks before X-mas and that'd be exactly the right amount of time to really sell it..

I thought according to smooth the dates were as follows..

Announcement - Before October 7
First Single - Mid October
Album, game and DVD set - 22/23 November

Well, I must admit that digital sound is much easier to store and share, however, I can't explain why, but the stereo sound on the tape sounds better than on the CD. The only drawback regarding the tape is the support which causes unnecessary background noise. If we could have the stereo sound from the tape on the CD or in MP3 format it would be perfect, but that's not the case. CD stereo sound is much more rigid and sounds more metallic compared to the tape stereo where we have impression to hear sometimes in 3-D. I don't know if other people here have had the same or similar experience.

Thank you for your explanation. I don't remember how a tape sounds like. I started listening to CD's when I was in junior high school. I used to feel the sound from a CD is more superior and richer than digital sound. But, with the continuous improvement of speakers made for digital sound. I honestly cannot tell the difference between listening to a CD and listening to digital music (with the same speaker). So, I tend to think the speaker plays a more important role than the format in which the music is stored.

Most people, I assume, don't have ears of a sound engineer or a consumated musician and would prefer a more convenient way to get music. Digital music, may one day, drive out CD's. Just the other day when I went to Best Buy, I saw albums are now sold in USB flash drive. :bugeyed

Don't know about the single but announcement and album, game and DVD set yes.

I really hope he is right.

Thats what I thought too. But there have been different dates by different people. I dont care when it comes out, as long as it does! I dont know what the heck to believe though. :scratch:???

Thank you for your explanation. I don't remember how a tape sounds like. I started listening to CD's when I was in junior high school. I used to feel the sound from a CD is more superior and richer than digital sound. But, with the continuous improvement of speakers made for digital sound. I honestly cannot tell the difference between listening to a CD and listening to digital music (with the same speaker). So, I tend to think the speaker plays a more important role than the format in which the music is stored.

Most people, I assume, don't have ears of a sound engineer or a consumated musician and would prefer a more convenient way to get music. Digital music, may one day, drive out CD's. Just the other day when I went to Best Buy, I saw albums are now sold in USB flash drive. :bugeyed

If you don't hear the difference it is normal. What you hear on CD support IS already in digital format. :)

What is not digital, but analogue, is audio format on tapes and LPs. The problem as I explained on the tapes and LPs is the noise. And if you try to copy from tape to tape the noise increases and the recorded sound decreases, something which you never ever have with a CD, since this latter is digital and since digital information is always in reality cloned than copied; in other words a digital copy of a digital original will sound exactly the same (no loss of information).

no Smooth doesnt Sony/the estate do. Smooth is the messenger.
god u people need to leave that man alone. its NOT his fault if u dont get your announcement within 7 days.

smooth doesn't what? i was just stating the dates that smooth has told us. There a problem?

yea there is.... people are blaming him for delays or something when it isn't his fault if the stuff hes told by another doesn't pan out.

Well i hope that wasn't directed at me. I have always been a supporter of smooth. And even if there is no announcement by the 7th, while i will definately be dissapointed, it won't change my opinion of smooth. If there is no announcement by then though i highly doubt we'll be seeing an album release in november.

Well i hope that wasn't directed at me. I have always been a supporter of smooth. And even if there is no announcement by the 7th, while i will definately be dissapointed, it won't change my opinion of smooth. If there is no announcement by then though i highly doubt we'll be seeing an album release in november.

no it wasn't directed at u but everyone,

Thats what I thought too. But there have been different dates by different people. I dont care when it comes out, as long as it does! I dont know what the heck to believe though. :scratch:???

I feel the same way.

Single is aimed to come out "around Halloween", like I've said before. This process has been delayed. My source is at Sony Music USA, and Sony anticipated things moving much faster then they are. Blame the estate for that. Sony is still expecting the announcement to be finalized next week and to go public. Single they expect out near MJ's favorite holiday, or just a tad after. Album is still set for Nov 22/23

**thumbs up to Smooth** Thanks man!

ty smooth u work hard

Hey guys, this is my updates from Sony Music Asia

The "new" music video they viewed last week was actually the real "ONE MORE CHANCE" video, which was filmed in Nov 2003. you know what happened then...

My source said this time, you will see a complete video, not just several clips and montages. Yes, the completed video, which will be included in the 3-DVD set.

I told my source this video could not be the promo and lead single for new album, but may be a surprise for fans as long as it will only be included in 3 DVD "Vision". My source said he might misunderstand some info.

More updates coming....

but I'm already excited. This very last music video will finally come to light.

MJ-One-More-Chance-michael-jackson-.jpg

Last edited:

thanks mkgenie for the update!

I really hope that is true MKGenie. I've been dying to see the OMC video for years... it would be so cool to finally see it.

Back