Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
I agree, they made a huge mistake by not putting STTR on the album (though maybe it didn't fit the flow..) but I pray and hope they release this on the next album or if there's a special edition of MICHAEL next year.

STTR just has to be released someday! And soon, when it still sounds fresh!

Absolutely true!
:clapping:

^ What is this?

That's not MJ at all. I think this proves that Monster, Breaking News, and Keep Your Head Up are MJ singing... because this is clearly not Michael Jackson on this song. And when you listen to something like this then go back to Keep Your Head Up... you can see a huge difference.

Wow, that is not MJ. It's kinda catchy, but the main melody reminds me TOO much of "The Exorcist"... You can just tell in this person's voice, it sounds too boyish while trying to pull off a more mature, Invincible-era MJ. I agree with you, Smooth. I'm listening to "Keep Your Head Up" and it has reaffirmed my belief even more that the Cascio tracks are MJ.

^ What is this?

That's not MJ at all. I think this proves that Monster, Breaking News, and Keep Your Head Up are MJ singing... because this is clearly not Michael Jackson on this song. And when you listen to something like this then go back to Keep Your Head Up... you can see a huge difference.

smooth do you maybe know when will second single be released? Can you ask that your Sony source, please.. And tell them that they need invest more money in promotion!

no it is in store. but i've already pre-ordered my copy. mum would kill me if i bought two copies

Hun just say that u arent sure when the heck ur ordered copy is coming so just maybe buy the instore copy anyway. Then if your ordered copy ends up coming, maybe if u want give to someone u know thats a fan or u could keep it and hide it! ;) hehe

Discussion about ''Michael'' as in the new album?
Bought it, listening to it now, and loving it! :wub:
Another day is playing as I type.
I'm grateful for this new album. Simply enjoying it! :D:clapping:
PS: loving the little booklet that comes with it, with printed hand written lyrics by MJ :yes:

Discussion about ''Michael'' as in the new album?
Bought it, listening to it now, and loving it! :wub:
Another day is playing as I type.
I'm grateful for this new album. Simply enjoying it! :D:clapping:
PS: loving the little booklet that comes with it, with printed hand written lyrics by MJ :yes:

I bought it today at the mall... and I LOVE IT !! I mean, I love it even more than Thriller!! oh yeah..... and I agree with you, the booklet is beautifull, love MJ's handwritting... and I adore the HT handwritten on the Beverly Hills Hotel paper lol

MONSTER next single!! :(

I'm a hater, yes!!...I hate SONY and THE STATE for doing this to MJ.

I love MJ and I will not support this Album.

His legacy has been destroyed, don't you see it, fans!!!

^ What is this?

Strange because I think this song (Room 2 Breathe) sounds exactly like the Cascio songs (especially the vibratos and especially KYHU came up in my head as I listened to this) and I was about to ask if it's another Cascio song....

Maybe better post it in the Cascio songs discussion thread? Just an idea ;-)

YOU KILL "MICHAEL" YOU HURT MICHAEL JACKSON NOT SONY OR ANY OTHER, If he is dropped off charts Michael and only Michael takes the blame ! GET IT ?The say his music is bad, not Sony is bad ....GET SOME BRAIN PEOPLE !

AND NOT TO FORGET AS A FELLOW KOP POSTER SAID
Boycotting Sony is senseless in this day and age. Sony has so many proprietary properties that even if you purchase another brand, chances are Sony gets royalties or its a Sony OEM part.

For example, at the height of the Blu Ray vs. HD DVD war, Toshiba took over the plant that produced the "cell" which was the heart and soul of the PS3 console. And Toshiba was "public enemy No.1" to Sony and the Blu Ray consortium. These companies are all connected in electronics so its a waste of time boycotting any large electronic corporation today.
http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=50044&st=340

SO BURN ALL YOUR SONY PRODUCTS AND ALL YOUR MICHAEL ALBUMS THEN ....grrrrr They do not get that Mike and Sony share mutual economic interests ! Thriller25 was Mike's project not Sony's !

Last edited:
Y'know, I have a really good idea for a music video for "Breaking News", going by the teaser that SONY and the Estate originally put out for it. I hope it has a music video eventually made for it, it's a very danceable, one of my favourites on the album.

YOU KILL "MICHAEL" YOU HURT MICHAEL JACKSON NOT SONY OR ANY OTHER, If he is dropped off charts Michael and only Michael takes the blame ! GET IT ?The say his music is bad, not Sony is bad ....GET SOME BRAIN PEOPLE !

It's not true. The article I read about the poor album sales pointed out that it's because fans think the album is poorly produced, not true to Michael's standards etc. They did not blame Michael with a single word! They blamed the producers.

Michael's legacy can not be destroyed, for his legacy was created by himself, when he was alive. It was HIS sweat, tears and endless amount of work that created his legacy.

"Every day create your HIStory, every page you turn you're writing your legacy."

Regardless of what happens from now on, his legacy is already carved in stone. And in our hearts. No one holds the power to destroy what he created. :)

Michael's legacy can not be destroyed, for his legacy was created by himself, when he was alive. It was HIS sweat, tears and endless amount of work that created his legacy.

"Every day create your HIStory, every page you turn you're writing your legacy."

Regardless of what happens from now on, his legacy is already carved in stone. And in our hearts. No one holds the power to destroy what he created. :)

:clapping:

Exactly.

I agree 100%. If this album doesn't do well, which I hope that it does do well, people will look back and say that "You can't blame that on MJ, he wasn't here to put his finishing touches on it." Frankly, this album is a BONUS for us. It's not a traditional studio album by any means, it is merely something that the estate have given us to hear some of MJ's last work. It's like "This Is It", if you don't like it, you can't blame MJ for it because the film wasn't intended to be made, just as how these particular polished-demos weren't meant to be heard in their form. I think that they were going to be released eventually had he not passed (Definitely "Best of Joy" and most likely the Cascio tracks).

Excatly! right on :clapping:

I respect ur opinion but I disagree. (Sorry to be a broken record, again and again and again)! The thing is, We dont have any proof that its not Michael to say they duped us. All the "proof" we have is fan made and speculation the its Malachi or someone else singing it! But its really James Porte singing WITH Michael and he's not an impersonator, he's an artist himself. It's not $ony thats destroying Michael's legacy,(HIS Legacy, like Laura L. said, "is already carved in stone)! If some think that only 3 songs are fake then Why say they're boycotting the album? Why not only boycott the 3 songs they think is fake? And give the 7 songs a chance! You have no idea how many non-fans, I KNOW, who were gonna buy the album are not buying it anymore cuz of the division in the fan community.

And I'm very sad that we're divided more than ever now...:no:

Personally, I feel bad for the new fans who have to experience this... But I know that *Michael* Will do well even if it doesnt sell like Thriller(Nothing will sell like Thriller cuz of this day in age)!

And a tip, dont call ur self a hater. You are a fan right? A hater is a person that Do not like Michael! But since you're in a Michael Jackson forum, I'm guessing that you're a fan. :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
im sorry but while this release is hurting mj as its more amo for the scum media to hit him with it makes no difference to his musical legacy.to even think that is ridiculous

I haven't seen this posted yet. From Bo G on King of Pop:

I just happened to stumble on a radio show in which Stevie Wonder discusses Michael, the new album. I've transcribed it here:

KIIS-FM, 12/16/2010, at about 19:00

[Stevie Wonder is playing and singing in the studio, talking with DJ Ryan Seacrest, who asks Stevie to perform a holiday tune. Stevie replies:]

SW: I will, but do me a favor, we can talk about that...but I just downloaded the new Michael Jackson album...

RS: Do you like it?

SW: I totally like it! And I like song number four, without question...

RS: (I Like) The Way You Love Me?

SW: Yeah, I think y'all should play that, really. The reason, in part, that I talk about this song is because we all know that, when he died, there were those people who loved him so much - most of the people throughout the world, but there were those who came out talkin' craziness and talkin' just stupid stuff. Some of those people befriended him, and then after he died, come up with this stupid stuff and said "Well, you know..." and that kind of stuff... And it really bothered me. It bothered me so much that that's why I didn't want to do any interviews, because I didn't want to be part of that.

But I wanted to be a part of... You know what? He, as in John Lennon, as in many of the people we lost... they were blessings to the planet. And I think a way to show him, his mother, how much we really love the blessing of his life is by just continuing to let the legacy of this man live and be strong. Because love is far bigger than hate, and it should always be that way. So I loved this song a lot.

RS: So let me ask you something, and I'll put this in here and we'll cue it up. Will.i.am -- and he's on the show tomorrow -- was very vocal about this album, saying it shouldn't have been released, he was upset about it, and some people have said that. And you totally disagree with that.

SW: Well I think that, obviously, we want to know what the artist was thinking, and we've had artists' songs come out right after they died and that just is what that is. And if your hookup is right before you die, if you make sure that everything is straight should you die, that either those songs will be released the way you would approve and done by someone, or they won't be. Because you can only do as much as you will have done by the time you die. So I think that people love Michael Jackson and they want to hear the very, very last thing that he did.

I'm hoping, and it sounds to me more -- far more -- like him than not.

And I just think that we all have opinions, right? You know? Everybody's got an opinion, we can't stop that. Will is a good person, and that's how he feels.

I just know that that song I like. I LOVE that song! I just love it, it makes me feel that he's there. That's the spirit of how I like to remember his voice... one of the different ways -- obviously, he had many different ways of singing.

So I just look at the positive. If it's going to encourage somebody, talking about love... if it's going to encourage somebody, talking about things that will maybe stop someone who wants to kill themself, and by hearing something positive, they're inspired to live even greater and better... then let's do that. I mean, we were given the gift not to just let it die when we die.

SW: Here is the song he was just talking about -- Michael Jackson....[plays song]. That was Michael Jackson, cut 4 from the new Michael Jackson album. Stevie Wonder requested that one. Pretty song!

SW: [Sings a brief melody snippet, singing "Dooo-wooooh-oooooh..."] "Isn't it pretty?"

RS: Yeah, it's REALLY pretty!

SW: [Sings another brief snippet.]"Dooo-wooooh-oooooh..."

This post has been edited by Bo G: Today, 09:14 AM

^ That's awesome. Glad to see Stevie Wonder is a fan.

The album is all MJ without a doubt. I've listened to the album a few times in the past two days... free from all the holiday stress. Just soaked the music in. Without a doubt, the songs are all Michael Jackson. There's one verse on Monster (2nd) that makes me think they had a stand-in to complete what MJ didn't. But besides that, it's Michael :)

I fully believe its all Michael. Ive listened to the album quite a few times now. Really enjoy the album. I don't care what critics say, i love MJ, and I own it for that reason :)

Back