Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

And what we had was....

An excellent soundtrack to an incredibly popular feature film (most features have soundtracks) including some nice demos as a bonus (they didn't HAVE to add those in - it would have been a sufficient release as a standard soundtrack without them) The This Is It song is the worst part of the soundtrack so releasing it as a single would have been foolish. The Estate made the right call here (remember, post MJ passing its the ESTATE, not Sony, who think up and put forward the releases)

The BEST Michael Jackson release to date. An incredible selection of classic Jackson 5, Jacksons, and Michael Jackson tracks spanning his entire career with 13 unreleased rarities slotted in, in approximate chronological order PLUS the first official release of Live In Bucharest. Doesn't get much better than that as a boxed set. Releasing the demos on a stand alone disc would have been crap in comparison in my opinion. I'd much rather have The Ultimate Collection with 4 discs of gold and a DVD concert.

And the way they're running the new era, perfect from what I can see so far.

How can it be a new era when Sony keep releasing music / videos from an older era, we need to move Michael forward into a the new era with material that we know exists that will put Michael into legendary status, just look at the amount of Elvis Concert DVD's released, people want to these legends performing live on stage, not video material that is as old as the hills, I mean come on I'm pretty sure the worlds population has seen Thriller or Beat It video, its not as if nobody hasn't heard of Michael Jackson, but not many people have seen Michael perform live. Enough said.

Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

God, I hope not.

Terrible idea.

Absolutely. It's the worst single MJ ever released. I don't get why he wanted to film a video for this single. He should've gone with something else, that was released a year later on TUC.

Maybe Michael liked the song and felt it would be a hit, among the others at the time. None the less, it's great news to hear that the video for it will be included in this DVD set. :dancin:

Absolutely. It's the worst single MJ ever released. I don't get why he wanted to film a video for this single. He should've gone with something else, that was released a year later on TUC.

OMC is exactly the type of song that Sony rejected in 2007. It's not radio-friendly. It's not that strong.

I love One more chance and I can't wait to see the video! It's a great love song! :yes:

I love the song deeply!!!!!! One of my biggest dreams will come true if this video is full and released.

I love the song deeply!!!!!! One of my biggest dreams will come true if this video is full and released.

Its a good song looking forward to the video release, but its no single opener to probably Michael's biggest ever album release...fingers crossed it will be Another Day.

bluray!! bluray !! bluray!! bluray!!bluray!!

BLURAY!! BLURAY!!

BLURAY RELEASE!!

PLEASE DO YOU GET THE POINT SONY!!

This has to happen!! IF you go and bring out boxset and then bluray later then i wont be buying both!!

Estate!! BLURAY!!

SCO5!! MKgenie tell them it hte age of bluray now and lets face it Sony designed this format!! So what better way than to show Michaels amazing work of art in full HD picture and SOUND!!

I hope that along with the release of his classic videos THE Estate know how it could be amazing if we get behind scenes, award shows etc etc!! of course a making and full bluray release of captain eo and ghosts would be amazing!! i really do hope your listening!!

Terry

The only info regarding One More Chance thus far is that the video of the song will be included into the DVD boxset. That to me is a great news. Any footage of Michael is a treasure.

It's funny how people start to speculate the possibility of the song being released as a single. The song was indeed released before. Why the Estate wants to re-release it again? Just because it has a video that is never seen before? I don't think so.

The album according to Sony's press release in spring of this year will be made up of songs that have never been released before. Given the fact that there are some very good songs, like Escape, Another Day, Hold My Hand, APWNN, that are never released, plus many many songs that are not leaked to the internet, why would the Estate select One More Chance?

Some people need to remember that Sony is a business not a Michael Jackson fan club. Sony wants to make money, that is all.

Correct. Don't hate SONY for doing what they has to do - make money. It's a buisness, MJ knew that too!

Will there be a Blu-Ray release?? And I mean, REAL High Definition.. New scans from the original film prints?? We all know that MJ recorded ALL his videos on film..

I really hope they make a Blu-Ray release too. DVD is old. SONY needs to give us all MJ's videos in HD!

Could it be that One More Chance is included on the new album and re-relased as a single?

:bugeyed I hope NOT !! :bugeyed Would be an absolute disaster!

Is it true that he filmed an "Unbreakable" music video?

No. Would have been great though!

I love One more chance and I can't wait to see the video! It's a great love song! :yes:

I love the song too. It's a little cheasy, but it's great anyway. And I can't wait for the video to finally be released! :punk:

The album according to Sony's press release in spring of this year will be made up of songs that have never been released before. Given the fact that there are some very good songs, like Escape, Another Day, Hold My Hand, APWNN, that are never released, plus many many songs that are not leaked to the internet, why would the Estate select One More Chance?

Good point.

There are absolutely NO reason to re-release OMC on the new album.
MAYBE they could include OMC on the first single if the OMC video comes out at the same time. MJ always had old songs on his new singles. so if Another Day is released as the first single there could be 2-3 versions of Another Day and then OMC too. - That would be OK. ALSO - Many people don't even know OMC!

I dont think that the TII soundtrack was a good idea as for the old album version songs.
They should release a LIVE version of the soundtrack, on several MJ boards there is a download of the DVD version.
It was just another GH compilation, nothing special, I didnt buy it.
I wont buy any other GH comp.
And of course, TII song was a total professional disaster.

UC was to be released instead of all these never-ending GH compilations in 2003. That would have been a HIT.

SONY should release DVD/BR of all world tours, from the Jackson5 era to HIStory + special bonuses and behind the scenes.
That would have been an awesome smash hit.

I dont know what to think about the new album or another GH compilation... enough is enough.

How can an album that sold five million copies worldwide be a bad idea and nothing special? What we like doesn't mean what the Estate should do. As a matter of fact, the album is a HUGE success and the Estate scored. The album appeals to the people who walked out of theatre, mesmerized, re-discovered Michael Jackson and wanted to relive the magical moment in the theatre. People who are not fans of Michael and who don't own a Michael Jackson album will be attracted to it. Also, the Estate was smart enough to include a disc 2 that consists of demos, a poem and the song This Is It. For me, disc 2 of This Is It album is a rare gem. The demo of She's Out of My Life is beautiful, with Michael's vocal accompanied by just acoustic guitar. It's so raw and intimate. Hearing Michael reciting Planet Earth is priceless. The poem and the demos are enough to convince me to buy the album. The Estate and Sony want to market the album to a broad audience, not just the very loyal Michael Jackson fans. And, This Is It accomplished that.

As for the concert footage, neither Sony nor the Estate owns the Jackson 5 materials. They belong to Motown/Universal. And, we need to be patient. One day, the footage will be released. As a fan, I want to see the second leg of BAD tour, another tour date of Dangeour tour and HIStory tour be officially released. But, I don't want the Estate to continue releasing materials without strategic planning. I want the Estate to put thought into the project and put together something that Michael would have been proud of.

In the meantime, we all should feel grateful that a new album, a game and a boxset are all on their ways to be released.

Its a good song looking forward to the video release, but its no single opener to probably Michael's biggest ever album release...fingers crossed it will be Another Day.
Is there any news about the single? Are they still thinking Anoher Day?

I still have hope it would be an up-tempo song, something to dance to! :angel:

For me, disc 2 of This Is It album is a rare gem. The demo of She's Out of My Life is beautiful, with Michael's vocal accompanied by just acoustic guitar. It's so raw and intimate. Hearing Michael reciting Planet Earth is priceless. The poem and the demos are enough to convince me to buy the album. The Estate and Sony want to market the album to a board audience, not just the very loyal Michael Jackson fans. And, This Is It accomplished that.

This is exactly it....Disc 2 for hardcore fans, and Disc 1 for the rest of the public...Its the only reason why I bought the album...for the rare gems on it...

Is there any news about the single? Are they still thinking Anoher Day?

I still have hope it would be an up-tempo song, something to dance to! :angel:

Yeah, Another Day just rocks, what a great tune..its an absolute must..the video would of just been amazing!!

Surely you jest

One More Chance is actually very radio friendly. The song lends itself well to pop, r&b stations that play more soft rock and easy listening music. While it might not be the best song for Top 40 stations, one must remember that there are many forms of radio out there today.

Hey guys, this is my updates from Sony Music Asia

The "new" music video they viewed last week was actually the real "ONE MORE CHANCE" video, which was filmed in Nov 2003. you know what happened then...

My source said this time, you will see a complete video, not just several clips and montages. Yes, the completed video, which will be included in the 3-DVD set.

I told my source this video could not be the promo and lead single for new album, but may be a surprise for fans as long as it will only be included in 3 DVD "Vision". My source said he might misunderstand some info.

More updates coming....

but I'm already excited. This very last music video will finally come to light.

MJ-One-More-Chance-michael-jackson-.jpg
34t3dbb.jpg

:wild::wild::wild::wild: I have been waiting YEARS to see htis, please ask them when they are going to release The Bad Tour and Victory Tour, heck tell them the fans want a compilation of ALL Michael's tours.

34t3dbb.jpg

:wild::wild::wild::wild: I have been waiting YEARS to see htis, please ask them when they are going to release The Bad Tour and Victory Tour, heck tell them the fans want a compilation of ALL Michael's tours.

LOL @ that gif, i love this guy! :D:D:D
i'm really excited to watch the video too, i hope it will go on music tv channels aswell

My hopes for the Vision set

-They include ALL the videos. Goin' Places, Blame It On The Boogie, She's Out Of My Life, Billie Jean '84, Can You Feel It, Another Part Of Me, the alternate version of Gone Too Soon, prison version of They Don't Care About Us, HIStory, and Cry haven't been released on any compilations

-Clean up and have the short films in the highest quality possible. USE THE ORIGINAL FILM PRINTS!!

-We need a COMPLETE short film compilation. Not different assorted sets, but FULL COMPLETE set

My hopes for the Vision set

-They include ALL the videos. Goin' Places, Blame It On The Boogie, She's Out Of My Life, Billie Jean '84, Can You Feel It, Another Part Of Me, the alternate version of Gone Too Soon, prison version of They Don't Care About Us, HIStory, and Cry haven't been released on any compilations

-Clean up and have the short films in the highest quality possible. USE THE ORIGINAL FILM PRINTS!!

-We need a COMPLETE short film compilation. Not different assorted sets, but FULL COMPLETE set

I've seen reports this evening on the net that the album is called Vision as well, and contains 12-14 tracks but won't be released until the first week of December (around the 6th) can anyone confirm any of this? thanks

I woke up this morning to find that i couldn't get onto MJJC and i went through withdrawal. But i have to say that when i got back and came in here to find new news about the upcoming MJ projects...

I never thought that would happen again. to wake up and find something new on MJ like a video makes me think he is still here lurking around. I know that sounds so strange but he always said he put his soul into his music so in a way he is still here.

I also want to say Thanks to all those who are telling us this information. Although some seem to question the news I'm just damn grateful that we are getting it from you. You ALL do a wonderful job.

I've seen reports this evening on the net that the album is called Vision as well, and contains 12-14 tracks but won't be released until the first week of December (around the 6th) can anyone confirm any of this? thanks

Reports from where?

How can an album that sold five million copies worldwide be a bad idea and nothing special? What we like doesn't mean what the Estate should do. As a matter of fact, the album is a HUGE success and the Estate scored. The album appeals to the people who walked out of theatre, mesmerized, re-discovered Michael Jackson and wanted to relive the magical moment in the theatre. People who are not fans of Michael and who don't own a Michael Jackson album will be attracted to it. Also, the Estate was smart enough to include a disc 2 that consists of demos, a poem and the song This Is It. For me, disc 2 of This Is It album is a rare gem. The demo of She's Out of My Life is beautiful, with Michael's vocal accompanied by just acoustic guitar. It's so raw and intimate. Hearing Michael reciting Planet Earth is priceless. The poem and the demos are enough to convince me to buy the album. The Estate and Sony want to market the album to a broad audience, not just the very loyal Michael Jackson fans. And, This Is It accomplished that.

As for the concert footage, neither Sony nor the Estate owns the Jackson 5 materials. They belong to Motown/Universal. And, we need to be patient. One day, the footage will be released. As a fan, I want to see the second leg of BAD tour, another tour date of Dangeour tour and HIStory tour be officially released. But, I don't want the Estate to continue releasing materials without strategic planning. I want the Estate to put thought into the project and put together something that Michael would have been proud of.

In the meantime, we all should feel grateful that a new album, a game and a boxset are all on their ways to be released.

:clapping::clapping: Agreed. Well put. :punk:

This is exactly it....Disc 2 for hardcore fans, and Disc 1 for the rest of the public...Its the only reason why I bought the album...for the rare gems on it...

Me too. Disc 2 is great. And this was a smart move from the Estate. This way the general public bought it, and so did the fans, thanks to disc 2.
Great buisness move!

How do you know what type of song Sony rejected? you keep making crazy assumptions.

Agreed. Makes no sense some times.

Do you have a link? I haven't heard anything about that.

Vision might work as Album Title. - but I had hoped they would name the album after a song on the album.

There isn't anything about the new album on Wikipedia? :/

I agree. Radio DJs were praising it in London back in 2003. Saying they expect it to be a big hit. I remember Capital FM & I think Radio One doing so. If it wasn't for the allegations it would have been. That's why the allegations were timed when they were.

One More Chance is actually very radio friendly. The song lends itself well to pop, r&b stations that play more soft rock and easy listening music. While it might not be the best song for Top 40 stations, one must remember that there are many forms of radio out there today.

Great to hear that the original OMC video is being released. I can hardly wait to see it.

Back